Lucky Lake Hostel Reviews

Vinkenkade 75, Vinkeveen, Amsterdam, Netherlands

We loved Lucky Lake! Have recommended to many travelers already on our trip since we left.

Thank you guys! Safe travels and till next time.

BEST PLACE WE STAYED! The ideal way to see Amsterdam. Abcoude (the closest village is beautiful). Bike tour was amazing. Staff was wonderful. Feels like the ultimate adult summer camp

Wow, what a great experience staying at this hostel! It was very chill and there were so many hippies!! Everyone was so friendly and helpful. The only thing was that it was out of the way from the main part of the city. They have a shuttle but it only comes once an hr and they charge you one euro per ride. The location was fine and cute but if you want to be in the city, this one wasn't. Overall I reallyyyyyyy enjoyed staying there though and we spent everyday in the city.

Glad that you really enjoyed your stay. Not being situated in the city means you'll need to plan a bit more time and money getting into the city. Coming back to Lucky Lake after a busy day in the city usually makes up for this. Relaxing in a hammock, cooking and meeting other travellers in the kitchen or smoke a joint in the lounge! Thanks for your comment

Its remote location gives you the opportunity to experience the country, but it didnt work for me as I was only in Amsterdam for 2 nights. I missed out on the nightlife in the city because i had to think about getting back to the hostel. From Amsterdam you need to take the metro, and then the only way to get to the hostel is by their shuttle which only comes once an hour. Difficult if you are planning to get drunk or stoned. Otherwise is great.

If you are looking for a relaxed and easy going hostel where you can enjoy a smoke, bike ride, swim and hammock, we are the place for you. If you want to explore Amsterdams nightlife till the early morning it might be better to find a place to stay in the city as our last shuttle bus leave the station at 1.30am.

Lucky Lake is so nice. Definitely one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. I loved staying in one of their cute caravans, and the location near the lake is excellent. It's nice to have a little break from the city. We had no trouble getting to Amsterdam, however, as they provide a shuttle to the nearest train station for only 1€ per ride. Great hostel, I definitely recommend it!

Oohhh! Thank you

I had a very good eperience at Lucky Lake. It was very relaxed and homey. The caravans were very clean, although there were a few ants and spiders, but that is to be expected. Most of the staff were very friendly, though one lady was very loud and swore at the ducks a lot, which changed the atmosphere for me. Overall it was a very nice, quirky, and relaxing stay!

Thanks for your comment. We'll be watching our language from now on, we're sorry that it had this effect on you. Good to hear that you had a relaxing stay!

I had a great stay, very comfortable, I'll come again. Thank you.

• 1st Jun 2013

Hello people, we very much enjoyed our stay at the hostel. We were there from 31 of May till 3 of July. And it was the best hostel we have ever been to. The staff are extremely helpful and charming. especially when my boyfriend was unwell :) I am very happy you helped us. The breakfast was good and the atmosphere in the hostel was very warm and friendly. I love the ducks btw . Good luck to you guy and hope to see you soon Dave and Anna

Thank you guys for your lovely review! We hope to welcome you back some day. Take care!

A brilliant 'sleeping in caravan' concept..really good place to relax and meet people after experiencing the din in the streets of Amsterdam.

OOhh! 100% thank you!

We enjoyed our stay so much. It was a great time. Thanks to the whole team!

• 30th May 2013

Thnak you too! Greetings from all of us and till next time

I don't have a bad word to say about lucky lake. As long as your happy for it to be a little out of the city it's a fantastic place ad the staff make you feel at home the moment you get ther.

Wonderful review. A big thank you from all of us!

Staff was nice and helpful. Definitely a different experience. They do a good job of creating common areas. Lucky Lake certainly nickle and dime you for little things - like a towel, bikes, and shuttle rides.

Thanks for leaving a comment. Towels are not included, we do rent them for 2 euro a piece. We have lovely bikes for rent, it's so nice to cycle and explore the surroundings and the lake. A bike is 1,50 euro per hour. On the bookingsites it's written very clearly that the 1st shuttle ride is for free and after that it's 1 euro per person per ride. All the prices(also in our little shop) are kept as low as possible for your convinience. Glad to hear you've enjoyed the lounge!

Great place...ill be back for some summer vacation asap...

• 29th May 2013
  • Serbia

That's awesome news! We'll seen you soon then. Thanks for your review and greetings from all of us at Lucky Lake

I LOVE this place. It's so nice to go somewhere where the staff actually care about interacting with you and showing you a good time. Plus it's clean, surrounded by nature AND I left my favourite jeans there and they went out of their way to make sure i got them back. Try the welsh cakes if you can too ;) cheers guys!

Awesome review, thank you!

Best hostel we've stayed at so far. Will definitely be returning next time we're in Amsterdam.

Wow! Thanks and hope to see you soon

really nice campsite, near lake but a bit out of amsterdam (that could be a good thing or a bad thing)

• 25th May 2013

We find it a good thing! If you like nature, relaxing and a quiet night our hostel could be perfect for you. If you like to party, Lucky Lake might not be the best place to stay. Thank you for leaving a review!

We enjoyed our stay here amongst the chilled out surroundings. Loved the caravan idea. We were comfortable and relaxed. Would stay again.

Thanks Alison, we hope to welcome you back one day. Greetings from all of us at Lucky Lake

Lucky lake was one of the best hostels I've stayed at. Or private caravan was excellent and very cosy. Thewildlife we're interesting totoo

The right place for the right people ))

• 16th May 2013
  • Israel

Thanks, Uri, you're right ;)! Hope to see you again.

The staff were excellent - friendly, efficient and helpful. It's hard to see how the hostel could be improved!

Oh so lovely!