Lucky Lake Hostel Reviews

Vinkenkade 75, Vinkeveen, Amsterdam, Netherlands

1955 Total Reviews

Really, really enjoyed my stay at lucky lake and they only thing (and that really is the only thing) they could improve on was the breakfast, which could have eggs and fruits. But apart from that an amazing place with amazing people!!!!! Thank you Lucky Lake!!!!

• 20th Apr 2014
  • Austria

Thanks for your review. We're glad you liked it. Every day we have a 'special' breakfast it can be eggs, pancakes or poffertjes( a local Dutch specialty). Unfortunately we don't have fruit for breakfast. Please feel free to bring your own fruit:-) Thanks for staying with us!!!

I drone for years about how great the place is, and I wish I could give it over 100% for my review. I love being outside of the bustling city and access is a breeze. I thought 5 nights was too much until I was there, then I realized I could stay here for weeks and not blink an eye. The staff went above and beyond and felt like friends rather than people working. Brooke played stellar music whenever she manned the reception and honestly each staff member was amazing. Stay here. Book it now.

This is an overwhelming review. Thank you so much. We are very happy to hear you love Lucky Lake just as much as we do! Our staff is THE BEST, we agree:-) We hope to welcome you again. Love from all of us.

Everything is great. My five friends and I felt really comfortable there. Would definitely come again if we are in Amsterdam someday.

That's so nice to hear. We do our best to make everyone feel at home. Thank you!!

God hostel, because you ar e in a caravan it could get cold in the night but with addittional blankets you'll overcome the night. Its a great atmosphere in the middle of an dutch countryside. A special highlight is a oldbus where the breakfest is served. The kitchen provides all you need even to cook elaborate dishes. Stuff is really helpfull and nice. We had a great stay in the Lucky Lake Hostel. Thank You.

• 18th Apr 2014

We are very happy to read you had a good stay! Thank you very much.

The shuttle to and from Amsterdam's Holbrecht station worked extremely well. A lot of improvements have been made to the hostel since I was there last, making ot the best place to hang out hostelwise. Breakfast is far better than average and the staff come accross as genuinely committed to the welbeing of the guests. Contrary to the online info, there are actually tiny heaters to take the edge off the cold when temperatures are low..

Wow! Thank you. We are always trying to improve and it's awesome that you enjoy everything we offer. You are right about the heaters, we offer them for free:-) We hope to welcome you back again some day.

Good shuttle bus service from hostel to the train station. Very helpful stuff who would give you blankets when you were waiting for next shuttle bus. Received warm welcome from stuff with little souvenirs. Nice breakfast. Bathrooms and toilets were clean enough. Free coffee and tea for all day. Good atmosphere. One thing to improve is the electrical heater not warm enough at night and a bit dangerous to turn it on throughout the night.

• 16th Apr 2014
  • Hong Kong

Oh thanks for your sweet review. Glad you liked it. The heaters have a safely pin and if they would fall over they will stop immediately. If you don't feel comfortable using the heater we can always offer free blankets and warm water bottles. Greetings form all of us at Lucky Lake!!

Awesome unique hostel just outside Amsterdam city. really good vibes all round and sleeping in the caravans was really cozy. highly recommended!

Yeah that's great! Thanks for recommending us to other travelers:-)

I had an amazing time there with my friends. The hostel staff is very nice. The hostel is charming. I'll totally be back to this hostel for my next time in Amsterdam. Thank you for everything.

• 15th Apr 2014

Wow! Thank you too and see you next time.

This is a very AWESOME place to stay, it is perfect and cool. I love it sooo muchh. I will recommend this hostel to all.

• 15th Apr 2014
  • Malaysia

Wow, thank you for this awesome review:-)

This was a fantastic place it was very comfortable in the dorm cabin and the private caravans looked great too, the staff were very helpful and friendly too. The location was really nice outside in the country close to a lake and a really beautiful small Dutch village and equally easy to get to Amsterdam with the shuttle bus. I'd happily stay again maybe in a caravan next time.

Thank you so much for seeing the beauty of our location. We look forward to welcome you back again!

Me and my boyfriend stayed for 3 nights at a double bed caravan and it was the best think we could have done! We loved the hostel, the enviroment, the staff was absolutely brilliant, always making us have a laugh and feel very comfortable! It's a very clean and peaceful place, the sunset at the lake was lovely! The ducks around the hostel were also a great experience!:P Defo recommend it!!

oohhh such a nice review. Thank you very much for staying and maybe till next time!

What a gem! I absolutely loved the caravans and dorms were very spacious. Lounges were spacious and there was plenty of common space on the property, not including the fact that there was also a gorgeous beach to walk to. The shuttle service worked well - although I would really love it if it went every half hour instead of hourly. The staff were all very friendly and seemed to be committed to helping everyone have a good time. And the duckies - I would go back to see those little cuties!

Thanks for your feedback! We're glad you've enjoyed your stay. When it's very busy we do have extra shuttles. We try to stick to our shuttle schedule so it's clear to everyone and if you reserve a seat in advance it should all work out beautifully:-)

Fantastic unique little place. Very friendly and helpful staff. Extremely clean, rooms and showers were spotless. Selection of stuff for breakfast and a little shop selling essentials. Highly recommended!!

• 14th Apr 2014

Awesome, thanks for your nice review.

the hostel is really nice and very cute. staff is very friendly. the only bad thing is that it is far away from the city centre, but with the shuttle it's no problem either. so we really enjoyed our stay there!

• 13th Apr 2014
  • Switzerland

Very well organised hostel. Super friendly and helpful team.

• 13th Apr 2014

I loved it so much! Fabulous! Staff is great, it's near the city but still has peace and relaxed atmosphere! Definitely going back there! :-)

• 12th Apr 2014
  • Croatia

Everythings are agreeable, lovely place and calm. I like it but it is quite far away from the city center

Thank you for your nice review. Yes, we are located outside of the city at a beautiful lake. It will take a bit more planning if you're staying here but we will promise you'll feel very relaxed coming back to Lucky Lake after a hectic day in Amsterdam.

What an amazing place! The atmosphere was fantastic. Everything was perfectly clean and the facilities were great. It cost a little bit to get in and out of the city. But well worth the money when you could just come back and chill. Already recomended to a friend. Would definitely go again.

• 11th Apr 2014

Lucky Lake was literally of the highlights of my trip in Amsterdam. Because it is located away from the city it leaves a perfect getaway from the overwhelming city. The staff was AMAZING, the hostel was OUTSTANDING & there was absolutely nothing wrong. If you're looking for a hostel so unlike any you've ever stayed in, Lucky Lake will be the perfect pick!

• 11th Apr 2014

WOW! This is an awesome review! You makes us feel sooo proud. A BIG thank you from all of us!

Very nice place to stay!

We're happy you had a good stay!