Luka's Lodge Reviews

Lu'ica b.b. 21450, Hvar, Croatia

Luka was amazing! Very informative and accommodating. We only stayed for one night, but wished we could have extended our visit! The staff made great suggestions about what to do and where to eat in Hvar. Luka even offered to drive us to nearby stali grad to catch a ferry if we had any schedule conflicts with the bus! Our room, 4 bed dorm with ensuite, was small but clean and comfortable! Overall the facilities and staff were great!

Great hostel to stay in. Very welcoming. Sorta felt like my grandma's house, but not boring! Met great people, partied hard but also got a good night's sleep. Chris was unique to the hostel-the designated alcoholic Australian (as they called him) who took us our every night to the bars. Definitely recommend this hostel!

Luka love his job and he is an excellent host. Staff is also kind and supportive. The 4-bed room I stayed was really small and there was only one eletricity plug. But clean and soft towels were a nice courtesy. If you're travelling with huge bags, ask Luka to give you a ride. Although the hostel has an excellent location, Hvar has a "complicated" topography and there are some steps until the lodge. Atmosphere is great!

I don't usually write reviews, but this is one the best hostel I have ever stayed in. Luka is the best possible host, he is really passionate about what he is doing and he just want people around him to feel good. He will greet you with coffee and cookies and tell you everything you need to know about Hvar. Chris, from Australia, also helps him around and he takes backpackers out every night. 300%

Luka's Lodge is an excellent place to stay in Hvar with a magnificent view over the city and the ocean. The owner Luka and his staff Ivona and Biljana are super friendly and very helpful. Luka and Ivona speak excellent English. Luka met us at the bus station and dropped us back there at our departure. He invited us to dinner and cooked a beautiful grill ashed down with his cousins wine, a lovely night. You will not find a better host. Highly recommend Luca's Lodge.

Brilliant stay at Luka's Lodge; Luka is absolutely lovely. He really cares about you having the best time possible when you stay with him. I was picked up from the bus station, a BBQ was thrown as a welcome & I was dropped off at the ferry for the next stage of my trip. He also has a great team of staff at the hostel who are very friendly & helpful. Clean, friendly staff & great facilities. I'd definitely recommend Luka's Lodge as a place to stay in Hvar.

• 1st May 2014