Lusaka Backpackers

Fabulous 354 Total Reviews

• Switzerland, Couple, 25-30
16th Sep 2017
8.0

Nice and peaceful place in Lusaka where you can feel free to relax, cool, drink and meet some people.

• England, Couple, 41+
28th Aug 2017

We only had a short overnight stay between 2 bus journeys. It was a good option, convenient for the bus station. Food was excellent. Particularly impressed by the security guy at 4.30 am who made sure we were safely in our taxi.

• Japan, All Female Group, 18-24
20th Aug 2017

Perfect place to stopover between your travels with a really nice communal space at the entrance with a pool, bar, pool table and cozy seating. The one downside was our room near the front which faced the communal space so we were kept up until the early mornings by people talking. A previous time we were here we stayed in the rooms behind and they were much quieter.

• England, Couple, 31-40
7th Aug 2017

Nice place, really good location only an easy walk from the bus station, decent food. Only bad side was that it took us so long to get through immigration at Lusaka airport (nearly two hours!) that by the time we got through our taxi driver arranged by the hostel had gone, so we had to sort our own transport there at 3am. On the other hand, we got checked in really quickly when we finally arrived, even at that time of night. Would stay again.

7th Jul 2017
6.6

Cheap so not much to complain about. But it was just very basic. Passing through hostel. Food was alright. They tried.

28th Jun 2017
8.0

Nice place. We would love to have a bit more space in the dorms to put our bags though. Nice bar and breakfast offers.

• USA, Female, 25-30
21st Jun 2017
6.9

I had been told that someone would be at the airport to pick me up and that they would save some dinner for me in the kitchen, as I had a late flight. No one was at the airport to collect me. Once I finally arrived, I found that my dinner was also not there and no one ever apologized for either. The private room with shared bathroom was spacious and comfortable. The common area around the pool was very nice and relaxed. The $5 dinners were delicious. So, kind of a mixed experience.

• England, Female, 18-24
2nd Jun 2017

I stayed here for my last night in Zambia. The hostel is well located in the centre of town within walking distance of the mall (albeit a long walk). There is a clean swimming pool surrounded by a bar area with lots of seating to lay and relax. Staff were very friendly and keen to help. They allowed me to keep a tab and pay at the end of my stay, including for the taxi they booked, so I did not have to draw out money again. The dorms are comfortable but do not lock nor are there lockers.

• USA, All Female Group, 25-30
29th May 2017
7.7

Great little stop when you're going through Lusaka!

10th May 2017

Lovely staff and very helpful. In general in Zambia be carefull of the "sorry no change" You will have to remember your credit as you may loose it unless you follow it up. This started with the officials on the Zambian side at the Malawi border post. This is not the case in Malawi.

×