Lucky Lake Hostel Reviews

Vinkenkade 75, Vinkeveen, Amsterdam, Netherlands

It is very far away from city center. In fact it is not in Amsterdam. There is shuttle bus but you pay for it which very ridiculous. After shuttle bus you also need to get on metro to go to city center and it takes 20 minutes with payment of 2,80 Euro for a single-one way ticket. Secondly, for all people in hostel only two rooms(totally 6 cabins) are avaliable as a bathroom and they are not avaliable in rooms. All of them are public use. Finally the internet sucks. Wifi is not working at all.

I'm sorry about all the complaints. But to be honest, if your ead all the information before booking, you would have known all this. The WIFI is not working well very often, true!

Clean, calm, lovely place. Attentive, respectful staff. Music not too loud, stops after 11 pm. No festivities all night. Near a lake I the nature.

• 18th Jun 2013
  • Lithuania

We're glad you've enjoyed your stay. Thank you!

Unbelievable hostel! Only complaint was quality of wifi, but every thing else was fantastic. When I go back to Amsterdam I want to stay here again. You should not think about staying any where else.

Glad you liked it! Our WiFi does suck but unfortunately there is nothing we can do about it at the moment. Thanks for your awesome review!

Very nice place if you don't want to be in the city center. Lucky lake is perfect to forgot the stress and the inconvenient of the city. A shuttle bring you to the nearest metro station for 1 € (the first ride is offer), about 20-30 minutes from Lucky lake to Amsterdam Centraal! Thank's to the very cool and friendly staff, We enjoyed our stay!

• 14th Jun 2013

Thank you guys. We hope to welcome you again! Greetings from all of us at Lucky Lake

Great weekend in Luke Lake...I ll return there for sure!!

Like like like like! See you soon!

Lucky lake is the cutest and friendliest place! There is no doubt that I will be coming back to Lucky lake! It's the best of both worlds when visiting Amsterdam. You can experience the country side with beautiful canals and lakes on a short walk while still being close to the city. They make it very easy to get into the city center for you. Amazing hostel!!!

• 14th Jun 2013

It's like you've been reading our minds :-) Awesome, thank you

I really enjoyed my trailor van and slept REALLY well during both nights of my stay. The shower room was surprisingly clean and spacious. The breakfast was great and the facilities in the hostel really allowed me to meet a great crowd. The location of the hostel was a little out of the way but nothing difficult to manage with the frequent shuttle services. It's actually nice to be staying at a place that is not overpriced and grimey when in Amsterdam. The lake was close by and really beautiful!

Highly recommend Lara's beef lasagne, and those welsh cakes with ice cream!!!! The duckies are super cute! Location is a bit far but they try to rectify that with the hostel shuttle. Shuttles go on the hour, but when we needed to get into ansterdam they drove us in on the half hour. I got quite sick while in Amsterdam and the staff went above and beyond to help me feel as comfortable as possible.

• 13th Jun 2013

Great stay! Loved the campers and everyone was accommodating. A bit far from central town but really easy to get there!

Thank you for your comment. We're happy you've enjoyed your stay.

It's basically the same as camping, which I didn't mind and thought it was definitely a unique hostel experience. The staff were awesome, very friendly and helpful. The wifi was free but it was pretty lousy. Free breakfast was nice. The showers and toilets were surprisingly clean. More of a laid back atmosphere, there's a separate lounge for people to smoke in which was nice given that I don't smoke myself so I could stay away from it. The location wasn't great, gotta take a shuttle to the metro

If you like to get up early and spend your entire day busy exploring town, do not stay here because YOU WILL LOVE IT TOO MUCH. This place was absolutely fantastic and a destination of its own in Amsterdam. It was a ways outside of town, but absolutely fantastic to see the countryside, explore the small town near by, relax for a change, and truly enjoy your days. My only regret is that I did not stay longer. Everything about this place was perfect and I will come back to Amsterdam for this place.

You words make us very HAPPY! Thanks a million!

We loved Lucky Lake! Have recommended to many travelers already on our trip since we left.

Thank you guys! Safe travels and till next time.

BEST PLACE WE STAYED! The ideal way to see Amsterdam. Abcoude (the closest village is beautiful). Bike tour was amazing. Staff was wonderful. Feels like the ultimate adult summer camp

Wow, what a great experience staying at this hostel! It was very chill and there were so many hippies!! Everyone was so friendly and helpful. The only thing was that it was out of the way from the main part of the city. They have a shuttle but it only comes once an hr and they charge you one euro per ride. The location was fine and cute but if you want to be in the city, this one wasn't. Overall I reallyyyyyyy enjoyed staying there though and we spent everyday in the city.

Glad that you really enjoyed your stay. Not being situated in the city means you'll need to plan a bit more time and money getting into the city. Coming back to Lucky Lake after a busy day in the city usually makes up for this. Relaxing in a hammock, cooking and meeting other travellers in the kitchen or smoke a joint in the lounge! Thanks for your comment

Its remote location gives you the opportunity to experience the country, but it didnt work for me as I was only in Amsterdam for 2 nights. I missed out on the nightlife in the city because i had to think about getting back to the hostel. From Amsterdam you need to take the metro, and then the only way to get to the hostel is by their shuttle which only comes once an hour. Difficult if you are planning to get drunk or stoned. Otherwise is great.

If you are looking for a relaxed and easy going hostel where you can enjoy a smoke, bike ride, swim and hammock, we are the place for you. If you want to explore Amsterdams nightlife till the early morning it might be better to find a place to stay in the city as our last shuttle bus leave the station at 1.30am.

Lucky Lake is so nice. Definitely one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. I loved staying in one of their cute caravans, and the location near the lake is excellent. It's nice to have a little break from the city. We had no trouble getting to Amsterdam, however, as they provide a shuttle to the nearest train station for only 1€ per ride. Great hostel, I definitely recommend it!

Oohhh! Thank you

I had a very good eperience at Lucky Lake. It was very relaxed and homey. The caravans were very clean, although there were a few ants and spiders, but that is to be expected. Most of the staff were very friendly, though one lady was very loud and swore at the ducks a lot, which changed the atmosphere for me. Overall it was a very nice, quirky, and relaxing stay!

Thanks for your comment. We'll be watching our language from now on, we're sorry that it had this effect on you. Good to hear that you had a relaxing stay!

I had a great stay, very comfortable, I'll come again. Thank you.

• 1st Jun 2013

Hello people, we very much enjoyed our stay at the hostel. We were there from 31 of May till 3 of July. And it was the best hostel we have ever been to. The staff are extremely helpful and charming. especially when my boyfriend was unwell :) I am very happy you helped us. The breakfast was good and the atmosphere in the hostel was very warm and friendly. I love the ducks btw . Good luck to you guy and hope to see you soon Dave and Anna

Thank you guys for your lovely review! We hope to welcome you back some day. Take care!

A brilliant 'sleeping in caravan' concept..really good place to relax and meet people after experiencing the din in the streets of Amsterdam.

OOhh! 100% thank you!