Luxembourg City Hostel Reviews

2, rue du Fort Olisy, Luxembourg City, Luxembourg

I really liked the location. It was down the hill from the city, so could be a problem with a lot of bags, but I pack light and like a nice trek through the beautiful park, or by the old city wall. The building was nice and clean, very new looking. Good atmosphere with a lot of people. Staff were very nice. No problems with the room. Would stay here again for sure, and would definitely recommend coming to luxembourg to see this world heritage site, and vibrant old city area.

Dear, thank you for taking the time to write that very lovely review. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with! Indeed, the location is something we definitely think of as a bonus seen as we're so close to the tourist attractions and old town. For those with heavy luggage, by the way, we also offer a shuttle service! Good luck on your future trips and kind regards from Luxembourg!

Good location, very clean. Room was comfortable with individual lights and large lockers. Slow-ish wifi, can't access it in the room. Not able to check in before 1.30pm. Great buffet breakfast!!

The hostel lacks a hostel atmosphere and is more an overgrown hotel. The area it's located in is beautiful but does involve a uphill walk to go anywhere, not a big problem, but hard with bags. Also the facilities are not very clean. The mattress was stained, the shower had black mold in it. And the shower turns off every minute and you have t keep turning it on.

Dear, I'm sorry to hear you weren't satisfied with the facilities. I can assure you though, that the bathrooms are cleaned meticulously several times a day. I also apologise for any inconvenience with the shower turning off automatically, but I would like to point out that it's part of our ecological efforts and sustainability programs, which we take very seriously. Thank you for staying with us and reviewing us. Kind regards from Luxembourg

Really bad wifi connectivity. Friendly/helpful staff. Definitely need air con in the room during summer.

Great Location!!!!!!!!!! We got to see so much just in a day, and this hostel is located directly in the heart of Luxembourg's Historical city!! Shame they didn't have any arranged activities to bring hostel guests together, but that would be the only improvement I would suggest as apart from that they could do nothing better! Short taxi ride from the station, & local pubs/bars, great food, Absolutely fantastic!!!

Dear, thank you so much for your kind review. We're happy you got to enjoy the location so much and used it well to explore the city in its fullest. And just in case you ever make it back to Luxembourg, there's also a bus that comes here directly from the station (which is only 2 Euros). Thank you also for the compliments regarding the food! And if you have any particular suggestions for activities, don't hesitate to contact us. We promise to look into it! Kind regards from Luxembourg

Luxembourg city was a super neat place and i would go back in a heartbeat. The hostel was very clean and had large storage cabinets for your baggage. The security of the place is horrible thou. i left my phone on the counter for 5min by accident and came back and someone had stolen it and not turned it in. There were video cameras that could have been used to narrow it down to who took it but the CAMERAS DON'T WORK. I talked to the staff multiple times and they could have cared less.

My friend had their phone stolen while staying at the hostel, the staff were friendly and tried to help, but the cameras only sporadically work so we couldn't catch the thief. The hostel is really close to the Bock casements which are really neat. Restaurants are a bit farther and you'll definitely get a work out walking up and down the hill to the hostel.

The hostel is very big and clean with really helpful and friendly staff. It's easy to get to by bus and one can easily walk to the city centre. The breakfast is great. I had a pleasant and calm stay there.

Expensive place, and definitely not worth it for young/budet travellers. Mostly families there, with no hostel vibe. We were checked in at 7pm and kicked out of the room, while asleep, at 1am due to the staff putting us in the wrong one. Bathrooms in the girls room was full of small green bugs, mens showers had garbage and urine stains on the wall. The location in the valley was nice, but not enough to make up for the experience. Id reccomend you stay at a cheap hotel in town.

Dear, whatever mistake happened on our part with your booking that prompted the night guards to make you change rooms, I would sincerely like to apologise on behalf of the whole staff. As for the bathrooms, however, I can assure you that our facilities are checked and cleaned multiple times a day. We hope you nevertheless got to enjoy the city despite being unsatisfied with your stay at our hostel. Kind regards and best of luck for the rest of your trip.

On a hot day, this is quite a hike into the Old Town considering the hill you have to go up to leave the hostel. Otherwise, good hostel, clean facilities, helpful staff.

Just one thing for me hard to find that place walked nearly 1 hour around the hostel. Who is going there take bus and ask someone where is it? It is so nice place may bey best hostel I have ever stayed.

The hostel was very good just someone from teh staff was weird and not very friendly, but in general de location was excellent and everything very organize and clean

this was a good hostel but the management should care a bit for travellers and provide the facilities such as a kitchen and free tea and coffee. we as the travellers made them rich and they can consider that the city its expensive and the long travellers cant afford eating out or in your place ...Money its not everything being human and consider for others its the best. Also you should consider of selling the HI card and understand that travellers don't stay in the hostel in their home city.

We had a pleasant experience staying in this hostel. We were worried reading other reviews about the walk there, it's not too bad, it's pretty close to the centre but can be a hassle with bags up and down hills, but it's really not that much of a problem. Everything was clean, the rooms were a decent size, so nothing to complain about there. The only problem was the bar wasn't very big and there was no atmosphere, it would not be a place to go as a solo traveler.

A really lovely hostel but the location is under the bridge where the bock casemates are so if you're arriving late on the train I'd recommend a taxi because it's quite far from the train station but close to the city. I was a girl travelling on my own and I went out to a free concert my first night and going back to the hostel was creepy as you have to walk down under the bridge in the dark. Very clean and good facilities though. Shower operates for 60s at a time, keep pressing the button

This was a clean, decent hostel to stay at close to both the old historical city and not a far walk from the new city but definitely not a eat place to meet people. It was really big and the atmosphere wasn't great. Way too many(!!) super loud noisy young kids. Definitely a struggle to meet people here when travelling solo. If you're with a group or just want a quiet night then it's a pretty good place but not my favourite.

We stayed for the weekend in this awesome Hostel ! breakfast was included, and the bed sheets also, it was full of young people and you have even access to table tennis, kicker , restaurant and more ! -The only thing is: the rooms have no AC or fans so during the summer it gets REALLY hot inside the room! -The wifi works only in the lobby not in the rooms but it was fast -some Staf guys were a little unpolite but nothing serious definitely would recommend it !! PERFECT LOCATION

As far as hostels go this doesn't feel like one, full of old and very young people so there is no 'atmosphere'. In saying that you don't have much choice in Luxembourg so you have to suck it up. The facilities are clean and it has good security so that's a bonus. I ended up making friends by approaching people who were also alone and looked about my age but that's the only way you will manage it as the friendly environment of a normal hostel is just not there. Also wifi only works downstairs :(

it's a basic hostel, like a hotel not much personality but everything you need from a hostel

Very nice hostel, but difficult to locate on foot. Steps to and from upper bunk bed awkward, especially when existing bed.

• 29th Jun 2015