Ly Loan Reviews

241/11/2 Pham Ngu Lao Street, Pham Ngu Lao Ward, D, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

We loved our stay at Ly loan. Beautiful hosts and very helpful - wouldnt hesitate to stay here again.

• 28th Jan 2016
  • New Zealand

I first visited Ly Loan 10 years ago. I was greeted back with warm hospitality. The hostel is in a convenient location and is very good value for money. I would highly recommend. I will be staying again when I return in the future!

• 17th Jan 2016

We had a lovely stay at Ly Loan guesthouse. The location was great and very central to many sites and close to the backpacker area. Our hosts made sure we were always comfortable and helped us arranging tours and transportation that was cheaper than what the local travel agencies quoted us. Our room was cleaned daily and the water was always hot. Very spacious room and bath. Would definitely stay again. Can't have better hosts than we did at Ly Loan.

Lovely family that runs it. Very tolerant of you coming home at 3 am smelling of rum and pineapple. Good location too.

The 1st night, my room was unavailable, and I had to stay in a nearby, smaller hostel. I didn't complain about this. The staff was initially very friendly, but became rude when I didn't understand why my friend (from Vietnam) could not stay with me, after I had informed them beforehand and paid for 2 guests. they insulted my friend and me, calling her a prostitute (she most certainly is not) and became combative when I complained about them not publicizing this policy until it was too late. Bad.

• 7th Jan 2016

The women running the hostel were lovely, and very caring and helpful. We felt safe and clean and it was in a great location.

The nicest staff you could wish for, very friendly and helpful, offer cheap tours but don't push it on you, feels like friends, lovely room, and good location. Would stay again.

• 10th Dec 2015

Our room was clean and spacious, the aircon was pretty good although a little noisy. Bathroom was large and clean. The location is very central and the rooms are very safe. The host is absolutely amazing, we sat and chatted many times and got a realistic idea of what HCMC and living in Vietnam is really like. She was more then happy to help us book activities but didn't try sell us anything like many other hostels/hotels. Would definitely stay here again!

Situated smack bang in the tourist district, in a little side alley. Don't be put off by the location, it seems a tad dodgy at first. It's really got that family vibe, even though you're staying in private rooms. Phuong and her mother, who run the place, are incredibly friendly and helpful. Chat to them. They'll give you all the inside info on the city. Rooms were comfortable and well equipped. Also near the ABC Bakery, where you can grab a delicious breakfast. Chuffed with this one.

The room was clean and even had a small balcony and in general a bit better taken care of than most other places we stayed at in Vietnam. But most importantly, the Staff are extremely friendly and helpful. If we ever go back to Saigon, we'll go back there.

Great location, staff v friendly, room cleaned everyday. Locked at night though, but someone is always there to let you in.

Nice beds and rooms. Showers don't have curtains but they clean the rooms every day so the water is mopped up the following day. Fastest wifi I've had in a long time, central location, very secure and safe. The owner was extremely helpful and sorted us out for tours and everything. Very friendly!! I would stay here again, definitely.

Dear guests. Thanks for choosing Lyloan hostel. I'm very happy to hear from you. We are always grateful for good reviews. Thank you very much. We are looking forward to seeing you again as soon as possible. Kind regards Lyloan hostel

Internal decor could definitely do with being updated and new shower needed.

I lovely hostel - central, friendly, quiet and clean. Our room had a balcony which was great for looking out over the rooftops of HCM. Look forward to visiting again next time :)

This is the best place we stayed in the whole of Asia. So friendly and great clean rooms . It's also in the perfect location with amazing food on your door steps! Stay here you won't be disappointed! We also book the chi chi tunnels through them and it was great!

Brilliant family who were very friendly and helpful. We would love to come back the next time we come to Ho Chi Minh City.

Loved staying here! We booked a few more nights as we enjoyed Ho Chi Min and the B&B so much. The family who run the place were lovely, so friendly and helpful when we needed advice. Room was a good size and cleaned well everyday. I would stay here again