Lucky Lake Hostel Reviews

Vinkenkade 75, Vinkeveen, Amsterdam, Netherlands

2006 Total Reviews

I loved everything about Lucky Lake. Everything was really bright and colorful. You sleep in caravans and have breakfast in a big yellow bus.. what's not to like? It's a few stops away from Centraal Station and their shuttle service is efficient in my opinion. Their staff are unbelievably friendly and add to the good vibes! You can play foosball, table-tennis and they also have a lake nearby which is about a 5 minute walk. Wonderful place to stay if you ever visit Amsterdam.

Wow! Lovely review thank you

Combined a stay in Amsterdam city with 2 nights @ Lucky Lake for my birthday last week. Excellent place to kick back, unwind and relax..just what I wanted..caravan was compact but perfect for just me, staff were great, food and drinks onsite very reasonably priced and kitchen clean and well facilitated. Can't wait to come stay again!

• 22nd Jul 2014

Yay! Thank you and see you soon!

The lucky lake Hostel is a little part of Heaven.

• 21st Jul 2014

So cute! Thank you for enjoying Lucky Lake Hostel.

wifi and internet not great. everything else was awesome!

Thanks for the feed-back! We're glad you had an awesome stay.

Amazing deco, atmosphere and staff. Lovely lake only 5 min away. Very organised but really far away from the center. They have a shuttle though.

Thanks for your good feed-back! We aren't located in the city so you need to calculate some extra time and money for transportation into the city. We have a good working shuttle bus system to make life easier for you. If you like to kick back after a day in busy Amsterdam you might like it here at the Lake:-) If you're coming to Amsterdam for the night life, we might not be the best place for you stay.

The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful! (Especially Vivian!) The atmosphere was great and everything was nice and clean. Free breakfast was delicious!

Great review, thanks! We're happy you've enjoyed all our facilities.

Probably the best hostel we've stayed so far! :)

• 18th Jul 2014

Wow, thank you.

Even though it is farther away from the city than most hostels, the shuttle service from the hostel to the metro and vice versa runs hourly so it is not a problem. There is also a lake walking distance to the hostel (hence the name) which was beautiful. The staff is extremely friendly and were always available to answer any questions. While the facilities (bathrooms, showers) are outside, they were kept extremely clean. Would without a doubt stay here again if ever back in Amsterdam.

Thank you for enjoying Lucky Lake Hostel:-)

Great vibe and atmosphere! The beds were clean and comfortable, the breakfast bus was awesome, and the staff were great! Only downside is that the metro stops running just after midnight so if you want to stay out in the city late this might not be the best place. But I felt like the atmosphere and price of Lucky Lake made up for it! I would definitely stay here again!

• 16th Jul 2014

Wow ! Thanks for the feed back, it's true if you're coming to Amsterdam to party we might not be the best place for you stay. The last shuttle from Amsterdam Holendrecht back to the hostel is at 1.30 am. We're glad you had a great stay and wish you many happy travels!

Great place away from the city noise and just near as well. We loved it: simple, calm, beautiful and cool!

• 16th Jul 2014

Merci!! 100% that's great! Thanks for staying.

This is a pretty nice hostel which is only a short train ride away from Amsterdam Central. I would say that this hostel is more suited to groups of 2 , although it is still enjoyable for the solo traveller.

Thanks for your feed-back. Safe travels!

Really nice place. Cutest hostel I have ever been to! Everything was excellent, only two major flaws are the reception and kitchen hours. Reception works from 9am-11pm, pretty much closed whenever I was there. They turn the gas off at 11pm so it is impossible to cook, very inconvenient for a hostel! A 24 hour reception and kitchen would make this place perfect.

Thanks for your lovely feed-back. From 7am there is someone working in the breakfast bus and the night driver works till 2am so most of the time there is staff around to help you with anything you might need. At check in we explain that we turn off the gas in the kitchen at 11pm so that you are aware of this, the oven and kettle are working 24/7. Thank you for staying and safe travels!

Cannot recommend lucky lake highly enough to anyone. I will definitely be returning.

• 14th Jul 2014

Awesome! Thanks and we're looking forward to welcoming you back!

This place is incredible. It's way more spacious and comfy than a normal hostel so plenty of people just hang out there, chat and enjoy the hostel and the lake. It takes about 40 minutes to get to central Amsterdam from here, but the hostel is set up very well to get you there. Your biggest concern if you want to stay out late is that the last train is around 1. The staff here is absolutely amazing. They are great people that have fun at their jobs and will truly go out of their way to help.

WOW! Love your review. It's so nice to hear you've enjoyed your stay and appreciate our staff. Thank you.

Great staff, good for relax near the lake. You also can go to the city by transfer very easy.

Great hostel - feels like a summer camp and it's awesome. Very nice staff who are super helpful. One downside is that it's a few minutes outside of Amsterdam and so you have to take a shuttle to go to the city - but it's really not a big deal.

Great review, thank you!

This place had character! and lots of it. I'll forever remember the friendly shuttle drivers that took you from the metro station to the hostel, the funny Spanish girls on the staff, the non-THC homemade muffins for 50 cents, the weird "Duck Safety Enforcer" painting on reception and getting lost just out of Amsterdam while trying to bike to the hostel and having to ask locals the directions. Oh, and I think there was free olive oil in the kitchen. The place was not so convinient but very cool.

Lucky Lake is by far the best Hostel i've stayed in!! The staff is nice and the facilities are super comfortable.

• 9th Jul 2014
  • Mexico

We're sooo happy to read this! Happy travels

Enjoyed staying at Lucky Lake Hostel.... The Hostel shuttle runs constantly (2 min to train - 17 min into city). The facilities were kept very clean, staff always helpful, breakfast was yummmmmy every morning and the bed was comfy! We had the avaliability of a movie room, lounge, wi fi, lake close by and outdoor equipment ..... We took bikes to the local village for a drink and lunch which was nice. Thumbs up and I would stay again. Thanks guys for a great start to a wonderful Holliday.

Wow! Great, we're glad you've enjoyed your stay. The shuttle takes about 10 minutes from the hostel to Amsterdam Holendrecht station, not 2 minutes, unless one of our staff drives way too fast hahahaha! And the metro into the city is 17 minutes. Thanks again and safe travels!

My experience at Lucky Lake was a very positive one, but one aspect I hope to see improved is the wifi connectivity. Despite the fact that there were three wifi lines, I found that signals were weak no matter where I was, even in the main lounge. Other than that, my two night stay there was absolutely wonderful. The caravans were adorable and I really enjoyed the breakfast!

• 8th Jul 2014

Thanks for your great feed-back. Yes, our WiFi is bad, it works best at reception and we also have a computer there which you can use. We would love to have a better WiFi connection but it's not that easy to get around here. Thanks for staying and happy and safe travels!