Lucky Lake Hostel Reviews

Vinkenkade 75, Vinkeveen, Amsterdam, Netherlands

2007 Total Reviews

Loved the Hostel, staff are very friendly, room nice and clean! Most comfortable hostel bed I've slept in! Breakfast was also good, 5 minute walk to the lake which is beautiful at sunset. Shuttle is easy to find from the station. Loved the whole layout/atmosphere of the place, would love to come back some day.

• 13th Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

Awesome review, thank you and we hope to welcome you back next time you're in Amsterdam.

Loved this hostel. Everything was awesome. Very easy to get to/from Amsterdam using the metro and shuttle. A great free breakfast. Highly recommend staying here.

100%, woohoo, thank you!

Lucky Lake is a really cool hostel the breakfast in the morning is fantastic and the staff are awesome. The only problem with the place is that it is quite far from the main attractions but they have got the shuttle bus that's 2 euro for return ticket and takes you strate to the station and pick up times run till late which is perfect if u want to go out at night and not get a taxi back, but they have a deal with the taxis also if you miss the trains. I would recommend if u looking for value on$

Thank you! We're happy you had a good stay.

Lucky Lake is amazing!! I booked the trip as a surprise for my boyfriend's birthday. I emailed ahead and asked if the staff would put some champagne and decorations in our cabin as a surprise and add the cost to the bill. I received a really great personal reply saying yes they would and they seemed genuinely excited. We arrive to champagne and fab hand-made decorations - AND a bag of goodies, all at no extra charge. It made it really special! It would have been a special place to stay anyway! x

We're glad you liked the surprise:-) Thanks for your review and we hope to welcome you again some day!

Really friendly staff, great shuttle bus service to the nearest metro stop and a relaxing atmosphere...would definitely go again!

Yay! Thank you.

Such a lovely place, the hostel is very clean, lots of staff so friendly but they let you get on with what ever you want to do. The lake is amazing, it's in a rich area of Amsterdam, normally you need to have lots of money to visit the place but this hostel gives you the opportunity to be here. Such a great place for a short stay. Also just 4 euros and 30 mins and your in Amsterdam Central. I'm going back next year for another 4 days or more, great people, great place. Wish I stayed longer

• 8th Sep 2014

Lovely review. Thank you for enjoying our place and see you next season!

Aside from it being a bit out of center city, what an amazing hostel! Super chill vibes, awesome and helpful staff, it was an all-around great experience. I would recommend this hostel to anyone, whether they were flying solo or with others. If I come back to Amsterdam I would stay here again without a doubt...best hostel I've ever stayed in!

Awesome, thanks for staying and recommending us. Safe travels!

This is totally different from the others hostels I've been to. The rooms are spotless, as well as the kitchen, toilets, showers, etc. Well organized and has a awesome atmosphere. Perfect to relax. It's not in the centre of Amsterdam, but that helps, 'cause you hardly hear a car's noise and the shuttle offered solves the problem of distance. Breakfast deserves 5 stars. I went there with my friends, no problems at all, except the WiFi, It's slow. Great memories. I REALLY RECOMMEND THIS HOSTEL.