Lybeer Travellers' Hostel Reviews

Korte Vuldersstraat 31, Bruges, Belgium

The common areas are excellent and the atmosphere is very good. Comfortable place to enjoy a beer with music. The bad points are that the room I stayed were extremely small and the banks were very noisy. In the same way, the bathrooms were very small. Despite of this I would recomend this hostel!

Hey, you booked a SMALL BASIC dorm, our cheapest room type. So they are small and basic :-) All our other dorms are bigger. But thanks for your recommendation, come again some day! Take care

Absolutely loved our stay! The new owners have put a TON of work and time into this place and it shows. Thanks for everything!

• 24th Jan 2015

Wish there was an elevator... Other than that a great little place! Amazing knowledge of the city and really nice dorms.

Good hostel, staff very nice and friendly.

Fantastic stay with very welcoming and friendly staff, especially Ziggy. Free walking tour and beer tasting with Ian was also great fun - highly recommended.

• 16th Jan 2015

If the room and location weren't good enough the staff were there to make sure you had a great time! The beer tasting that they put on was very informative on both Belgian beer but also Belgian culture in a friendly, fun setting that promoted meeting other visitors. After talking to the manager about some recent renovations they have been doing we could tell how much the staff have put their hearts into this place. Overall this is a great place to experience a great city, we will be returning!

Amazing. I felt like being at home. I was 1 month and 15 days travelling and I've been to a lot of different types of hostel. This was the best ever! Congrats

This was a great hostel. Clean, has a kitchen, the bar downstairs was cool, location is good for walking around Bruges. Our room didn't have lockers, but I think some of the larger rooms may have them. Staff was very friendly. I would definitely stay here again.

Great hostel within easy walking of the main attractions and the train station. The bathroom was super nice!

I had an awesome time at Hostel Lybeer and will definitely be back if I make it back to Bruges.

Loved this hostel. The beds are cubby holes which makes settling very cozy. It is in a good spot really close to all the action in this small beautiful town. The people who work here are extremely friendly and helpful. I highly recommend this hostel to anyone going to Brugge.

Great hostel. Highly recommend

• 7th Jan 2015

The only thing i woild mention is that having actual keys to the rooms, means tha people have to remember to lock thedoor behind them, using keycards, i haveng had that problem.

Excellent value for money, perfect location and really nice staff and free coffee! Only negative is would have liked a pillow not a cushion for sleeping. Just a tip, be prepared for a lot of stairs depending on your floor.

• 4th Jan 2015

very good hostel, really easy to get to, and easy to get everywhere Brugge from there. they have really food maps for you to use for free which is really helpful. It is super close to really good restaurants and markets to get some cheap food, and at night they have one of the best happy hours in town. great hostel will defs stay there again if/when i go back.

Excellent stay at an excellent hostel! Staff was super friendly, location couldn't be better, met a lot of great people there. Bruges is such a wonderful city, definitely come back one day!

Very small cramped room. Hardly any room for everyone's luggage. Mattress and blanket were absolutely filthy! Big dirty stains on mattress - disgusting! Not enough plug points in the room for everyone, and the plug points available were in odd spots. Every bed should have some plug points, like most modern hostels do. No breakfast included. Not sure why this hostel had such a high rating. The rooms are very outdated. Lounge/bar area was possibly the only nice thing.

• 3rd Jan 2015
  • Malaysia

Hi there, sorry to hear you weren't satisfied with your stay. You booked a "Basic Small 4-bed-dorm", so this room is basic and small. Every room we have has a different lay-out, a decision we made when we COMPLETELY RENOVATED the building 2011-2014, so everything is still brand new. Most people are very happy here, so hope to make it up to you one day!

Clean, cosy and close to town! Thanks for adding to my amazing experience in Brugges!!

Perfect location - 10 minute walk from the station and 5-10 minutes to the centre of Bruges. We stayed in a private double room with en-suite which was immaculate; lovely new décor and bathroom and there were no problems whatsoever with the shower. The only downside was that there was no breakfast or food available, although there was a standard kitchen which would be good for travellers. Great hostel, although next time would go for somewhere with food as we were spending 20 euros each morning.

• 2nd Jan 2015

The facilities were really excellant, as was the location. Careful on the staircase though, I slipped the first night and bruised my spine a bit. I've read other reviews about the staff but I thought they were very helpful. I highly recommend the free walking tour-best way to figure out where everything is. My only complaint was that I was placed right above the bar and it was hard to sleep with the loud music from below. Overall, I really enjoyed my stay in Brugge!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7