Lucky Lake Hostel Reviews

Vinkenkade 75, Vinkeveen, Amsterdam, Netherlands

2004 Total Reviews

Best hostel I have stayed out, amazing ! No complaints

Great! Thanks for staying and many happy travels!

It was just an awesome stay at one of the most beautiful hostels I've been to. :)

• 2nd Aug 2014

We're making a little dance to celebrate the 100% you gave us! Thank you and we wish you many more great hostel stays in the future:-)

Nice staying, very nice place.

Yay!!! Thank you!

This was such a great experience to have while staying in the Netherlands. The best part was how coloful and fun everything was. The shuttle ride is perfect. The staff is cool and laid back. It's nice how they give you a map and ideas of what to do in Amsterdam. The Lake was beautiful. Just like Heavan. Thank you to everyone.

If you're looking to get a little out of Amsterdam and experience some real Dutch views (beautiful little town of Abcoude nearby), then this is the place for you. Great staff, great stay. Thank you! Toda Raba!

Had two nice days in Amsterdam. The pick-up-service from the train-station was great.

• 31st Jul 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Very nice hostel, cool athmosphere

Excellent hostel, great staff. The floor on my room was a bit dirty when I arrived. They have a shop with some basic food and drinks that is really good since you don't have to buy in the city. The only inconvenience is that is quite far from the city center, but the shuttle bus every hour to the metro station is perfect for it. Could have one or two late night shuttle bus from the city center, even if paid, would be awesome! But as I was looking for a place to relax, lucky lake was perfect ;]

Thanks for your nice feed-back. We're sorry to hear the floor in your room wasn't clean, we wish you've told us directly so we could clean it. We have a good deal with a taxi company and for €35 they will take you back to Lucky Lake from any where in the city center. We're glad you had a good stay anyway. Have a great time travelling through Europe, greetings from Lucky Lake.

Best hostel I've stayed in Europe. It's just way to relaxing, eventually you'll just want to stay there and hang out by the lake instead of going into Amsterdam. The staff make this place.

• 29th Jul 2014
  • Colombia

Awesome, thank you for appreciating Lucky Lake and the staff!

Slow wifi, else the stay was excellent

• 29th Jul 2014
  • India

Yes, our WiFi is very slow:-( Glad you've had a excellent stay!

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Lucky Lake it was extremely clean, friendly and relaxing set in a beautiful location. Would love to return.

• 28th Jul 2014

Yes! Thank you for your lovely review and we hope to welcome you back!

If you like to party this is not your hostal. If you don't, or looking for something confy and quiet, you should stay here.

Great review, thank you!

This is one of the best places I've ever stayed at. The location isn't a problem at all because the shuttle bus is frequent and reliable. The atmosphere is fantastic and so are the staff. We loved staying in one of the caravans, it's comfortable, clean and cosy. For the price, the facilities are fantastic. The lake is very close by. I couldn't recommend the place more highly.

It's so great to read this. We feel proud and happy that you've enjoyed your stay so much. Thank you!

I wish I could have stayed longer, this place was AWESOME.

• 27th Jul 2014

100% wow that's awesome!

An absolutely amazing place to go! All the staff were amazing and the facilities were fantastic! It's quite a way from the centre, but the shuttle service the staff run negates this as a problem. Would definitely return!! Thanks for everything!

• 24th Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

It's was great to have you. Thanks for leaving a review and maybe see you next time!

The only problem it would be the distance from the city, but if you have time to stay around this is not a problem. They created a system with they own shuttle that makes your life much easier to get to the hostel. The atmosphere and the Staff are amazing and every thing is clean and you have good facilities to enjoy your stay. I had a great time there!

Thanks for your lovely feed-back!

too much spider nets everywhere

This hostel was a good place to stay if you want a feel for luxury camping. The staff is all very nice and spoke really good english. The lake was close to the hostel and it was really nice and clean. The shuttle they offer was also great, just make sure to book it at least a few hours ahead of when you want it. The wi-fi was very spotty, it worked decently well in few spots, such as by the reception and bathrooms. Everything was clean and seemed to be well kept.

• 23rd Jul 2014

Thank you! Greetings from all of us at Lucky Lake.

I loved everything about Lucky Lake. Everything was really bright and colorful. You sleep in caravans and have breakfast in a big yellow bus.. what's not to like? It's a few stops away from Centraal Station and their shuttle service is efficient in my opinion. Their staff are unbelievably friendly and add to the good vibes! You can play foosball, table-tennis and they also have a lake nearby which is about a 5 minute walk. Wonderful place to stay if you ever visit Amsterdam.

Wow! Lovely review thank you

Combined a stay in Amsterdam city with 2 nights @ Lucky Lake for my birthday last week. Excellent place to kick back, unwind and relax..just what I wanted..caravan was compact but perfect for just me, staff were great, food and drinks onsite very reasonably priced and kitchen clean and well facilitated. Can't wait to come stay again!

• 22nd Jul 2014

Yay! Thank you and see you soon!