Lucky Lake Hostel Reviews

Vinkenkade 75, Vinkeveen, Amsterdam, Netherlands

This place is a gem. It is outside of town and awesome! It is near a lake which you can rent paddleboards or kayaks for. You can also rent bikes. There is a shuttle that runs most of the day to the nearest station. You can stay in a dorm, but I highly recommend one of the campervans if you're traveling solo or as a couple. They have a campervan converted to a movie theater. The staff are cool and super friendly. The breakfast bus is great! 10/10 would visit again.

Matresses seem tired/flat - need an upgrade.

Thanks for letting us know. We'll be checking that immediately. Safe travels!

Lucky Lake hostel was one of the best hostels I've stayed in. It's gives a chance to see the outskirts of the city while being only a short shuttle and metro away from the main city! Beds were comfy and clean. The hostel is less than a 10 minute walk away from an awesome lake. Staff is super chill and friendly. Very good experience and wonderful vibes! Thanks

• 19th Jul 2015

Wow, thank you for your positive feed back.

It's the perfect hippie hideaway with kayaking, biking, swimming, and small town charm. Even the cows are happy here! Loved the nearby town Abcoude and the people are among the most friendly in the world. I would recommend this hostel experience to anyone :)

Whoop whoop! Thanks so much!

We had the best time here! We spent afew nights staying in town then spent another 4 nights here just to change things up abit, but we honestly agree that we wished we stayed here for the entirety of our stay in amsterdam. best hostel weve stayed in by far. its a nice escape from the city when you want a break, but so easy to catch the shuttle bus then 20 minute train right into centraal station. awesome.

What an awesome compliment! Thank you for giving us 100% and we hope you'll be staying in many more great hostels during your trip.

The hostel is great. Comfy beds, clean bathrooms and good breakfast! Also the location is not central but still is really good. In my opinion is still better since we can relax at the lake very close by.

100% cool!! Thank you!

Absolutely loved staying at Lucky Lake it has everything you need with a great atmosphere, beautiful location and super friendly staff. Have already started recommending it to anyone going to Amsterdam in the future.

• 17th Jul 2015

Whoop whoop! Thanks for staying and recommending us.

Awesome Hostel!! A little bit remote from the city - but that is more than compensated by a shuttle service. For free. And if the shuttle is full they just go for a second round. It´s a really relaxed atmosphere like you might know it from camping sites... Very calm and chilled. And with a lake!! They also provide a safe, but that one doesn´t look very thrustworthy. Never felt the need to lock something away, though.

:-) Thanks for leaving this review. The safe you're talking about is actually just a locker for your bag but you're right this is a very safe place and we're happy about that :-)

This was an amazing experience to stay in such a positive environment in the comforts of a caravan. I found the atmosphere to be pleasant and the staff were always really helpful. The location was ideal for me and my friend as we wanted somewhere away from the City centre and found it relaxing as there was always a shuttle bus to pick us up from Holendrecht station. Would definetely reccomend to anyone travelling with another person

• 16th Jul 2015
  • Hong Kong

GREAT!!! Thank you for staying.

Wonderful!

• 14th Jul 2015

You're wonderful too:-)

Stayed here for three nights with my girlfriend, location at first seemed funny but journey into city centre is really easy and the shuttle is frequent and reliable! staff are exceptionally friendly and helpful! small town abcoude is only a 15 minute bike ride away which has a supermarket and a few cafes and restaurants, the bikes can be rented at a low cost! Facilities at the hostel are good, toilets and showers are clean and work well! really enjoyed our stay, really cool hostel! would return!

100% thank you! It's really nice to hear you had such a good time!

Wonderful atmosphere! Great place to spend our trip!

Awesome, thanks!

Even though it is a little out of the way, it was worth it! It has a great environment and I would enjoy even just staying at the hostel the whole time! Cute décor, comfy beds, near a lake so you can go kayaking if the weather is nice. They have a free shuttle to the metro every hour (until 01:00), which makes it really easy--the entire trip is about 30min but that's how long you might spend navigating metro and walking in other cities anyway. I would definitely come again.

Lovely clear review, thanks for leaving this. The last shuttle is at 1.30 am. Thanks again and take care!

We had a great time at the hostel, thanks!

Thank you too!

Awesome hostel. Caravams are comfy, lots of toilets and showers, fun smoke room.

Yay, glad you liked it here :-)

Great place to stay and chill out easy to get to as well with great shuttle bus service, I wil be back again

100% whoohoo!! Thanks and see you soon.

I really enjoyed my time at Lucky Lake. The staff were super friendly and the resort is super cute! The bed was comfy, bedding was clean as well as the bathrooms and shower rooms. Had nice, hot showers and the kitchen was set up well too. Free breakfast was delish! The free shuttle service was awesome for getting into town as well as getting back to the resort. It felt like I was back at summer camp, but for adults :)

:-) This makes us really happy! Thanks for staying and safe travels!

It is upscale for camping; staff was very friendly and accommodating. I am a 50 year old woman who was traveling alone and never once was concerned about my safety. The other folks were diverse in age, gender, ethnicity, outlook, etc...would return and would recommend!

Thank you for recommending us! It's wonderful to hear that you felt safe and had a good time here. We hope to welcome you back some day.

Wonderful place outside the city of Amsterdam. The place has a very laid back mentality and has a good understanding of what people are looking to do. The staff was very friendly and always helpful. If I was to travel back to Amsterdam, I would definitely recommend this place.

Wow, that's awesome! Thanks and enjoy your travels.

Lucky Lake is a the place to stay if you want something a little bit different and quirky. It's 30 mins from Amsterdam centre but the shuttle service to the metro is excellent, and its nice to be able to escape the hustle and bustle of Amsterdam to come to this paradise! Highlights were the caravan cabins, the breakfast bus and kayaking on the lake! Will be back for sure.

Oh thanks, we're happy you had a good stay!