Lucky Lake Hostel Reviews

Vinkenkade 75, Vinkeveen, Amsterdam, Netherlands

My friend and I both had a wonderful time at the hostel and we would definitely love to come back if we have the chance. Thanks for all your help and hard work!!

• 6th Jun 2015

Ooh great! You're very welcome and we hope to welcome you back!

Awesome hostel, great atmosphere. Good vibes and good times. We loved the staff, we will miss you Rafael!

• 6th Jun 2015

:-) 100% thank you!

Very cool hostel. If you're looking for a place to get out of the city and have some good time to think or just chill, this is definitely the place for you. I'm a solo traveler, and it could have been that I stayed during the weekdays, but I didn't see many other solo travelers or people that seemed open to meeting. The location is a little inconvenient for being in the city, but I personally preferred the area outside of the city more. Very nice staff too!

Thank you! We're sorry you didn't get a chance to socialize with other solo travelers during your stay. Enjoy your travels!

Beautiful and great green area close to the lake. Very nice and helpful staff; a great Holiday place to chill out and save energy. Also a social place with great conditions to meet new people. And so awesome with the shuttle transport. I will definetely come Again!

• 5th Jun 2015
  • Denmark

Very nice review, it makes us happy that you've enjoyed our place so much! See you some other time:-)

Loved this hostel!! Can't wait to stay there again. Free hot showers, free breakfast and the coolest atmosphere and staff you could ask for! Beds were comfortable and everything was really clean. Wifi worked all throughout the hostel.

Woohoo! Thank you!

We had a great stay at Lucky Lake! Very clean, charming, quiet, but especially a very helpful and friendly staff, great breakfast selection. We loved to stay close to the lake, and the transfer to Amsterdam was uncomplicated.

Wow, what a nice review. Thanks!

In one word: WOW! I plan on visiting Amsterdam again and Lucky Lake is the only place I want to stay. The friendliest staff around and the most amazing atmosphere. I only stayed 3 nights but next time I will make it a much longer stay. Amsterdam is an amazing city but having a safe and clean hostel to escape to after a hard day/night of partying and sight seeing is so refreshing. Met some amazing people from all over. The shuttle service/ metro is so convenient. No problems getting around :) :)

Absolutely fantastic time staying there. Lovely location and will most likely be back again ! Thankyou for having us !

• 1st Jun 2015

Thank you for staying, we hope to welcome you back some day!

Wacky place, but fun and definitely a cheap option to stay near Amsterdam. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Be sure you are a few minutes early for the shuttle at Holendrecht. I missed it by 30 seconds once, which was a bummer. Take a day and just explore the lake and nearby town; it's worth it! Included breakfast is nice but pretty light (cereal, yogurt, tea, coffee, etc.). They did have eggs one day. Showers and toilets were always clean and available. Kitchen was nice for small meals.

Thanks for your nice review! Every day we have something at breakfast to make yourself, like eggs, pancakes and poffertjes. We also have a small selection of bread; brown, white and baked breadies. Thanks for staying and safe travels!!

For people who like to walk everywhere, location sucked (had to rely on a shuttle to get to the metro, then pay for the train in and out of the city). Hostel itself was clean and cute, had bike rentals, was near a lake. Beds were really comfortable. Breakfast was decent - bread and juice, but you had facilities to make your own. Staff seemed to be a bit of their own group and not always approachable.

Thanks for your review. It's stated clearly on the booking site that we are not situated in the city and that you need to take our free shuttle bus from the metro station. Transport costs 5,80 euro for a return ticket on the metro so please keep this in mind when making the booking. We believe our staff is very friendly and approachable and we're sorry if we gave you the feeling we weren't there for you. Safe travels!

It such a nice Hostel. Lovely people, lovely place. Such a great idea to use caravan's and cabin's as a Hostel. Very colorful and worth an experience. Weather was a bit cold, but definitely a place to come back especially when the sun is out. Thanks for having us and for my LOVED flamingo tray :) DANK JE WEL!!

• 29th May 2015

You're very welcome!

This spot was amazing. Would love to stay there longer.

• 29th May 2015

Great, just come back one day:-) Thanks for staying.

Me and my boyfriend visited Amsterdam to celebrate an anniversary, i emailed lucky lake to ask if they could do anything special for us and said i would pay. When we arrived there was a bottle of prossecco and chocolates in our room and for no extra charge! I was very impressed and would like to thank the staff for going that extra mile for us! We had a great stay! The shuttle bus is really handy, the cinema is great, the showers are clean and the breakfast is lovely! Overall amazing

• 27th May 2015

We're so happy you had a good stay. You're very welcome for the small gifts so you could celebrate your anniversary! All the best!

Myself and my girlfriend both agree that we weren't disappointed by this place at all. The whole experiance was 10/10. The staff were extremely nice and helpful but left you to enjoy yourself, the facilities were cleaner than most hotels! And the money we paid didn't feel like it was enough for the service that was provided! Amsterdam is a beautiful country and there's loads to do, if you're looking for a mega relaxed cheap but amazing experiance go here!! You wont be disappointed :).

• 26th May 2015

100% we're doing a little celebration dance, thank you!!

Everyone was so friendly and welcoming. I will definitely be coming back!

We're happy you've had a good stay!

Super friendly staff, comfy beds, clean showers, great shuttle service. Perfect!

THANK YOU!!!!

Very helpful and friendly staff. Wonderful cozy smallest cinema! relaxing rural landscape at a stone's throw. easy to reach from Amsterdam. Great place to stay to chill out away from the city hustle n bustle. colorful and informal settings. highly recommend it!

• 25th May 2015

Yes! Thanks for your recommendation.

This is the best hostel I have ever stayed so far! This is not your "typical" hostel. The beds are inside a hip truck. There are enough space in the hostel to walk around and chill out with your friends. The lake there are beautiful. Though the location is 10 mintues away by car from the metro but there is a shuttle bus which is conviniece. Breakfast was ok. Bed was very comfy and clean. The bathrooms are also clean. Staffs were friendly. I would definetely go back there again!

Lovely review, thank you.

This was a really cool place to stay, great if you want to get a mix of city and countryside during your trip.

Exactly how we feel :-) Thanks for leaving your review!

This place is so cute. If you are okay with not partying until 2am or so you should try this place. It is so relaxing and peaceful here.

Thank you for pointing out that we are not the best place to be if you like to party all night! We're very happy you've enjoyed your stay!