Lybeer Travellers' Hostel Reviews

Korte Vuldersstraat 31, Bruges, Belgium

Loved our stay at this amazing location... Cozy rooms and great atmosphere! Only one thing... I can imagen the staff sometimes are fed up with all the tourist, but the guy who helped us check in was really rude. Stay positive bro, it makes life a lot more fun :)

• 27th Sep 2014

This is what happened: these people were upset because they assumed that their "arrival time" corresponded with "check-in time". When explaining to them that the rooms weren't ready yet (it was around noon and check-out is at 11am) and that they had to wait just a few hours perhaps, she responded that we should 've cleaned faster. We just reacted professional and strict. Otherwise we are very positive about guests that understand arrival time does not necessarily equal check-in time :-) Cheers!

Very clean, good wifi connection, very accommodating staff. The hostel was also at such an excellent location, being within walking distance from the train station and from a lot of the city sights/squares/shops. The only thing that was slightly frustrating was that there was only one sink, two toilets, and one shower per each floor (other than the ground floor). Overall, though, this was a great hostel, and I would definitely recommend it to others.

• 26th Sep 2014

Location is great for tourists. Rooms are clean and there are several shower rooms in every floor. The staff here are friendly. Moreover, I joined the free walking tour around noon in front of Lybeer Hostel. The guide led us to know the histories of Brugge and recommended us some special picturesque places, museums worth a visit, and restaurants. Overall, I had a very enjoyable vacation in this hostel.

This hostel was by far one of the most clean hostel I've been to. The price is right, very well located. I would go there again for sure!

• 23rd Sep 2014

there is no lift in the building, not ideal for big suitcases. the host is super friendly and helpful!

Very friendly staff and good atmosphere. Events laid on by the hostel too which was very good. No lockers, or at least it wasn't apparent. Also shared showers/toilets. Very satisfied overall though

This place is amazing. Warm, welcoming, clean, excellent facilities, wonderful atmosphere amongst guests and perfectly located. Do not even consider staying anywhere else in Brugge.

Highly recommend this lovely, clean, bright and beautiful hostel. Fantastic kitchen and bedrooms, lovely bar with cheap beers and loads of events, friendly staff and guests, and a brilliant location in Bruges. For the price, we were stunned at how comfortable, spacious and clean it was. Delicious free coffee, very helpful free map and tour, and the staff all seem to really enjoy working there. Great night with #1.50 Belgium beers, staff, guests and a visiting mariachi band, singing till late.

• 21st Sep 2014

Nice hostel. Clean. Good Wifi in rooms. No lockers though. The rooms are pretty small. Would recommend

I really liked the atmosphere of Lybeer. Hostel is located in the old house with high walls and narrow stairs. Staff is very pleasant. And it is also quiet from 23-30 till 8-30, so I slept really well.

• 20th Sep 2014
  • Ukraine

Bruge is small so the place is close to everything. The staff were friendly but not always at reception and could be difficult to find which was a little frustrating. Overall, it was good and I would probably stay here again.

Thanks for your comment! Staff is always available, but of course we're not always sitting at reception, we might be helping people somewhere else, we're out shopping or out for lunch, cleaning the kitchen, serving at the bar, cleaning outside, etc :-) Do come back one day, safe travels!

Fully equipped kitchen, helpful staff, the location is great - close to the railway station as well as to the main street. Cubicle-style dorms and comfortable beds . Stayed in a 11-bed room, they had a loft which had a double mattress which was perfect for my husband and me. Each cubicle had its own light and charging points.In spite of the number of beds in the dorm, the room was airy and well lit. Clean linen & towels were provided. Bathrooms were really clean. Excellent value for money!

Everything was great: - location: right in the center of Brugge - reception girl: she was so nice to give us a quick explanation of what to visit and in which places to eat - the common areas where clean The only complain is for the beds. We were 4 friends in a room and the bunk beds were really old and a bit dirty. However for the price we paid is ok! If you are a backpacker this is the right place for you.

• 20th Sep 2014

Hey there, thanks for your great review! About the beds.. you were staying in the last room in the entire hostel that still has metal beds, all the other rooms already have the new wooden beds installed (see pictures on Hostelworld or Facebook) , so next time you're staying there! :-) Take care!

Very nice place and good location: 10min walk from station !! Very good staff. Kitchen was clean and living room very confortable My private room: perfect

Hi, thank you so much for your great comment, it was a pleasure having you as our guest as well! Always welcome!

Very good hostel, very well located and fully renovated. Beautiful kitchen, terrace and cozy lounge space. Side noise ... it's an old house !! Price is very attractive for a private room with bathroom. You don't have breakfast but they propose free coffee during the morning. I recommend this place !!!

The hostel was very comfortable and the atmosphere was good to meet people. There is a bar with Belgian beer and a happy hour from 19:00 to 20:00 I think. If you have big luggage-watch out, there is no lift but there are steep stairs. Rooms and bathrooms are clean, location is great which makes sense since it is a very small town. The area is kind of quiet at night though so you have to move to the center to not bother the neighbors if you're outside. Overall-I recommend this place!

Thank you, we'll recommend you as a guest to other hostels! :-) Cheers!

Everything about this hostel was awesome. My cousin and I booked a twin room with a private ensuite for one night and really enjoyed our stay. The room was really clean, and nicely decorated. We enjoyed the cheap prices of beer at the bar and the company of Diana (the lovely Romanian lady who works at the hostel). The location of the hostel is ideal as is it close to the city centre (about a 5 minute walk) and a lot of shops. Will definitely recommend to others and return to this hostel! :D

The hostel is great! It has perfect location to the city centre, shop, station... Staff is very friendly, the manager spends a lot of time with guests which we found like a nice gesture. Also the maid was very nice and helpful. You can find everything you wish in the kitchen and there is also a bar, a computer, a terrace and plesant living room to hang out. The equipment in new and you also have a sink in the room. What we missed were just the lockers and maybe earlier opening of kitchen.

• 17th Sep 2014
  • Slovenia

This was my favorite hostel of my 19 day eurotrip. We splurged a little and got the double private room and it was perfect. I felt like a princess sleeping in a tower. The bar area was lively and full of friendly faces, a few of whom we ended up going out to a pub with. We woke up to the sound of the Belfry bell tower. I wanted to forget Ghent and extend our stay in Bruges based solely on the Lybeer Hostel, but sadly and not surprisingly, they were booked up.

• 16th Sep 2014

Very nice hostel well located in Bruges. Staff wasn't super friendly, but they helped when you asked. Rooms are good, but no lockers. Good kitchen.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7