Luoyang Longmen International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.347,Zhao Village, Longmen Avenue, Luoyang, China

The hostel was globally ok but I would pick up an another hostel if i had to come back to luoyang.. In particular, the location is poor, you have to get a taxi if you want to go to the city center.

The staff and the restaurant are nice, but the rooms don't look clean with shoe prints on walls, and when you take shower, water goes directly into the bedroom and spreads evenly on the floor. A lot of things need improvement. Sorry!

We have 4 in our family, our children are 7 and 11. It is a very reasonable price. There isn't much restaurants around the hostel but the bus stop is right in front of the hostel, you can take the bus to a food street.

Overall a very good hostel. The staff here were the friendliest and most helpful out of all the hostels I stayed in while in China. My biggest complaint is that the location is not central, although it is perfect for accessing the Longmen Caves using public transportation. Pros: front desk was extremely helpful, large common area, clean rooms, excellent value for money Cons: music is played a little too loudly if you're room is on the first floor, location is not central

Hostel ran a good tour to the Longmen Grottoes and the Shaolin school for a reasonable price. However, the location is not good, miles from the centre of Luoyang making for quite an isolated feeling. The common room needed cleaning. I asked if I could have some quick food before my train to Wuhan, and the lady at the counter said 'no'. No explanation, and she clearly wasn't busy. The manager was helpful, as was the man on reception, but other staff members were quite rude at times.

Actually the place was good and staff also were kind and helpful. I like to come this place again when I am Luoyang.

• 2nd Apr 2015
  • Sri Lanka

The cleanliness of hostel needs improving. The toilet especially the common toilets are dirty.

Pros: Good WiFi, friendly staff, cheap. Cons: Crap showers, unclean, everything is unlocked 24/7. Staff just sit around all day on their phones. I don't think the showers were cleaned once in the 5 days I was there.

No internet in the rooms, no heat in the building, unhappy staff and the hostel is quite far from the center but close to longmen.buses are running until eight o'clock .. Fine place, nothing special but good for the price.

The room was fine, but the bathroom flooded after showering and it was a bit bad for the cleanliness. The locations was good to take buses, but far from restaurants and markets. Staff were always helpful!

This hostel is located in a good area for tourism, with buses to important sites right outside the hostel, and a good vibe. We cut our stay short because the hot water system was not working at the time.