Luka's Lodge Reviews

Lu'ica b.b. 21450, Hvar, Croatia

Absolutely amazing staff!! A wonderful and homey hostel.

• 25th Jul 2015

Most friendly staff ever

Been there 3 times over 6 years and plan to keep on coming.

• 23rd Jul 2015
  • Croatia

This was the best hostel I've stayed in! The rooms were as good as hotel rooms and the facilities were great. The best thing however was the staff. Not only were they very welcoming and friendly, they also looked after me when I fell ill, despite already checking out. If I return to Hvar I will stay here again.

• 19th Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The place is a bit out of the old town in a residential area. The front deck has a beautiful view that is definitely worth walking up the stairs. The staff were all very friendly and excellent at helping to set up events, excursions, rentals etc. You could do a lot worse on Hvar.

Really great hostel, beds are comfy, rooms have aircon, and showers are sweet. The staff are amazing! Luka takes time to speak to every new arrival and show them a map and give tips on where to go, and everyone is just super helpful and friendly. It is quite expensive, but other than that everything was fab.

Luka is awesome, super helpful and friendly. The lodge has a great location. Beds are comfortable, but our bathroom was pretty dirty and didn't have any hot water

I couldn't be more disappointed in Luka's. I've had friends who raved about how wonderful Luka's was ("the best hostel in the world!" they said) but my experience was very negative. Luka burst into my room one morning, woke up three of us, and told us we had a half hour to get our stuff together and "get out" so a group checking in could stay together. When we obliged our new room wasn't even ready and we were told to go just for a walk. Unacceptable. Plus WiFi/hot water didn't really work ever.

I had a great stay here. Friendly and helpful staff, quick walk to the centre, bbq party was great - I couldn't ask for more!

Little far from the centre but nice views. Bedding comfortable and clean. Bathrooms were dirty.

I stayed in one of the private rooms which are a few minutes down the steet from the main building. The room was pretty basic , but OK. Luka came to the bus station to pick me up the night I arrived. I hadn't been informed that he would come meet me, so I took a taxi up to the hostel. He seemed a bit annoyed that I hadn't looked for him at the bus station, but I had no idea they were coming.

Great hostel with great staff! The location is 5-10 minutes to the "central" and 5 min to nearest swimming area. + Amazing team working there. They help you with all you want whenever you want and they are almost "too" friendly. + Good location with nice rooms + Free fruits and coffee + The little extra things like having a barbecue party - Maybe we were unlucky, but our bathroom was pretty smelly all the time - Actually I think it's a little bit too expensive.

• 8th Jul 2015
  • Sweden

Great place to stay. If you want to meet others it's easy, but if you want quiet you can easily have that too. We enjoyed it so much we decided to extend our stay. We had private 3 bedrooms and the hostel actually felt like a hotel. I plan to be back in Hvar, and when I do come back I'll probably stay here again.

Rooms were a little small however staff were very friendly and good value for money.

Very kind and knowledgeable staff

What a fantastic spot! Luka and his staff are outstanding, as they are always ready to help and always with a smile. I highly recommend this spot to people of all ages.

Lisa's lodge was great, although I would try to add stricter policy with how noisy you can be as it's not great trying to sleep when people party in the room next to you till 4 AM with music. Wifi was average at times. Other than that the staff where amazing and incredibly helpful, location was great and rooms where on point.

Luka, the owner, gives the place an personality and warmth I have never experienced before in lodging. Luka, with his funny broken English, dotes after his guests taking care of their needs along with giving them big hugs and smiles. Luka raises the concept of hospitality to a new quantum level. I have stayed at a lot of high end hotels in my days but I would rather be at Luka's. If you go to Hvar, even if you do not stay at Luka's Lodge you should at least stop by and meet Luka.

• 2nd Jul 2015
  • Couple, 41+

It really was as great as everyone says. The staff was so nice, especially Minka. I felt comfortable from the first moments there :) My bathroom started out nice, but after 4 other people showered in it, it was so clean. But that was a function of the other guests, not the team there. I will definitely do back!

• 2nd Jul 2015

Nice clean hostel in a good location. Luka himself is only too happy to help, a really friendly guy. Would go back!

« first « Prev 1 2 3