Lucky Hostel Koh Phangan Reviews

94/64 m.6, Haad Rin Tambon, Ban Tai, Koh Phangan, Thailand

The owners of this place are the most rude people I have ever met in all my years backpacking and traveling. They have no sense whatsoever to deal with people. Very disorganize and overbooked beds. I saw them turning people away left and right even when they had it booked previously.

We booked this hostel due to it's excellent location but it was pretty dire and didn't even have a reception, when I tried to ask the lady in the shop downstairs about it she first sprayed me with the shower then called her husband to shout at me. The husband said "I have a bad hostel...it's not my problem!!"...

• 11th Jun 2014

The best part about this hostel is the location. It's a quick walk to the beach for the Full Moon Party and also a short walk from the pier where the boats come. A common room is lacking at the hostel, but other than that it's clean enough and nice enough for what you need if you're going to the Full Moon.

There is no security what so ever, anybody can walk in and out of the hostel without beint questioned. If the door isnt locked buy the last person to come in it will stay stay open all night. Other than that it is in a great location, a few mintues walk from the beach. It is clean and tidy, but beware you don't get paint on the sheets, you will be charged a stupid amount when checking out.