Lucky Lake Hostel Reviews

Vinkenkade 75, Vinkeveen, Amsterdam, Netherlands

1938 Total Reviews

I would recommend a stay here ! Beautiful and unique hostel. Very clean and nice atmosphere. They have a smoking room and breakfast bus that will make it easy to make friends ! I loved my stay here, the only downside maybe is the location; very straight forward but it's just abit of a commute. Lucky lake is worth it though :) This hostel is by far the best hostel I have stayed in, it's beautiful and the staff are friendly and helpful. Great hippy vibe here.

This hostel is absolutely amazing. There are literally only two tiny downsides 1 The wifi on my phone never worked, although there was a computer free to use 2 It was hard to get back to at night, the shuttle stopped at 1 But because of this we got the last shuttle and spent the rest of the night in the lounge. It's seriously hard to be in there and not enjoy yourself meeting new people I was sceptical as I'm a clean freak but it was so clean there (not one spider) Completely recommend

• 14th Aug 2014

Lucky Lake Hostel is different from any conventional hostel, and they really embrace it! Most staff is very friendly, I stayed in a two-bed caravan and it was awesome. Only complaints were how cold it was because everything was outside (kitchen, bathrooms, showers), but you can't really do much about that, and the shuttle. It's nice that they have the shuttle, but it's really inconvenient when a lot of people trying to go into/leave the city - they definitely need a bigger one at times.

Although out of the centre it is made very easy to get in. It also has all the facilities like kitchen, common rooms and information that u need. Breakfast was very good and the hostel was very clean and well looked after. Found it slightly difficult to socialise but this is probably due to having a private room. Would definately come back again!!

Thanks for your good review! We hope to welcome you back:-)

By far my best experience in terms of stay and accomodation in my trip to Europe this year. Extremely friendly very clean and systematic and very chilled out. Loved it.

• 12th Aug 2014
  • India

Great! Thank you and safe travels.

Perfect Hostel! Nice staff, cool atmosphere, beautiful lake, very good breakfast and that all for a great price. What shall i say more... Recommendation!!

Yay! 100% as well, thank you!

We loved our stay so much - thank you for everything! We will recommend you and return :)

• 11th Aug 2014

Thank you and see you next time!!

Lucky Lake is probably the best hostel I've ever stayed in. Not only because of the beautiful and quiet location near a lake or the friendy staff, but also because of the fact that they take care of every detail. It's also a very safe place. excellent to rest after some adventure in the city,

• 9th Aug 2014

Lovely review. We're happy you liked our place, thanks for staying!

We loved everything about Lucky Lake except the location. It's a very long, boring walk to the nearest town to get food, and although they offer a shuttle to the train station, it still costs you money every time you want to take it. This should really be included in the price considering there is no other way to get there (watching a film should be free too). If you're visiting Amsterdam for the first time, definitely stay more central.

Thanks for your feed back. We always listen to our guests and will improve wherever possible. In 2015 the shuttle will be free! Instead of walking which we don't recommend you could have rent a bike to get to Abcoude. It's a very cute and typical Dutch town and just a 15 minute bike ride from the hostel. We are very clear about our location and that it will costs you a bit more money and time to get here. It's good to know that you did love the hostel! Thanks for staying and happy travels!

Amazing hostel. The staff is very friedly. The breakfast is good. And the place is very cute.

Wow, thanks!!!

I had a wonderful stay at this hostel. The vibe was awesome, staff was incredibly friendly, especially the one guy that put up with my craziness and hand raising questions. The bed was super comfy. Breakfast was absolutely delicious. We could even make our own eggs! The shuttle to and from the metro was so nice as well. I will definitely recommend this place and hopefully return someday.

Awwh lovely, thanks for staying and recommending us. We hope to welcome you back one day:-)

Lucky lake was amazing! I hope it Will always stay Luke this!

• 5th Aug 2014
  • Zakarikatchi
  • Switzerland

Best hostel I have stayed out, amazing ! No complaints

Great! Thanks for staying and many happy travels!

It was just an awesome stay at one of the most beautiful hostels I've been to. :)

• 2nd Aug 2014

We're making a little dance to celebrate the 100% you gave us! Thank you and we wish you many more great hostel stays in the future:-)

Nice staying, very nice place.

Yay!!! Thank you!

If you're looking to get a little out of Amsterdam and experience some real Dutch views (beautiful little town of Abcoude nearby), then this is the place for you. Great staff, great stay. Thank you! Toda Raba!

Had two nice days in Amsterdam. The pick-up-service from the train-station was great.

• 31st Jul 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Very nice hostel, cool athmosphere

Excellent hostel, great staff. The floor on my room was a bit dirty when I arrived. They have a shop with some basic food and drinks that is really good since you don't have to buy in the city. The only inconvenience is that is quite far from the city center, but the shuttle bus every hour to the metro station is perfect for it. Could have one or two late night shuttle bus from the city center, even if paid, would be awesome! But as I was looking for a place to relax, lucky lake was perfect ;]

Thanks for your nice feed-back. We're sorry to hear the floor in your room wasn't clean, we wish you've told us directly so we could clean it. We have a good deal with a taxi company and for €35 they will take you back to Lucky Lake from any where in the city center. We're glad you had a good stay anyway. Have a great time travelling through Europe, greetings from Lucky Lake.

Best hostel I've stayed in Europe. It's just way to relaxing, eventually you'll just want to stay there and hang out by the lake instead of going into Amsterdam. The staff make this place.

• 29th Jul 2014
  • Colombia

Awesome, thank you for appreciating Lucky Lake and the staff!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7