Lucky Lake Hostel Reviews

Vinkenkade 75, Vinkeveen, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Great atmosphere and staff at a lovely place. I'd travel there again!

• 20th Aug 2013

Thank you for staying! Till next time:-)

Generally it was ok, although the price according to the localisation is not appropriate I think. All the rest, including New Zealand Girl, was cool.

Thanks for your useful comment. We try to keep our prices as low as possible. Next time maybe stay on a Wednesday, all rooms are 15 euro per person per night. Greetings from all of us at Lucky Lake!

It was such a surprice when we arrived there. Chilled out, friendly and so relaxin. We were with 3 people and all 3 of us felt like it was the best choise and like we were backpacking again! I loved the little caravans. And the price was cheap for what you get. Also good arrangements to and from Amsterdam city! Please go here its awsome.

• 17th Aug 2013

Perfect! Remember you're never too old to go backpacking again :-) We hope to welcome you again!

Lucky lake hostel has such a relaxed atmosphere with all of the staff being so welcoming and helpful. The surrounding area is beautiful and the site offered enough activities so you wouldn't even have to leave the site on most days! The arranged travel facilities was efficient and very helpful and cheap so thank you Lucky Lake Hostel!

• 16th Aug 2013

We are happy to hear that you've seen the beauty of Lucky Lake. Thank you for staying!

The location was a bit off the city , but apart from that i had a great stay . The staff is very freindly and forthcoming in sharing information and guided us really well. The facilities are decent and the atmoshphere is relaxed .

Glad you've enjoyed your stay. Thanks

We stayed 2 days in Amsterdam and 2 days out at Lucky Lake which was the perfect balance. Great people and chilled out atmosphere at the lake, we loved our little 3 person cabin. Only bad thing was lots of services are available for additional charge, so the shuttle bus and bikes aren't included in the cost of your stay per night.

Thanks for your comment. We try to keep our prices as low as possible, bikes are 1,5 euro per hour and the shuttle is 1 euro per person per ride, the first ride is for free. We're glad that even though we have some additional charges you've given us a 100% and enjoyed your stay!! Thanks again.

Amazing athmosphere and amazing stay ! Thank you Luky Lake Hostel, the staff was amazing and my trip became unforgettable, I don't regret any moment !

• 12th Aug 2013

Thanks for leaving this beautiful review!

This place is great! I wanted to stay here forever once I experienced. It's about 30 minutes to get to the city center between shuttle an tram. But it's really nice to just plan to go to the city at 4:00 and chill out all day. Great atmosphere, lots of nature and the lake is a 3 minute walk. Bikes are 1.50/hour, 2 euro beers, and free breakfast. Bathrooms and showers are super clean and hot! The amenities are fantastic. Free coffee and hot tea all day! Love this place. Will go back for sure!

Sooo many compliments! We are very happy that you've enjoyed Lucky Lake. See you soon :-)

Just awesome! Charming, great stuff, very interesting crowd and for a non-smoker surprizingly nice!

definitely the coolest hostel I've ever stayed at!

We loved the place, it is true it is not in Amsterdam but just have to take the underground and the hostel's shuttle to get there. Great atmosphere, great people! It is next to a marvelous lake. Breakfast is for free and really tasty and complet, also got a kitchen for everyones use. Perfect to expend a week sorrounded by nature, fantastic people and a great city, Amsterdam!

Thank you so much for enjoying the best of both worlds, Amsterdam and Lucky Lake!

Great place! beautiful and cheerful! the ONLY downside is that if you want to go out to the city center you will need to go back at 00:30 to make it to the last shuttle. =/ I really enjoyed it Thank you! Lucky Lake!

• 7th Aug 2013
  • Israel

Last train leaves Amsterdam Central station at 1AM, you can catch the last shuttle of 1.30AM. Thanks for your comment, we're happy to hear you had a good time.

All I'm thinking is how soon can we come back? We stayed in a private caravan and it was really nice- a bit small for my 6' boyfriend but other than that, it was clean and well-kept. No funny smells and not surprisingly, there were a few bugs (you are outdoors after all!) Lucky Lake provides multiple activities such as biking, kayaking and a cinema. Take advantage of the bikes! You won't regret it.

This is a lovely review! thanks for staying with us. We hope to welcome you back soon!

I've hostel-ed an backpacked across many many cities in Europe and can say that my stay at Lucky Lake was the beat experience I've had. The owners and staff are wonderful, beautiful people and the atmosphere of Lucky Lake is magical. Thank you For the memories and you can count on me returning to Lucky Lake to share more music and see you all again soon :) -Liv

Wonderful! We are expecting to see you soon beautifl :-)

Best hostel ever! We spend 4 dais there and it was really nice. The staff is very gentle and effective. It's a very clean place. The atmospher is great to know people or even to lay down and reed a book ;-) sure will go back there!!

• 5th Aug 2013

Best hostel ever....woohoo!!! Thanks!

Super clean. Excellent staff. Impressed they even keep their public fridges super clean so date your food properly or else it ends up in the free bin. Great kitchen. Cute cabins. I stayed a total of 9 nights with my boyfriend so I think that says something good. You can always see a staff member cleaning. Even dish cloths and towels are frequently changed. Negatives are the shuttle to and from holendrect cost 1€ each ride there and back so to get to amsterdam for 2 ppl a day cost 14€.

Thank you for leaving a wonderful review.

Can I give the Atmosphere more then Excellent rating? Loved It here! Was an amazing stay! everyone was so nice. (not sure if this was because it was Amsterdam or not... haha) but I really enjoyed my time here. Would come back in a heartbeat. Thanks for everything!

Ohh lovely! Thank you for staying and maybe till next time.

I loved my stay at Lucky Lake. It was the perfect place for a break from the city centres of Europe, but still close enough to Amsterdam to be convenient. The facilities were clean and my bed was comfortable. I loved being able to rent a bike and pedal to the nearest town, or hanging out at the lake. I would recommend Lucky Lake to anyone.

Thank you for your recommendation! It was a pleasure having you. Take care!

This hostel is quite a way out of Amsterdam, so if you don't have much time and really want to see the city it's not the best place, but if you have a bit longer and want somewhere more relaxing where you can swim it's pretty nice. I didn't find it great for meeting people though, as there didn't seem to be many solo travellers. The station where they pick you up is weird - it's not sketchy at all, but it has a kind of modern dystopian feel which is really unsettling, so be prepared for that.

We're sorry to hear that the station made you feel uncomfortable. The light at the pick up spot is broken and we hope the city maintenance will fix it soon. Thnaks for your review.

This is not really an Amsterdam hostel in my opinion. Lovely place, great people, nice that they have a shuttle but you should only be staying here if you want a chill camp-like feeling. If you want to be sleeping in Amsterdam, choose a place in Amsterdam. The shuttle service is great, the people are lovely, but I just don't want people to make the same mistake I did. This place is highly recommended for anyone staying in Amsterdam for more than 2 days!

Thanks for your comment. As written clearly in the description of the hostel, we are not situated in the city of Amsterdam, thank you for pointing it out again in a review. We appreciate it as we truly want our guests to feel welcome and happy at Lucky Lake Hostel.