Luka's Lodge Reviews

Lu'ica b.b. 21450, Hvar, Croatia

Only stayed one night here but the staff are super friendly. Upon arrival we were greeted with banana and 1.5l cold water after long hike. This makes me happy.

Luka is what made this hostel! He is SO nice! Honestly reminded me so much of my dad. He welcomed us with snacks and drinks and gave us the rundown of Hvar. He just wants everyone to have a good time! He made phone calls to inquire about tours we wanted to do. Everyone who stayed was really nice. About an eight minute walk to the city centre, but it's nice because it's quiet at night (Luka makes sure of that) and you can sleep! It was my friend's birthday there and he made sure it was special.

Great clean new beds anD pillows, ac was working good. Can't be blasting music late, maybe not the best choice if your looking for a crazy party place. Overall amazing stay! Staffs super helpful and nice.

The staff were delightful - so welcoming and helpful at all times, I would highly recommend staying with these wonderful hosts

Luka's Lodge is the only hostel to consider in Hvar. Luka and his staff are extremely accommodating and helpful; for example, Luka helped arrange a skipper for my group when all boats that day were booked. Upon arrival he will help map out the town and give recommendations on activities, restaurants, bars, etc. which all turned out to be as good as he said. Don't stay anywhere else!

Absolutely amazing staff!! A wonderful and homey hostel.

• 25th Jul 2015

Most friendly staff ever

Been there 3 times over 6 years and plan to keep on coming.

• 23rd Jul 2015
  • Croatia

Great value hostel with friendly helpful staff. Recommended

This was the best hostel I've stayed in! The rooms were as good as hotel rooms and the facilities were great. The best thing however was the staff. Not only were they very welcoming and friendly, they also looked after me when I fell ill, despite already checking out. If I return to Hvar I will stay here again.

• 19th Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The place is a bit out of the old town in a residential area. The front deck has a beautiful view that is definitely worth walking up the stairs. The staff were all very friendly and excellent at helping to set up events, excursions, rentals etc. You could do a lot worse on Hvar.

Really great hostel, beds are comfy, rooms have aircon, and showers are sweet. The staff are amazing! Luka takes time to speak to every new arrival and show them a map and give tips on where to go, and everyone is just super helpful and friendly. It is quite expensive, but other than that everything was fab.

Luka is awesome, super helpful and friendly. The lodge has a great location. Beds are comfortable, but our bathroom was pretty dirty and didn't have any hot water

The staff here were great, and its a good social Hostel, with a bunch of us going roaming around the night spots on each night of my stay. Coom was clean and had what you needed from a base.

I loved everything about Lukas, because he has put so much effort into ensuring that everyone feels comfortable for their stay, they have everything they need, and feel comfortable asking for anything.

This lodge was extremely expensive. Luka was nice and helpful, but for the price we expected more. Wifi barely worked

I had a great stay here. Friendly and helpful staff, quick walk to the centre, bbq party was great - I couldn't ask for more!

Little far from the centre but nice views. Bedding comfortable and clean. Bathrooms were dirty.

I stayed in one of the private rooms which are a few minutes down the steet from the main building. The room was pretty basic , but OK. Luka came to the bus station to pick me up the night I arrived. I hadn't been informed that he would come meet me, so I took a taxi up to the hostel. He seemed a bit annoyed that I hadn't looked for him at the bus station, but I had no idea they were coming.

Great hostel with great staff! The location is 5-10 minutes to the "central" and 5 min to nearest swimming area. + Amazing team working there. They help you with all you want whenever you want and they are almost "too" friendly. + Good location with nice rooms + Free fruits and coffee + The little extra things like having a barbecue party - Maybe we were unlucky, but our bathroom was pretty smelly all the time - Actually I think it's a little bit too expensive.

• 8th Jul 2015