Luna-Park Hotel Reviews

1 Rue Jacquard, Paris, France

Best room for a single person use,..!

• 4th Sep 2014
  • India

Our stay here was okay, the two men I met at the desk were absolutely lovely. The room should have been a lot cleaner but it was only one night so didn't really matter.

The facilities are VERY basic, so if you want any sort of luxury or plan on being in the room a lot, you should stay elsewhere. The wifi isn't free (but is fairly cheap) and isn't very fast (but not painfully slow IMO). It didn't bother me, but there is no A/C in the rooms and no elevator in the hotel (which is 5 floors IIRC). I will note that the staff was very friendly and didn't give me any hassle for not speaking more than basic French. Overall, the hotel is fairly good given the (low) cost.

Hotel Luna Park is the ideal base for exploring Paris. There are at least half a dozen restaurants and pavement-cafes within a 100m. There are many interesting small shops in the surrounding streets, and there is a supermarket and an an actual market on Boulevard Richard Lenoir (2 mins walk). The staff are friendly and helpful - they insisted I bring my bicycle into instead of leaving it locked outside. Really excellent value for money!

• 25th Aug 2014

The person who was working when I arrived carried my very heavy suitcase all the way up to my 4th floor room! He was very nice! I was in a single, and it was just what I needed.

• 24th Aug 2014

Great location and you basically get what you pay for! Which isn't much...haha don't bring a ton of heavy suitcases with you, because there is no elevator and A LOT of floors.

• 20th Aug 2014

For this price it was totally okay. I had my own room for 20€. Eventhough the whole thing was pretty little, there were no problems, neither with the staff neither with the cleanliness.

There's no lift up so if you're traveling with a heavy luggage and happen to stay at the fifth floor, it'd be tiring. The bathroom is sometimes out of light and very tiny. You have to pay 1 EU per day per room for wifi.

Very friendly staff and helpful when we needed to use the computer to book some last.minute flights! Not right in the centre of the city but a lively area and close to the metro. Clean hotel but could be refreshed. Nice cheap stay

Friendly staff. Just abit far out from everything but definately good value for money!

The staff were very helpful, the location was great! (Only 4 stops on the metro from downtown Paris), and a pretty good value for what we got. I would definitely stay here again next time I'm in Paris!

The walk wasn't too far for the places we wanted to see, staff were always really helpful and the room was pretty clean. The restaurant over the road is really good and worth a visit!

We booked a room with a shared bathroom and were put into an en suite room for €40 extra. We luckily had a print out of our booking and so moved rooms after arguing with the rudest manager I've ever met. Honestly, if you want to get bellowed at for no good reason, stay here. Both rooms I saw were run down and dirty, if a shower existed we never saw it or were shown it, our pillow was just a rolled up sheet and to re-iterate, the manager treated us like children. AVOID. Paris is better than this.

• 1st Aug 2014

It has five floors

• 29th Jul 2014
  • India

Better than I aspected. I stayed in a double at the first floor, from the 29th of July until the 3rd of August. It was nice and clean, with a window, the bathroom, and all clean every day. There is no elevator and stairs are steep and narrow. There is a machine for coffee and cappuccino for 0,50 euro and 3 boulangeries (bakeries) with brioches, pastries and one of them with hot and cold beverages. It is near 2 metro station in a nice quarter with supermarket and bistro. Staff very helpfull.

Beds damaged and uncomfortable. No bed linen (just sheet). Old and broken-down furniture. Shower mouldy. Despite low price (ca 30 EUR per person - one room for 2 people, shower and WC) the standard was poor. Too noisy at night. Good for one night. Not for longer stay.

I like this hostel. The cleaning service will clean your room everyday, so when you r back hostel in the night, the room is already cleaned up. They change the towel everyday also. there are many small restaurant near by, and i love the Thai restaurant nearby, and sushi restaurant near by, and also wine shop and late opened shop near by (there qare also pizza cafe, laundry shop, kebab restaurant for 1-2 minutes walk). republic metro station is 3 minutes walk.

Good value for the money spent. Especially during the Tour de France weekend. Very standard rooms and bathrooms. Manager very friendly and helpful with routes around the city, located in a nice area but away from the main city attractions.

Fine hotel to stay at for the price. Its all pretty average, just what you can expect for the price you pay. Location is good in the 11th arrondisement. It's all cleanish but not as clean as it could be. We sometimes had a bit of a smell in the room, i guess it came from the drains. Staff is really nice and helpfull and the shower and toilet we had at the room were good. Hot water and decent shower.

• 26th Jul 2014

Close to metro but a fair walk from Paris centre. Private rooms lockable, but no further security. Reception manned fairly continuously, and bar outside. Enjoyed stay, would use again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5