Lusaka Backpackers Reviews

161 Mulombwa Close, 31300, Lusaka, Zambia

The place has improved a lot compared to some years ago. It's good that there are no outside visitors making party and noise at night any more. Even though the room price is rather high for the standard. We have found a much better service in Backpackers in Namibia and wonder why that's not possible in Zambia???

• 7th Jan 2016
  • Couple, 41+

It was great!!!

• 28th Dec 2015

They gave us a twin bed instead of a double bed and didn't even reduce the price. I do not recommend it at all.

Staff seems to be annoyed by questions. Food is not available as advertised. Layout of compound is unfortunate - shared kitchen very far from seating. This hostel is a bit of a construction site. People are just staying to wait for the plane.

Stayed here twice. Great hostel with nice facilities. Wifi was surprisingly fast (for Africa standards). Pool was clean, and the communal area is spacious. Location is good, walking distance from a nearby mall with all the essentials, also it is very near the bus station. Everyone on the staff was really helpful. Not too sure about cleanliness though. I personally saw cleaning ladies who just made up the beds without changing sheets before my new room mates came in. So much for hygiene.

Thanks for your feedback. The wifi is from Lusaka's new fibre optic cable and has been very reliable. Thank you for your observations and honesty on the cleanliness, this was identified not long after your visit and has been rectified with a new cleaner and checking of cleaning regime. All linen is washed after use and beds are changed between visitors, and all rooms are sprayed regularly for bugs.

The facilities are great, with a nice pool, bar and reasonably priced restaurant. The staff is incredibly helpful. They lost our booking, so upgraded our room for the same price. Classy. They also helped us figure out how to connect with our safari (which we didn't book with them) in a different city, and then switch our bus tickets. Basically, they're the best. WiFi and showers are good.

excellent in all areas

Great to hear you enjoyed your stay. Thanks for the feedback.

I was three nights at Lusaka Backpackers and made great contacts. The staff is friendly and really helpful. The food is good and it got a great atmosphere. The only pitty is that there are no lockers in the dorms nor can the dorms be locked. However nothing was stolen when I was here even when left alone upfront at the bar area and lockers can be used close to the reception. The beds, bathroom area & kitchen was clean; some things like mosquitonets haven't been washed in a while but was ok.

Thanks for your comments. Glad you enjoyed your stay and met new friends. The beauty of a backpackers. there are lockers in the main living area and lockers in the 8 bed dorm and 4 bed dorm. Sorry you did not find them. New spacious mossie nets are currently under production.

Very helpful and friendly staff, there were quite a few occasions when we were very pleasantly surprised just how much trouble was taken for us, especially by the receptionist and the owner. The only downside was the broken door of our room. Facilities all clean and we'll cared for. I wish Lusaka City Council would ban burning of waste plastic, which is a common problem and pollutes the atmosphere wherever you go. Maybe noise could be restricted after 10pm? Thanks for a lovely stay!

A great place to stay if visiting Lusaka. Made me feel very welcome.

I have made a reservation well in advance, but when I arrived they did not had any record of it. I was staying only one night in the dorm, on my way to Chipata (early morning departure). In the middle (2.30am) of the night they decided to add an extra bed in the dorm which was already full.

Great place. Stayed in a quieter place before here when doing activities and getting up early.