Lumiere Hostel Reviews

via Lorenzo Ghiberti 30, Milan, Italy

Very nice hostel, beautiful garden, very clean!! Joanna and Manuella are really nice and helpful, they shared great stories and an Italian pizza with me :) only thing is you share a locker with other person, but the staff are happy to keep them safe in the reception. The kitchen is not available for cooking all day and reception doesn't work from 11:00 to 14:00. Good hostel!

• 26th Jun 2015
  • Macedonia

I really liked the possibility of eating outside. However, the kitchen itself is incredibly small for more than 2 people in it at the same. Moreover, I was missing the cutlerry - not comfortable to ask for a knife every time you want to eat - and a kettle for making a tea.

• 6th Jun 2015
  • Czech Republic

We had such a great time in Lumiere Hostel! The Garden is very nice and the girl from the staff was so caring and lovely that we felt like at a friends house.

• 1st Jun 2015

Michael was very rude and unkind.

Location is not conducive for travel and check out timings are vague. For example there is no one at the reception from 11 am to 2 pm. We reached at 12:30 pm . So we had to wait on the street till the doors opened.

It was a familiar hostel, good atmosphere, the room was nice but our locker was broken. There was a bathroom in each floor, with a bath and a toilet. The kitchen was nice, with a place to eat and all the material you may need. In the down floor, were reception was, there was a tv and chairs, nice to get on with the people in the hostel. The location was not so good. It's 10 minutes walking to the metro station, and then around 6 stops to the main city station.

The quilt smelled awful, disgusting, I couldn't use it. The bathroom was not cleaned daily, nor the kitchen. I think the common areas were maintained clean by us. The dish detergent was diluted with water, how can you wash the dishes properly like that? I would recommend to put some wipes in the kitchen so we can clean the counter. They require 10 euros deposit that will be returned to you the day of your check out. The personnel get in by 0700 so, if you have to leave earlier than that what?

The staff were very unfriendly and I did not enjoy my stay there at all.

Beds were very uncomfortable unless you enjoy springs digging Into your back, there was no toilet seat on the toilet yet a sign that asked males to lift the seat out of respect for the females and the shower head was broken which made it very difficult to shower but apart from a few poor facilities the staff were friendly and the security was good and the hostel is neat and clean.

The crew doesn't solve ny problem, I made a when I make my reservation, so I call them , talked with the owner. He told me that everything is ok, but when I arrived, they want that I pay 1 day more. So because of that, I get out, and left my deposit back, but for my surprise, they made a debit in my credit card by the nights. So buddies, if you want a peaceful staying, get away from these thieves.

Amazing and friendly staff. Perfect value for money.

I stayed in a four bed dorm. The experience was mediocre at best: nothing pleasing, but nothing truly off either. Pros: fast internet, not too expensive, clean and relatively close to the red metro line (so it's quick to get downtown). Cons: the room and general location was not appealing in any way, the mattress was uncomfortable, they charge for storing luggage, the neighborhood of the hostel itself has nothing to offer except a nice café next to the metro station, the locker was shoddy.

pretty average. Clean rooms, safe with front door locked and large lockers in room. Staff wasn't very helpful and the facilities frustrating: no free breakfast as advertised, no cutelery or napkins or cups in the kitchen and U constantly have to ask for them individually. Kitchen locked at night so no access to my snacks in fridge. Hostel closed from 11am to 2pm so had to wait outside upon arrival. Location quiet like the entire hostel but close to metro station. Blow dryer sucked. Bad beard day