Lucky your House Reviews

Av Titicaca 144, Puno, Peru

Had a wonderful stay here. Was lucky to get a 4 bed room to myself. With a double bed in it! Had a restful sleep. Wifi was good and the showers were hot! Staff were extremely nice. Was able to leave my belongs in storage whilst I went on a 2 day tour. When I returned after the 2nd day, I was able to use the amenities before my bus collected me at 10pm. I paid 10 Soles to use the shower after my tour which was worth it 😃

Breakfast is good, even if there was no coffee at the second day! only the definition of hot water is different from the european definition!

Good hotel in the middle of Puno. Very clean, staff is nice and gave me my room already at 5am :-). Hot shower is okay, pressure is low. It seems safe and everything but there was not always somebody present at the reception. This got kinda weird when I left my luggage there until my bus left. Nevertheless, nothing happened and I would gladly stay here again. Great value for the buck.

This place is a little strange. It's more like a hotel/restaurant/store/frat house than a hostel. The rooms are clean and spacious and the staff is nice, but there were a couple of interesting aspects. The pizza oven sometimes smokes up the common room, the staff let friends come over to use the Internet and TV and stare at guests, and keys are left in dorm doors after cleaning. The shower is not always hot, but the breakfast is decent and it's close to the Plaza. Stay here for something simple

It was very helpful to have 24hr reception. However, I only met one member of staff who spoke English and this led to some miscommunication about booking bus tickets. The room was rather cold.

Really Nice place, and the staff was really helpful. It's more a hotel than hostel. We stayed in a two person room with private bathroom, which was clean and with hot water. Wifi works perfect and breakfast is simple but Oke.

• 25th Mar 2015

The people running this hostel are lovely and friendly. It is perfectly located for exploring Puno. Our room was very clean. However the double beds are very small and the pillows are rock hard! Breakfast is standard tea/coffee and bread.

I booked a 4 bed dorm but had a room to myself as it was during quiet season. Staff really friendly. Perfect if staying in Puno for a night or two

These people are the most helpful people in all of Puno. We arrived 10 minutes before the tours began and he got us onto a tour to the islands and they came 5 minutes later put our stuff in the storage. I was also sick that evening and they called the doctor to come to the hostel, they paid or it as well because my credit card wasn't working and I repaid them after I was able to withdraw.

After many days in the deserts of Chile and Bolivia, this hostal was a GOD SEND! Blazing hot showers (towels included), great upload wifi speed for pictures, friendly staff! The lady receptionist spoke decent English too :) Fresh fruit with breakfast, and all-day coffee and cocoa tea. My bathroom had a musty smell to it, and lack of communal kitchen keeps away the perfect score. Worth every soles!

• 20th Jan 2015

They were very helpful, provided Coca Tea all day and informed me of the area, what to see and what tours were available.

Very friendly and attentive staff who looked after me and booked all the tours I needed. The facilities are clean and very tidy. next to the main square it is very convenient. Would recommend to any backpacker staying over in Puno for a night or two

Definitely more of a hotel than a hostel, but a wonderfully calm place to stay if you're looking for some rest and recharching. A few blocks from the main square (where all the restaurants and tourist shops are) and a nice 10 minute walk down the the lake shore. Very kind and helpful staff! Would stay here again!!

I loved this hostel. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. When I arrived the owner was there at the door to greet me by name and carry my bags. It's located just a few blocks from the main square, it's very clean and the breakfast is great! Highly recommended!

The hostel is located very nearby the main plaza. It had a few WIFI-problems but those were resolved very quickly. Also, the staff is very helpful in booking any tours which can be done the next day or even on the same day. Breakfast was also very delicious. They serve 24/7 coca tea for free! Rooms were not big but clean! I was even able to get into my room straight away and get some sleep despite my 5am arrival!

Family-run hotel, well located and cozy. The owners are really nice! They can answer all your questions on Puno and surroundings, arrange tours with no markup, arrange laundry, taxi etc. No special atmosphere since it's more a hotel than a hostel. Anyway, I enjoyed my stay and can definitely recommend this place.

More a hotel that hostel...