Lucky your House Reviews

Av Titicaca 144, Puno, Peru

I cannot express just how amazing this place is; not normally one to make reviews but here it is a must. If you are staying in puno then the only place you should stay is lucky! The staff cater to your every need and we've gotten to know them all so well in a short space of time - like a second home! A hot shower is guaranteed which I'm told is a rarity in these parts, the wifi is ridiculously fast (fastest we've had on the whole trip!) and the breakfast is way above normal standard!

• 17th Jul 2015

The was no hot water for showers. We tried at 6 different times, from 6am until midnight during our stay. The staff assured us that 'in 40 minutes and in the morning' it would be hot, alas, it never happened :(

Hello Hayley, i hope you are fine, thank for visit Lucky your House. I'm sorry for the inconvenience that you had :( . I would like to tell you that in your bathroom the key for hot water where say C, this means (Caliente) (Hot) and not C cold, we think that you turn on it. but thanks for your review we will be careful with it and i think will be better paint all the hot water keys with red color to be more clear :) and we will try to improve our service. have a good day and God bless you .Ros

Breakfast was awesome and the owner was amazing always willing to go above and beyong for everyone.

I had the best hot shower while staying here! The breakfast is great! Most places only give you bread, but here there was ham, cheese, eggs, and the coffee was delicious!

Hello Vanessa, we hope you are fine :) thank for give us a good score and for visit Lucky your house... we are really happy to know that you stay here was great. we hope you will came back soon!!! have a good day and God bless you always. kisses and hugs. atte: Ross

Nice hostel, nice staff, with very nice breakfast. Very nice bed. But the shower is or way too hot (you can burn yourself) or way too cold. And the window in my room could not close properly.

hello Daniel :)we hope you are fine. Thank for your contribution and for visit Lucky your house. have a great day!!! atte: Ros

Really, really surprised by how much we liked this hostel. It's pretty cheap for a private double room. The wifi was good by South American standards. The man who works here is super kind and helpful, always smiling and asking how you're doing. Breakfast includes a few extras, like ham, tomatoes, avocados, cucumbers, yogurt, and best of all: scrambled eggs made to order. Contrary to what others said, showers were HOT -- you just have to let the water run for a bit.

Hello :) I hope you are fine, thank for your review and to visit Puno and Lucky your House, we are happy to know that you stay was great!!! God bless you. atte

Very central location and easy to get around. . The staff was very friendly and the breakfast is delicious with eggs, cheese, tomato, jamon,yogurt, cereal,coffee,milk, marmalade, butter...

• 27th Jun 2015

In short, the owners are wonderful and very very helpful people who allowed us into our room at 5:30 am and let us stay in the lobby until our bus the following day (around 10 pm) and only charged us for one night. They helped us check on the road block situation into arequipa and let us use his phone to call our hostel. However, the showers were cold and the rooms were freezing (the little space heater did not do much)

Had a nice stay! Owner was really helpful, we arrived at 6:50am and he immediately gave us our room and booked us onto a 7am lake tour. Was always happy to help running out to buy us water, booking taxis etc. The place is a little cold although the showers were warm (pressure was very weak though) breakfast was great. Location pretty central but a bit nosy at night.

Had a wonderful stay here. Was lucky to get a 4 bed room to myself. With a double bed in it! Had a restful sleep. Wifi was good and the showers were hot! Staff were extremely nice. Was able to leave my belongs in storage whilst I went on a 2 day tour. When I returned after the 2nd day, I was able to use the amenities before my bus collected me at 10pm. I paid 10 Soles to use the shower after my tour which was worth it 😃

I had a nice stay here. Was only there for a night and wanted to relax after a few sleepless bus rides and tours. They gave me a 4 bed doorm with ensuite and I was all by myself, which was great! First time I had watched TV in weeks, that was fun. Internet was surprisingly good. The shower was lukewarm at best (yes, I know which knob to turn for hot water), but since I was used to showering in cold water for the last few weeks, it was ok.

Breakfast is good, even if there was no coffee at the second day! only the definition of hot water is different from the european definition!

Good hotel in the middle of Puno. Very clean, staff is nice and gave me my room already at 5am :-). Hot shower is okay, pressure is low. It seems safe and everything but there was not always somebody present at the reception. This got kinda weird when I left my luggage there until my bus left. Nevertheless, nothing happened and I would gladly stay here again. Great value for the buck.

This place is a little strange. It's more like a hotel/restaurant/store/frat house than a hostel. The rooms are clean and spacious and the staff is nice, but there were a couple of interesting aspects. The pizza oven sometimes smokes up the common room, the staff let friends come over to use the Internet and TV and stare at guests, and keys are left in dorm doors after cleaning. The shower is not always hot, but the breakfast is decent and it's close to the Plaza. Stay here for something simple

It was very helpful to have 24hr reception. However, I only met one member of staff who spoke English and this led to some miscommunication about booking bus tickets. The room was rather cold.

Very quiet hostel, friendly staff

Really Nice place, and the staff was really helpful. It's more a hotel than hostel. We stayed in a two person room with private bathroom, which was clean and with hot water. Wifi works perfect and breakfast is simple but Oke.

• 25th Mar 2015

The people running this hostel are lovely and friendly. It is perfectly located for exploring Puno. Our room was very clean. However the double beds are very small and the pillows are rock hard! Breakfast is standard tea/coffee and bread.

I booked a 4 bed dorm but had a room to myself as it was during quiet season. Staff really friendly. Perfect if staying in Puno for a night or two