Lungile Lodge beachfront backpackers

Fabulous 291 Total Reviews

• Scotland, Female, 18-24
15th Aug 2017
7.7

We only stayed the one night as we were passing through. We arrived late (15 minutes) as we were traveling with the baz bus which is understandable as traffic happens. The guy at reception was very unfriendly and acted like it was our fault he had to stay up. He made it seem a hassle that we wanted to pay cash instead of card. Room was nice and facilities good. Just dampened by the attitude of staff

16th Jul 2017

Very close to the airport, which was a huge convenience for us! We got in late and left early in the morning, but even in that short of time the staff was incredibly helpful in suggesting a dinner place, making sure our room was nice and sorted, and helping us with the gate. He gave his personal phone number in case we had problems opening the security gate in the morning for our flight. I would highly recommend this place.

• stacho922905
  • Germany, Mixed Group, 18-24
14th Jul 2017

Nice hostel, great helpful staff. Breakfast is not very big but has the essentials and for the price really good. Would recommend it!

• USA, Female, 18-24
9th Jul 2017

My stay at Lungile could not have been better. The staff was super friendly and helpful. Probably the cleanest hostel I've ever been in. John and Avu made my one night there an absolute blast.

6th Jul 2017

I was really only there to sleep one night, but I liked what I saw. Friendly staff. Beautiful house with nice furnishings. Con: Bottom beds in my dorm were a bit claustrophobic because the bed above was so close. Also: Drink this tap water with caution; I really think that's what made me throw up my breakfast up shortly after leaving. :-(

27th May 2017

This place is so cozy and clean. The staff were very friendly and it's in a good location. I definitely would stay here again

• Brazil, Female, 31-40
19th May 2017

Clean, organized, lively, good location and great service. However, on the night shift there are no employees / security on duty, and all the doors are locked. This is a bit worrisome, because if there is an emergency situation, the host does not know how, where to leave the place.

6th May 2017

I turned up quite late and was only staying for one night but the staff were so helpful and friendly. As soon as I walked in I sensed a really good atmosphere. The lodge was very secure and clean. I would definately stay here again .

• England, Female, 25-30
30th Mar 2017
6.3

We paid for a private ensuite but didn't get one... the room smelt so strongly of damp and it was very hot and stuffy but had no fan or air con. Room wasn't clean.

28th Mar 2017
6.3

I stayed in the loft dormitory which was very challenging to sleep because the common area with a pool table was just down the stairs. Sleep was near impossible.