Lucky Family Hostel Reviews

No. 12 Xinsi Hutong, Dongsi Shier Tiao, Dongcheng District, Beijing, China

Good location and occasion to experiment life in a traditional hutong, close to the subway and major sites. A lot of small restaurants/shops around. Easy to find. Very helpful staff. Good housekeeping. Minimarket and tour desk. Draught beer service gave a good conviviality spirit, to meet other guests. Don’t stay next to the common rooms during the WE, if you want to sleep early. My single was 8m², with a TV set, the AC, and a good bed. I enjoyed the continental breakfast before I started my day

Breakfast is very little, could do with some fruit or something added in, but everything else was wonderful! Staff was great and even came to rescue us when a tree fell in the road blocking the way. Reservations were honored right away and made the check in very easy and painless.

• 28th May 2014

Close to metro, quiet hutong area. Very nice and helpful staff. Rooms are clean, comfortable. We were staying in a four bed dorm and it was really nice, good value for money, although the bathroom door were very loud so other guests might have felt uncomfortable, because very often we had to leave very early or we were coming back very late. Nice simple breakfast, hostel can also organise some trips to Great Wall etc, overall really nice stay, no complaints.

Well first impression (ote, first day ever in china at all) was quite strange. Hostel hidde in small streets, staff had poor english, breakfest was only 7-9(note,I normally wont to be already out at 7:00already),nobody tell us where what is ad how to use it... Well from this point of state of mind the room was surprise-clean and with excelent shower and toilet. In this time I would give no more then ***o ***** above. However. my second visit had explains all above, and ******of ***** is deservd

• 25th May 2014
  • Czech Republic

Very cosy hostel in a small hutong street. The location is great, very next to subway. There are a lot of nice restaurants nearby and little shops. The staff of the hostel is friendly and very honest, you can always ask them for advice or help! Coffee and tea available all the time, there's also hot water dispenser!! I've been to this hostel not once and I am definetely coming back)) Somehow it is perfect for meeting new awesome people!!

Clean facilities, friendly/helpful staff (spoke good English!), reasonably priced tours, free breakfast/tea and coffee all day - handy after a day's sightseeing! Excellent location - very close to metro. However, in our twin room, the bathroom had smoked glass walls and was in the bedroom rather than in a separate room. This meant there was little privacy! Also a bit difficult to find as the taxi dropped us at the opposite end of the hutong and the hostel's directions did not include this info.

1 2 3 Next » last »