Lungile Lodge beachfront backpackers Reviews

12 laroche drive humewood port elizabeth, Port Elizabeth, South Africa

Lungile is a safe hostel, very close to the beach and restaurants. Car parking inside the gate, ensuite showers and toilets, a good furnitured kitchen and free wifi are positive points. Negative may be that the music was loud till late, the matrasses are thin and some area's hadnt seen cleaning materials in a while. Furthermore, on the evening I was there, there was not much interaction between fellow travellers.

Nice hostel located close the beach and in easy walking distance of a number of bars and restaurants. The room was pretty basic and smelled a bit musty, but it was comfortable and the wifi worked. It was fairly quiet when we were there so we did not meet many other travelers, but the staff and owner were friendly and helpful.

Really nice staff and dorms! It takes just a few minutes to the Beach

Staff was very kind and ready to help, also organizied going out in the evening. I had a private independent room with own bathroom, even if with shower in the sleeping room. Parking is available just in front of the room, in the property closed with gate. Very good location: close to the hostel you find restaurants, pubs, shops and promenade on the beach.

Great hostel with large communal space and wifi in the dorm rooms. Can't beat that! Enjoyed my one night stay.

The rooms are a little bit old. I stayed in a room with a bathroom ensuite, where lights were out. We both had a cold shower. Other than that, very nice commom area and staff was helpful when asked.

Great hostel, really good atmosphere. We stayed in a private double room which was really nice. Friendly fun staff.

They need a few opportunities to hang cloths in the bath room and a key for one of the showers. Also the button for the light are on strange places. The staff is amazing und very helpful in all belongs. Great beer and atmosphere

• 4th Aug 2014

The hostel is very well located and the staff is very nice, but our room was not the cleanest and it smelt a bit strange. But overall it's a good place to stay.

Lodge just needs a little attention to detail. In self catering double room the kitchen tools and crockery for self catering were lacking or broken. The room narrow and bed limited in size with small tight bathroom/shower room. The staff were helpful and otherwise good place to stopover before heading west or east. Wifi was good and got reception in room.

Well-located, comfortable hostel. Easy walk to the coast.

We enjoyed our stay. Thank You

• 9th Jul 2014
  • South Africa

Very nice hostel with friendly and helpful staff. When we had a problem with our warm water supply, they simply gave us another room. Also, it was no problem to leave at 4:30 in the morning. Would definately recommend this one!

We only arrived late at night, slept over and then left early the next morning so don't know....we asked for a private room and it was very barren. Kinda felt like being in a prison room. The toilet and shower were located outside, which makes it quite chilly in the winter. Had a group of very unfriendly locals sitting in the TV room and who hogged the toilet in the morning one after the other. Dunno if they work there.

I wasn't very impressed with my stay here, there was hardly anything to do or places to eat, when I asked a member of staff where to go and have some food, I was told down the road there is mc Donald's and KFC, very poor choice, as South Africa has amazing food and the least I wanna do when travelling is go to an American fast food chain. Plus the staff seamed to be more interested in playing pool and swearing at the reception than helping us to get the most of Port Elizabeth.

I only stayed here one night, got in late and left early but I very much appreciated the speed and ease of check-in and an adequate bed to sleep in

Cannot comment as when we arrived we were told there was no booking for us so we had to find alternative accommodation even though I had a booking confirmation email. Also they would not refund my deposit. They claim it was hostelworlds fault but since I have had no issue with any other booking then im assuming its their mistake. Please ignore my rating as this would be unfair (only completed so I can submit this comment) . Thanks

It's a good hostel, the best you can hope for in PE. I'm not sure what you're trying to be close to in PE so I gave it an excellent for location. It's near the beach, it's a relatively safe area where you can walk around but it's a fair distance from the nearest supermarket. If you can't find someone to have a beer with you can have a beer with the staff who are friendly and don't mind a drink. You won't be disappointed or delighted but it's a good place to stay.

No wifi in rooms, the bathroom door didnt close properly in our room. Hostel to overnight

We booked on hostelworld but had to pay a higher price, allegedly because hostelworld does not allow hostels to change the prices. The change of the price has not even been announced to us upon arrival, we just found it out afterwards when we compared the confirmed booking on hostelworld with the payment demanded at the reception. Reclamation led to the before mentioned explanation... We got a double room in a building next to the main house which was very stuffy even with open windows.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4