Lucky Lake Hostel Reviews

Vinkenkade 75, Vinkeveen, Amsterdam, Netherlands

1993 Total Reviews

everything in lucky lake is perfect, definitely going back whenever I can, staff is super friendly and the two girls that are in the reception are amazing. Only weak side it is a bit far from downtown, but everything else is amazing.

• 6th Jun 2014
  • Mexico

Thank you!!! See you soon!

Lucky Lake is THE best hostel I've ever stayed at! True, it's a bit of a ways from the city but I found it refreshing to be away from the hustle and bustle. Staff is excellent. Caravans and breakfast bus are so cool! I can not say enough positive things about Lucky Lake. I never wanted to leave!

That's so lovely! Thank you very much. Safe travels.

Loved this hostel! Relaxing and comfy atmosphere. It was nice to see another side if Amsterdam but also have easy access to the city center. The lake was beautiful, wish I had taken advantage of the kayak and bicycle rentals! Oh well, next time :) Also, I'd recommend a cabin... the caravans are nice but get very hot when the sun comes up as they are basically metal boxes. The staff are great too, thumbs up - all around great hostel!

• 4th Jun 2014

Thank you!! See you next time:-)

The best hostel in the world! Bathrooms are extremely clean. Breaky was a perfect start to the day. Highly recommended.

• 4th Jun 2014
  • South Africa

Woohoo! Best hostel in the world?? That's awesome, thank you.

The coolest hostel Ive ever visited. its amazing. its far out from amsterdam but the staff make sure this is not a problem with a shuttle to and from the metro which runs every 10 mins. This hostel is chilled out, relaxing and perfect if you have been on your feet travelling through Europe! The breakfast is amazing it sets u up for the day. Facilities are top class. Kitchen, chill out room, cinema, smoke room, Hammocks, washing machines, mini shop in reception.

We are really happy you had a good time and enjoyed the hostel! Thanks for this great review!

Great Hostel! helpful staff, super clean rooms, short walk to the lake - you can even rent kayaks and dingy boats. It's a bit like camping in a way but its really nice. Washrooms are clean and theres lots of hot showers. Wifi is So/So depending on where your room is but usually works at the check-in office. All around it was a fun laid-back place to stay while still very organized. good cooking facilities and Shuttle is easy enough. Bikes to rent are in good condition too :)

amazing staff,amazing atmosphere ,nature,breakfast..we're missing "lucky lake"

• 3rd Jun 2014
  • Turkey

Sweet! Thanks and maybe we'll welcome you back some day!

Had a fantastic 2 nights at Lucky Lake Has a great vibe and atsmophere which sums up Amsterdam it's so close to a beautiful lake where you can bike ride and kayak which was fantastic The staff were super ffriendly made you feel right at home shuttle bus to the city centre is really easy and cheap its a great stay to see different sides of Amsterdam!!

• 2nd Jun 2014

Fantastic review, thank you!

Awesome place to stay outside of the main part of the city, but very easy to get to. Everybody there was awesome, can't wait to come back!! :-)

Awesome :-) We're glad to hear that you found it easy to get into the city from Lucky Lake Hostel, perfect!

Awesome vibe, gorgeous location on a lake. Staff are very helpful and accommodating. I spent two full days just at this hostel, didn't even bother with the city because it was so nice.

Wahahaha! That is just so funny! Thank you very much for appreciating Lucky Lake.

Had the most amazing stay at Lucky Lake! The staff were extremely nice and helpful. The location was easy to get to via the shuttle and very peaceful. It was lovely to come back to after the craziness of Amsterdam. Thanks Lucky Lake!

• 31st May 2014

Thank you too for enjoying our hostel and leaving this lovely review!

This is an amazing place, I went to chill out and almost immediately I felt relaxed and in holiday mode! Staff really friendly, nothing too much trouble! The site has a great location near the lake and only 15 mins to city by Metro. Bike hire, great fun to visit nearby typically Dutch villages. I would definitely stay again.

• 31st May 2014

Thank you so much. We hope to welcome you again, maybe with your daughters next time :-)

Phenomenal hostel, everyone is great and the facilities are great! Free breakfast every morning was a huge plus. Only downside is that it is far from the city center, but it isn't too hard to get to since they shuttle you to the closest tube station. Definitely recommend!

Great review! Thanks for staying.

Lucky Lake is a fantastic place. Before we had even left we were planning on when we could visit again. We stayed for 3 nights as part of a holiday around Europe. We had planned on going to explore amsterdam every day but found that we ended up not being able to drag ourselves away from the beautiful surroundings of the lake. A perfect place to relax and unwind.

• 30th May 2014
  • Wales

Just perfect! Thanks guys, see you soon!

only one Word.... A MAAAZZZ ING

WE TOTALLY LOVED THE HOSTAL, AND WE FULLY RECOMMEND IT. THANKS A LOT!

• 29th May 2014

That's great! Thank you too!

Just brilliant! Especially the shuttle-service to the metro to get to Amsterdam :-)

• 28th May 2014

100% that's awesome! Thank you

Me and my girlfriend stayed at Lucky Lake for 3 nights and it was awesome. We both absolutely loved it and will be going back over the summer as we've decided to spend more time in the Netherlands. The hostel itself is just ace - such a nice setting and atmosphere. It takes about 45 minutes to get in to the centre of Amsterdam so if you're looking to be in the thick of things the whole time, this might not be ideal, but we loved the fact that we could go and chill out by the lake instead.

Just lovely! You are very right, if you want to party and stay out till late, we might not be the best place to stay. Thanks for your review and see you soon!

All time favorite hostel experience. We recommend this place to everyone we meet on our travels. The hostel staff are awesome and friendly people from all over the world (with great music taste). The free breakfast really goes above and beyond, serving the usual along with eggs or pancakes. The outdoor kitchen is well equipped and the smoking room is comfy with good vibes. The whole colorful caravan theme is genius and perfect for a visit to Amsterdam.I would not miss the chance to stay at LL!

Wow what an amazing stay I had! I will be sure to bring my friends here in the near future, couldn't have asked for a nicer bunch of people really. Wonderful location by the lake too! I wish I had stayed longer.

WoopWoop 100% Thanks and we hope to welcome you back with your friends next time. Take care!