Lybeer Travellers' Hostel Reviews

Korte Vuldersstraat 31, Bruges, Belgium

I booked a single room with shared bathroom. There is a lot of social activities going on in the shared spaces, but people got to sleep around 1 AM max, so you can sleep well too. No big complains, except that my room didn't have curtains and for the price I paid it could be nice to have a breakfast included.

Pleasant hostel not far from the train station and close to the centre. Enjoyed my stay there and felt safe :)

Great hostel to stay in. Really nice room and bathrooms. Only down side in there are only 6 showers in the whole hostel. Great location for exploring Bruges. I would definitely stay here again.

Top bunk on my room. Had no Powerpoint. Not good. Room disgustingly hot. Barely slept. Wanted to sleep with the dorm door open but was concerned about safety. Lockers are useless. Cut myself trying to open them. Still bruised. No elevator! Insanely difficult to carry three bags up those steep steps. Luckily someone helped me up (not sure if she worked there or not...?)

Hi there, sorry to hear you weren't satisfied with your stay, most of our guests are. It was unusually hot for a couple of days in Bruges during your stay, there was nothing that could be done about that. Lockers are very practical, first time we hear somebody cuts their finger. No elevator is logical since you're in the medieval city centre of Bruges. "Insanely difficult" is insanely exaggerated, everybody manages to go upstairs without a problem. Cheers!

I really enjoyed my stay here! Great location. It was only one night and my sister and I had our own room which was bright and clean, but the staff were very helpful and helped us to do a lot of fun things in a short amount of time (beer tasting, pub crawl etc). Pretty typical but nice hostel for the price.

• 21st Jul 2014

Nice hostel, easy walking distance from train station and to main attractions. No breakfast included. Staff were quite grumpy and not very helpful

The dorms and bathrooms are very clean. There was some construction work going on next to our dorm, so the showers sometimes didn't work but I think they'll solve that soon. The common room was nice and big. They offer beer tasting and free walking tours as activities. The walking tour was fun and a nice way to meet other travelers. The hostel is in the center of Bruges. The only thing I really didn't like is that there were no lockers in the dorms, so I didn't know where to le

Nice hostel. Great location, 10 min walk from the train station and less than 5 mins to the main square, very clean. Room was a little bit cramped. Would have liked lockers or storage boxes under the bed for my stuff though heard you can leave small valuables at reception. Great common room.

The rooms are tiny and the beds are hard. Otherwise it's a nice hostel

Everything about the hostel was great. However, the mattresses were unacceptable. They are disgusting. Way too old and dirty to still be used. Too big for the beds so the curve up at the edges. Small, simple problem for the owners to fix, and they should.

The rooms were a bit small for the amount of beds in each room and just one bathroom and shower per floor. The location and common area are very nice.

Great hostel, would definitely recommend it.

While the hostel is situated right in the middle of old-town Bruges, the hostel itself is not very nice. There was construction not just right outside the hostel, but also inside as well. This left a bad smell there, and my roommate's bed smelled like urine. Cleanliness and comfort were two things which put us off the hostel. The city itself is very nice, and if you're on a really tight budget, then this hostel is alright. If you have more to spend, invest in a more expensive hostel or a hotel.

Sewerage problem when I stayed - couldn't stay inside for risk of throwing up. Gaping holes in the ground left open linking to the underground sewers, it was revolting. Construction work taking place on terrace, started around 7am every morning right outside the dorms on the first floor. Very aggravating to wake up to. Staff who owned the hostel were nice enough, not the others. Common room closed at night, couldn't even get a glass of water. Nobody on the desk at night - poor security.

Hi, We are sorry, you were here while the yearly pumping of our human waste sewer is done. We have no choice, this is obligatory by the city that once a year they pump everything out, this is always end of july. They have been here for about 3 hours, smell was gone afterwards, so dont exagerate please. working on terrace never starts before 9 cause our working shift is at 9, so 7 o clock, please don't lie in comments they affect our bookings. We appreciate honesty, terrace is finished now btw.

One of the best hostels I've been so far. Great atmosphere and very nice staff. The rooms and bathroom are very clean. The are no lockers but there is a luggage room where you can put your stuff. Definitely recommended !!

The beer tasting is fun and a great way to meet people. Nice hostel

Fantastic location. Staff very helpful. Enjoyed our stay!

• 15th Jul 2014

It was a good stay, the one thing that disappointed was that if you checked-out before reception hours then you lost your key deposit. Which was 10 of my euros gone...

Hi there, thank you for your comment. We would like to add however that nobody "loses" their key deposit. It's clearly mentioned during check-in and on several locations throughout the hostel that if you wish to check out before reception opens, you need to ask for your key deposit back the night before. Kindly e-mail us with your bank account details and we'll be happy to refund you your € 10. Safe travels, welcome back anytime! Take care, Lybeer

staff is nice, kitchen is big and have good facility! many charges in room and common area.

Really amazing hostel and lovely staff.

Hi there, we think you're amazing and lovely too! :-) Greets from sunny Bruges!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7