Lucky Lake Hostel Reviews

Vinkenkade 75, Vinkeveen, Amsterdam, Netherlands

1956 Total Reviews

Fantastic place to stay - very chilled out atmosphere and place was always kept spotless! Already been recommending to friends

• 22nd Aug 2014

A dream of a hostel! Simply unforgettable with its colors, smiles, creativity, humor, and kindness. Breakfast bus... Although it is not actually in Amsterdam city but only in its province, it is quite easy to go from there to city center and back. There is an hourly shuttle van that costs only one euro and it is always driven alternately by one of the nice staff members. They get you from the side of the reception to the sidewalk of a train and metro station: Holendrecht. And from there back.

• 21st Aug 2014

I am at loss of words to describe the extremely charming experience we had at Lucky Lake hostel. Full Marks and hats off to Tatya and other staffs who were extremely polite and helpful.

• 21st Aug 2014
  • India

Had a great stay here, was so peaceful. Great location. Would definitely stay here again and recommend to my friends.

• 18th Aug 2014
  • Scotland

A fantastic, quirky hostel that was clean and welcoming. Great, friendly staff that were very helpful. We really enjoyed out stay here.

• 18th Aug 2014

Awesome thanks!!

I would recommend a stay here ! Beautiful and unique hostel. Very clean and nice atmosphere. They have a smoking room and breakfast bus that will make it easy to make friends ! I loved my stay here, the only downside maybe is the location; very straight forward but it's just abit of a commute. Lucky lake is worth it though :) This hostel is by far the best hostel I have stayed in, it's beautiful and the staff are friendly and helpful. Great hippy vibe here.

Thank you!!

One of the best hostels I've stayed in.

This hostel is absolutely amazing. There are literally only two tiny downsides 1 The wifi on my phone never worked, although there was a computer free to use 2 It was hard to get back to at night, the shuttle stopped at 1 But because of this we got the last shuttle and spent the rest of the night in the lounge. It's seriously hard to be in there and not enjoy yourself meeting new people I was sceptical as I'm a clean freak but it was so clean there (not one spider) Completely recommend

• 14th Aug 2014

:-) Thanks for your lovely feed back. The last pick up from Holendrecht station is at 1.30am and yes, our WiFi is lousy, we're very sorry about this. We're very happy to hear that you thought everything was clean, we work really hard for this. Thanks for staying and your recommendation, it's much appreciated!

Lucky Lake Hostel is different from any conventional hostel, and they really embrace it! Most staff is very friendly, I stayed in a two-bed caravan and it was awesome. Only complaints were how cold it was because everything was outside (kitchen, bathrooms, showers), but you can't really do much about that, and the shuttle. It's nice that they have the shuttle, but it's really inconvenient when a lot of people trying to go into/leave the city - they definitely need a bigger one at times.

We do our best to make the shuttle service run smoothly and have a 2nd van in case it's needed. It's been a bit cold lately but we hope you've enjoyed our everlasting hot showers, warm and cozy lounge and the heater in the caravan. Thanks for your feed back and happy travels!

The best hostel of my life :-)

Although out of the centre it is made very easy to get in. It also has all the facilities like kitchen, common rooms and information that u need. Breakfast was very good and the hostel was very clean and well looked after. Found it slightly difficult to socialise but this is probably due to having a private room. Would definately come back again!!

Thanks for your good review! We hope to welcome you back:-)

By far my best experience in terms of stay and accomodation in my trip to Europe this year. Extremely friendly very clean and systematic and very chilled out. Loved it.

• 12th Aug 2014
  • India

Great! Thank you and safe travels.

Perfect Hostel! Nice staff, cool atmosphere, beautiful lake, very good breakfast and that all for a great price. What shall i say more... Recommendation!!

Yay! 100% as well, thank you!

We loved our stay so much - thank you for everything! We will recommend you and return :)

• 11th Aug 2014

Thank you and see you next time!!

Really cool hostel with a very unique set up! Super friendly staff and guests. It was nice to see the outer areas surrounding amsterdam, but perspective guest must keep in mind this hostel is 45 minutes outside of central amsterdam, so you have to plan your days in the city accordingly. other than that, a great hostel to stay at, really cool breakfast bus and a pretty lake just up the road (walking).

Lucky Lake is probably the best hostel I've ever stayed in. Not only because of the beautiful and quiet location near a lake or the friendy staff, but also because of the fact that they take care of every detail. It's also a very safe place. excellent to rest after some adventure in the city,

• 9th Aug 2014

Lovely review. We're happy you liked our place, thanks for staying!

We loved everything about Lucky Lake except the location. It's a very long, boring walk to the nearest town to get food, and although they offer a shuttle to the train station, it still costs you money every time you want to take it. This should really be included in the price considering there is no other way to get there (watching a film should be free too). If you're visiting Amsterdam for the first time, definitely stay more central.

Thanks for your feed back. We always listen to our guests and will improve wherever possible. In 2015 the shuttle will be free! Instead of walking which we don't recommend you could have rent a bike to get to Abcoude. It's a very cute and typical Dutch town and just a 15 minute bike ride from the hostel. We are very clear about our location and that it will costs you a bit more money and time to get here. It's good to know that you did love the hostel! Thanks for staying and happy travels!

Amazing hostel. The staff is very friedly. The breakfast is good. And the place is very cute.

Wow, thanks!!!

I had a wonderful stay at this hostel. The vibe was awesome, staff was incredibly friendly, especially the one guy that put up with my craziness and hand raising questions. The bed was super comfy. Breakfast was absolutely delicious. We could even make our own eggs! The shuttle to and from the metro was so nice as well. I will definitely recommend this place and hopefully return someday.

Awwh lovely, thanks for staying and recommending us. We hope to welcome you back one day:-)

Lucky lake was amazing! I hope it Will always stay Luke this!

• 5th Aug 2014