Lucky Lake Hostel Reviews

Vinkenkade 75, Vinkeveen, Amsterdam, Netherlands

2082 Total Reviews

Really cute hostel. The breakfast is awesome, I never had such a good breakfast in a hostel. The facilites are really clean for a "campsite". It is a bit outside of Amsterdam but the free shuttle and the metro take you within 20-30 min to the center. We loved it. Its worth going there.

I had such a great stay at Lucky Lake! The staff was wonderful which totally made the experience. It was also nice to take advantage of the kayak rental they offer. I had a great time on the lake after a long day exploring the city.

Absolutely adorable. Loved the atmosphere and I had an amazing time!

Wow, thanks!

We spent 3 amazing days at Lucky Lake Hostel, thanks a lot for your kindness. We will never forget this peaceful atmosphere! Marine & Mika

• 22nd Apr 2015

Dear 2, thank you for staying. It was our pleasure :-)

It's bit far from the centre but I had no problem going out and coming back. Facilities are excellent and well maintained. It was a peaceful time surrounded by nature in generall

We're glad you had a good stay!

My husband and I stayed here and loved it! It's a really fun atmosphere with just about everything you could want (even a little movie "theater"). The hostel is colorful, laid back, and full of character (including goofy animal sculptures and cute ducks). My one complaint is that it's a little far from everything, but they have a free shuttle and bikes you can rent which helps a lot. If you don't mind the travel and are looking for a real Amsterdam experience, I highly recommend this place!

Thanks for your lovely review.

Hostel's atmosphere is amazing. I was suprised to see ducks walking around my feet when i was having breakfast :) There is a beautiful lake at 5 minutes walking distance. Stuff is very friendly and helpful. Reaching to hostel from center lasts around 40 minutes that might be disadvantage. After shower you need to walk to your room from outside, when its warm outside no problem but when it isn't...

Thanks for your nice review.

Excellent Hostel, i would stay again with no doubts. The staff is nice and helpfull, the rooms and bathroom really clean and the atmosphere of the hostel is very cool.

Never seen anything like this place before. Very eclectic, very unique. Awesome place. If I could, I'd live there :) The location isn't great but with the free shuttle it's really not a big deal at all. Rose was especially amazing (shoutout!). The atmosphere and experience definitely makes up for the commute into the city.

• 18th Apr 2015

Lovely, thank you!! Hope you're well, take care and till next time :-)

Such a cute hostel! I stayed in a 4 female dorm and it was perfect! Well, wifi didn't work in the room which sacked but there are so many places to hang out and so many cool people to meet. I traveled alone and met 3 really cool girls who I will be friends with for a while. Staff was friendly for the most part. Bathrooms were kind of far but not too bad. Breakfast was really good! You have to remember to lock your door though.

Lucky lake is a beautiful, unique hostel full of people from all different walks of life. Staying at this hostel will ensure your stay is memorable, cultural and friendly, with excellent on demand facilities. This hostel has definitely made me want to volunteer elsewhere, or even here, at hostels all over the world to get a real taste of life and experience. The hostel is situated 10 minutes via bike ride to an authentic, peaceful, scenic Dutch village where you can buy food, alcohol, cigarettte

• 17th Apr 2015

Awh thanks C! Feel free to send your CV with picture to us and who knows... maybe you'll end up working with us. We're happy you've enjoyed the hostel life, all the best from all of us.

Awesome hostel!! Very clean, comfortable, and fun. The location is far out of the city, but its really only a 15 minute metro ride and they shuttle you back and forth for free. The staff is super friendly and the breakfast is great. Very much enjoyed my stay, would most definitely come back.

• 17th Apr 2015

Yay! We would love to welcome you back! Safe travels and see you soon :-)

My wife and I stayed for two nights in the hostel. We both thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. The hostel and its surroundings were very lovely and quiet. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Initially I was apprehensive about the distance, but the hostel had a shuttle to holendrecht station, which was just about 20 minutes from the centraal station and the shuttle was on time. I would definitely recommend to friends and given another trip to amsterdam, I would stay here.

• India

Thanks for your lovely review and we're happy that you've enjoyed your stay and our free shuttle service :-) We hope to welcome you back some other time!

Pros: The staff were EXTREMELY friendly and helpful, they had cheap food available at reception; Super comfortable beds. Cons: Terrible wifi that barely worked in the wifi zone; Location was 15 minute shuttle drive + ~20 minute train ride to central station; the shuttle only leaves once an hour so we didn't get a full first day as we couldn't leave before 3pm due to lack of seats after arriving around 12:30. Overall, it was an okay hostel. Not the best but definitely not the worst.

Thanks for your review. We hope it's pretty clear on our website and booking sites that we are not situated in the city and that you do need to travel a bit to get to the hostel. The free shuttle bus runs as often as possible, especially in the mornings every half hour because we understand all our guests want to spend as much time as possible in the city. Thanks for staying and safe travels.

Its like a second home to me! The staff is amazing and it has everything you want! :)

• 16th Apr 2015
  • Sweden

Great hostel, I had an amazing time, thank you!

• 15th Apr 2015

You're very welcome. It makes us very happy that you had an amazing time :-)

The shuttle could pass each 30 minutes, wasn't easy to wait in the cold... Shuttle left 10 minutes earlier and I had to wait a lot. Also, by the end of the day there was more people that could fit the van, if there was more shuttle this wouldn't happen

Thanks for your comment. We're sorry you had some difficulty with the shuttle. We ask all our guests to call us if there are more then 8 people waiting at Holendrecht station to take the shuttle, if we get the call we always come with a 2nd shuttle. We try to keep the shuttle running smoothly and ask our guests to be a little flexible as well. We hope you did enjoy your stay.

This hostel was extremely cool and quirky - not your average hostel. The caravans, hammocks and breakfast bus were awesome- dominant contributers to the uniqueness of the hostel. The dorm room was also extremely clean and very practically designed. I loved my room! And the bathrooms- they were always clean and well maintained. However the staff werent overly friendly when off hours- It was a little intimidating Also, just be aware of the location. It's a shuttle and 20 minute metro from city

Thanks for your nice review. I'm sorry to hear about you felt intimidated by the staff. They are all very friendly and social. We're super happy you liked our new dorms :-) Enjoy your travels and take care.

Put this place on your bucket list !!!,!,!,

the most peaceful and nice little countryside vibe place around. highly recommend. :)

100% thank you!!