Luka's Lodge Reviews

Lu'ica b.b. 21450, Hvar, Croatia

This is my second time staying at Luka's and I'll definitely be back! It's a really chilled hostel with a great outdoor area for pre-drinks and chatting to the other guests. Luka is really accommodating and his traditional dinner is something not to be missed!

Me and my friend stayed here for 4 nights and loved it! The staff are so nice. Luka picked us up late at night from the ferry. And the hostel rep Chris is such a nice guy aswell. We had pre drinks all together every night before going out! It such a fun time, there was a great atmosphere! we couldn't have asked for anything more!

Luka and company were very helpful with giving us ideas of what to do with our limited time on Hvar. Would definitely stay with them again.

Luka's lodge was such good value for money - Luka was very hospitalable and helpful. We had a wonderful 3 days in Hvar with the main centre only a 5 min walk and the same to the beach where hired boats and snorkels. Fully recomend to those that want a simple apartment as a base within easy reach of amenities. The hostel had a great atmosphere for meeting new people and socialising in the hostel for pre drinks and in the town!

• 13th Jun 2014

Very good stay at Luka's Lodge !! Chris was extremely welcoming at our arrival and Luka was very helpful throughout our stay. He helped me prepare my fish for the barbecue and found us a very nice place to stay in Korcula for the next morning.. We had rented a private room and were given an appartment instead for the same price (2 bedrooms, kitchen, wifi, terrasse) right next door with full access to the main building's facilities. I will definitely stay there if I am back in Hvar. Thank you !!!

• 12th Jun 2014

this hostel is amazing and definitely the best in hvar. staff was super friendly and so great. a really genuine family runs this. luka offered to pick up breakfast for me at the grocery store when he went and made us a fish dinner in the evening. Rooms are clean and have lots of space. huge kitchen area, great terrace. met tons of great social people, and the hostel is a really good location. highly recommend this as one of the best hostels i've ever stayed in, anywhere.

• 4th Jun 2014

I had booked a room just for myself and ended up with a room all to myself, it had 2 single beds, along with a shower in the room. The view was great and the location could not be better. The island is not very big but the Lodge is right in the middle of where you want to be. You can quickly get to the town center for restaurants, bars, boats, etc.. and there is an amazing beach in a bay. The Lodge sits between that bay and the town center. There is a restaurant and pizza shop around the block.

Had lovely time.at lukas lodge would definitely recommend.it.

Very welcoming team and I has a great introduction to Hvar. I stayed in the single room, which was clean. However, in view of how small it was, I would have appreciated a small wardrobe as opposed to the set of drawers that was present (which I didn't use). This i a minor issue, but the only one I can think of.

Positives: Great atmosphere (guests are taken out for drinks at the local bar each night by Chris; if you want an early night, this means it's usually quiet by around 10pm as everyone has left); great facilities (each dorm gets it's own fridge/freezer, there are ovens in the communal kitchen and showers are good). Also Luka will pick you up from the bus station which is good if you have large bags. Negatives: wifi is dodgy, especially in the dorms.

I cannot day enough good things about Lukas Lodge, honestly. Best place I've stayed in Europe so far and I have stayed at quite a few. Luka is the most friendly and eager man who catered to everything we needed. I stayed much longer than I intended simply because of this well run business. Much love for Luka.

A fun hostel! Fresh fruit and coffee in the mornings and luka sits you down with a map and gives you all the info you need for hvar. Every night there are people sitting in the common area pre drinking then headed out to the bar so there's no shortage of partying if you want it. Despite that it was pretty quiet still! We would definitely return.

• 23rd May 2014

Luka was so helpful! He has a lot of knowledge of the town and answers to all of your questions. He will sit down with you in the morning over a cup of coffee and map out your whole day with you. "Family-style" BBQs happen every once in a while for a reasonable price. There was a good mix of travelers to talk, eat, drink with most of them using Luka's as a launchpad for the evening activities. Luka really makes you feel at home and might even send you off with a special gift at the end!

Luka's Lodge is in a great location and the room itself was away from the main hostel and was more like a serviced apartment. Staff were helpful and friendly + good hostel vibe. The one stain on the stay was when some random walked into our apt without knocking, went into the bedroom and walked in on my wife while I was in the shower! I complained to staff tho and they were helpful in fixing the problem by providing an extra key and a bottle of wine as an apology - all good, we'd stay again.

Lukas lodge had really nice staff and was minutes from town. Luka organized a fish barbecue the night we were there and it was amazing! They also plan nights out for all of their guests. Definitely a great hostel to meet people at.

Had a great time at Luka's! Great staff, very social atmosphere and clean facilities. Will most definitely be recommending and hopefully returning in the future!

• 19th May 2014

Very friendly, decent location, very comfy beds in our apartment!

• 18th May 2014

Luka was amazing! Very informative and accommodating. We only stayed for one night, but wished we could have extended our visit! The staff made great suggestions about what to do and where to eat in Hvar. Luka even offered to drive us to nearby stali grad to catch a ferry if we had any schedule conflicts with the bus! Our room, 4 bed dorm with ensuite, was small but clean and comfortable! Overall the facilities and staff were great!

Great hostel to stay in. Very welcoming. Sorta felt like my grandma's house, but not boring! Met great people, partied hard but also got a good night's sleep. Chris was unique to the hostel-the designated alcoholic Australian (as they called him) who took us our every night to the bars. Definitely recommend this hostel!

Luka love his job and he is an excellent host. Staff is also kind and supportive. The 4-bed room I stayed was really small and there was only one eletricity plug. But clean and soft towels were a nice courtesy. If you're travelling with huge bags, ask Luka to give you a ride. Although the hostel has an excellent location, Hvar has a "complicated" topography and there are some steps until the lodge. Atmosphere is great!