Lusaka Backpackers Reviews

161 Mulombwa Close, 31300, Lusaka, Zambia

I liked this hostel, it was friendly and clean. You really just need to fix the credit situation.

• 21st May 2015

In a city where accommodation is expensive, this is a viable and affordable option. A little run down, but everything you need is there and has friendly helpful staff.

• 7th May 2015

friendly staff good place to stay at or long term lovely place

• 1st May 2015

I was only there for a night but quite happy with my choice. The staff are nice and helpful and the place was quite clean (for a budget hostel). The bed wasn't very comfortable but the sheets were clean so that's a plus. It looked comfortable and I wish I'd been able to stay longer. I couldn't connect to the wifi at all while I was there.

Great to hear you were happy with your stay. We have recently upgraded our wifi to fibre-optic so hopefully now there will be no more connection problems..

Perfectly good hostel, quite close to the bus station. Staff were helpful and spoke good English. Recommended for an overnight stay if en route to Victoria Falls especially.

Great hostel, very safe, nice bar, good food, great staff. The facilities are good although a bit old. We always had warm water and electricity was only cut 2 times in the evenings in a two week stay and they lit a lot of candles so it was really cozy. The wifi works good as long as it is not too many people using it. What was really missing is mirrors in the female dorm though (dont know if they had some in other rooms). All in all, definetaly recommeded!

From the reviews and the price I expected more. The kitchen was quite gross. The fridge needed thawing, it was leeking and flies were everywhere and there was a weird smell around. It says fully equipped but there were hardly any utensils or plates or anything to wash up with. The room was clean but the mosquito nets had holes everywhere. Luckily the staff were very friendly and helpful, I didn't try the food but it looked OK and was reasonably priced. All would be OK if it was a bit cheaper!!

Thanks for your comments, good to hear you did enjoy your stay but sorry to hear you did not enjoy the kitchen on your one night stay, It is usually very clean. A new larger fridge will soon be added to the kitchen and utensils are continually being replaced. The mosquito nets in the 8 bed dorm have recently been upgraded to full size nets. At US$12 per night, this is one of the cheaper places to stay in Lusaka. We now have a campsite in town for people looking for alternative options.

The room was terrible. A wooden tool shed? Thats unbelievable for 45$ a night. I LOVED the showers though. I have never had a shower under that much pressure in my entire life. THe location was excellent. The lady at the counter was the worst receptionist I have met in my life. She actually took offense that I spoke in my home-country language for te minute or two while we did the math for the accomodation and our itinerary, this was classless behaviour.

• 26th Dec 2014
  • Kenya
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Not a bad place, swimming pool, bar, restaurant, kitchen, wifi, Central location, all pretty good. I stayed over Christmas so the place was relatively quiet but I'm sure with more people the atmosphere would have been better. The only down side was the staff who were a bit unfriendly, other than that a solid backpackers.

Good place to recover from an awful flight!----and great food(esp veggie burgers) at good prices!

• 23rd Dec 2014

Only stayed here for one night with some frustration. I had emailed staff twice of arrival time and assistance needed for transfer to the airport. I received no reply or confirmation, and when we arrived late on a bus there was no one available to check us in and a taxi driver had been sent to pick us up in the wrong location. Generally, it was frustating. The door to the room only stayed shut if it was locked. For $50 a night and a 200Kw ride to the airport, I would not recommend.