Lybeer Travellers' Hostel
* Best location of all hostels in Bruges
* Brand new, completely renovated rooms
* Independent character hostel
* Superb staff (multilingual)
* Great meeting place
* Fun vibe
* Cozy atmosphere
* Excellent breakfast
* No curfew or lockout
* Free WiFi + computers
* Free city map for young travellers
* Free walking tours
* Belgian Beer Tasting Events
* Laundry facilities
* Book swap
* Board games
* Grocery store 1 minute away
* High quality beers
We offer all guests a warm and personal welcome and are always there to help you make your stay in Bruges exactly how you wanted it to be. Our staff will give you the best possible advice and help you wherever needed. Welcome to beautiful Bruges!
We really advise everyone to spend at least 2 nights in Bruges, it's a city most people immediately fall in love with and experience shows that people find 1 day/night simply not enough, everyone always feel very sad having to leave Bruges too soon!
- The hostel is located at only a 7-minute walk from the train station and a 2-minute walk from the bus station (which is a 1-minute drive to the train station).
- Lybeer Hostel has great character and combines a fun vibe with a classical setting. It's the perfect place to interact with fellow hostel travelers while enjoying one of the excellent (local) beers. We like it when people don't spend too much time on their cellphones, laptops, etc.. and REALLY socially interact with each other. The owners themselves will often sit down with you to have a talk and a drink, listen to music or play games. We're not your typical party hostel but for those who want it's fun guaranteed!
- Breakfast is great value for money, the best of all hostels in Bruges, for only 4 euro. It's not included it in the room price as it contains a lot more than just bread and butter. Attention: During off-season (Jan-Feb-March) no breakfast is served, except on busy days.
- We serve the cheapest beer in town (only 2.5 euro for quality beers), with a wide range of the most famous Belgian beers. The beer menu can vary from time to time depending on what's available and what we feel like drinking ourselves. We only sell high quality Belgian beers and try to serve you the ones that match perfectly with who you are! Every Friday night a very fun Belgian Beer tasting is organized downstairs!
- Like us on Facebook and you can ask for a free beer on arrival!
- All toilets and bathrooms are cleaned twice a day, once in the morning between 9am and 10am and once in the afternoon between 3pm and 4pm.
- We are currently doing renovations to some parts of the building but ALL rooms open to public have already been renewed! So everyone is already staying in a brand new, fresh looking room (see pictures). The remaining, non-renovated parts are completely sealed off from guests. We try our very best to minimize the impact of the remaining renovations. A much bigger and more modern kitchen is going to be installed soon, as well as an outside courtyard and BBQ terrace.
- We are creating new female dorms. Currently there's already a 2-bed and a 4-bed female dorm available.
- To provide you with a good and fast internet connection, we offer Free WiFi in the hostel: there are 3 networks covering 100% of the building.
Unfortunately we don't live in a perfect world so it's impossible for us to make everyone happy. We suggest you to read the following lines before you enthusiastically make a booking at our hostel.
You are going to be UNHAPPY at Hostel Lybeer:
1. if you expect a 4 or 5 star hotel and find yourself in a hostel.
2. if you confuse construction work with lack of cleanliness.
3. if you believe our breakfast buffet is not offering enough choice and variety for 4 euro.
4. if you think antisocial behaviour is OK.
You are going to be VERY HAPPY at Hostel Lybeer:
1. if you don't recognize yourself in the above list.
2. if you like to be in the best location of all hostels in Bruges.
3. if you like to have a great time in a classical setting.
4. if you don't like big chain hostels but prefer independent hostels.
5. if you enjoy a high quality Belgian beer, great conversations and fun vibes.
6. if you like to stay in a freshly renovated room.
7. if you enjoy a warm and personal welcome.