Lucky Lake Hostel Reviews

Vinkenkade 75, Vinkeveen, Amsterdam, Netherlands

1935 Total Reviews

This is an amazing place, I went to chill out and almost immediately I felt relaxed and in holiday mode! Staff really friendly, nothing too much trouble! The site has a great location near the lake and only 15 mins to city by Metro. Bike hire, great fun to visit nearby typically Dutch villages. I would definitely stay again.

• 31st May 2014

Thank you so much. We hope to welcome you again, maybe with your daughters next time :-)

Phenomenal hostel, everyone is great and the facilities are great! Free breakfast every morning was a huge plus. Only downside is that it is far from the city center, but it isn't too hard to get to since they shuttle you to the closest tube station. Definitely recommend!

Great review! Thanks for staying.

Lucky Lake is a fantastic place. Before we had even left we were planning on when we could visit again. We stayed for 3 nights as part of a holiday around Europe. We had planned on going to explore amsterdam every day but found that we ended up not being able to drag ourselves away from the beautiful surroundings of the lake. A perfect place to relax and unwind.

• 30th May 2014
  • Wales

Just perfect! Thanks guys, see you soon!

only one Word.... A MAAAZZZ ING

WE TOTALLY LOVED THE HOSTAL, AND WE FULLY RECOMMEND IT. THANKS A LOT!

• 29th May 2014

That's great! Thank you too!

Just brilliant! Especially the shuttle-service to the metro to get to Amsterdam :-)

• 28th May 2014

100% that's awesome! Thank you

Me and my girlfriend stayed at Lucky Lake for 3 nights and it was awesome. We both absolutely loved it and will be going back over the summer as we've decided to spend more time in the Netherlands. The hostel itself is just ace - such a nice setting and atmosphere. It takes about 45 minutes to get in to the centre of Amsterdam so if you're looking to be in the thick of things the whole time, this might not be ideal, but we loved the fact that we could go and chill out by the lake instead.

Just lovely! You are very right, if you want to party and stay out till late, we might not be the best place to stay. Thanks for your review and see you soon!

All time favorite hostel experience. We recommend this place to everyone we meet on our travels. The hostel staff are awesome and friendly people from all over the world (with great music taste). The free breakfast really goes above and beyond, serving the usual along with eggs or pancakes. The outdoor kitchen is well equipped and the smoking room is comfy with good vibes. The whole colorful caravan theme is genius and perfect for a visit to Amsterdam.I would not miss the chance to stay at LL!

Wow what an amazing stay I had! I will be sure to bring my friends here in the near future, couldn't have asked for a nicer bunch of people really. Wonderful location by the lake too! I wish I had stayed longer.

WoopWoop 100% Thanks and we hope to welcome you back with your friends next time. Take care!

The greatest stay I've had at a hostel. We stayed in a private room so it really didn't feel like a hostel at all. The man we accidentally disrupted when we arrived at around 1 in the morning was incredibly helpful and so nice. All of the staff is fantastic. This hostel has an amazing atmosphere and made our Amsterdam experience. It's location is out of the city but so easy to get there with the shuttle and metro. It's a perfect, quiet contrast to the busy city. It was perfect.

• 27th May 2014

Oohh thank you.

Great out of the way place. Great views. Awesome lake within walking distance. As mentioned In Their description it is a ways from the city center so you must rely on their shuttle to get to and from the train station that takes you to the city center, but they run frequently. Staff was great, Informative and super accommodating. Super clean showers and plenty of hot water. Negatives were the wifi could have been better and one mattress was made out of bed cushions, but was comfortable.

Thanks for your feed back. Our WiFi could definitely be better, it's very slow. It works best in reception. We also have a computer there with a faster connection so if you really need to go online feel free to use it. We made an extra bed for you and that's why it was made of cushions, glad it was comfortable any way:-) We're glad you had a good stay! Safe travels and greetings from all of us.

Definitely best hostel in the world. My girlfriend and I had awesome time here!!! Very clean, friendly and helpful staff. Nice location. We will come back for sure. Big push to everyone!!! Thank you so much for everything.

Ooh yeah! What a great review. Thanks so much and see you next time!

Absolutely loved staying here! So so so well done, the set up is amazing. Looks like a mini low budget paradise. Staff are very friendly and accomodating, the shuttle service is frequent and fantastic, decent selection in the mini store, free breakfast, short bikeride to the nearest town and bike rentals are cheap. The common areas are also fantastic, bathrooms are clean, kitchen is well stocked and easy to use. Love Lucky Lake.

What a beautiful review. Thank you for loving Lucky Lake!

Brilliant place: at first I was worried it would be too far out but the Dutch public transport is so good it's not a problem. Very relaxed, the local lake has swimming areas. A nice diverse group of people staying. comfortable beds, and the 6 bed dorm I stayed in was really light and spacious. Really excellent.

Excellent review:-) Thanks a lot we're very happy you had a good stay!

The location is amazing, good vibe, is perfect if you want to relax. Well organize with transport and all information. It take only 30-40min to be in amsterdam central.

• 21st May 2014

All things are good except the location , far away from city center. Good breakfast.You need to pay 1 euro each time for the shuttle. It will be perfect if it is free.

Thanks for your feed-back. As written clearly on our website we are located outside of the city. You will have to calculate a bit more time and money to get to Lucky Lake, the compensation for this is the beautiful surroundings, a relaxed stay and meeting wonderful people. Drink a beer in one of the hammocks or play a game of ping-pong or Foosball after a busy day in the city and re-charge your battery for the next day:-)

This is without a doubt the best hostel I have ever stayed at. The staff could not have been more helpful. The location and rooms were perfect! I will definitely recommend this hostel to all our friends!

• 20th May 2014
  • Wales

We're jumping of joy! Thank you!!!

The staff are really kind and the atmosphere of the place is amazing!! The bathroom and the kitchen are pretty clean and the breakfast is very good! I surely recommend this place to my friends and I will come back soon!! thank you for everything lucky lake we had great time there!!

See you soon and thanks for your nice review!

This is really a fantastic hostel. I'm older than most people who stay here but there are some others in their 30's. The hostel is within a few minutes bike ride away from some beautiful countryside and villages and it's a five minute walk to the lake. The staff is really happy, friendly and upbeat and visitors appreciate it. The facilities are great but one mixed dorm is way too small. This hostel is based on such a creative idea and it's original in every way. I'd happily stay here again!

We're glad that you like Lucky Lake and the surroundings. One of the dorms is not as big as the others, luckily we had room in another dorm and could give you some more private space. Thanks for leaving this beautiful review and we'll see you soon!

So much love for Lucky Lake, the wonderful Lucky Lake crew

• 20th May 2014

You should see us, we are smiling from ear to ear! Thank you