Luka's Lodge Reviews

Lu'ica b.b. 21450, Hvar, Croatia

Had an amazing stay here. The location was very close to the port, we were welcomed as soon as we got there, they had daily pub crawls which were brilliant. Really annoyed we only got to stay here one night.

An amazing place to stay!

Having read the reviews before booking I had pretty high expectations. I was not disappointed. On arrival we got a very warm welcome from Luka who was more than happy to recommend things to do or places to visit. We booked into a twin room which was spacious, clean and even had a fridge and hob. Every night there are pre drinks and the option to head into Hvar town to the bars with the rest of the hostel meaning we met a lot of really cool people. Would definitely recommend the hostel to anyone.

• 23rd Jun 2014

We had a fantastic stay at Luka's Lodge. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Luka's map directions helped us a lot, and the hostel is located pretty close (5 minute walk) to the harborfront - where basically everything takes place. What made Luka's Lodge special for us was the common area and barbecue where we had an incredible evening eating delicious barbecue made by Luka and played some drinking games with the people we met before going on the awesome pub crawl with Chris.

• 23rd Jun 2014

The location is good but you have to walk a little bit to the city center. The room was very nice but the bathroom in the room was not cleaned during the 3 days that I stayed there. So it was a little bit dirty. The staffs and the owner are very nice people and they help you with whatever you need.

This is my second time staying at Luka's and I'll definitely be back! It's a really chilled hostel with a great outdoor area for pre-drinks and chatting to the other guests. Luka is really accommodating and his traditional dinner is something not to be missed!

Me and my friend stayed here for 4 nights and loved it! The staff are so nice. Luka picked us up late at night from the ferry. And the hostel rep Chris is such a nice guy aswell. We had pre drinks all together every night before going out! It such a fun time, there was a great atmosphere! we couldn't have asked for anything more!

Luka and company were very helpful with giving us ideas of what to do with our limited time on Hvar. Would definitely stay with them again.

Luka's lodge was such good value for money - Luka was very hospitalable and helpful. We had a wonderful 3 days in Hvar with the main centre only a 5 min walk and the same to the beach where hired boats and snorkels. Fully recomend to those that want a simple apartment as a base within easy reach of amenities. The hostel had a great atmosphere for meeting new people and socialising in the hostel for pre drinks and in the town!

• 13th Jun 2014

Very good stay at Luka's Lodge !! Chris was extremely welcoming at our arrival and Luka was very helpful throughout our stay. He helped me prepare my fish for the barbecue and found us a very nice place to stay in Korcula for the next morning.. We had rented a private room and were given an appartment instead for the same price (2 bedrooms, kitchen, wifi, terrasse) right next door with full access to the main building's facilities. I will definitely stay there if I am back in Hvar. Thank you !!!

• 12th Jun 2014

this hostel is amazing and definitely the best in hvar. staff was super friendly and so great. a really genuine family runs this. luka offered to pick up breakfast for me at the grocery store when he went and made us a fish dinner in the evening. Rooms are clean and have lots of space. huge kitchen area, great terrace. met tons of great social people, and the hostel is a really good location. highly recommend this as one of the best hostels i've ever stayed in, anywhere.

• 4th Jun 2014

I had booked a room just for myself and ended up with a room all to myself, it had 2 single beds, along with a shower in the room. The view was great and the location could not be better. The island is not very big but the Lodge is right in the middle of where you want to be. You can quickly get to the town center for restaurants, bars, boats, etc.. and there is an amazing beach in a bay. The Lodge sits between that bay and the town center. There is a restaurant and pizza shop around the block.

Had lovely time.at lukas lodge would definitely recommend.it.

Very welcoming team and I has a great introduction to Hvar. I stayed in the single room, which was clean. However, in view of how small it was, I would have appreciated a small wardrobe as opposed to the set of drawers that was present (which I didn't use). This i a minor issue, but the only one I can think of.

Positives: Great atmosphere (guests are taken out for drinks at the local bar each night by Chris; if you want an early night, this means it's usually quiet by around 10pm as everyone has left); great facilities (each dorm gets it's own fridge/freezer, there are ovens in the communal kitchen and showers are good). Also Luka will pick you up from the bus station which is good if you have large bags. Negatives: wifi is dodgy, especially in the dorms.

I cannot day enough good things about Lukas Lodge, honestly. Best place I've stayed in Europe so far and I have stayed at quite a few. Luka is the most friendly and eager man who catered to everything we needed. I stayed much longer than I intended simply because of this well run business. Much love for Luka.

A fun hostel! Fresh fruit and coffee in the mornings and luka sits you down with a map and gives you all the info you need for hvar. Every night there are people sitting in the common area pre drinking then headed out to the bar so there's no shortage of partying if you want it. Despite that it was pretty quiet still! We would definitely return.

• 23rd May 2014

Luka was so helpful! He has a lot of knowledge of the town and answers to all of your questions. He will sit down with you in the morning over a cup of coffee and map out your whole day with you. "Family-style" BBQs happen every once in a while for a reasonable price. There was a good mix of travelers to talk, eat, drink with most of them using Luka's as a launchpad for the evening activities. Luka really makes you feel at home and might even send you off with a special gift at the end!

Luka's Lodge is in a great location and the room itself was away from the main hostel and was more like a serviced apartment. Staff were helpful and friendly + good hostel vibe. The one stain on the stay was when some random walked into our apt without knocking, went into the bedroom and walked in on my wife while I was in the shower! I complained to staff tho and they were helpful in fixing the problem by providing an extra key and a bottle of wine as an apology - all good, we'd stay again.

Lukas lodge had really nice staff and was minutes from town. Luka organized a fish barbecue the night we were there and it was amazing! They also plan nights out for all of their guests. Definitely a great hostel to meet people at.