Lucky Lake Hostel Reviews

Vinkenkade 75, Vinkeveen, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Completely in LOVE with this hostel! It deserves more than a 100%! The location was beautiful and the free shuttle was a huge help (yes it's about 30 minutes from the city, but I won't deduct points from it because you should be aware it's away from the main part of AMS. But it's totally worth it trust me) the workers were super friendly and very helpful. And it was VERY clean. Can't wait to return! Please check this place out! You won't regret it! Already miss it!

We are soooo happy that you liked staying here. Thank you so much for leaving this lovely review. See you soon!

Wonderful stay. Very appreciate of the kind staff and the atmosphere was fantastic.

Thank you for leaving a great review!

Lucky lake is situated in a lovely area and is pretty convenient to get to the city center. The only thing I would reccomend is the staff provide some guidance to first timers about the train / metro into the station. Its very confusing as the train is different from the metro and the tickets are bought in different places.

• 2nd May 2015

Thanks for your lovely review. The Dutch system is a bit confusing:-) We'll do our best to explain it better.

Really cute hostel. The breakfast is awesome, I never had such a good breakfast in a hostel. The facilites are really clean for a "campsite". It is a bit outside of Amsterdam but the free shuttle and the metro take you within 20-30 min to the center. We loved it. Its worth going there.

Thanks for recommending us!

I had such a great stay at Lucky Lake! The staff was wonderful which totally made the experience. It was also nice to take advantage of the kayak rental they offer. I had a great time on the lake after a long day exploring the city.

That's wonderful! Thanks for staying.

The baths should be segregated. Quite uncomfortable to come out and see a man in his underwear in the same area.

• 25th Apr 2015
  • Malaysia

Thanks for your feed-back. In the past we had female and male showers and toilet separate however the queue for the ladies was always so long so we've decided to not have them separate any more. We're sorry that this was uncomfortable for you.

I had booked 9 days but left earlier because (a) the lack of any structured events, etc.combined with the individual lodgings prevented any real bonding or meeting others. As a solo traveler, spending a week in a place that was already remote without being able to connect with others - despite attempts - was isolating. The cold was also a factor. Eating and cooking outside, having toilets that were open air, and lodgings with ver inadequate heat, was a problem. Last, the location was too far

We're very sorry to hear you didn't like your stay. We don't organize any events and activities at our hostel. You would probably have been happier staying in the city with more things going on. It's unfortunate you couldn't connect with any of the guests and were cold. As to our location it's stated clearly on Hostelworld.com and our website that we are not situated in the city. We hope you'll have better hostel experiences during your travels. Thanks for leaving your review.

It was a bit more outdoorsy than I had hoped, maybe an indoor kitchen option would be better for cold/rainy days. But all in all I had a good stay!

Thanks for the feed-back. Glad you had a good stay despite the weather:-)

Absolutely adorable. Loved the atmosphere and I had an amazing time!

Wow, thanks!

We spent 3 amazing days at Lucky Lake Hostel, thanks a lot for your kindness. We will never forget this peaceful atmosphere! Marine & Mika

• 22nd Apr 2015

Dear 2, thank you for staying. It was our pleasure :-)

It's bit far from the centre but I had no problem going out and coming back. Facilities are excellent and well maintained. It was a peaceful time surrounded by nature in generall

We're glad you had a good stay!

Suberp stay in Lucky Lake with affordable pricing, free shuttle, awesome and beautiful landscape and a great escapade from the city!

• 19th Apr 2015
  • Malaysia

Lovely review! Thank you for staying.

My husband and I stayed here and loved it! It's a really fun atmosphere with just about everything you could want (even a little movie "theater"). The hostel is colorful, laid back, and full of character (including goofy animal sculptures and cute ducks). My one complaint is that it's a little far from everything, but they have a free shuttle and bikes you can rent which helps a lot. If you don't mind the travel and are looking for a real Amsterdam experience, I highly recommend this place!

Thanks for your lovely review.

Hostel's atmosphere is amazing. I was suprised to see ducks walking around my feet when i was having breakfast :) There is a beautiful lake at 5 minutes walking distance. Stuff is very friendly and helpful. Reaching to hostel from center lasts around 40 minutes that might be disadvantage. After shower you need to walk to your room from outside, when its warm outside no problem but when it isn't...

Thanks for your nice review.

Excellent Hostel, i would stay again with no doubts. The staff is nice and helpfull, the rooms and bathroom really clean and the atmosphere of the hostel is very cool.

Yay!! Thank you!!

Never seen anything like this place before. Very eclectic, very unique. Awesome place. If I could, I'd live there :) The location isn't great but with the free shuttle it's really not a big deal at all. Rose was especially amazing (shoutout!). The atmosphere and experience definitely makes up for the commute into the city.

Lovely, thank you!! Hope you're well, take care and till next time :-)

Such a cute hostel! I stayed in a 4 female dorm and it was perfect! Well, wifi didn't work in the room which sacked but there are so many places to hang out and so many cool people to meet. I traveled alone and met 3 really cool girls who I will be friends with for a while. Staff was friendly for the most part. Bathrooms were kind of far but not too bad. Breakfast was really good! You have to remember to lock your door though.

Thanks! Happy travels!

Lucky lake is a beautiful, unique hostel full of people from all different walks of life. Staying at this hostel will ensure your stay is memorable, cultural and friendly, with excellent on demand facilities. This hostel has definitely made me want to volunteer elsewhere, or even here, at hostels all over the world to get a real taste of life and experience. The hostel is situated 10 minutes via bike ride to an authentic, peaceful, scenic Dutch village where you can buy food, alcohol, cigarettte

• 17th Apr 2015

Awh thanks C! Feel free to send your CV with picture to us and who knows... maybe you'll end up working with us. We're happy you've enjoyed the hostel life, all the best from all of us.

Awesome hostel!! Very clean, comfortable, and fun. The location is far out of the city, but its really only a 15 minute metro ride and they shuttle you back and forth for free. The staff is super friendly and the breakfast is great. Very much enjoyed my stay, would most definitely come back.

• 17th Apr 2015

Yay! We would love to welcome you back! Safe travels and see you soon :-)

My wife and I stayed for two nights in the hostel. We both thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. The hostel and its surroundings were very lovely and quiet. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Initially I was apprehensive about the distance, but the hostel had a shuttle to holendrecht station, which was just about 20 minutes from the centraal station and the shuttle was on time. I would definitely recommend to friends and given another trip to amsterdam, I would stay here.

• India

Thanks for your lovely review and we're happy that you've enjoyed your stay and our free shuttle service :-) We hope to welcome you back some other time!