Lucky Lake Hostel Reviews

Vinkenkade 75, Vinkeveen, Amsterdam, Netherlands

All of my friends and I from Texas had an amazing couple of nights in Amsterdam at Lucky Lake! Everyone working there was EXTREMELY pleasant and so much fun to be around! The atmosphere and experience probably cant be beat! We LOVE Lucky Lake! We will all definitely stay again if we return to Amsterdam.

• 18th Jun 2015

COOL! Thanks and we hope to see you back some day!!

we loved lucky lake. the caravans were so cute and the lake was awesome. how ever be prepared for a little bit of a commute to they city center. their shuttle makes it very easy though. I would stay here again. it was beautiful and you see a part of Amsterdam that you wouldn't if you stayed in the city center and they have cheap bikes for rent so you can ride around and explore.

So sweet! Thanks!

AWESOME! The hostel is great. They have plenty of different mini-vans or cabins which the rooms and different facilities are in. They have a smoking lounge, non-smoking lounge, a CINEMA which you can rent out, bikes, a mini-grocery, a breakfast bus. There's an awesome typical Dutch village nearby as well as a lake, and a small beach to cool down. The only problem would be the distance to the city, but they offer a free shuttle bus service from Holendrecht every 30 minutes or so.

Yay! Glad you liked our hostel, thanks for staying!

Absolutely faultless. Lucky Lake is a wonderful place. Would definitely stay there again.

• 16th Jun 2015

O my 100% thank you!

It is a cool hostel but it need to take long time to arrive and leave the hostel. Sometime the booking of shuttle bus was full and need to wait for the next slot. Really bad you need to walk a distance between shower and the room when it was raining.

All our rooms have shared bathroom facilities accept for the 6 bed dorm en suite. At check in we explain that you need to reserve a seat for the shuttle in advance to avoid dissappointment, we do our best to drive as often as possible so every guests can go into the city at the time they prefer. Thanks for leaving your honest opinion! Happy travels.

Nice clean environment, and we enjoyed leisurely breakfasts. The shuttle bus to and from the metro was always punctual.

• 15th Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

Thanks for leaving us a review.

Fantastic hostel! Nice and relaxing atmosphere and environment. The lake is beautiful! Staff were fantastic, very friendly and helpful!

Great review! Thanks

I absolutely loved my stay at Lucky Lake and would recommend the hostel to anyone heading to Amsterdam. I had originally booked only to nights but the staff managed to shuffle around the rooms and allowed me to stay for eight! The accommodation was very cute, super clean and had everything a traveller would need. The free breakfast in the morning was perfect and was very well utilised. The free shuttle meant the distance from the city was not a problem! Planning my next stay already!!

• 14th Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

Yay that's great! See you soon then:-)

Awesome hostel outside of Amsterdam such a great place to stay highly recommend it.

• 13th Jun 2015

Wow! Thanks for recommending us!

What a wonderful place! this is the best hostel I've ever stayed in. the private double bed cabin was absolutely lovely, clean and good value for money. It was amazing how it had everything one might need (bed, table and chairs, mirror, shelf and 3 lamps! :) I liked the laminate floor which looked new. There was even a heater in the room which worked magic in the evening. The breakfast bus was just the best, very good peanut butter btw! I loved the hammocks and the bean bags in the sun :)

Thanks for your positive review, awesome!

I loved just about everything about the hostel! Easy access from the city, the hostel is really cool looking, the breakfast is great AND it's really clean! The only thing was the staff. They weren't always very helpful... I felt ignored at the reception. I kept in mind the hostel had a really chill vibe but I couldnt help but feel some of the staff was really unprofessional or just totally inappropriate.

• 10th Jun 2015

We're shocked to hear that you felt ignored by our staff. Of course that made you feel uncomfortable and it shouldn't have happened. Please accept our apologies. We're glad to hear that in spite of this you did like the hostel. Thanks for leaving a comment and safe travels.

Lucky Lake made our first trip to Amsterdam a delight! Amazing people and loved the atmosphere. Despite concerns about the location, we found that we enjoyed being able to remove ourselves from the liveliness of the centre and relax on the hammocks! The hostel is wonderfully quirky, with funky caravans and a beautiful smoking lounge. We were also extremely happy that we were able to cook and the included breakfast was a real bonus. The staff were always very helpful. We'll be recommending/back

• 10th Jun 2015

Lovely, thank you!

loved this place, a really cool little retreat with great vibes and nice people. staff were very helpful especially regarding the hourly shuttle bus service to the train station which made getting to and from the city extremely easy. loved having our own little cabin, well equipped kitchen and a nice free breakfast. one of a kind, unique experience.

Thanks for your sweet words!

I can't recommend Lucky Lake enough. Of the 4 different hostels my friends and I stayed in during our trip over the last 2 weeks, Lucky Lake was by far the most enjoyable, and without a shadow of a doubt the best value for money. The atmosphere was immeasurably friendly and relaxed, the staff were unbelievably pleasant to deal with, and the location was perfect. Only 30 mins and 2 Euro from the city. To those thinking of staying here, do! To the staff at the hostel, thank you!

Wow! 100% that's awesome. Thanks for recommending us and leaving this great review. The metro ticket costs 2,90 for a one way into the city so please calculate 5,80 per person per day for transport if you're looking into staying with us.

Great place to stay ! I will return next year for sure !

Awesome! Thanks and see you next time!

Excellent facility. Really appreciated the free shuttle service. The staff was helpful and friendly. Wifi could be better though...but overall a good experience. Would definitely recommend.

Thanks for recommending us!

Beautifully furnished hostel in a lovely location near a lake. I would recommend this place for people who want to have a relaxing time away from the city. It was super clean and the breakfast was great! If you're a solo traveller and looking to meet people and mingle it's not the most social hostel as there are no activies planned. It would be a great location for a group of friends.

Thanks for your nice review. At the moment we don't have any activities planned however we're working on a bike tour. Keep an eye on our website for more info about this :-) Thanks for staying!

Lovely stay at lucky lake. I would recommend it to anyone of any age. We will be back :)

Thanks for the recommendation! We hope to welcome you back one day.

The hostel is a ten minute car ride from the nearest metro station then a twenty minute ride into the city center, which becomes a hassle, but is manageable.

Loved the staff, beyond what you expect same goes for the facilities. Food drinks and snacks available. Nice cooking area, breakfast included was lovely. Free maps and information. The shuttle bus was amazing and free they picked you up from the station whenever and took you there whenever within reason. Would highly recommend if you don't mind travelling to the centre everyday or just looking to chill at the site !!

Yay! Reading this makes us very happy. We're glad you've enjoyed your stay, thanks.