Lucky Lake Hostel Reviews

Vinkenkade 75, Vinkeveen, Amsterdam, Netherlands

It's a shame it is a bit too far from the city. But the place is great, and so is staff. A walk to the lake is a must-do! By far, the most beautiful hostel you'll ever see!

Thanks for your nice review! Being outside of the city has many advantages and we're glad you've explored the beautiful surroundings of Lucky Lake. It does take some more planning for guests being outside of the city but we hope our lovely place and staff make up for this:-)

The free breakfast and helpful staff are great!

• 1st May 2014
  • Belgium

Lovely thank you!

THIS is a GREAT place. It's a little far away from the city center but the hostel implemented everything to make sure the journey is not an issue (bus shuttle from the closest metro station, taxi for 35€ from anywhere in the city, ...)

We're glad you had a good stay. Thanks for your review.

This is our second time staying at lucky lake and it was just as good as the first time! The staff is super rad, going above and beyond what anyone would expect to try and help. The location might be a little bit out of the way but if you're willing to go, you will be rewarded by a beautiful community nestled on a lake just outside of Amsterdam with easy access to the city. Our experience may be a little skewed since we stayed in a private caravan.

• 30th Apr 2014

if u are travelling by car - perfect place to stay and see Amsterdam and area around! Much cheaper than Amsterdam and different from all the other hostels in the city. After 10am u can leave car in Ajax stadium just for 1€ per day and take metro from there. Oh, and great breakfast, with delicious pancakes and Moroccan mint tea, mniam! Recommend to everyone ;)

Thanks for your good review. If you arrive with your own car and don't mind driving to the nearby P+R it is a cheap way to get into the city. Information is available at reception.

I loved my time at lucky lake, I do feel that it is a place primarily for couples, or groups, but as a solo traveller, I felt the accomodation was stellar, I was surprised by how clean and well run it was for a caravan park. The 6 bed dorm was new and very beautiful with great beds and a lovely shower. I spent most of my time there with the staff, Colin and Brooke were both lovely people and made me feel welcome always. Thanks again! S.J.

Hey S.J thanks for your review. Making guests feel welcome and happy is what we live for:-) We hope to welcome you back some day. Greetings from all of us!

magical atmosphere, great facilities and nice breakfasts

• 28th Apr 2014
  • Poland

Aahh thanks!

Okay, this was seriously the most fantastic place to stay. I was astounded. The showers really do have hot water. The caravans are perfectly sized, no complains with the mattress or pillows. The surroundings are beautiful. Staff answer every question. We had so many questions about transport and they answered them all. Shuttle was brilliant. Bikes were brilliant. It was all laid back, you didn't feel forced to participate in anything but there were so many options. The BEST holiday I've been on.

• 27th Apr 2014

We are speechless! Lovely, thanks a million. We hope to welcome you again next time you're in Amsterdam

It is a bit out of the city, but nevertheless the transfer is very well organized. The staff are really friendly! I just loved the outdoor kitchen and the restaurant-bus with the egg facility. It was a pleasant surprise. I just missed some vegetables. All in all, I would definitely stay at Lucky Lake Hostel again.

• 25th Apr 2014
  • Croatia

Wonderfull!

Absolute amazing, will be returning soon. 5 stars.

• 25th Apr 2014
  • Scotland

Woohoo! See you soon then.

Great hostel!! Even it seems far from amsterdam, it is still cheaper than other ones! And being "far" helps you to relax a bit of the city! Only 20 min from Centraal. The best breakfast ever!!!(and included!)

Thanks for your feedback. We feel the same, it's so nice to come back to Lucky Lake after a busy day in the city and relax at the hostel so you can charge your battery for the next day. We're glad you've enjoyed the breakfast we offer in the bus.

We loved our stay in Lucky Lake Hostel, the people and the Atmosphere there was GREAT. The lake is also great, I had a great experience there, and if I come back to Amsterdam, I won't hesitate to come back to Lucky Hostel. Thank you for ALL!

• 23rd Apr 2014
  • Argentina

Thank you too! It makes us very happy to read your great review.

Absolutely loved this place. There are no words to describe the atmosphere or layout of the place...you have to go and experience it for yourself. I did not want to leave this place...it was the perfect spot to start my Holland adventure. I highly recommend this place and would definitely go back if I ever get the chance to go back to Holland.

its just the nr 1 place 2 chill and enjoy ..

• 20th Apr 2014
  • Norway

Hahaha, thanks, we're glad you've enjoyed yourselves

If you need to chill and relax, and still be 30 mins away by metro, Def. recomended

Thanks for your review. See you soon in the summer! Greetings from all of us

Really, really enjoyed my stay at lucky lake and they only thing (and that really is the only thing) they could improve on was the breakfast, which could have eggs and fruits. But apart from that an amazing place with amazing people!!!!! Thank you Lucky Lake!!!!

• 20th Apr 2014
  • Austria

Thanks for your review. We're glad you liked it. Every day we have a 'special' breakfast it can be eggs, pancakes or poffertjes( a local Dutch specialty). Unfortunately we don't have fruit for breakfast. Please feel free to bring your own fruit:-) Thanks for staying with us!!!

I drone for years about how great the place is, and I wish I could give it over 100% for my review. I love being outside of the bustling city and access is a breeze. I thought 5 nights was too much until I was there, then I realized I could stay here for weeks and not blink an eye. The staff went above and beyond and felt like friends rather than people working. Brooke played stellar music whenever she manned the reception and honestly each staff member was amazing. Stay here. Book it now.

This is an overwhelming review. Thank you so much. We are very happy to hear you love Lucky Lake just as much as we do! Our staff is THE BEST, we agree:-) We hope to welcome you again. Love from all of us.

Everything is great. My five friends and I felt really comfortable there. Would definitely come again if we are in Amsterdam someday.

That's so nice to hear. We do our best to make everyone feel at home. Thank you!!

God hostel, because you ar e in a caravan it could get cold in the night but with addittional blankets you'll overcome the night. Its a great atmosphere in the middle of an dutch countryside. A special highlight is a oldbus where the breakfest is served. The kitchen provides all you need even to cook elaborate dishes. Stuff is really helpfull and nice. We had a great stay in the Lucky Lake Hostel. Thank You.

• 18th Apr 2014

We are very happy to read you had a good stay! Thank you very much.

The shuttle to and from Amsterdam's Holbrecht station worked extremely well. A lot of improvements have been made to the hostel since I was there last, making ot the best place to hang out hostelwise. Breakfast is far better than average and the staff come accross as genuinely committed to the welbeing of the guests. Contrary to the online info, there are actually tiny heaters to take the edge off the cold when temperatures are low..

Wow! Thank you. We are always trying to improve and it's awesome that you enjoy everything we offer. You are right about the heaters, we offer them for free:-) We hope to welcome you back again some day.