Lucky Lake Hostel Reviews

Vinkenkade 75, Vinkeveen, Amsterdam, Netherlands

1984 Total Reviews

Great place away from the city noise and just near as well. We loved it: simple, calm, beautiful and cool!

• 16th Jul 2014

Merci!! 100% that's great! Thanks for staying.

This is a pretty nice hostel which is only a short train ride away from Amsterdam Central. I would say that this hostel is more suited to groups of 2 , although it is still enjoyable for the solo traveller.

Thanks for your feed-back. Safe travels!

Really nice place. Cutest hostel I have ever been to! Everything was excellent, only two major flaws are the reception and kitchen hours. Reception works from 9am-11pm, pretty much closed whenever I was there. They turn the gas off at 11pm so it is impossible to cook, very inconvenient for a hostel! A 24 hour reception and kitchen would make this place perfect.

Thanks for your lovely feed-back. From 7am there is someone working in the breakfast bus and the night driver works till 2am so most of the time there is staff around to help you with anything you might need. At check in we explain that we turn off the gas in the kitchen at 11pm so that you are aware of this, the oven and kettle are working 24/7. Thank you for staying and safe travels!

Cannot recommend lucky lake highly enough to anyone. I will definitely be returning.

• 14th Jul 2014

Awesome! Thanks and we're looking forward to welcoming you back!

This place is incredible. It's way more spacious and comfy than a normal hostel so plenty of people just hang out there, chat and enjoy the hostel and the lake. It takes about 40 minutes to get to central Amsterdam from here, but the hostel is set up very well to get you there. Your biggest concern if you want to stay out late is that the last train is around 1. The staff here is absolutely amazing. They are great people that have fun at their jobs and will truly go out of their way to help.

WOW! Love your review. It's so nice to hear you've enjoyed your stay and appreciate our staff. Thank you.

Great staff, good for relax near the lake. You also can go to the city by transfer very easy.

Great hostel - feels like a summer camp and it's awesome. Very nice staff who are super helpful. One downside is that it's a few minutes outside of Amsterdam and so you have to take a shuttle to go to the city - but it's really not a big deal.

Great review, thank you!

Lucky Lake is by far the best Hostel i've stayed in!! The staff is nice and the facilities are super comfortable.

• 9th Jul 2014
  • Mexico

We're sooo happy to read this! Happy travels

Enjoyed staying at Lucky Lake Hostel.... The Hostel shuttle runs constantly (2 min to train - 17 min into city). The facilities were kept very clean, staff always helpful, breakfast was yummmmmy every morning and the bed was comfy! We had the avaliability of a movie room, lounge, wi fi, lake close by and outdoor equipment ..... We took bikes to the local village for a drink and lunch which was nice. Thumbs up and I would stay again. Thanks guys for a great start to a wonderful Holliday.

• 8th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

Wow! Great, we're glad you've enjoyed your stay. The shuttle takes about 10 minutes from the hostel to Amsterdam Holendrecht station, not 2 minutes, unless one of our staff drives way too fast hahahaha! And the metro into the city is 17 minutes. Thanks again and safe travels!

My experience at Lucky Lake was a very positive one, but one aspect I hope to see improved is the wifi connectivity. Despite the fact that there were three wifi lines, I found that signals were weak no matter where I was, even in the main lounge. Other than that, my two night stay there was absolutely wonderful. The caravans were adorable and I really enjoyed the breakfast!

• 8th Jul 2014

Thanks for your great feed-back. Yes, our WiFi is bad, it works best at reception and we also have a computer there which you can use. We would love to have a better WiFi connection but it's not that easy to get around here. Thanks for staying and happy and safe travels!

Really enjoyed my stay here! Will definitely be coming back soon. The lake is gorgeous, me and my friends had an amazing time at lucky lake

• 7th Jul 2014

Looking forward to welcoming you back! Thank you for the review X

If you wanna make good friends and have a great time, go to Lucky Lake! The place is absolutely wonderful.

Ooohh beautiful! Thank you so much!!

Great staff. Cool location. Good vibes. Great place to explore Amsterdam and then return to a very nice, relaxing location. Cool breakfast in old bus with all the pancakes, eggs, toast and cereal you want. Internet is spoty but it adds to the beauty of being able to relax. Take the bikes to the little city nearby. Very fun to ride in the neighborhoods. Swim in the lake as well. If you want to chill out with cool people at the end of the day this is the place to be. Collin is the coolest guy!! ;)

• 6th Jul 2014

Thanks for turning the fact that we have lousy WiFi into something positive:-) 100% that's awesome, thank you again for enjoying Lucky Lake, the staff and the surroundings! Love it!!

Ahhhhh what a warm and wonderful beautiful place! Sure, it's not in the city center but that was a choice I made and I am glad that I made it because so far out of all the traveling I have done, this has been my FAVORITE hostel! Its very easy to meet and connect with other amazing like minded individuals. It's a perfect atmosphere to start off your day in a peaceful kind of way and then after venture out into the city! Oh and the Icing on the cake was the lovely staff! Shout out to Brooke

• 5th Jul 2014

Beautiful review, thanks guys. We completely agree with you, our staff is absolutely the BEST!

very cool place, great atmosphere!

• 4th Jul 2014

This is one of the most amazing places I have stayed. The atmosphere made me feel welcomed and at home. The staff are all very lovely and are always around if you need some help. I will be coming back for sure :) :)

• 3rd Jul 2014

What a lovely review! Thanks and see you next time:-)

I had a great time at this hostel. Lots of lovely spots to hang out and relax after long days of sightseeing.

We're glad to hear you've enjoyed the hostel and Amsterdam! Thanks for staying with us.

LOVED our stay here!!! Yes, it's out of the way but absolutely worth it!!!! The place is so cute and the cabin we stayed in was super clean and storybook cute. The staff is awesome, they encourage you to take extra breakfast for lunch and we even didn't have to pay for one of the people in our group because they had overbooked the cabin, but they made him a great mattress on the floor and we definitely didn't mind. We've been recommending this place to everyone we meet,one of our favorite stops

Whoop whoop! Thanks guys! We hope to welcome you back again some time.

we loved everything!! keep up the good work :)

Oohh! Thank you!!

LOVED LUCKY LAKE! Easily the best hostel we've stayed in. However, if you are looking for somewhere in the heart of Amsterdam this is not it. But they do have a shuttle that'll drop you off at the metro every hour, so it's super easy and cheap to get there. Lake is close by and this adorable picturesque Dutch town is so close, they rent you bikes to bike there and I loved it. Atmosphere was amazing. Free Breakfast was great, best I've had at a hostel! Beds are super comfy too! Wifi was spotty.

• 1st Jul 2014

Hi! Glad you liked it, thank you for staying and leaving a review.