Luoyang Longmen International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.347,Zhao Village, Longmen Avenue, Luoyang, China

Hostel ran a good tour to the Longmen Grottoes and the Shaolin school for a reasonable price. However, the location is not good, miles from the centre of Luoyang making for quite an isolated feeling. The common room needed cleaning. I asked if I could have some quick food before my train to Wuhan, and the lady at the counter said 'no'. No explanation, and she clearly wasn't busy. The manager was helpful, as was the man on reception, but other staff members were quite rude at times.

Actually the place was good and staff also were kind and helpful. I like to come this place again when I am Luoyang.

• 2nd Apr 2015
  • Sri Lanka

The cleanliness of hostel needs improving. The toilet especially the common toilets are dirty.

Pros: Good WiFi, friendly staff, cheap. Cons: Crap showers, unclean, everything is unlocked 24/7. Staff just sit around all day on their phones. I don't think the showers were cleaned once in the 5 days I was there.

No internet in the rooms, no heat in the building, unhappy staff and the hostel is quite far from the center but close to longmen.buses are running until eight o'clock .. Fine place, nothing special but good for the price.

The room was fine, but the bathroom flooded after showering and it was a bit bad for the cleanliness. The locations was good to take buses, but far from restaurants and markets. Staff were always helpful!

This hostel is located in a good area for tourism, with buses to important sites right outside the hostel, and a good vibe. We cut our stay short because the hot water system was not working at the time.

a nice hotel, good price. staffs are friendly

Really enjoyed our stay here! Arrived at night, taxi couldn't find the place so our already arrived friends rode from the hostel on bikes to find us! Staff is so friendly. Yummy dinner. Common room area is spacious and comfortable. Fellow international guests were chatting away making for a great atmosphere. Breakfast was nice, but 28 kuai pp for a plate of eggs, toast, bacon, peppers (they ran out of hash browns) & tea/coffee, whereas a night's stay in a private ensuite twin is 40pp. Nice room!

Hi, thankyou for your thoughtful comments, so glad that you enjoyed your stay. We hope that the rest of your holliday is as memorable. All your friends at Luoyan Longmen Youth Hostel.

Overall great hostel. Location wasn't great but it wasn't hard to get to any of the places I had to. Staff was very helpful and basically helped me plan my time in Luoyang. Most of what I disliked had more to do with Luoyang than the actual hostel, i.e. public transport stopping around 8pm, not much very lively in the city centre, weather wasn't great, etc.

sorry to hear that your trip here was not as enjoyable as you had hoped, however, thankyou for your comment on the staff as they try their best in order to help. Thankyou from all the staff at Luoyang Longmen Youth Hostel.

You have what you expect with the price ... But staff is unfriendly, you feel like you're not welcome exept one women on the staff. The hostel is really far away from downtown and when you order something to eat it´s seems to be really complicated!!! Also someone came in our dormitory (a member of the staff) just sleep in a free bed and smocked inside ....

We have taken your comments on board and I can ensure you that if you were to return to our hostel you will find that things have really changed. Under our new management we have a new team dedicated to the needs of our customers. Best wishes, Fay