Lucky Lake Hostel Reviews

Vinkenkade 75, Vinkeveen, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Even though it is a little out of the way, it was worth it! It has a great environment and I would enjoy even just staying at the hostel the whole time! Cute décor, comfy beds, near a lake so you can go kayaking if the weather is nice. They have a free shuttle to the metro every hour (until 01:00), which makes it really easy--the entire trip is about 30min but that's how long you might spend navigating metro and walking in other cities anyway. I would definitely come again.

Lovely clear review, thanks for leaving this. The last shuttle is at 1.30 am. Thanks again and take care!

We had a great time at the hostel, thanks!

Thank you too!

Awesome hostel. Caravams are comfy, lots of toilets and showers, fun smoke room.

Yay, glad you liked it here :-)

Great place to stay and chill out easy to get to as well with great shuttle bus service, I wil be back again

100% whoohoo!! Thanks and see you soon.

I really enjoyed my time at Lucky Lake. The staff were super friendly and the resort is super cute! The bed was comfy, bedding was clean as well as the bathrooms and shower rooms. Had nice, hot showers and the kitchen was set up well too. Free breakfast was delish! The free shuttle service was awesome for getting into town as well as getting back to the resort. It felt like I was back at summer camp, but for adults :)

:-) This makes us really happy! Thanks for staying and safe travels!

It is upscale for camping; staff was very friendly and accommodating. I am a 50 year old woman who was traveling alone and never once was concerned about my safety. The other folks were diverse in age, gender, ethnicity, outlook, etc...would return and would recommend!

Thank you for recommending us! It's wonderful to hear that you felt safe and had a good time here. We hope to welcome you back some day.

Wonderful place outside the city of Amsterdam. The place has a very laid back mentality and has a good understanding of what people are looking to do. The staff was very friendly and always helpful. If I was to travel back to Amsterdam, I would definitely recommend this place.

Wow, that's awesome! Thanks and enjoy your travels.

Lucky Lake is a the place to stay if you want something a little bit different and quirky. It's 30 mins from Amsterdam centre but the shuttle service to the metro is excellent, and its nice to be able to escape the hustle and bustle of Amsterdam to come to this paradise! Highlights were the caravan cabins, the breakfast bus and kayaking on the lake! Will be back for sure.

Oh thanks, we're happy you had a good stay!

Lucky Lake is the most beautiful place to stay in the World. We try to come back every year since 7 years. Go there, it's awesome

• 9th Jul 2015

Thank you girls! It was great seeing you again X

Had a brilliant stay, love Lucky Lake and will definetly be back!

Such a lovely place, great atmosphere and the staff were really helpful. Room could have been cleaner though.

• 7th Jul 2015

Thanks for your comment. We're very sorry to hear you didn't find your room as clean as it should be. That's not okay, we wish you would have let us know on your arrival so we could have made it to our standards. Thanks for letting us know and we're happy that you did enjoyed your stay! Thank you.

Lucky lake hostel was a really amazing start to our travelling holiday. The converted bus and caravans really reflected the quirks of Amsterdam. This hostel is not actually in Amsterdam centre but don't let this put you off - you can get regular metros to the pick up point and then be shuttle bussed back to the hostel. Everything was extremely clean, lots to dog ere including swim, cycle and kayak and the staff were so kind and helpful. Will be returning as a group but amazing as a couple!

Wonderful! Thanks and till next time :-)

Lovely hostel and the lake was beautiful. Only issue was how far away from Amsterdam but they did try to accommodate this with the free shuttle. Atmosphere is lovely and everyone was very friendly with staff helping all the time. Really enjoyed our stay.

• 5th Jul 2015

Great! Thanks for staying.

I am sorry about the delay in writing this review. Have only good things to say. The place is very beautiful and extremely clean and tidy. Excellent breakfast. Excellent kitchen and very helpful staff. Am I forgeting to say something Yes...if you are in doubt about this hostel due to the location, I reccomend you to stay there. Because the lake is very beautiful (sunset there is a feast for the eyes!), you can ride a bike, swin, etc. We had a very pleasant stay there!

Woohoo! Thanks!

If you're going to Amsterdam, but aren't really interested in the city this is definitely the place.

Thanks for your review.

It was such a lovely place to stay! The atmosphere was excellent and the staff was very nice and helpful

• 4th Jul 2015

Yay, thanks!

From the moment we got into the shuttle, I was amazed at the friendliness of everyone, including Lucky Lake staff. The staff members were helpful from the get go and were very knowledgeable on many subjects. I had never stayed in a hostel before and I'm glad this was my first one. It was clean, well maintained, and cute! I loved how accommodating they were (free wifi, breakfast, computer use, printing, etc). Everything about my stay was wonderful.

• 2nd Jul 2015

Such a lovely review, thanks. We hope you'll have many more positive hostel stays in the future!

This hostel was a great find! Excellent facilities including a kitchen, shop, and transport to and from the metro. Very helpful staff and a quirky atmosphere - we would definitely go back!

Woohoo! Lovely, thanks!

Lucky Lake was an awesome place to stay! Although it was a bit far from the city, the free shuttles they had every 30mins were really convenient and easy to use. The whole atmosphere of the place kind of felt like camp ground (with cabins) more so than a hostel. But all in all we really enjoyed how close to the lake and cute little Dutch town we were. If you're not too bothered by staying a bit out of town, I would definitely recommend it! Thanks, Jesika & Annika

Thanks girls! We're glad you've enjoyed your stay. Safe travels and greetings from all of us.

We stayed at lucky lake while we stopped in Amsterdam on our interail trip. The staff were so friendly and helpful and there was such a cool vibe around the place! We were a bit out of the centre but the free shuttle meant the centre was so accessible! It is also set on the most amazing lake. Overall a really good stay and would recommend it to all young adults looking for a nice place to stay while being in Amsterdam!

Whoohoo! Thank you!!