Luka's Lodge Reviews

Lu'ica b.b. 21450, Hvar, Croatia

It really was as great as everyone says. The staff was so nice, especially Minka. I felt comfortable from the first moments there :) My bathroom started out nice, but after 4 other people showered in it, it was so clean. But that was a function of the other guests, not the team there. I will definitely do back!

• 2nd Jul 2015

We stayed in the twin private and it was the best room I've had for the last 1.5 months in Croatia. Great internet, little kitchen with refrigerator, private bathroom, personal kitchen table and closet. It was a great place to chill for a couple of days. With the hostel just across the street it was the perfect mix of private space and access to party/socialize.

Luka is warm and very, very chatty. The other staff are also very helpful. One of them helped us print our train tickets for the next leg of the journey. Lots of friendly travellers passing through! The room we stayed in wasn't in the main building, but was just down the street -- very nice building, clean rooms.

Met with a warm welcoming and shown all the good places to go and activities to do on the map provided. Free tea and coffee. Two kitchens, one indoors and another outdoors like a BBQ socialising area. Rooms were clean and spacious. Very comfortable beds. Only a five minute walk from the main port. Excellent value for money. Really friendly and helpful staff. Great relaxed happy atmosphere. Would recommend staying here!

Great place to stay. Everyone was really helpful, they even called up and arranged for our own little boat hire. Would stay again.

I loved staying at Luka's Lodge. From the moment we arrived we were treated very well by the staff and other guests. Luka and his staff are very helpful with anything and everything you might need. It is a very community centered hostel, which I love, so I met lots of amazing people during my stay. It's only a beautiful 10 minute walk into the center and the location of the actual hostel is very quiet so it's a good mix. I would definitely recommend everyone to stay here!

Luka and staff were so amazing and accommodating. They take care of you like family, listen to Luka he knows the best things to do in Hvar. The facilities were amazing and clean. It was quite and cool at night and a quick walk to anywhere you wanted to go. Luka's lodge is the best hostel I have ever stayed in.

• 16th Jun 2015

I would recommend this place to anyone! I booked for one night and ended up staying 5!! The staff are really welcoming and friendly, they will help you with anything. The location is beautiful, there is plenty of things to do in Hvar, so I would consider staying at least 2-3 nights if I was you! And the hostel itself has a great atmosphere for meeting people, great for lone travellers or making lots of friends! We had bbqs and went out nearly every night. 20/10 for Luka's Lodge!

Amazing staff, like and his staff made our stay. Hooked us up with boats, free burger night and even went out of there way to set up the Champions League for us outside! Could not say enough good things. Highly, highly recommend. Great A/C aswell!

Staying at Lukas was like arriving at a long lost uncles house. All the staff were super friendly and helpful. Free coffee and fruit in the morning and they even had a complimentary burger party on the weekend(they were amazing). Luka also has the hookup for everything in town so if you want to do something he probably can get you a deal, such as renting boats or restaurant recommendations, free shots at the bar. Also the rooms had air conditioning.10/10 would recommend to anyone visiting Hvar.

Staff were brilliant !

Lukas lodge was a great stay. The staff was amazing especially Z. We met such great people, it's a great place if you want to socialize on your trip to Croatia. Hvar was such a beautiful island! I would highly recommend for anyone who wants to stay here for a cheap price but good atmosphere! the staff took us out the first night and showed us the nightlife and we ordered pizza that came extremely fast. Also a big plus, they serve beer! We love you Lukas Lodge, hopefully see you soon!

• 30th May 2015

Luka was very kind and nice. Our room was very clean and cozy. I wion't forget Luka's lodge.

• 29th May 2015
  • South Korea

Definitely enjoyed my stay here! Luka and his staff are friendly and hospitable. The rooms were clean with an ensuite bathroom and secure lockers. Bed linens provided. We ate at Lungo Mare and the food was fantastic! 5 mins walk to the harbour and Old Town. Thanks for a great time in Hvar!

This hostel is gorgeous. It's more like a lodge though. The twin, double and single rooms were taken most of the time whereas the dorms were mostly empty. So if you travel by yourself, you should book a dorm - especially before or after peak season. The staff was very lovely and always happy to chat if there was the time. Luka - the owner - once took us all on a free tour to the place where he grew up, showed us how Lavenda is harvested and olive oil is made. Afterwards, we had BBQ together.

Where to start! What a fantastic host! Luka goes above and beyond to make your stay as enjoyable and stress free as possible. He made BBQs for guests, gave free tours and even gave all the guests a lift to the port when it rained. Rooms are clean and comfortable and common areas are great for socialising. Supermarket and old town is a 5 minute walk away so your close enough to enjoy nightlife but far enough away not to hear it. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and will be returning!

Excellent hostel, Brilliant, one of the best hostel I ever stayed. Luka and the staff were very friendly. BBQ is delicious. The rooms are nice and clean with the aircondition. Also the island tour organized by Luka is OK. Great place to stay!!! Definitely recommend staying here to others!.

Luka and his team make you feel really welcome. They are happy to make time to show you the best places to visit or just to have a chat. Rooms are clean and they do a good laundry service - even ironed a couple of my shirts. The place is also convenient for the town centre being about a 10 minute walk away and was quiet enough to get a decent night's sleep. They also let me eat lunch with them one-time which was a bonus. Would recommend this hostel without hesitation.

Our stay at Lukas Lodge was THE best on our 5 week Eurotrip. The staff was amazing and so eager to help us get around the island (via directions, direct drives by Luka for no cost and taking us out on the town) They were also just amazingly friendly and made our stay in Hvar so enjoyable. The accommodation itself was very clean and spacious with an open barbecue and full kitchen outside to cook on which is great for big groups trying to save some cash on dinners. Could not recommend this more.

• 14th May 2015

I currently work for a study abroad program in Austria and I ALWAYS recommend Luka's Lodge to the students traveling to Hvar. Having had the opportunity to stay with him while visiting the island a few years ago I was impressed with his friendliness and hospitality. Luka has a remarkable ability of making friends out of strangers and is always on the lookout to make your stay comfortable. It's like coming home to a family member. I HIGHLY recommend him!

• 9th May 2015