Lusaka Backpackers Reviews

161 Mulombwa Close, 31300, Lusaka, Zambia

I stayed in this place about 3 years ago and woooow what a change!!! It's was ok then, now, seriously it's one of the best backpackers I've been in. They have really worked on it. New rooms, great food, the gardens are great for relaxing not covered in tents, the bar is great, it even has a gift shop on site! My he big change as we'll is the staff, they are all smiles and helpfulness, the manger DIxon is a permanent smile and is so helpful. Thanks guys, you made Lusaka a place to visit not avoid

Good location in Lusaka. Hostel can do with a bit of an upgrade though (water in shower keeps switching between hot

Good sized room, sometimes there is no warm water in the shower at peak times. Staff are very helpful and allowed us to leave luggage there for free when we went on a Safari break. Good computer and internet that is also free. On the menu they do an excellent Grilled fish (Zambezi Bream) I had it 3 times, also with the option of Maize Meal)

I loved it! The staff is amazing and I felt welcome to Zambia already the first day! Learned how to make nshima and I think it's very clean and fresh in comparison with many others. The only problem is that the doors to the dorms can't be locked. Lucky they've got security lockers! Wish them all the best!

• 21st Jan 2014
  • Sweden

Enjoyed our stay ,did get a lot of mosquito bites

great hostel with very nice staff, its near the bus staion and supermarkets

There is no computer/printer facility so that i could have got my airticket printed. Also it should have taxi services which it lacked and i had to cough up higher charges in the market.

Hi Thanks for the review..we do have a computer here, for people to use, a printer is available IF you'd asked at reception. we don't leave it out as it tends to get broken!. Also I feel the comment about taxis is misleading. there are plenty normally between 1 and 6 outside and again IF you'd asked we could have got you one.

Lusaka Backpackers is a very friendly place close to the city centre of Lusaka.

• 12th Dec 2013
  • Couple, 41+

Nice place to relax in Lusaka with pool, good bar, good restaurant (all meals are very nice - except the burgers are just standard). Only drawback: matress in double room was pretty much worn out. Besides that: would book again.

The room was dirty and they made a mistake in the booking of the accomodation. They told me there was availability for a third night (I only booked the first 2 nights), but then at 5 pm they told me they did a mistake and I had to leave the room. They did not provide any facilities (paying of the taxi to move to the new hostel) and the owner didn't even excuse for the misunderstanding.

We are sorry about the condition of the room, if you felt it wasn't good enough you should have said and we could have done something about it. With regards to the booking of the 3rd night.. I have spoken to the staff and I don't know why you were told there was space when there clearly wasn't. As to the owner not excusing.. you never spoke to me so couldn't do when you were here.... I am apologizing now...