Lumiere Hostel Reviews

via Lorenzo Ghiberti 30, Milan, Italy

The crew doesn't solve ny problem, I made a when I make my reservation, so I call them , talked with the owner. He told me that everything is ok, but when I arrived, they want that I pay 1 day more. So because of that, I get out, and left my deposit back, but for my surprise, they made a debit in my credit card by the nights. So buddies, if you want a peaceful staying, get away from these thieves.

Amazing and friendly staff. Perfect value for money.

I stayed in a four bed dorm. The experience was mediocre at best: nothing pleasing, but nothing truly off either. Pros: fast internet, not too expensive, clean and relatively close to the red metro line (so it's quick to get downtown). Cons: the room and general location was not appealing in any way, the mattress was uncomfortable, they charge for storing luggage, the neighborhood of the hostel itself has nothing to offer except a nice café next to the metro station, the locker was shoddy.

pretty average. Clean rooms, safe with front door locked and large lockers in room. Staff wasn't very helpful and the facilities frustrating: no free breakfast as advertised, no cutelery or napkins or cups in the kitchen and U constantly have to ask for them individually. Kitchen locked at night so no access to my snacks in fridge. Hostel closed from 11am to 2pm so had to wait outside upon arrival. Location quiet like the entire hostel but close to metro station. Blow dryer sucked. Bad beard day

Worst night's sleep I've had in years and an entirely unwelcoming armosphere. Had coils poking my back the whole night and was so cold. Unfortunately there's no one on staff after 11pm and the all warning signs on the door said I's be charged if I take linens from another bed. Also no security at all. The front door is often left unlocked and the "lockers" are shared cupboards with your dorm mates and don't lock anyway. Also there's extra charges for even basic things like using the hair dryer.

Not close to downtown. Others are fine.

If given the chance, I would not return and stay here again. Location is less than ideal. The hostel is very clean and the wifi works well but facilities and staff are poor. There is only one main bathroom (although there is another downstairs by reception) that ran out of toilet paper every night I stayed. The guy working the desk didn't give me more when I asked. And although the check out time stated in the room was 1100a, was told to leave at 1040a the morning of departure. Disappointing.

We like the hostel because it was clean, calm and wifi was perfect. Just a little problem: check in and check out hours. We arrived milan at 8.00 pm and we waited until 14.00 for check in. Also our check out was at 10.00 but ve left milan at 20.30 pm.. We had to walk around with our luggages. Those were the only problem. Thanks.

• 18th Dec 2014
  • Turkey

The hostel wasn't in the center of the city. The only difficulty.

• 1st Dec 2014
  • Greece

This hostel is very good if you are going to stay in Milan, it's well connected with two metro station, Lotto and Amendola, just 10 minutes from the city center. 5 minutes walk from the hostel there is a big supermarket where you can buy your stuff to eat. There is also a small but nice kitchen whre you can cook your food and a big fridge. Staff is very kind and friendly. The hostel is very clean and rooms are big enough. Definitly a good choice ;)

Everything's great, staff are nice. Only insufficiency is that you have to wait for bathroom.

Staff was very poor - the girl from the staf wasn't really interested in the guests' desires. Breakfast was very poor. Very kitschy decor - too sweety... But, on the other hand, it was very clean. Pity that there is only one bathroom. Definitely not for backpacker-style people.

I only stayed at the hostel for 1 night but I was really impressed! The building and rooms are beautiful and the staff are super friendly and helpful. There's not so much going on in the area but you can easily catch a metro into town. I stayed there in order to be close to the lampugnano bus station; its about a 30 min walk (or a lot quicker with a bus) so really convenient. I would definitely recommend this hostel

• 20th Oct 2014

Very expensive and bad value. Positiv friendly staff and clean. Negativ: Soft/lumpy mattresses . No maps when I arrived so no information on what to see, where to eat and so on. In the kitchen the spoons/forks are locked away so you have to go to reception and ask every time you want something. They charge 3 euro if you forget to give it back. They also charge 2,5 euro for luggage storage both when you arrive and leave. For breakfast it was a cup of coffee and about 10 bisquits.

Not in the center of the city, but a subway station is well within walking distance. Breakfast is the the greatest. Two persons share one locker, so that's not that much security for this aspect.

This is one of the worst hostels I have stayed at. The staff were awful, not helpful at all, would never stay here again.

A nice hostel. Clean, comfortable rooms. Nice staff. Kind of an awkward breakfast of crackers and jam. A little boring atmosphere-wise, but that just might be Milan!

The staff was very nice. It was a six dorm bedroom with enough room with a big closet. it was clean and nicely decoreated. The whole hostel was very clean. We got free Wi-Fi access which worked well. There are few things which bothered me though. First of all, you have to pay a fee if you storage your luggage before check-in and after check out which wasn´t mentioned in the hostel`s description.They only got one bathroom. The hostel got overbooked and the guy had to leave

• 18th Sep 2014

Not a good hostel i'm afraid. Location is pretty far from Milan centre, though metro isn't too far away. Only one bathroom, which was frustrating. No real common area so hard to chat to peopel other than in the rooms. Have to share a locker which defeats the point of a locker! Staff were nice though!

It is okay, not great. It only has one bathroom with shower and toliet together for the one level. The beds are uncomfortable, can feel the springs. The lockers you share with another person not very secure. They dont have cooking utensils unless you ask, and no spare toliet paper, busting in middle of night. The breakfast is so terrible, dont include it if it is what it is. travelled for 10 months one of my least faviourite hostel. Okay location. All in all okay, but wouldnt stay here again