Lucky Lake Hostel Reviews

Vinkenkade 75, Vinkeveen, Amsterdam, Netherlands

2057 Total Reviews

It's bit far from the centre but I had no problem going out and coming back. Facilities are excellent and well maintained. It was a peaceful time surrounded by nature in generall

Thank you for the great time!!

• 19th Apr 2015

Hostel's atmosphere is amazing. I was suprised to see ducks walking around my feet when i was having breakfast :) There is a beautiful lake at 5 minutes walking distance. Stuff is very friendly and helpful. Reaching to hostel from center lasts around 40 minutes that might be disadvantage. After shower you need to walk to your room from outside, when its warm outside no problem but when it isn't...

Loin du centre d'Amsterdam mais dans un cadre très sympa ! J'ai adoré le coin. pour les frileux pensez a demander si vous êtes en caravanes ou en 6 pack. Les caravanes sont fraîches en nuit m'a t on dit, avec un duvet en plus ça va le faire!

Lucky lake is a beautiful, unique hostel full of people from all different walks of life. Staying at this hostel will ensure your stay is memorable, cultural and friendly, with excellent on demand facilities. This hostel has definitely made me want to volunteer elsewhere, or even here, at hostels all over the world to get a real taste of life and experience. The hostel is situated 10 minutes via bike ride to an authentic, peaceful, scenic Dutch village where you can buy food, alcohol, cigarettte

• 17th Apr 2015

Awesome hostel!! Very clean, comfortable, and fun. The location is far out of the city, but its really only a 15 minute metro ride and they shuttle you back and forth for free. The staff is super friendly and the breakfast is great. Very much enjoyed my stay, would most definitely come back.

• 17th Apr 2015

My wife and I stayed for two nights in the hostel. We both thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. The hostel and its surroundings were very lovely and quiet. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Initially I was apprehensive about the distance, but the hostel had a shuttle to holendrecht station, which was just about 20 minutes from the centraal station and the shuttle was on time. I would definitely recommend to friends and given another trip to amsterdam, I would stay here.

• India

Thanks for your lovely review and we're happy that you've enjoyed your stay and our free shuttle service :-) We hope to welcome you back some other time!

Pros: The staff were EXTREMELY friendly and helpful, they had cheap food available at reception; Super comfortable beds. Cons: Terrible wifi that barely worked in the wifi zone; Location was 15 minute shuttle drive + ~20 minute train ride to central station; the shuttle only leaves once an hour so we didn't get a full first day as we couldn't leave before 3pm due to lack of seats after arriving around 12:30. Overall, it was an okay hostel. Not the best but definitely not the worst.

Thanks for your review. We hope it's pretty clear on our website and booking sites that we are not situated in the city and that you do need to travel a bit to get to the hostel. The free shuttle bus runs as often as possible, especially in the mornings every half hour because we understand all our guests want to spend as much time as possible in the city. Thanks for staying and safe travels.

Great hostel, I had an amazing time, thank you!

• 15th Apr 2015

The shuttle could pass each 30 minutes, wasn't easy to wait in the cold... Shuttle left 10 minutes earlier and I had to wait a lot. Also, by the end of the day there was more people that could fit the van, if there was more shuttle this wouldn't happen

Thanks for your comment. We're sorry you had some difficulty with the shuttle. We ask all our guests to call us if there are more then 8 people waiting at Holendrecht station to take the shuttle, if we get the call we always come with a 2nd shuttle. We try to keep the shuttle running smoothly and ask our guests to be a little flexible as well. We hope you did enjoy your stay.

This hostel was extremely cool and quirky - not your average hostel. The caravans, hammocks and breakfast bus were awesome- dominant contributers to the uniqueness of the hostel. The dorm room was also extremely clean and very practically designed. I loved my room! And the bathrooms- they were always clean and well maintained. However the staff werent overly friendly when off hours- It was a little intimidating Also, just be aware of the location. It's a shuttle and 20 minute metro from city

Thanks for your nice review. I'm sorry to hear about you felt intimidated by the staff. They are all very friendly and social. We're super happy you liked our new dorms :-) Enjoy your travels and take care.

the most peaceful and nice little countryside vibe place around. highly recommend. :)

100% thank you!!

Absolutely loved this hostel and the vibe it had going! As someone who doesn't smoke, I was worried about how I'd fit in at a hostel in Amsterdam but I met lots of cool people - smokers and non smokers alike - and wish I could have stayed longer! By far the best hostel experience I've had in Europe.

Wow this is great, thanks for staying and leaving such a wonderful review. Safe travels!

De los mejores hostales en los que he estado!si bien es cierto que queda lejos de la cuidad... Eso no importa porque hay un carro que te recoje y te lleva cada hora y te deja en una estación de tren. Es divino, muy limpio y el desayuno es completo aunque le falta incluir fruta:)

Estuvimos dos noches. Nos costó ubicar la parada de la conexión pero una vez resuelto todo fue muy bien. La atencion del personal magnífica. Además te obsequian con te, café y leche. Lo ponen a tu libre disposición. Es un camping con mucho colorido. Repetiriamos con gusto.

• 9th Apr 2015
  • Spain

Muchas gracias!

Superfreundlicher Umgang mit den Gästen und einfach eine tolle Atmosphäre.

• 8th Apr 2015

Best hostel in Europe!!!!!

Our room was freezing when we got there late at night (my flight was delayed) so the first night was horrible because it was literally freezing even when the heater was running the whole night. The second and third night was manageable because we asked for extra blankets. The free breakfast was really great. I wish that the reception would stay open later than 11pm..

We're sorry to hear you were so cold! Normally the room get warm pretty quick with 2 people in the bed and the warm blankets and heater. Hope you did feel cozy in there despite the cold. Good thing you enjoyed breakfast, the most important meal of the day:-) Safe travels and take care.

Wirklich super Atmosphäre! Alles sauber und ordentlich und hat dennoch ein gewisses Flair von Campen :) Die Mitarbeiter sind allesamt super nett und helfen weiter wo sie nur können, ich und meine Freunde haben ihnen 3 wundervolle Tage zu verdanken. Das Hostel kann wirklich jedem ans Herz gelegt werden der nicht auf Langeweile und 08/15 Urlaub steht und gerne neue Leute aus aller Welt kennen lernt :)

• 8th Apr 2015

Super! Danke schön und viellicht bis zum nächsten mal :-)

What a fun, quirky little place this was. We had a great time staying there. Everything we could possibly need was provided for us, from hairdryer to pots and pans. The shop was well stocked with a good variety of things and our room was great value for money. The highlight has to be the movie caravan. Such a great idea and a great way to pass an evening.

• 7th Apr 2015

Great! This makes us soooooo happy:-)