Lucky Lake Hostel Reviews

Vinkenkade 75, Vinkeveen, Amsterdam, Netherlands

From the moment we got into the shuttle, I was amazed at the friendliness of everyone, including Lucky Lake staff. The staff members were helpful from the get go and were very knowledgeable on many subjects. I had never stayed in a hostel before and I'm glad this was my first one. It was clean, well maintained, and cute! I loved how accommodating they were (free wifi, breakfast, computer use, printing, etc). Everything about my stay was wonderful.

• 2nd Jul 2015

Such a lovely review, thanks. We hope you'll have many more positive hostel stays in the future!

Lucky Lake was an awesome place to stay! Although it was a bit far from the city, the free shuttles they had every 30mins were really convenient and easy to use. The whole atmosphere of the place kind of felt like camp ground (with cabins) more so than a hostel. But all in all we really enjoyed how close to the lake and cute little Dutch town we were. If you're not too bothered by staying a bit out of town, I would definitely recommend it! Thanks, Jesika & Annika

Thanks girls! We're glad you've enjoyed your stay. Safe travels and greetings from all of us.

We stayed at lucky lake while we stopped in Amsterdam on our interail trip. The staff were so friendly and helpful and there was such a cool vibe around the place! We were a bit out of the centre but the free shuttle meant the centre was so accessible! It is also set on the most amazing lake. Overall a really good stay and would recommend it to all young adults looking for a nice place to stay while being in Amsterdam!

Whoohoo! Thank you!!

Hostel is 25 minutes from city but well worth it. Dutch countryside is beautiful. Really cool atmosphere and really welcoming. Reception closes at 11pm and reopens at 9 which at times is inconvenient. No AC was very hot at night. Kitchen facilities are great with lots of free stuff. One big negative for me was that I had food stolen or thrown out. Hostel staff partially compensated but things were still taken. Staff charged us for transportation to train simply because "reception wasn't open."

Thanks for your comments. We have this special taxi service to the airport for €35 and to Bijlmer Arena station for €15 This service is available before the 1st shuttle at 8 am. We're so sorry someone took your 'food' from the fridge, we gave you a compensiation but feel very bad you didn't get to experience your space journey:-) We're glad you've enjoyed your stay regardless. Thanks for staying!

But far out from the centre but the frequent shuttles, plus the great and relaxed location makes it worth while. Had a great time

Lovely! Thanks for staying!

A great stay, the atmosphere was friendly, the facilities good and the shuttle bus was a definite bonus. We'd definitely recommend!

We love the hostel is a beautiful place to stay. It's a little bit far from the Center but they provide shuttle to the train station. Really one of the best hostel We stayed. There's a lot of things to do. They rent you a bike for a day with and accessible price.

We had he loveliest time at Lucky Lake, unfortunately it rained a lot but there is still lots to do and when it was dry we managed to rent some bikes an cycle to the nearby village. It's a great camp and our cabin was perfect, clean and comfortable. There's lots of social areas to meet and chat to people. The breakfast bus was amazing and I am missing my free breakfast already haha. The showers are great, high pressure hot water with lots of space. The best thing is the friendly staff :)

• 20th Jun 2015
  • Scotland

Super review thanks!

Super chill

Glad you liked it :-) Thanks!

All of my friends and I from Texas had an amazing couple of nights in Amsterdam at Lucky Lake! Everyone working there was EXTREMELY pleasant and so much fun to be around! The atmosphere and experience probably cant be beat! We LOVE Lucky Lake! We will all definitely stay again if we return to Amsterdam.

• 18th Jun 2015

COOL! Thanks and we hope to see you back some day!!

AWESOME! The hostel is great. They have plenty of different mini-vans or cabins which the rooms and different facilities are in. They have a smoking lounge, non-smoking lounge, a CINEMA which you can rent out, bikes, a mini-grocery, a breakfast bus. There's an awesome typical Dutch village nearby as well as a lake, and a small beach to cool down. The only problem would be the distance to the city, but they offer a free shuttle bus service from Holendrecht every 30 minutes or so.

Yay! Glad you liked our hostel, thanks for staying!

Absolutely faultless. Lucky Lake is a wonderful place. Would definitely stay there again.

• 16th Jun 2015

O my 100% thank you!

It is a cool hostel but it need to take long time to arrive and leave the hostel. Sometime the booking of shuttle bus was full and need to wait for the next slot. Really bad you need to walk a distance between shower and the room when it was raining.

Nice clean environment, and we enjoyed leisurely breakfasts. The shuttle bus to and from the metro was always punctual.

• 15th Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

Thanks for leaving us a review.

Fantastic hostel! Nice and relaxing atmosphere and environment. The lake is beautiful! Staff were fantastic, very friendly and helpful!

Great review! Thanks

I absolutely loved my stay at Lucky Lake and would recommend the hostel to anyone heading to Amsterdam. I had originally booked only to nights but the staff managed to shuffle around the rooms and allowed me to stay for eight! The accommodation was very cute, super clean and had everything a traveller would need. The free breakfast in the morning was perfect and was very well utilised. The free shuttle meant the distance from the city was not a problem! Planning my next stay already!!

• 14th Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

Yay that's great! See you soon then:-)

Awesome hostel outside of Amsterdam such a great place to stay highly recommend it.

• 13th Jun 2015

Wow! Thanks for recommending us!

What a wonderful place! this is the best hostel I've ever stayed in. the private double bed cabin was absolutely lovely, clean and good value for money. It was amazing how it had everything one might need (bed, table and chairs, mirror, shelf and 3 lamps! :) I liked the laminate floor which looked new. There was even a heater in the room which worked magic in the evening. The breakfast bus was just the best, very good peanut butter btw! I loved the hammocks and the bean bags in the sun :)

Thanks for your positive review, awesome!

I loved just about everything about the hostel! Easy access from the city, the hostel is really cool looking, the breakfast is great AND it's really clean! The only thing was the staff. They weren't always very helpful... I felt ignored at the reception. I kept in mind the hostel had a really chill vibe but I couldnt help but feel some of the staff was really unprofessional or just totally inappropriate.

• 10th Jun 2015

We're shocked to hear that you felt ignored by our staff. Of course that made you feel uncomfortable and it shouldn't have happened. Please accept our apologies. We're glad to hear that in spite of this you did like the hostel. Thanks for leaving a comment and safe travels.

Lucky Lake made our first trip to Amsterdam a delight! Amazing people and loved the atmosphere. Despite concerns about the location, we found that we enjoyed being able to remove ourselves from the liveliness of the centre and relax on the hammocks! The hostel is wonderfully quirky, with funky caravans and a beautiful smoking lounge. We were also extremely happy that we were able to cook and the included breakfast was a real bonus. The staff were always very helpful. We'll be recommending/back

• 10th Jun 2015