Luka's Lodge Reviews

Lu'ica b.b. 21450, Hvar, Croatia

Had lovely time.at lukas lodge would definitely recommend.it.

Very welcoming team and I has a great introduction to Hvar. I stayed in the single room, which was clean. However, in view of how small it was, I would have appreciated a small wardrobe as opposed to the set of drawers that was present (which I didn't use). This i a minor issue, but the only one I can think of.

Positives: Great atmosphere (guests are taken out for drinks at the local bar each night by Chris; if you want an early night, this means it's usually quiet by around 10pm as everyone has left); great facilities (each dorm gets it's own fridge/freezer, there are ovens in the communal kitchen and showers are good). Also Luka will pick you up from the bus station which is good if you have large bags. Negatives: wifi is dodgy, especially in the dorms.

I cannot day enough good things about Lukas Lodge, honestly. Best place I've stayed in Europe so far and I have stayed at quite a few. Luka is the most friendly and eager man who catered to everything we needed. I stayed much longer than I intended simply because of this well run business. Much love for Luka.

A fun hostel! Fresh fruit and coffee in the mornings and luka sits you down with a map and gives you all the info you need for hvar. Every night there are people sitting in the common area pre drinking then headed out to the bar so there's no shortage of partying if you want it. Despite that it was pretty quiet still! We would definitely return.

• 23rd May 2014

Luka was so helpful! He has a lot of knowledge of the town and answers to all of your questions. He will sit down with you in the morning over a cup of coffee and map out your whole day with you. "Family-style" BBQs happen every once in a while for a reasonable price. There was a good mix of travelers to talk, eat, drink with most of them using Luka's as a launchpad for the evening activities. Luka really makes you feel at home and might even send you off with a special gift at the end!

Luka's Lodge is in a great location and the room itself was away from the main hostel and was more like a serviced apartment. Staff were helpful and friendly + good hostel vibe. The one stain on the stay was when some random walked into our apt without knocking, went into the bedroom and walked in on my wife while I was in the shower! I complained to staff tho and they were helpful in fixing the problem by providing an extra key and a bottle of wine as an apology - all good, we'd stay again.

Lukas lodge had really nice staff and was minutes from town. Luka organized a fish barbecue the night we were there and it was amazing! They also plan nights out for all of their guests. Definitely a great hostel to meet people at.

Had a great time at Luka's! Great staff, very social atmosphere and clean facilities. Will most definitely be recommending and hopefully returning in the future!

• 19th May 2014

Very friendly, decent location, very comfy beds in our apartment!

• 18th May 2014

Luka was amazing! Very informative and accommodating. We only stayed for one night, but wished we could have extended our visit! The staff made great suggestions about what to do and where to eat in Hvar. Luka even offered to drive us to nearby stali grad to catch a ferry if we had any schedule conflicts with the bus! Our room, 4 bed dorm with ensuite, was small but clean and comfortable! Overall the facilities and staff were great!

Great hostel to stay in. Very welcoming. Sorta felt like my grandma's house, but not boring! Met great people, partied hard but also got a good night's sleep. Chris was unique to the hostel-the designated alcoholic Australian (as they called him) who took us our every night to the bars. Definitely recommend this hostel!

Luka love his job and he is an excellent host. Staff is also kind and supportive. The 4-bed room I stayed was really small and there was only one eletricity plug. But clean and soft towels were a nice courtesy. If you're travelling with huge bags, ask Luka to give you a ride. Although the hostel has an excellent location, Hvar has a "complicated" topography and there are some steps until the lodge. Atmosphere is great!

I don't usually write reviews, but this is one the best hostel I have ever stayed in. Luka is the best possible host, he is really passionate about what he is doing and he just want people around him to feel good. He will greet you with coffee and cookies and tell you everything you need to know about Hvar. Chris, from Australia, also helps him around and he takes backpackers out every night. 300%

Luka's Lodge is an excellent place to stay in Hvar with a magnificent view over the city and the ocean. The owner Luka and his staff Ivona and Biljana are super friendly and very helpful. Luka and Ivona speak excellent English. Luka met us at the bus station and dropped us back there at our departure. He invited us to dinner and cooked a beautiful grill ashed down with his cousins wine, a lovely night. You will not find a better host. Highly recommend Luca's Lodge.

Brilliant stay at Luka's Lodge; Luka is absolutely lovely. He really cares about you having the best time possible when you stay with him. I was picked up from the bus station, a BBQ was thrown as a welcome & I was dropped off at the ferry for the next stage of my trip. He also has a great team of staff at the hostel who are very friendly & helpful. Clean, friendly staff & great facilities. I'd definitely recommend Luka's Lodge as a place to stay in Hvar.

• 1st May 2014