Luka's Lodge Reviews

Lu'ica b.b. 21450, Hvar, Croatia

Great place to stay. If you want to meet others it's easy, but if you want quiet you can easily have that too. We enjoyed it so much we decided to extend our stay. We had private 3 bedrooms and the hostel actually felt like a hotel. I plan to be back in Hvar, and when I do come back I'll probably stay here again.

Awesome location, just 5 minutes away from the Port and a short walk to the center. The staff was amazing, we felt great right when we got to the hostel. Everyone was so helpful and knowledgeable, There were lots of trips they could arrange, so you had everything you needed. Clean rooms, cozy and secure. The greatest thing was that, on the day we were leaving, after a long day at the Caves trip, they let us take a shower before leaving Hvar. I would definitely recommend Luka's Lodge.

Rooms were a little small however staff were very friendly and good value for money.

Very kind and knowledgeable staff

What a fantastic spot! Luka and his staff are outstanding, as they are always ready to help and always with a smile. I highly recommend this spot to people of all ages.

Lisa's lodge was great, although I would try to add stricter policy with how noisy you can be as it's not great trying to sleep when people party in the room next to you till 4 AM with music. Wifi was average at times. Other than that the staff where amazing and incredibly helpful, location was great and rooms where on point.

Luka, the owner, gives the place an personality and warmth I have never experienced before in lodging. Luka, with his funny broken English, dotes after his guests taking care of their needs along with giving them big hugs and smiles. Luka raises the concept of hospitality to a new quantum level. I have stayed at a lot of high end hotels in my days but I would rather be at Luka's. If you go to Hvar, even if you do not stay at Luka's Lodge you should at least stop by and meet Luka.

• 2nd Jul 2015
  • Couple, 41+

It really was as great as everyone says. The staff was so nice, especially Minka. I felt comfortable from the first moments there :) My bathroom started out nice, but after 4 other people showered in it, it was so clean. But that was a function of the other guests, not the team there. I will definitely do back!

• 2nd Jul 2015

Nice clean hostel in a good location. Luka himself is only too happy to help, a really friendly guy. Would go back!

The lavender oil is amazing :)

We stayed in the twin private and it was the best room I've had for the last 1.5 months in Croatia. Great internet, little kitchen with refrigerator, private bathroom, personal kitchen table and closet. It was a great place to chill for a couple of days. With the hostel just across the street it was the perfect mix of private space and access to party/socialize.

Luka is warm and very, very chatty. The other staff are also very helpful. One of them helped us print our train tickets for the next leg of the journey. Lots of friendly travellers passing through! The room we stayed in wasn't in the main building, but was just down the street -- very nice building, clean rooms.

Met with a warm welcoming and shown all the good places to go and activities to do on the map provided. Free tea and coffee. Two kitchens, one indoors and another outdoors like a BBQ socialising area. Rooms were clean and spacious. Very comfortable beds. Only a five minute walk from the main port. Excellent value for money. Really friendly and helpful staff. Great relaxed happy atmosphere. Would recommend staying here!

Great place to stay. Everyone was really helpful, they even called up and arranged for our own little boat hire. Would stay again.

Luka and his staff are very helpful and want to make sure you enjoy your stay there. They are very accommodating and helpful. There is a good social atmosphere at this hostel. It is at the top of the hill, so it's not in the heart of the town but it has a great view and it's still a quick walk to town and the beach. Our room very clean when we arrived but was never cleaned during our week long stay.

I loved staying at Luka's Lodge. From the moment we arrived we were treated very well by the staff and other guests. Luka and his staff are very helpful with anything and everything you might need. It is a very community centered hostel, which I love, so I met lots of amazing people during my stay. It's only a beautiful 10 minute walk into the center and the location of the actual hostel is very quiet so it's a good mix. I would definitely recommend everyone to stay here!

Luka and staff were so amazing and accommodating. They take care of you like family, listen to Luka he knows the best things to do in Hvar. The facilities were amazing and clean. It was quite and cool at night and a quick walk to anywhere you wanted to go. Luka's lodge is the best hostel I have ever stayed in.

• 16th Jun 2015

I would recommend this place to anyone! I booked for one night and ended up staying 5!! The staff are really welcoming and friendly, they will help you with anything. The location is beautiful, there is plenty of things to do in Hvar, so I would consider staying at least 2-3 nights if I was you! And the hostel itself has a great atmosphere for meeting people, great for lone travellers or making lots of friends! We had bbqs and went out nearly every night. 20/10 for Luka's Lodge!

I had a great stay here. The owner and staff members were always helpful when needed. They tried organizing events at least every other day. Not a party hostel, but you can always find people to go out with. Wifi was a bit sketchy if you were in a room in the back, but otherwise fine.

Amazing staff, like and his staff made our stay. Hooked us up with boats, free burger night and even went out of there way to set up the Champions League for us outside! Could not say enough good things. Highly, highly recommend. Great A/C aswell!