Lungile Lodge beachfront backpackers Reviews

12 laroche drive humewood port elizabeth, Port Elizabeth, South Africa

Cannot comment as when we arrived we were told there was no booking for us so we had to find alternative accommodation even though I had a booking confirmation email. Also they would not refund my deposit. They claim it was hostelworlds fault but since I have had no issue with any other booking then im assuming its their mistake. Please ignore my rating as this would be unfair (only completed so I can submit this comment) . Thanks

It's a good hostel, the best you can hope for in PE. I'm not sure what you're trying to be close to in PE so I gave it an excellent for location. It's near the beach, it's a relatively safe area where you can walk around but it's a fair distance from the nearest supermarket. If you can't find someone to have a beer with you can have a beer with the staff who are friendly and don't mind a drink. You won't be disappointed or delighted but it's a good place to stay.

No wifi in rooms, the bathroom door didnt close properly in our room. Hostel to overnight

We booked on hostelworld but had to pay a higher price, allegedly because hostelworld does not allow hostels to change the prices. The change of the price has not even been announced to us upon arrival, we just found it out afterwards when we compared the confirmed booking on hostelworld with the payment demanded at the reception. Reclamation led to the before mentioned explanation... We got a double room in a building next to the main house which was very stuffy even with open windows.

Awesome people, always doing their best to please you!

• 12th Jan 2014

Small rooms but quite complete for backbackers. Friendly staff. Shower needs to be fixed - the quick fix of shower curtain on missing 1/3 of shower door does not work - water on floor.

• 21st Dec 2013

Really helpfull staff!! Clean and really nice hostel

• 2nd Dec 2013

Most enjoyable and comfortable stay, brill staff, will stay here again on my eventual return to Pe.

Excellent hostel with super friendly staff but only remark: dog was swimming in the pool...

• 28th Oct 2013