Luka's Lodge Reviews

Lu'ica b.b. 21450, Hvar, Croatia

belle auberge avec Luka qui donne plein d'instructions ! bien situé évidemment en haut de "quelques" marches ... sinon,prenez le contrôle de la télécommande de l'air climatisé si vous voulez qu'il soit allumé durant la nuit !!

Very nice place to stay - my friend was ill and Luka drove her to the hospital and sorted out ferries for us . Staff lovely and very helpful. Would definitely stay here again

Stay was ok. The "only problem" was that showers and taps coulnd't be used because there was a problem with electricity: electroshocks when i touched the water. Staff -aware of this- suggested to go to another bathroom, in another floor. We were not the only dorm with this same issue, not solved since i don't know when.

Best hostel we have stayed in. Luka is a a amazing host and will do anything to make your stay enjoyable. Great outside communal area with a BBQ for drinking.

Nice place! Mixed bag when I stayed on meeting people but is a social hostel! Like the location out of town but closer to the beach and not too far! Staff really friendly and helpful! Homely feel and very comfortable!

A pleasant hostel in a good location. Social, met some great people here. Security is great, big lockers and locks on doors. Friendly staff. Ensuite bathroom not very clean, and constantly running out of toilet paper.

Everything was excellent! Luka and the staff are very helpful, the location and the room are great - I would definitely recommend this Hostel to anyone visiting Hvar.

Had a great stay in Hvar. The hostel is a short walk from everything on the island - but it's a small island so it's hard to be in a bad spot. They host a get together every night before taking you down to the bars - not much after that, but it's not hard to find a good time in Hvar. Would definitely recommend.

This was my third time at Luka's and probably not my last. There is a great selection of rooms, all clean and spacious and perfectly located in Hvar. Luka is lovely and always ready to give people advice and tips for their stay in Hvar.

Honestly the best hostel experience I've ever had and will probably ever had. Amazing staff, Luka definitely tries to give his visitors the best time in Hvar and location is phenomenal. 10's across the board!

• 29th Aug 2015

Loved our stay here. stayed in twin room with shared bathroom which we had no problems with. Very helpful &friendly staff, always around if you need something. Free juice, water, coffee biscuits & fruit which you just help yourself to! Met loads of people as everyone meets on the communal balcony on a night & goes out together with the staff! Good location, 5 minutes from everything. Quiet on a night. Luka is lovely, he gave us a lift to the bus on our last day so we didn't have to walk!

Not to far from the city, this place is great if you want to meet people. Each night they have an organized pub crawl with the people from the hostel so if you're a solo traveller like me, its the perfect activities to make new encounters. Sometimes it can get a little bit loud because of the drinking so it could suck if you just want to go to sleep.

Great! We had a private two-bed room with an ensuite bathroom so it almost felt like a hotel. The staff was very accomodating and helpful. Gave us some good suggestions on things to do on the island. Nice location, too!

Lovely hostel, we were a couple who stayed in one of the private room apartments which was just down the road from the actual reception. The atmosphere was warm and friendly when we arrived and the hostel is near the port, just a few mins walk from where you actually get off the ferry so is perfect. Nice views out over Hvar as well, would recommend.

• 21st Aug 2015

I spent 3 days in Luka's Lodge and the experience was fantastic.The location is perfect, only 5 minutes walk from the port, and 10 from the main square.The atmosphere in the hostel is great, and the staff is really helpful, nice and cheerful! There are some maps and country guides available all the time and information on demand for trips, restaurants, etc. A pub crawl is organised almost everynight, quite interesting ;-) They also provide free coffee, juice,fruits and biscuits in the morning

Luka and the staff are absolutely amazing, especially Minka who ran the show. Nothing was too much for them. It was clear that they had 1 goal in mind which was too make sure everyone staying there was happy. There is such a great balance of an ambience for those looking to go party and respect for those who are sleeping. Our apartment was very nice and simple. We got shower towels and beach towels. Every day there were all different fruit. It is a 5 min walk to centre. Highly recommend it!!

• 21st Aug 2015
  • South Africa

Very average place.. What pissed me off was arriving home at 2am after a night out to find a note on my door saying the staff have moved me to another room! At 2am!! That's just plain rude! Moved my bag, opened my locker and gathered all my belongings and move it without my consent!

I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone looking to stay in Hvar-particularly for people between the ages of 18-30 as the atmosphere is brilliant and value for money is great. It is a short walk away from most things and the staff are very friendly and helpful and even run a pub crawl every evening which is brilliant fun! Thank you Lukas Lodge!

• 20th Aug 2015

It was annoying that after two nights we had to move apartment. We had massive heavy suitcases that we kept having to drag up and down stairs whilst the staff watched. Freezing cold showers. Rooms really small.

This was a fantastic place to stay. I booked a double bed private and it turned out to be an apartment with our own kitchen and place to sit outside. The staff were really friendly and can organise boat tours and day trips. We just wished we'd been staying longer in the beautiful Hvar.