Luka's Lodge Reviews

Lu'ica b.b. 21450, Hvar, Croatia

Luka was an unbelieveabley good host. He was more than welcoming and made us feel right at home. His wealth of knowledge and willingness to help with ANYTHING was second to none - the best I have ever come across. The hostel is large and clean with plenty of places to chill. I cannot say one bad word about our stay or the hospitality we recieved.

Hvar is a ghost town for backpackers in the low season. But Luka is so welcoming and made sure I enjoyed my time there to the fullest! The rooms are large with very comfortable beds. Awesome and large outdoor kitchen and large bathroom as well, stocked with Luka's homemade olive oil. I had a lovely couple days there.

Our stay at Lucas lodge was really good! I strongly recommend it to all people. Not only where the staff there friendly and willing to help so was luka. We had an incident in the town and luka was straight onto helping us sort out the problem! Anyone second guessing to stay at this place should think again it was deffinitly one of the best places we have stayed during our experience in Europe !

• 3rd Oct 2015

Luka and staff were fabulous the entire stay. Home away from home with an incredible bbq on one of our nights. Highly recommend Great bathrooms. Great beds and so so clean

This is the second time I stayed at Luka's lodge. The first was last year with my two buddies and again a few days ago with my girlfriend. It's the perfect spot! This time Luka greated us himself and presented me with a bottle of local wine as a thank u for staying their again. The rooms are clean and the staff is very friendly. Luka is extremely helpful and even offered to give us a free ride to a few places. He's a wealth of knowledge and if you need to rent anything in town he will hook u up.

• 26th Sep 2015

Had a great stay there. The common area is in the front which makes meeting people very handy, I would totally recommend this place and if I ever return Hvar I will stay here.

The best place I stayed in my europe trip. The room is confortable, the shower is good and the staff is very kind. Luka made a barbecue night and a fish night, both for free. The Atmosphere is great, especially to the solo travers. Its definitely a party hostel. About 10 minutes to the main street, but the walk is pretty easy. Very recommend!!!

When I first arrived the room was really dirty. However, this was because the previous guests had checked out super late (the staff too nice to kick them out on time) & the cleaning hadn't taken place yet. Soon after the guests left, the room was quickly cleaned along with the bathroom which was great. Bathroom gets dirty easily and smells a little - maybe because I shared with lots of men! But spacious rooms and great recommendations for sunset. Luka also gave me a free bottle of lavender oil!

We had such a blast at Luka's Lodge. Really nice, air conditioned rooms, great outside area to hang out with other guests, and Luka was willing to help is with everything we needed or wanted. Thank you Luka!! :)

• 17th Sep 2015

Great stay! My friend and I stayed 2 nights in Luka's Lodge and could not have been happier. We were greeted by Milla who spent time pointing out the sights on Hvar. The rooms were clean & spacious, and there was a nice common balcony area with a nice view. For our second night Luka organized a delicious *free* burger night for the guests which was a lot of fun. Also there were great little things like letting us shower after we checked out, & use of free beach towels. Highly recommended!

• 16th Sep 2015

Luka and Mila were great hosts, engaging, helpful and plain nice. Because only one house was operating, there weren't a lot of people so we got to meet almost everyone which was nice. Location is good, quite central and close to a Konzum. The terrace and open kitchen are great for socializing and chillaxing. And thanks Luka for organizing the burger night, was really lovely! Pozdrav iz Edinburgha!

Great hostel! The atmosphere was amazing and Luka is the nicest person. He tells you everything about the island and gives you plenty ideas of what to do! If you get enough people to sign up for it he even makes you a barbecue!! Good for lone travellers as well!

Luka is the nicest guy you will ever meet. Fixes everything, arranges barbeques, sets up excursions and knows everything and everyone on the island. The staff is also great and very friendly.

Luka's is a great spot I highly recommend it to any traveler. We were a group of 3 friends and rented a private deluxe room with a bathroom. The room was good size and the bathroom was clean. The social aspect of the hostel is a bunch of fellow travelers/ backpackers having drinks and preparing to go out on the town. Luka the owner is really helpful with food & activity recommendations. We wanted to go out on a boat so he called around town and hooked it up for you.

• 7th Sep 2015

We had an amazing stay at Luka's lodge, Hvar was our favourite place in Croatia. Luke is a legend too.

Prior to staying here we'd had a very disappointing experience in another hostel on the island. As inconvenient as that was it had the best effect that we ended up at Luka's Hostel. Definitely the best outcome. It was clean and comfortable. Lukas' family and staff were friendly and helpful. We met friendly chilled out travellers. And Lukas himself was very kind, very helpful and went above and beyond to make sure we had a good stay. I'll definitely go back.

Luka is awesome and so caring. Staff is laid back and super helpful. We stayed in a private room in a house 50m down the road. Was clean and comfy!

Staff really kinda and nice.. bedrooms, baths all very clean! The outside grill and table, so people can get together is very gathering!

One of the best Hostels I've ever been to in my life. You can choose either a quiet stay in your own apartement or a nice full of activities stay in the common area, in which you are allowed to put your own music, cook, have a BBQ and get to know the other clients. I stayed there 2 nights during september and I can tell Luka and his staff make everything possible to make you feel at home and to make you have the best stay ever at Hvar.

top notch. lucas the owner is a great guy and does everything possible for one to enjoy their stay

« first « Prev 1 2 3