Lucky Lake Hostel Reviews

Vinkenkade 75, Vinkeveen, Amsterdam, Netherlands

1991 Total Reviews

Loved this hostel. Everything was awesome. Very easy to get to/from Amsterdam using the metro and shuttle. A great free breakfast. Highly recommend staying here.

Lucky Lake is a really cool hostel the breakfast in the morning is fantastic and the staff are awesome. The only problem with the place is that it is quite far from the main attractions but they have got the shuttle bus that's 2 euro for return ticket and takes you strate to the station and pick up times run till late which is perfect if u want to go out at night and not get a taxi back, but they have a deal with the taxis also if you miss the trains. I would recommend if u looking for value on$

Thank you! We're happy you had a good stay.

Really friendly staff, great shuttle bus service to the nearest metro stop and a relaxing atmosphere...would definitely go again!

Such a lovely place, the hostel is very clean, lots of staff so friendly but they let you get on with what ever you want to do. The lake is amazing, it's in a rich area of Amsterdam, normally you need to have lots of money to visit the place but this hostel gives you the opportunity to be here. Such a great place for a short stay. Also just 4 euros and 30 mins and your in Amsterdam Central. I'm going back next year for another 4 days or more, great people, great place. Wish I stayed longer

• 8th Sep 2014

Aside from it being a bit out of center city, what an amazing hostel! Super chill vibes, awesome and helpful staff, it was an all-around great experience. I would recommend this hostel to anyone, whether they were flying solo or with others. If I come back to Amsterdam I would stay here again without a doubt...best hostel I've ever stayed in!

Awesome, thanks for staying and recommending us. Safe travels!

Nice place and good people.

• 2nd Sep 2014

this hostel is so Chill, if you dont want to be where the whole bunch of turists are and get some dutch countryside, this is defently theplace to look fore, confy beds, hamocks, a chill lounge, bathrooms are always clean, brekfast is good. maybe the only drawback is in winter as its infrastructure is more Summerlike otherwise i love this place, deffinetly comming back for a 3rd time at some point

Yay! Thanks for staying with us again. We are closed in the winter(from September 15th till March 27th) and hope to welcome you back next season.

Lucky Lake was an absolutely beautiful place located 20 minutes out of the heart of Amsterdam. Lovely staff & beautiful surroundings make it a perfect place to stay, especially when traveling solo.

Lovely! Thank you so much for staying and leaving this review!

If you don't mind being 30 mins away from the city center and you like to meet chill/open minded people, then this is the place for you. This hostel attracts people from all walks of life, and the atmosphere is the best I've had in my travels. If you want to meet people, then hang out in the kitchen or lounge. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly. They treat everyone like an old friend.

Yay! Thanks and take care

Honestly the greatest place I've ever stayed , will be back. Great staff, clean place, comfy beds, cute caravans and breakfast was beyond what was expected (stayed 3 nights had pancakes twice and eggs the next). Best of both worlds staying by a beautiful serene lake just outside of wonderful Amsterdam and great transport service provided in and out of the city (Lucky Lake provides an hourly -sometimes half hourly- shuttle at almost all hours). Stayed with my boyfriend and we both loved it!

Wohooo! Awesome review, we'll see you next season hopefully. Greetings from all of us

The lake, beach, and islands are beautiful, and in late August it was quiet and peaceful. The staff are the most laid back, friendly, and helpful people I have had the pleasure to meet on my long trip. They have everything you could possibly need, I didn't have to or even want to leave the grounds. If you love the outdoors I highly recommend this hostel! Plus the ride into Amsterdam is only about 30 minutes, so you can make a good day trip out of it. I will definitely be back!

Thank you for leaving such an awesome review! We hope to welcome you back some day!

It's a very quirky yet adorable place to stay. Colourful van, cinema van, comfy lounge, breakfast bus.. couldn't ask for more. Nice breakfast, I like the poffertjes. Clean washrooms and toilets. Friendly staffs (some were a bit grumpy though ;p). Wifi is strong, my van was far on the back but i can still access it. It's just the location is a bit far from Amsterdam, and pricey in a way u have to spend more money on train to get to hollendrecht. But after all it's worth the money.

Wow, thanks! You'll have to calculate about €7 a day for transport. We're very happy to hear you had a great stay!

This hostel rocks! I love everything about the hostel. It has such unique and interesting characters. The staffs are really warm and friendly. Love the breakfast bus and the breakfast itself (they're free or rather included in the price of the bed). There's free flow of tea and coffee and the guests can use the open space kitchen. Nearby there's a lake and a charming town. This is by far the best hostel I've ever stayed in. U can't go wrong with this one!

Whoop whoop, you think we rock! Thank you for this lovely review and thank you for staying.

Fantastic place to stay - very chilled out atmosphere and place was always kept spotless! Already been recommending to friends

• 22nd Aug 2014

Wow thanks. We're very happy you had a good stay!

A dream of a hostel! Simply unforgettable with its colors, smiles, creativity, humor, and kindness. Breakfast bus... Although it is not actually in Amsterdam city but only in its province, it is quite easy to go from there to city center and back. There is an hourly shuttle van that costs only one euro and it is always driven alternately by one of the nice staff members. They get you from the side of the reception to the sidewalk of a train and metro station: Holendrecht. And from there back.

• 21st Aug 2014

Just wonderful! Thanks for your feed back and we hope to welcome you again!

I am at loss of words to describe the extremely charming experience we had at Lucky Lake hostel. Full Marks and hats off to Tatya and other staffs who were extremely polite and helpful.

• 21st Aug 2014
  • India

Thanks for your lovely comment. Greetings from all of us at Lucky Lake!

Loved the funky chilled out vibe. As they mention the location is quite far out but this could be good if you want somewhere quiet to relax next to the lake. Breakfast bus was really cool and well set up. Staff were super helpful and great. To the owners: Making the shuttle free or dirty cheap would be a nice touch. Overall we would both stay here again :)

Thanks for all the great words! In 2015 the shuttle will be free as we always try to improve:-) Thanks for staying and maybe till some other time.

Lived up to the hype! Really enjoyed experiencing a different place outside of central Amsterdam. Would recommend bringing an eyemask for sleeping as some of the curtains are thinner and flickering light of the smoke detectors in the small spaces of the caravans can be bright enough to be distracting. Would not recommend for people who are bad at making connections as the combination of metro + shuttle requires some thinking ahead and basic time management skills.

Yay! Glad you liked it. We'll look into the smoke detectors and curtains, thanks for letting us know.

Had a great stay here, was so peaceful. Great location. Would definitely stay here again and recommend to my friends.

• 18th Aug 2014
  • Scotland

Wow, thanks for recommending us and see you next time!

A fantastic, quirky hostel that was clean and welcoming. Great, friendly staff that were very helpful. We really enjoyed out stay here.

• 18th Aug 2014