Lucky Lake Hostel Reviews

Vinkenkade 75, Vinkeveen, Amsterdam, Netherlands

It was SO nice to stay here, away from the city, but still plenty easy to get into the city - the best of both worlds. I would stay here again without a doubt.

Lovely, thank you!

Had a really lovely stay at Lucky Lake, the cabin we stayed in was lovely and cosy, especially when the weather started to play up and it poured down we were cosy and warm in our room! The shuttle service and breakfast were also really good and nice hot showers and clean toilets were also a good feature :) overall a very lovely stay, if only the weather in Amsterdam was nicer for the couple of days :(

Thanks for your lovely words. We're sorry for the rain and hope you'll come to stay with us again on a sunny day:-)

We were greeted by the friendliest staff and welcoming atmosphere. Staff are super helpful and the facilities at the hostel are brilliant. Facilities are clean and excellent breakfast provided. The full kitchen with all utensitls provided helped save a lot of money. The minibus service to the train station was brilliant and always on time. Be sure to book if you want to use the little cinema as it is very busy. The lake nearby is fantastic and worth going for a swim! Will definately return soon!

• 23rd Aug 2015
  • Wales

Yay, what an awesome review. Thanks so much, we're very happy you had such a great stay!

Loved the caravans, really cute. Showers were powerful, clean and very hot which was great! Was nice to be so close to the lake, and shuttle to the train station is very useful, it's then a short train into the centre of Amsterdam. Overall fantastic stay.

Wow! Thank you!

Amazing hostel! Te staff are so friendly and inviting and the atmosphere is beyond anything I've experienced at other hostels. It is a bit if a pain to get to and from the city centre but the staff do their best to accomodate this by offering free busses to and from the station. Would recommend for a group, for a solo traveller, for pretty much anyone

Thanks for your positive feed back.

The best hostel in the world! Would recommand it to everybody. Clean, cosy and great service. Especially perfect if you want to relax and see the country side. Great for couples since you have your own private caravan. The atmosphere you have to feel for yourself - AMAZING.

Just one word; WOW!!! Thank you.

I love this place so much. Second visit this summer and it was better than last time. Back soon, I hope.

:-) Thanks and see you soon!

Lucky Lake was a fantastoc place to stay. The staff was very accommodating and hospitable. I would highly recommend this hostel to backpackers traveling The Nethrlands.

• 17th Aug 2015

Thanks for recommending us!

This place is absolutely amazing. Beautiful location, met some fantastic people, awesome outdoor kitchen. It's everything you could ever want. So sad we only stayed for two nights. Stay at Lucky Lake!

We (a couple) stayed here for two nights and it was lovely. Cute little caravans and decoration all over the hostel made it feel really cosy. Standard free breakfast and tea and coffee. A really chilled atmosphere. The only negative point is the location, it's far out of the city centre (30 mins train and shuttle). However the train tickets are cheap and they have a shuttle bus once/twice an hour right to the hostel. But we really enjoyed our stay here and would definitely stay again :)

Thank you for your nice review and we hope to welcome you back some day!

The carvans were really cool and there was a nice atmosphere, the breakfast truck was great, but felt the shuttle could of come more regularly as got stuck at the bus stop

• 15th Aug 2015

Thanks for your nice review. We ask our guests that in case there are more then 8 people waiting at the shuttle stop, to please give us a call so we can come with an extra bus. We do all we can to make transportation to and from the hostel as good as possible for our guests although you do need to be a bit more flexible staying here compared to a stay in the city.

this hands down the best hostel I have stayed in. in Amsterdam. I can't express what a lovely atmosphere this place has. I found the staff extremely welcoming, and the environment is just beautiful. lovely to get to see a different side to Amsterdam. I can't wait to come back which I'm sure won't be too long!tha.k you lucky lake for a great stay, keep on keeping on! :):):)

• 14th Aug 2015

I loved my stay at Lucky Lake, by far the best hostel I've ever stayed at, I'll definitely recommend and can't wait to be back. Only thing I think it could be improved is the shuttle service on rainy days, as it can get really busy at times on the way back from town and people might have to wait a lot longer in the cold/rain.

• 14th Aug 2015

100% yay! We do all we can to make transportation to and from the hostel as good as possible for our guests. Asking you to call us if there are more then 8 people waiting at Holendrecht station really helps to avoid waiting in the cold and rain. Thanks for your feed back and hope to welcome you again!

By far the coolest place weve ever stayed, The staff were extremely friendly and helpful, The shuttle bus made the location extremely handy, Ordering pizza and toasties at the desk was so good and having free tea and coffee all day was good for sleepy morning, While your there definitely take advantage of the lake and rent paddle boards you wont regret it! This place is just amazing i would recomment to everyone to go there at least once! I plan on going back soon just for the hostel

Yay!! How awesome, we're very happy that you liked it and hope to welcome you back! Thank you.

The. Best. Hostel. Ever. Me and my friend really enjoyed staying here! Its a bit away from amsterdam city center but totally worth it! And you can easily go to the city for day and then come back. This place was so cosy, calm and near beautiful little town and a beach. I would stay at this hostel again in a heartbeat! And probably will visit it again! Dont hesitate to book this hostel! :) very good beds, showers and stuff.

Yay! Thanks for your little rave about our place! We hope to welcome you back again some day.

A very nice and comfortable place if you are short on Money. You get warm water, breakfast, a shuttle to the next trainstation and a great Location for free. The atmosphere ist amazing, because everything got that 50s charm, i would say. I definitely would have stayed longer if it was possible.

• 11th Aug 2015

It's nice to your you think you got good value for the money. Thanks for your review.

We really had a great time at your hostel and would come back any time :)

• 10th Aug 2015

Lovely thanks!

Really enjoyed our stay, the atmosphere was perfect and everyone we met was absolutely lovely. Only problem was that we were only there for two days! Will hopefully be returning at some point in the future.

• 9th Aug 2015

:-) We hope to see you back. Thanks for the lovely review.

Was the best hostel I have ever stayed in! Staying in a caravan was so unique, but didn't feel like camping more like glamping! The staff where all very kind, breakfast was nice and having the lake and bike rides around made it even better! Already want to go back!

• 8th Aug 2015