Lungile Lodge beachfront backpackers Reviews

12 laroche drive humewood port elizabeth, Port Elizabeth, South Africa

They need a few opportunities to hang cloths in the bath room and a key for one of the showers. Also the button for the light are on strange places. The staff is amazing und very helpful in all belongs. Great beer and atmosphere

• 4th Aug 2014

The hostel is very well located and the staff is very nice, but our room was not the cleanest and it smelt a bit strange. But overall it's a good place to stay.

Lodge just needs a little attention to detail. In self catering double room the kitchen tools and crockery for self catering were lacking or broken. The room narrow and bed limited in size with small tight bathroom/shower room. The staff were helpful and otherwise good place to stopover before heading west or east. Wifi was good and got reception in room.

Well-located, comfortable hostel. Easy walk to the coast.

We enjoyed our stay. Thank You

• 9th Jul 2014
  • South Africa

Very nice hostel with friendly and helpful staff. When we had a problem with our warm water supply, they simply gave us another room. Also, it was no problem to leave at 4:30 in the morning. Would definately recommend this one!

We only arrived late at night, slept over and then left early the next morning so don't know....we asked for a private room and it was very barren. Kinda felt like being in a prison room. The toilet and shower were located outside, which makes it quite chilly in the winter. Had a group of very unfriendly locals sitting in the TV room and who hogged the toilet in the morning one after the other. Dunno if they work there.

I wasn't very impressed with my stay here, there was hardly anything to do or places to eat, when I asked a member of staff where to go and have some food, I was told down the road there is mc Donald's and KFC, very poor choice, as South Africa has amazing food and the least I wanna do when travelling is go to an American fast food chain. Plus the staff seamed to be more interested in playing pool and swearing at the reception than helping us to get the most of Port Elizabeth.

I only stayed here one night, got in late and left early but I very much appreciated the speed and ease of check-in and an adequate bed to sleep in

View all Port Elizabeth Hostels