Lucky Lake Hostel Reviews

Vinkenkade 75, Vinkeveen, Amsterdam, Netherlands

1991 Total Reviews

Location is terrible. 15 minutes to get the station plus about half an hour to get central area. First van (cost 1 euro and was hourly) was only at 8:00. Toilets and showers r in a separate area, what mean you have to walk in an uncovered way what's a bit worse when weather is cold and rainy. The idea of hostel is not bad, in good weather conditions.

• 9th May 2014

Thanks for your review. We're very sorry that the hostel did not meet your expectations. We try to be very clear on the website and booking sites that we are not located in the city and that our shuttle service is €1 per person per ride. Some people get confused about the 12% deposit because it's called a deposit. This doesn't mean that you get it back, it's a commission and it's non-refundable. We wish you would have had a better stay. All the best Lucky Lake team

It´s a really great place to stay in. The bad thing is that is really far from everything and you need to take the bus to go to it. Luckly there´s a bus to take us there, but anyways it´s something I would thing about it twice before going there.

• 9th May 2014
  • Mexico

Thanks for your review. For some travelers it's a bad thing being outside of the city and for some it's a blessing. If you're coming to Amsterdam to party then we might not be the best place to stay, our last shuttle bus leaves Amsterdam Holendrecht station at 1.30am. If you like to relax after a busy day in the city, being in nature and outdoor, we think Lucky Lake can offer the best of both worlds;-) Again thanks for your comment and happy travels!

I loved this hostel, everyone is so chill. I like that it's close to a lake and a village and a metro line. the breakfast was good. the staff is incredibly helpful and I like that they have the time and desire to talk with and play cards with and grab a beer with the hostel guests.

YES! Lucky Lake staff is the BEST:-)

It was cold at night!!

We're so sorry to hear you were cold at night. Now there is unfortunately nothing we can do for you but this is a message to other guests, please feel free to ask for extra blankets or a warm water bottle at reception. We will offer them to you for free.

THE BEST HOSTEL. Everything about this place was awesome: the cute, colourful cabins and caravans, the sheltered outdoor kitchen, the insanely clean washroom, the sweet cinema room, the ducks hanging out around the park, the nearby lake, the convenient shuttle ferrying you out to the hostel, the delicious pizza sold at reception, the chill and helpful staff... It was soooo great!!!!!! The wifi wasn't always good in the cabins, but it was perfect at reception.

Awesome review, thanks a lot!!

It's a shame it is a bit too far from the city. But the place is great, and so is staff. A walk to the lake is a must-do! By far, the most beautiful hostel you'll ever see!

Thanks for your nice review! Being outside of the city has many advantages and we're glad you've explored the beautiful surroundings of Lucky Lake. It does take some more planning for guests being outside of the city but we hope our lovely place and staff make up for this:-)

The free breakfast and helpful staff are great!

Lovely thank you!

THIS is a GREAT place. It's a little far away from the city center but the hostel implemented everything to make sure the journey is not an issue (bus shuttle from the closest metro station, taxi for 35€ from anywhere in the city, ...)

We're glad you had a good stay. Thanks for your review.

This is our second time staying at lucky lake and it was just as good as the first time! The staff is super rad, going above and beyond what anyone would expect to try and help. The location might be a little bit out of the way but if you're willing to go, you will be rewarded by a beautiful community nestled on a lake just outside of Amsterdam with easy access to the city. Our experience may be a little skewed since we stayed in a private caravan.

• 30th Apr 2014

if u are travelling by car - perfect place to stay and see Amsterdam and area around! Much cheaper than Amsterdam and different from all the other hostels in the city. After 10am u can leave car in Ajax stadium just for 1€ per day and take metro from there. Oh, and great breakfast, with delicious pancakes and Moroccan mint tea, mniam! Recommend to everyone ;)

Thanks for your good review. If you arrive with your own car and don't mind driving to the nearby P+R it is a cheap way to get into the city. Information is available at reception.

I loved my time at lucky lake, I do feel that it is a place primarily for couples, or groups, but as a solo traveller, I felt the accomodation was stellar, I was surprised by how clean and well run it was for a caravan park. The 6 bed dorm was new and very beautiful with great beds and a lovely shower. I spent most of my time there with the staff, Colin and Brooke were both lovely people and made me feel welcome always. Thanks again! S.J.

Hey S.J thanks for your review. Making guests feel welcome and happy is what we live for:-) We hope to welcome you back some day. Greetings from all of us!

magical atmosphere, great facilities and nice breakfasts

• 28th Apr 2014
  • Poland

Aahh thanks!

Okay, this was seriously the most fantastic place to stay. I was astounded. The showers really do have hot water. The caravans are perfectly sized, no complains with the mattress or pillows. The surroundings are beautiful. Staff answer every question. We had so many questions about transport and they answered them all. Shuttle was brilliant. Bikes were brilliant. It was all laid back, you didn't feel forced to participate in anything but there were so many options. The BEST holiday I've been on.

• 27th Apr 2014

We are speechless! Lovely, thanks a million. We hope to welcome you again next time you're in Amsterdam

It is a bit out of the city, but nevertheless the transfer is very well organized. The staff are really friendly! I just loved the outdoor kitchen and the restaurant-bus with the egg facility. It was a pleasant surprise. I just missed some vegetables. All in all, I would definitely stay at Lucky Lake Hostel again.

• 25th Apr 2014
  • Croatia

Wonderfull!

Absolute amazing, will be returning soon. 5 stars.

• 25th Apr 2014
  • Scotland

Woohoo! See you soon then.

Great hostel!! Even it seems far from amsterdam, it is still cheaper than other ones! And being "far" helps you to relax a bit of the city! Only 20 min from Centraal. The best breakfast ever!!!(and included!)

Thanks for your feedback. We feel the same, it's so nice to come back to Lucky Lake after a busy day in the city and relax at the hostel so you can charge your battery for the next day. We're glad you've enjoyed the breakfast we offer in the bus.

We loved our stay in Lucky Lake Hostel, the people and the Atmosphere there was GREAT. The lake is also great, I had a great experience there, and if I come back to Amsterdam, I won't hesitate to come back to Lucky Hostel. Thank you for ALL!

• 23rd Apr 2014
  • Argentina

Thank you too! It makes us very happy to read your great review.

Absolutely loved this place. There are no words to describe the atmosphere or layout of the place...you have to go and experience it for yourself. I did not want to leave this place...it was the perfect spot to start my Holland adventure. I highly recommend this place and would definitely go back if I ever get the chance to go back to Holland.

its just the nr 1 place 2 chill and enjoy ..

• 20th Apr 2014
  • Norway

Hahaha, thanks, we're glad you've enjoyed yourselves

If you need to chill and relax, and still be 30 mins away by metro, Def. recomended

Thanks for your review. See you soon in the summer! Greetings from all of us