Lusaka Backpackers Reviews

161 Mulombwa Close, 31300, Lusaka, Zambia

Great place. Stayed in a quieter place before here when doing activities and getting up early.

Hostel was perfect for our requirement. Located centrally, clean and good atmosphere. Staff was very friendly and helpfull and aranged a very good four days trip for us. Would definetly stay there again.

• 5th Aug 2015

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Perfect for what we wanted and will definitely be back again.

• 9th Jul 2015

I enjoyed my visit and found the staff friendly and helpful.

• 4th Jul 2015

Room didn't lock, no water in the morning so couldn't shower.

• 14th Jun 2015
  • South Africa
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Thanks for your feedback, unfortunately one of the doors was broken early on the day you arrived. You were all offered alternative accommodation because of this, which your friends accepted. Lusaka is currently facing major shortages of both water and electricity. A situation we are working around, water storage has just been increased at the backpackers to counter the short supply and we are looking at alternative forms of power. When next in town drop in for a hot shower.

Very friendly, helpful staff and decent facilities. Great bar/pool area to meet other travellers

Great to hear you enjoyed your stay.

I liked this hostel, it was friendly and clean. You really just need to fix the credit situation.

In a city where accommodation is expensive, this is a viable and affordable option. A little run down, but everything you need is there and has friendly helpful staff.

• 7th May 2015

friendly staff good place to stay at or long term lovely place

• 1st May 2015

Actually it was raining heavily most of the time I was there - can't blame the hostel for that.. Staff were friendly and helpful. I will stay there again and recommend it to friends.

• 5th Apr 2015
  • New Zealand

I was only there for a night but quite happy with my choice. The staff are nice and helpful and the place was quite clean (for a budget hostel). The bed wasn't very comfortable but the sheets were clean so that's a plus. It looked comfortable and I wish I'd been able to stay longer. I couldn't connect to the wifi at all while I was there.

Great to hear you were happy with your stay. We have recently upgraded our wifi to fibre-optic so hopefully now there will be no more connection problems..

Perfectly good hostel, quite close to the bus station. Staff were helpful and spoke good English. Recommended for an overnight stay if en route to Victoria Falls especially.

Great hostel, very safe, nice bar, good food, great staff. The facilities are good although a bit old. We always had warm water and electricity was only cut 2 times in the evenings in a two week stay and they lit a lot of candles so it was really cozy. The wifi works good as long as it is not too many people using it. What was really missing is mirrors in the female dorm though (dont know if they had some in other rooms). All in all, definetaly recommeded!

From the reviews and the price I expected more. The kitchen was quite gross. The fridge needed thawing, it was leeking and flies were everywhere and there was a weird smell around. It says fully equipped but there were hardly any utensils or plates or anything to wash up with. The room was clean but the mosquito nets had holes everywhere. Luckily the staff were very friendly and helpful, I didn't try the food but it looked OK and was reasonably priced. All would be OK if it was a bit cheaper!!

Thanks for your comments, good to hear you did enjoy your stay but sorry to hear you did not enjoy the kitchen on your one night stay, It is usually very clean. A new larger fridge will soon be added to the kitchen and utensils are continually being replaced. The mosquito nets in the 8 bed dorm have recently been upgraded to full size nets. At US$12 per night, this is one of the cheaper places to stay in Lusaka. We now have a campsite in town for people looking for alternative options.