Lybeer Travellers' Hostel Reviews

Korte Vuldersstraat 31, Bruges, Belgium

all was well

• 16th Aug 2014

Lybeer was wonderful! The staff members were very courteous and genuinely wanted to help you enjoy your stay in Bruges. The facilities were very clean (especially the bathrooms), and we felt secure in our private double. Lybeer's location is also ideal because it is not too far from the main attraction areas of the city. On the whole, staying at Lybeer was a great choice.

The hostel itself is beautiful, has a great social life, awesome activities like the beer tasting, walking tours and pub crawls. The kitchen was nice, and the bathrooms were recently remodeled. HOWEVER, the mattresses in my room were terribly saggy, and had slightly disgusting stains all over the place. Also, the fresh sheets had quite a bit of hair on them. And yes, I checked more than one set. Please do buy some new mattresses and do change the laundry company. Everything else was perfect!

The hostel is very conveniently located, about 1 km from the main train station (a walk through a park, very scenic) and within the old city center of Bruges. Currently undergoing renovations, the lobby and the bedroom design features ( a four-person room) were very nice, though our bunk beds were pretty uncomfortable and held together by a lot of duct tape (as was the stair railing). The en suite bathroom was very nice and the hostel overall was very clean.

Staff was OK, the hostel was clean but could have more and better atmosphere. Good value for money

Overall, an excellent hostel. The showers were especially remarkable: very clean and newly renovated.

• 13th Aug 2014

The rooms were comfortable and clean, and the showers were incredible. The staff were also welcoming, it felt like they were bringing us into their home. All the while very close to everything and very affordable. Would definitely recommend.

• 12th Aug 2014

Very friendly staff. Wonderful bathrooms and rooms. If they also offered breakfast, they would be absolutely perfect.

Comfy beds, warm showers, and good wifi. Overall very nice hostel.

Our 2-person private room was perfect for our city trip. At arrival we were told that we had to wait several hours for the room to be cleaned, but we could leave our bags is a secure closet and went to see the city. The location is good, you can reach the city is a few minutes. Overall we were pleased with this hostel: a good, clean room near the centre of the beautifull city for a reasonable price.

• 9th Aug 2014

A safe place to store my bike would have been appreciated. The same goes for breakfast (though I could get some very close by) , some realistic info regarding the time it will take for the room to be ready (~2h is not "30 minutes or so") and some possibility to hang clothes to dry in the rooms. Apart from these minor issues I had a very enjoyable stay.

• 8th Aug 2014

Excellent hostel in the middle of Bruges. Start was very helpful and their free walking tour was excellent

Nice! Great location: in the city, yet within a fair walking distance from Central Station. Everything else is around and can be reached in less then a 5 minutes walk. Clean, tidy, I just loved my pod bed (mine was on top of a stairway so in spite of sleeping in a something-like-14-bed-dorm I basically got a single room). Nice common area&wifi. Free walking tour leaves just out of the front door. No breakfast included but free tea and coffee all day and bars are all around.

Toilets/Showers are very clean - which is great. Location is great too. Free coffee/tea at the lounge and that was nice. Slept in a room of 4 and the entire room smelt of feces the entire night. Had to continuously air the room. Apparently it's because the sink was choked (we were right next to the toilet) and they had to unclog it and break down part of the wall, or something. I think I was just unlucky to have gotten that room, and the other rooms might have been ok. Service was good.

Was locked out coming back late to the hostel due to a power outage. No one answered the emergency number but eventually a fellow resident let us in. An alarm went on all night and construction started early in the morning. The room had no space for luggage or lockers and it smelled awful. The common areas were nice and I think once the renovations are done and the owners have a chance to get a better system going it'll be nice. However, as is I can't say I'd currently recommend it.

As promised, a very friendly atmosphere in a cool common room. Good wifi, decent shower. The dorm beds are these odd pod things, which are quite cozy but beware if you're claustrophobic, you'll want to book a private room. Nice kitchen equipment, but they're renovating right now, so only hotplates, no stovetops or ovens. The happy hour is very good value for money, and it's super close to a supermarket and all the sights.

this is the best hostel i have stayed so far. the rooms are great. just two problems, not a good place to meet new people, and because of room cleaning you have to leave the room between 10-11 am and can't get inside until 3 pm. they should change this.

Hi, thanks for your comment. Just one thing: there is no lock-out for cleaning, you must be mistaking us for another hostel. But thanks anyway, safe travels!

Enjoyed our stay here, perfect for what we needed and good value for money.If we were to visit Bruge again we would stay at Lybeer.

• 5th Aug 2014

Location is really good if you want to walk from and to the station.

This was a great clean hotel in a great spot. My issue was that there was no curtain on my window so it was very light in my room.

• 2nd Aug 2014