Lumiere Hostel Reviews

via Lorenzo Ghiberti 30, Milan, Italy

Honestly I expected a bit more considering the good reviews. The room was just average, the toilet was not so clean and looked quite old. The lockers can be locked only in couple, so you need to share your space with someone else. The girl at the reception was very nice at check-in, but when I checked out she complained that I woke her up, ignoring the fact that I had to take my bus in the early morning, and it was 7 am, so not even in the middle of the night! Overall it was ok, they can improve

This hostel was great. The two ladies at reception were so lovely and chatty. The beds were comfortable and the bathrooms decent. My only complaint would be the lack of water flow from the shower but other than that I would stay again! :)

This was my first hostel experience and it was good, the staff were super accommodating and helpful. The place was clean. Close to the metro.

Prices in Milan are way up high because of the Expo (which, by the way, is not worth its price). So this hostel may be tremendously good if one is charge 10 to 15 euros. We feel like we don't get enough for 28 euros. Anyway, it is in a good location, staff is REALLY friendly and I had no problems. I would definitely recommend it!

From the hostel it is a 2min walk to a supermarket and a 5-10min walk to the subway. Staff is friendly and competent. The downsides are: 1. Only one bathroom for two dormrooms in first floor. Be ready to wait line for the shower. (There is a very small and not so nice one in the basement, too. That is two storeys down...) 2. Soooo many rules: Kitchen opening hours and there are special times when you are allowed to cook. You have to dry the bathroom after using it and some more.

• 24th Aug 2015

Best hostel in milan! Its stylish, clean and the rooms are spacious! The night staff working there is very friendly and know the city & expo well enough that able to provide me sufficient info to tour around! I enjoy my stay very much

A really clean hostel, but with some really strict (verging on stupid) rules. Also there is only one toilet for a whole floor of beds. Otherwise, a comfortable place that's good for a short stay and it's close to a metro station

Very nice hostel, beautiful garden, very clean!! Joanna and Manuella are really nice and helpful, they shared great stories and an Italian pizza with me :) only thing is you share a locker with other person, but the staff are happy to keep them safe in the reception. The kitchen is not available for cooking all day and reception doesn't work from 11:00 to 14:00. Good hostel!

• 26th Jun 2015
  • Macedonia

Basically ok, nothing special to mention, the price is quite high, but probably normal for Milano, location good for visiting the EXPO, clean, only thing which was a bit unusual - you have to ask and/or pay for almost everything (which is partly automatically provided in other hostels). So to be sure, bring your own cutlery!

I really liked the possibility of eating outside. However, the kitchen itself is incredibly small for more than 2 people in it at the same. Moreover, I was missing the cutlerry - not comfortable to ask for a knife every time you want to eat - and a kettle for making a tea.

• 6th Jun 2015
  • Czech Republic

We had such a great time in Lumiere Hostel! The Garden is very nice and the girl from the staff was so caring and lovely that we felt like at a friends house.

• 1st Jun 2015