Lumiere Hostel Reviews

via Lorenzo Ghiberti 30, Milan, Italy

The hostel was nice but the major issue for me was that there is only only bathroom (which has one toilet and one shower) for all of the dorms. I don't know if any of the other rooms had ensuites but based on the queue for the bathroom each morning I would guess that they don't. The metro was also a fair walk away (about 10 mins) but that wasn't a problem for us as the neighbourhood was nice.

The staff answered quickly to may emails and they waited for me until 01.00am, they told me it is their policy to add an extra 5 euro until midnight since the reception closes at 23.00. I asked that they modify their instruction for directions to their hoste on your sitel. From the airport if you go by bus the easiest way is to get off the stop before the Milano train station, cross the street and take at night there is bus 91 and in 10 min you are at the hostel. The staff was really nice.

• 2nd Sep 2014

Great Hostel, very comfy But only one shower for 30ppl...

Hostel has a lot of potential but has a lot of small things that makes it a below average hostel. Like no soap to wash your hands in the bathroom or a towel/hand dryer to dry them after, have to rent out utensils, no basic stuff to cook with (oil, simple condiments like black pepper etc), no directions on their hostel world description and then very vague directions when you email them to ask them. And also having to share a locker with someone else, which defeats the purpose of a locker.

Located in center milan, 7 min walk from metro station. The building is locked and the location feels safe. The doorms are big enough & comfortable; with lockers, mirror, shelfs. The hostel is very clean and well kept! There's an equipped kitchen, garden, lobbi, belconi & WIFI. The staff was very nice, helpful and patient. speakes good English. the stay was pleasant, Recommended hostel!

• 24th Aug 2014
  • Israel

A bit further away from the city centre than we had expected, but not too bad once we worked it all out.

Great place!! Would definitely stay there again, great staff and very clean facilities!!!

This hostel provided the best atmospere out of all the hostels we've stayed at. The staff are very friendly and do everything they can to help make your stay awesome. The rooms are clean and cool during the summer. The only complaint I have is there was only one bathroom for two rooms but it was clean and large.

• 9th Aug 2014

Well, my thought about that hostel is ambivalent. On one hand, the hostel looks new, is very clean, nice staff, great shower, there's a kitchen you can use, and a TV room where they serve a small breakfast (included). On the other hand - I lost there 100 euros. It might be that someone (from the guests? from the staff?) took it from my wallet during a few minutes when I left it on my bed (huge mistake!). It is really hard to tell where my 100 euros gone, but it was during my stay.

Vorremo ringraziarla per il suo feedback, le cose positive che ha scritto sono molto soddisfacenti e belle, per quanto riguarda allo smarrimento dei soldi vorrei sottolineare che lei si trovava in una camera mista con altre 5 persone, ce un regolamento in foglio A4 in reception oltre che in ogni camera dove ce scritto che gli oggetti di valore non si devono lasciare incustoditi, piuttosto devono essere portati in reception e le teniamo noi come fanno tutti i nostri clienti.mai sparito nulla.

Great staff, great people!

Amazing staff in a clean and new hostel. Higly recommend it.

• 25th Jul 2014