Lucky Lake Hostel Reviews

Vinkenkade 75, Vinkeveen, Amsterdam, Netherlands

It was a really pleasure to stay at the lucky lake: Its a kind of hippie campsite with fanciful caravans, comfortable beds and an especially, warm athmosphere. With uncomplicated shuttle plus metro it takes no more than 30 minutes to get to the town center. So we could "enter" Amsterdam and could have a peaceful camping at the same time - perfect combination!

• 11th May 2015

Wow this is great! Thank you so much for staying it was a pleasure having the 4 of you:-)

This is the best place to stay in amsterdam I felt like I was at a music festival all the time. Having the country is so nice for bike rides and it is not hard to get into the city. Just stop looking and stay here!

Had a really lovely stay here! Staff were really friendly and kind! Definitely would recommend.

Good if you're looking for a more serene weekend in Amsterdam. This hostel is in the suburbs, so it is difficult if you want to stay out in the central area of Amsterdam without having to pay for a taxi or risk missing the shuttle bus. The free shuttle was a nice touch.

Thanks for your review. We are not the best place to stay if you like to party in Amsterdam. If you like to come "home" to a relaxed atmosphere after a long day in the busy city and unwind, come and stay!

We went in familly during a week end to visit Amsterdam so we spend so much time in the "camping"; but the few hours we spend there were very appreciated. People from Lucky Lake Hostel are very friendly. The rooms, bathrooms and other accomodations are cleans. Special mention for the decoration of the caravans! That's a funny & cool place for living. To go to Amsterdam downtown, it's not complicate with the shuttles and metro (30min). Definitively a hotel to recommend !!!

Thanks for your recommendation. We're glad you had a good stay.

we loved Lucky lake! the hostel is a bit far from the city center but their shuttle runs frequently. We had a 3 person trailer and the beds were by far the most comfortable beds we had during our Europe trip. Breakfast was great.The shower was hot and always available. The staff went above and beyond to make our stay wonderful! Thank you lucky lake, hopefully see you again!

I love Lucky Lake! The location was not a problem at all they have a shuttle that goes to and from Holendrecht station (30mins from Ams Centrale), the place is so clean, there is a beautiful lake 5mins away from the hostel, the breakfast is great (vs others I have tried), the staff is helpful (I even asked them to print stuff for me). This place is just amazing.

• 5th May 2015
  • Philippines

Lovely review, thank you!

I fell inlove with this place. Just amazing.

Amazing review, thank you!

Me and my girlfriend had such a great stay at lucky lake. I would recommend it to anyone!

Yay!! Thanks for recommending us!

Just perfect! Everything is super clean and they have a great free breakfast! This place is definetly one of a kind and everyone should stay here! Go to the lucky lake website and check it out!

Whoop Whoop!!! Thanks, we're really glad you had a good stay.

Completely in LOVE with this hostel! It deserves more than a 100%! The location was beautiful and the free shuttle was a huge help (yes it's about 30 minutes from the city, but I won't deduct points from it because you should be aware it's away from the main part of AMS. But it's totally worth it trust me) the workers were super friendly and very helpful. And it was VERY clean. Can't wait to return! Please check this place out! You won't regret it! Already miss it!

We are soooo happy that you liked staying here. Thank you so much for leaving this lovely review. See you soon!

Wonderful stay. Very appreciate of the kind staff and the atmosphere was fantastic.

Thank you for leaving a great review!

Lucky lake is situated in a lovely area and is pretty convenient to get to the city center. The only thing I would reccomend is the staff provide some guidance to first timers about the train / metro into the station. Its very confusing as the train is different from the metro and the tickets are bought in different places.

• 2nd May 2015

Thanks for your lovely review. The Dutch system is a bit confusing:-) We'll do our best to explain it better.

Really cute hostel. The breakfast is awesome, I never had such a good breakfast in a hostel. The facilites are really clean for a "campsite". It is a bit outside of Amsterdam but the free shuttle and the metro take you within 20-30 min to the center. We loved it. Its worth going there.

Thanks for recommending us!

I had such a great stay at Lucky Lake! The staff was wonderful which totally made the experience. It was also nice to take advantage of the kayak rental they offer. I had a great time on the lake after a long day exploring the city.

That's wonderful! Thanks for staying.

The baths should be segregated. Quite uncomfortable to come out and see a man in his underwear in the same area.

• 25th Apr 2015
  • Malaysia

Thanks for your feed-back. In the past we had female and male showers and toilet separate however the queue for the ladies was always so long so we've decided to not have them separate any more. We're sorry that this was uncomfortable for you.

I had booked 9 days but left earlier because (a) the lack of any structured events, etc.combined with the individual lodgings prevented any real bonding or meeting others. As a solo traveler, spending a week in a place that was already remote without being able to connect with others - despite attempts - was isolating. The cold was also a factor. Eating and cooking outside, having toilets that were open air, and lodgings with ver inadequate heat, was a problem. Last, the location was too far

We're very sorry to hear you didn't like your stay. We don't organize any events and activities at our hostel. You would probably have been happier staying in the city with more things going on. It's unfortunate you couldn't connect with any of the guests and were cold. As to our location it's stated clearly on Hostelworld.com and our website that we are not situated in the city. We hope you'll have better hostel experiences during your travels. Thanks for leaving your review.

It was a bit more outdoorsy than I had hoped, maybe an indoor kitchen option would be better for cold/rainy days. But all in all I had a good stay!

Thanks for the feed-back. Glad you had a good stay despite the weather:-)

Absolutely adorable. Loved the atmosphere and I had an amazing time!

Wow, thanks!

We spent 3 amazing days at Lucky Lake Hostel, thanks a lot for your kindness. We will never forget this peaceful atmosphere! Marine & Mika

• 22nd Apr 2015

Dear 2, thank you for staying. It was our pleasure :-)