LxCorner Hostel Reviews

Avenida da Liberdade, 85, Lisbon, Portugal

Very good location, but poor security. I had a problem with one night. The room's door locker run out of battery and I went to the bathroom, but couldnt go back to the room. Nobody was at the reception and I had to sleep outside the room.

I was not let to stay in the hostel, because I came later than midnight and the receptionist was not helpful.

People up yelling till 1am in lounge. No toilet paper. No privacy and not much space to hang your stuff in the bathroom. It was cheap but after having things STOLEN it ain't worth it. Old guy hangs around all day. Staff are loud in the morning.

It was very surprising to read your review . Once you stayed at LXCorner for one week, and still, did not personally complained about your food being stolen. This problem would have imediatly be checked and fixed by us. Regading to the noise, we believe it was a mistake, the hostel was oddly quiet during your stay, which is in fact not normal. Furthermore, we don't understand the reason of your complaiment about one of our guests. He's in one of the darliest persons we ever hosted. Helpful, and

There was no real atmosphere in this hostel. The internet access was the computer at the reception desk which was awkward due to its use by the staff to check in guests.The shower arrangement was unusual and there were no hooks to hang ones clothes in the shower.The staff were helpful but I would not be inclined to return.

Cannot expect more, excellent location with nice atmosphere, we stayed there for 4 nights and it is great

• 2nd Nov 2014
  • Hong Kong

I think the hostel could have a way (lockers, shelves, boxes) for people to keep their things. For the ones sleeping in the upper beds, there's no other way than to keep things in the corner of the bed or down there in the ground mixed with the others. But that's a detail and people manage somehow.

You have to get up a very steep hill but it's not that bad. The hostel is stylish and bright and the rooms are quite cool, some have even movable walls to get more privacy.

Loved everything about this hostel, the staff especially! It was a home away from home! Thank you so much

• 22nd Aug 2014

I booked this hostel for four days and stayed only one because - compared to LivingLounge and LisbonLounge, which I both stayed in during my visit in Lisbon - this one is very poor. The rooms are quite small, so all you've got in there are the beds - no room for your luggage. Toilet's locks were broken, I pushed the shower's wall almost into the other cabin, if you don't read the tiny warning sign you can lock yourself in or out the restrooms. The shower heads have bad or poor mounting, ...

The hostel has a good atmosphere, staff is (mostly) friendly, but the manager (Brazilian lady) was rude when I tried to cancel a few days of my reservation. The rooms are too packed and the building where the hostel is located is old and decrepit. Good location, though...