Lucky Lake Hostel Reviews

Vinkenkade 75, Vinkeveen, Amsterdam, Netherlands

1957 Total Reviews

Ahhhhh what a warm and wonderful beautiful place! Sure, it's not in the city center but that was a choice I made and I am glad that I made it because so far out of all the traveling I have done, this has been my FAVORITE hostel! Its very easy to meet and connect with other amazing like minded individuals. It's a perfect atmosphere to start off your day in a peaceful kind of way and then after venture out into the city! Oh and the Icing on the cake was the lovely staff! Shout out to Brooke

• 5th Jul 2014

Beautiful review, thanks guys. We completely agree with you, our staff is absolutely the BEST!

very cool place, great atmosphere!

• 4th Jul 2014

This is one of the most amazing places I have stayed. The atmosphere made me feel welcomed and at home. The staff are all very lovely and are always around if you need some help. I will be coming back for sure :) :)

• 3rd Jul 2014

What a lovely review! Thanks and see you next time:-)

I had a great time at this hostel. Lots of lovely spots to hang out and relax after long days of sightseeing.

We're glad to hear you've enjoyed the hostel and Amsterdam! Thanks for staying with us.

LOVED our stay here!!! Yes, it's out of the way but absolutely worth it!!!! The place is so cute and the cabin we stayed in was super clean and storybook cute. The staff is awesome, they encourage you to take extra breakfast for lunch and we even didn't have to pay for one of the people in our group because they had overbooked the cabin, but they made him a great mattress on the floor and we definitely didn't mind. We've been recommending this place to everyone we meet,one of our favorite stops

Whoop whoop! Thanks guys! We hope to welcome you back again some time.

we loved everything!! keep up the good work :)

Oohh! Thank you!!

LOVED LUCKY LAKE! Easily the best hostel we've stayed in. However, if you are looking for somewhere in the heart of Amsterdam this is not it. But they do have a shuttle that'll drop you off at the metro every hour, so it's super easy and cheap to get there. Lake is close by and this adorable picturesque Dutch town is so close, they rent you bikes to bike there and I loved it. Atmosphere was amazing. Free Breakfast was great, best I've had at a hostel! Beds are super comfy too! Wifi was spotty.

• 1st Jul 2014

Hi! Glad you liked it, thank you for staying and leaving a review.

Very cute place to stay outside the din of the city.

The staff were the friendliest, loveliest people ever and the atmosphere was wonderful. We had no problems whatsoever and it was just overall a wonderful trip. Would thouroughly recommend to anyone.

• 29th Jun 2014

This is sooo nice to read, thank you!

The hostel stuff were great, offered free maps. A little bit out of the centre but still fairly easy to get to with the shuttle bus system. The room and facilities were great, comfiest bed we stayed in all month! lovely chilled out atmosphere 10/10 would recommend!

Lucky Lake Hostel is very organized, but a little far from the centre. The staff are polite and helpful.

Thanks for your feed back. If you're looking for a hostel in the city, we are not your best pick, being located outside of the city center. You need to plan your day a bit more in comparison to staying at a hostel in the city. We have a good working shuttle bus system however if you're coming to Amsterdam to party, staying in the city might be a better choice. On the other hand we have lots of extra's to offer like great staff and a lake:-) Thanks for staying and happy travels.

One word – perfect!

• 25th Jun 2014
  • Czech Republic

Hahhahhahahaha beautiful! Thanks for staying and hope to welcome you back some day.

Perfect relaxation! But have to improve wifi connection though.

Hahahahaha! Thanks, yes our WiFi is terrible! Glad you've relaxed to the max!!

One of the coolest hostels I've stayed in, felt just like you were camping in an RV park, and the staff, breakfast, ping pong, hammocks and lake were excellent. Bathrooms were clean and showers awesome. Shuttle was easy to find, only downside to this hostel is it takes a while to get to downtown Amsterdam and you have to pay €1 for the shuttle plus pay for the metro. Regardless, I would highly recommend!

Lucky Lake, though a bit out of Amsterdam, was a great place to stay! One morning we didn't even go into town and just decided to take a short walk to the lake for a swim. The staff was wonderful and so helpful! The amenities were clean and I never once felt unsafe, unclean, or unhappy about my choice to stay there!

What a great review! Thank you. It's so nice to hear that you've enjoyed the hostel and the beautiful surroundings. Happy travels.

Amazing place!! Great staff that really cares about the place and about their guests. They keep the place clean in every spot. If you want to visit the city of Amsterdam, but also likes to escape from it again to just relax. In this hostel you can lie in the hammock, sunbade by the lake, rent a bike or simply take a walk in the beautiful nature. -I am a non smoker and there is plenty of room for us as well as there is for the smoking people:0)

• Denmark

Very nice review, thank you!!

great place to stay ! even for a lady my age (48). my daughter, went to a concert at Amsterdam Arena, while I visited Amsterdam and went to cinema. thanks to the shuttle service of Lucky Lake Hostel (safe drivers :-) ) Amsterdam city and the concert hall were very easy to get to. And we were very happy to go back to the quiet and cosy hostel in the evening. A mother/daughter experience we will never forget. The many different nationalities were a plus for sure 😉

• Belgium

What a great review! It's giving me goosebumps, we're very happy you felt welcome here and had an unforgettable mother/daughter experience. Thanks for staying and maybe till next time.

Great place. Love the caravans! Only think we found was being a metro rude out if Amsterdam meant you had it get theist metro around 12 to her back, which is pretty early if you want to explore or enjoy the night life of Dam. Hostel puts on a great shuffle service though. Overall a lovely quirky place to stay!!

• 22nd Jun 2014

Thanks for your great review, we happy to hear you had a good time! The last metro is at midnight and the last train from central station leaves at 1am. The last shuttle back to the hostel is at 1.30am If you're coming for Amsterdams nightlife and partying, we might not be the best place to stay for you.

Lucky Lake is by far the coolest hostel in Amsterdam! The staff are so incredibly friendly and helpful it was quite refreshing. They have decked out the hostel in pastel colours and cool decorations it was very pretty to look at. The smoking room was pretty awesome, super chilled. I didn't want to leave!

Your review makes us blush, smile, happy, dance, proud and so much more! Thank you!

My favorite European hostel!

YES! That is awesome!! Thank you very much and safe travels