Lungile Lodge beachfront backpackers Reviews

12 laroche drive humewood port elizabeth, Port Elizabeth, South Africa

I stayed only one night--arrived late and left early--so it's difficult and probably unfair for me to leave a review. However, in that short time, everything was nice. The wifi didn't work in my room, but as I was there literally just to sleep and shower, it wasn't as issue. In the morning, I waited on the curb for my Baz Bus pick-up. A staff member came out and asked me to come in and wait, worried about my safety. I declined, but he waited with me outside anyway. That was nice of him.

Nice staff and the wooden houses are cozy and to recommend. Be careful when booking a dorm and better call the hostel for reservations as they might put you in a much bigger one or send boys to girls only dorms.

Ugly city but a lovely hostel. Simple breakfast for a fair price and friendly employees.

• 11th Jan 2016

Even though I just spend one night at the hostel I really enjoyed it :) Might even come back to take a dip in this awesome pool again

good place to stay, but definetely needs a bar to hang out with music to create interaction between travelers.

Everything was fine. The staff was so nice, thank you Freddy it was great to meet you!! My brother and me will always remember you. They just need to change the description of the camping side on the website. It says ''1 bed in a tent'' where people would really expect 1 bed in a tent and not to bring your own tent. We were lucky to have one, otherwise we would have had to find another accomodation.

Poor privacy in the bathroom. Internet only in the lobby. Poor breakfast, hardly worth paying for.

Excellent location close to beach, restaurants in a nice neighborhood. Very friendly and helpful staff. The accomodations and facilities are clean and good. The matress are old and unconfortable. Stayed in a shared dorm

standard, ok hostel

Great stay, would definitely recommend it.

Not the best hostel I stayed in. Location is ok, it's close to the beach front and the area seems to be safe. Some staff members were not very competent... when I arrived, the hostel was overbooked, so I had to spend the night in the lobby. When I complained about it, all they did was pesenting lame excuses. The showers were the most disgusting I have seen on my whole trip. It might be ok if you stay for one or two nights, but I would not recommend it for a longer stay

Only stayed one night enroute with the Baz Bus, but the room and bathroom were clean, atmosphere was good but not too loud from the rooms and overall seemed like a great place to stay.

Good Location. Beautiful House.

Very nice hostel The team are wonderful I defently recommend it

Friendly people at reception! Didn't like the fact that not allowed to walk to the city on my own(female). I would think really nice town in the summer though. Grocery store close by as well as restaurants.

Great hostel, very attractive, nice décor, good ambience. Note that even in a separate building, however, I could hear the beat of the music from the common area... not to my liking but not too bad.

The hostel was lovely, just what was needed to put head down for a night . The staff are amazing , welcome u in n introduced u to other guest ,was great would stay there again if I ever come back this way .

Good: Pool clean but sunny, cheap and diversified b-fast, cheap shuttle service Bad: Hole in front of our shower.

We were only staying in PE for the night, booked this as it was close to airport, only 5 minute drive, very easy to find. However we arrived during a blackout (very common, most areas have a few hours a week of no electric as the grid cannot supply to everywhere) and there were no lights what so ever in the car park area, or on the steps and walk up to the hostel, it was very uncomfortable and felt a bit scary, was quite difficult to even find the door. Hostel needs emergency lighting!

It was very nice hostel, with great location.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5