Lybeer Travellers' Hostel Reviews

Korte Vuldersstraat 31, Bruges, Belgium

There as limited staff, no activities, waited too long for drinks to the bar very night. Good location but they could only more to interact with heir guests.

• 1st Aug 2015

Hi there, you must be mistaking us for a different place really. Can you please e-mail us because your review doesn't make any sense.. There are 3 full time staff members. Bar opens 7pm, ALWAYS someone there. DAILY activities: free walking tours, Belgian Beer Tasting, pub crawls, quiz nights, happy hour, spaghetti nights, etc.. So we REALLY have no idea what you mean, so sorry to hear you missed all those things :-) Take care!

Only one toilet per floor which is not enough. Also the shower did not have hot water. I stayed on the top floor and there was no internet. The stairs were so steep and the hand rail broken at several places making it quite dangerous.

• India

Hi there, thank you for your comment. A few remarks however: there is obviously more than 1 toilet per floor. Half our rooms have private bathroom facilities, the other people can use the public bathrooms, on every floor. Internet works perfectly fine, did you connect to the right network? Our hostel is in the medieval city center of Bruges, this is how stairs look like here, don't be intimidated :-) Not dangerous at all to be honest, sorry you felt this way. Hope to make it up to you one day!

Great hostel I have ever stayed!

• Hong Kong

Everything ok!

Had a great stay! I was travelling alone and felt it was easy to find a great location! The hostel has activities every night organised with nearby hostels so very social if you want to meet people and staff encourage people to interact! Would stay again and would recommend!

Loved: staff, building, terrace, bar. Didn't love: best and worst internet ever (hard to connect and stay connected, fastest connex I've ever had when I was connected), mattress not super comfy, bar music through the floor, shower temps hard to predict and manage...

Very nice common areas.Getting into a toilet or shower usually required wait time.I was in an 8 bed dorm that was very cramped.Very narrow,winding wood stairrcase with broken railing.-a real safety hazard.

room was cramped and rather messy.

I found this hostel to be run very poorly. Yes, the facilities are nice, but at all times there was only one staff there (working the bar and reception). The common area/kitchen areclosed at midnight and doesn't open again until 8:30. I find it really strange you aren't allowed to access the kitchen or check out before 8:30. I wasn't even able to get my food from the fridge before I had to leave. The one staff who was working during my stay was extremely rude and knew nothing about Bruges.

Hi sorry to hear you weren't satisfied with your stay. We have to correct you however: there are always 2 staff members present, bar/kitchen area closes around half past midnight, and opens again 8am (not 8.30 as you say), you can check out earlier than that of course, just drop off your key at reception. Hope to make it up to you one day, safe travels!

The hostel had a terrible smell and the staff were extremely rude.

• 26th Jul 2015

Hi there, could you please e-mail us and explain what happened? Most people are pleased with our staff, very sorry to hear you weren't happy... The smell came from sewage construction works outside the hostel, we had nothing to do with that. That's finished now as well so no worries.

Terrible and rude staff. Lack of security.

Lybeers had a great hostel atmosphere and although we were only there for a night we met a lot of nice people in the common room downstairs. Happy hour drinks were very inexpensive! We also loved the modern design throughout the building. The staff was really helpful showing us the good places to go and what to see in our short visit.

• 25th Jul 2015

Nice place, the only concern is the small stair for going up to the bedrooms

The bar area was great and the hostel was very clean and well run. Most of the staff were really friendly apart from one guy behind the desk who was not very helpful and quite unapproachable.

Having only 6 showers in hostel was not enough. Sometimes I would have to wait more than 30 minutes to shower. The staff was not very friendly. One girl who worked there in particular was very rude when I was trying to check out the night before because I would be leaving before the reception opened the next morning. All of the signs said reception closed at 11:30 pm, so I checked out at 8pm. She gave me lots of sass for it and insisted I was wrong. Will not stay here again.

Hi there, thanks for your comment. More than half our rooms have private facilities, the other people can use the public bathrooms, located on every floor. Did you try to go to a different floor instead of waiting? There are always showers available, no need to wait. Let's make it up to you one day, must have been a misunderstanding! Take care, safe travels

Very comfortable and clean . Great location and friendly staff ! Enjoyed the stay

This is a great hostel. It's very clean, comfortable, has a good atmosphere and layout in a lovely old building The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. Location is great as its very close to all the main sites in Bruges. Wifi works well too. Very pleased with my stay!

Great location! Walking distance from the train station and to all the city sites. Only problem is twice the water was cold in the shower and there is no lift it was hard carrying my luggage to the top floor.

• 22nd Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

Great location and great atmosphere. The showers ran out of hot water. The wifi is fast! Would definitely stay here again

I had such an amazing time at Lybeer. What a great hostel! Puts others to shame! Particularly enjoyed the beer tasting and the walking tour.

• 21st Jul 2015