Lucky Lake Hostel Reviews

Vinkenkade 75, Vinkeveen, Amsterdam, Netherlands

best hostel ever stayed. staff and people are super friendly and helpful. caravan and washrooms are clean enough, as clean as those in hotel, which is out of my expectation. great atmosphere. nice breakfast and good kitchen. playful facilities and activities. despite the location, it is not inconvenient to reach the centre. on the contrary,if you expect something alternative to typical travel experience in Amsterdam and prefer outdoor activities, choose lucky lake.

Wow 100%! Thanks!

One of the most fun and laid back hostels I've seen! We have been in cities for the past 3 weeks and needed a change of scenery. Lucky Lake was perfect! It's on a lake where tons of locals go to swim and relax. Great facilities. Check it out.

Thanks for promoting us :-)

Although it is a bit out of the city, it is great! The perfect place to relax and unwind after a busy day in the city.

• 31st Jul 2013

Good to hear that you could relax here! Thanks for visiting us!

Fantastic place to go chill out at!! Absolutely loved it, could not recommend it more! So nice to get a break from the city!

Wonderful! Thanks for your review

Lucky lake is one the best places to stay in Vinkeveen, and this was my second time. the lake is beautiful and you get to meet a lot of young people with great spirit. will definitely go back.

This is an incredible hostel! The friendliness of the staff, facilities, full kitchen for cooking made it relaxing, fun and a great home away from home. Will be coming back in the future. Thank you lucky lake for a great few days and hospitality!!

You're welcome! Really great that you felt right at home. That's what makes us happy.

It was a brilliant time at lucky lake! Chilled atmosphere and so many friendly people with an awesome lounge to meet them in!

• 28th Jul 2013

We are so happy that you've enjoyed your stay! Thanks for the 100%

Obviously, the location is not in the centre of the city, but it is a short bus/tram then metro out to where the shuttle bus picks you up. Keep in mind that after your 1st journey, all others are 1Euro. For us (early Aug '13) the bus came every quarter past the hour (sometimes more). I recommend some mosquito protection because - as the name suggests - you're right by a lake. Kitchen was pretty good. Lake's good to swim in. Very friendly place and staff were great. Would really recommend!

Best hostel I've ever stayed in!!! Perfect down to the last detail! Cozy atmosphere, nice staff, really clean and new facilities, everything you'd expect! Even the distance is easily overcome by transfer and direct metro to the city's center! I'll definitively stay there again!

Wow! We're very content with your review, thank you!

I LOVE this place. When the shuttle pulled up, I was more than a little apprehensive, but after getting settled in, this tiny community remains one of my favorite hostels from our eurocation. Prepare for unconventional, and make sure you don't want to leave the hostel outside the 8a-1a window (so you don't have to get a taxi). Utilize the shuttle to get to town for sure. If you do that, you'll love your stay here!

This place has been a fantastic stay! as a matter of fact, if we could turn back in time, we would have booked the whole vacation there. Very relaxed, friendly, colorful and fun place. The owner is an awesome lady. Both of us will definitely come back.

It'sa little bit far from the city. But if you need a place to relax after the parties in a heavy weekend, this is a good place.

:-) If you are coming to Amsterdam to party, we might not be the best accommodation, located outside of the city. If you are coming to see the city and relax....Come and stay with us!

Loved it! Just wish it was closer to the centre!!

You love Lucky Lake, that's awesome. Thanks for staying!

I booked this place to stay for a group of us to begin our inter-rail trip through Europe. We had a great time and would have loved to have stayed longer. The surrounding area was beautiful and relaxed. Getting in and out of Amsterdam city was easy. Hope to return some day!

• 18th Jul 2013

Lovely review. We hope to welcome you back. Greetings from all of us at Lucky Lake

THE most amazing place ive ever been to. I will come back in the future for sure! The atmosphere and the people there were awesome, loved the rooms and the whole look of the place! Staff was amazing and more helpful than i bet in any other hostels. Thank you for even picking me up when i got lost!! :DD I recommend this place for everyone!

What an amazing place! It may be a little further out from town, but it's so worth it. The staff are absolutely amazing, cool people, and will help you out with anything while also showing you a great time. Highly recommended!

Thank you! We put the painting you all made in reception :-) Hope to welcome you back again some day. Love from all of us.

Where to begin?! Lucky Lake is incredible. We stayed in one of the cabins which was small but fit our needs perfectly. It was adorable! The location was a little away from the city but that was perfect. It allowed us to experience the countryside of the Netherlands while still going into the city easily on the train. The entire atmosphere was so laid back and perfect. Everyone is so chill! The cabin, showers, and bathrooms were always clean. Definitely worth the money!

We are so happy to hear you had a great stay! Thank you for giving us 100%!

The location is a short ride from the city center, BUT it is totally worth it! Being in the city center all day, feeling the vibe and atmosphere of the young, fun, and chaotic scene is awesome, but being able to come out and experience the country-side is amazing! The lake is unbelievable, the hostel is super chill, the people are awesome, the breakfast is awesome...all around, this hostel is AWESOME. I've been telling everyone I meet who plans to visit Amsterdam to stay here...

You are AWESOME! Thanks for promoting us, it's very much appreciated.

This is a little hidden treasure close to a town called Abcoude 30 minutes away from central Amsterdam on public transport. In spite of not such ideal location, the organized shuttle schedule made it very easy for us to go back and forth to central Amsterdam almost everyday. The hostel was super clean although all the facilities were shared. The staff is very competent and does an impressive job of running such nice hostel.

• 14th Jul 2013

You just made us do a little dance :-)

Hallo I'm Lena, I was with Jesús in Lucky Lake the Weekend 12. - 14. July. It was all so good, the Staff, the place... The atmosphere of your place is perfect balance! We love it, all! We have one question. We have a lot of friends and we would like to do a trip to Lucky Lacke all together, to practice "Dapo" in your little paradise. I would like to know, if we have some discount when we are about 20 people. When would be better to come and have a convinient price and not die of cold?

• 12th Jul 2013
  • Spain

Hahahaha! Lena we are sooo happy that you and Jesus had an awesome time! We would love to welcome you back so you can make a video of the Dapo with your friends. I'll send you an email. Greetings from all of us!