8.0
Fabulous 221 Total Reviews
8.0
Fabulous 221 Total Reviews
Lungile Lodge beachfront backpackers Located at 12 laroche drive humewood port elizabeth, , Port Elizabeth.
South Africa
Port Elizabeth Eastern Cape 6001 12 laroche drive humewood port elizabeth
80% 221
-33.9785940 25.6435650
    Rooms available

• England, Couple, 25-30
3rd Jun 2016

Only spent one night here so not a fully informed review - but this hostel is really nice and had everything we needed. Our room was great, and the bar seemed to have a great atmosphere, with a pool table as well. The pool outside looked nice as well. The staff were also very helpful taking some of our unwanted clothes to donate. Overall a very nice but brief stay.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
14th Apr 2016

I have had three visits to Lungile Lodge now and apart from the convienience of it being a Baz Bus stop and its comfort, the staff is what will keep me coming back. Vuvu and John were both fantastic, so friendly and immensely helpful when I was struggling with a lost wallet and sunglasses! Beds are comfortable, showers were hot, there's a short walk to the beach and a nice bar opposite the beach, but to get to a supermarket, you will need a cab or an über.

12th Apr 2016

excellent!!!

• England, Male, 18-24
26th Mar 2016
5.1

How this is so highly rated I have no idea. It was very basic, rooms with no plugs, no fans, couldn't leave the window open because it was so noisy until 4/5am. Lights not working in the toilets. Rooms smelt like mould. Got our car blocked in and only through some miracle that the car owner was sleeping on the sofa a few metres away (for some reason people who don't seem to have rooms are allowed to kip on the sofas in the evening) did we get onto our flight. Still not all bad.

16th Mar 2016

Nice place. Clean rooms and helpful staff. I enjoyed my stay

15th Mar 2016

Very nice hostel, wonderfull staf, I recommand. Super hôtel avec un staf génial, je recommande !

• England, Female, 31-40
11th Feb 2016
6.9

Kitchen and bathroom facilities could do with updating

28th Jan 2016

I stayed only one night--arrived late and left early--so it's difficult and probably unfair for me to leave a review. However, in that short time, everything was nice. The wifi didn't work in my room, but as I was there literally just to sleep and shower, it wasn't as issue. In the morning, I waited on the curb for my Baz Bus pick-up. A staff member came out and asked me to come in and wait, worried about my safety. I declined, but he waited with me outside anyway. That was nice of him.

• Germany, Female, 25-30
23rd Jan 2016
7.7

Nice staff and the wooden houses are cozy and to recommend. Be careful when booking a dorm and better call the hostel for reservations as they might put you in a much bigger one or send boys to girls only dorms.

• Germany, Mixed Group, 25-30
11th Jan 2016

Ugly city but a lovely hostel. Simple breakfast for a fair price and friendly employees.