Lucky Lake Hostel Reviews

Vinkenkade 75, Vinkeveen, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The hostel is great. Comfy beds, clean bathrooms and good breakfast! Also the location is not central but still is really good. In my opinion is still better since we can relax at the lake very close by.

100% cool!! Thank you!

Absolutely loved staying at Lucky Lake it has everything you need with a great atmosphere, beautiful location and super friendly staff. Have already started recommending it to anyone going to Amsterdam in the future.

• 17th Jul 2015

Whoop whoop! Thanks for staying and recommending us.

Awesome Hostel!! A little bit remote from the city - but that is more than compensated by a shuttle service. For free. And if the shuttle is full they just go for a second round. It´s a really relaxed atmosphere like you might know it from camping sites... Very calm and chilled. And with a lake!! They also provide a safe, but that one doesn´t look very thrustworthy. Never felt the need to lock something away, though.

:-) Thanks for leaving this review. The safe you're talking about is actually just a locker for your bag but you're right this is a very safe place and we're happy about that :-)

This was an amazing experience to stay in such a positive environment in the comforts of a caravan. I found the atmosphere to be pleasant and the staff were always really helpful. The location was ideal for me and my friend as we wanted somewhere away from the City centre and found it relaxing as there was always a shuttle bus to pick us up from Holendrecht station. Would definetely reccomend to anyone travelling with another person

• 16th Jul 2015
  • Hong Kong

GREAT!!! Thank you for staying.

Wonderful!

• 14th Jul 2015

You're wonderful too:-)

Stayed here for three nights with my girlfriend, location at first seemed funny but journey into city centre is really easy and the shuttle is frequent and reliable! staff are exceptionally friendly and helpful! small town abcoude is only a 15 minute bike ride away which has a supermarket and a few cafes and restaurants, the bikes can be rented at a low cost! Facilities at the hostel are good, toilets and showers are clean and work well! really enjoyed our stay, really cool hostel! would return!

100% thank you! It's really nice to hear you had such a good time!

Wonderful atmosphere! Great place to spend our trip!

Awesome, thanks!

Even though it is a little out of the way, it was worth it! It has a great environment and I would enjoy even just staying at the hostel the whole time! Cute décor, comfy beds, near a lake so you can go kayaking if the weather is nice. They have a free shuttle to the metro every hour (until 01:00), which makes it really easy--the entire trip is about 30min but that's how long you might spend navigating metro and walking in other cities anyway. I would definitely come again.

Lovely clear review, thanks for leaving this. The last shuttle is at 1.30 am. Thanks again and take care!

We had a great time at the hostel, thanks!

Thank you too!

Awesome hostel. Caravams are comfy, lots of toilets and showers, fun smoke room.

Yay, glad you liked it here :-)

Great place to stay and chill out easy to get to as well with great shuttle bus service, I wil be back again

100% whoohoo!! Thanks and see you soon.

I really enjoyed my time at Lucky Lake. The staff were super friendly and the resort is super cute! The bed was comfy, bedding was clean as well as the bathrooms and shower rooms. Had nice, hot showers and the kitchen was set up well too. Free breakfast was delish! The free shuttle service was awesome for getting into town as well as getting back to the resort. It felt like I was back at summer camp, but for adults :)

:-) This makes us really happy! Thanks for staying and safe travels!

It is upscale for camping; staff was very friendly and accommodating. I am a 50 year old woman who was traveling alone and never once was concerned about my safety. The other folks were diverse in age, gender, ethnicity, outlook, etc...would return and would recommend!

Thank you for recommending us! It's wonderful to hear that you felt safe and had a good time here. We hope to welcome you back some day.

Wonderful place outside the city of Amsterdam. The place has a very laid back mentality and has a good understanding of what people are looking to do. The staff was very friendly and always helpful. If I was to travel back to Amsterdam, I would definitely recommend this place.

Wow, that's awesome! Thanks and enjoy your travels.

Lucky Lake is a the place to stay if you want something a little bit different and quirky. It's 30 mins from Amsterdam centre but the shuttle service to the metro is excellent, and its nice to be able to escape the hustle and bustle of Amsterdam to come to this paradise! Highlights were the caravan cabins, the breakfast bus and kayaking on the lake! Will be back for sure.

Oh thanks, we're happy you had a good stay!

Lucky Lake is the most beautiful place to stay in the World. We try to come back every year since 7 years. Go there, it's awesome

• 9th Jul 2015

Thank you girls! It was great seeing you again X

Had a brilliant stay, love Lucky Lake and will definetly be back!

One of the best hostels i've ever stayed at. Such a relaxed vibe to the place and all the staff seem to love working there which I think says a lot about just how awesome it is. The nearby lake is really beautiful and after spending a few nights in the hustle and bustle of Amsterdam city itself, it was really nice to get away and relax out here. Met loads of cool people who I did day trips with constantly, and had drinks with by night. The free breakfast in the breakfast bus is great as welll.

Yes yes yes!!!! Great review, thank you!

Such a lovely place, great atmosphere and the staff were really helpful. Room could have been cleaner though.

• 7th Jul 2015

Thanks for your comment. We're very sorry to hear you didn't find your room as clean as it should be. That's not okay, we wish you would have let us know on your arrival so we could have made it to our standards. Thanks for letting us know and we're happy that you did enjoyed your stay! Thank you.

Lucky lake hostel was a really amazing start to our travelling holiday. The converted bus and caravans really reflected the quirks of Amsterdam. This hostel is not actually in Amsterdam centre but don't let this put you off - you can get regular metros to the pick up point and then be shuttle bussed back to the hostel. Everything was extremely clean, lots to dog ere including swim, cycle and kayak and the staff were so kind and helpful. Will be returning as a group but amazing as a couple!

Wonderful! Thanks and till next time :-)