Lybeer Travellers' Hostel Reviews

Korte Vuldersstraat 31, Bruges, Belgium

Very fun hostel with a great atmosphere. Felt very at home. Had a great time will be back.

Such a great atmosphere that makes it very easy to meet people. Friendly staff, great location.

Issues with the wifi definitely need sorting out. There was also a lot of horrendously loud, and very offensive manufactured pop music in the bar, which we couldn't change, and had to wait for another member of staff to stop it. The hot tap in room 4 also didn't work. Otherwise, the staff were amazing and very funny. We we also loved the live music, and great interior of the building. Recommended.

Awesome hostel! Only here for one evening. Staff were pleasant and really helpful. The night I was there they had a beer tasting event for 10euro- never being so drunk. Great value for money- would highly recommend

• 1st Sep 2015

Good location, very clean, one staff member wasn't so great but another was really good. Bathrooms were really clean. Wifi doesn't work in the rooms, only downstairs. I really liked the dome beds in the big shared dorms, lots of privacy.

Bathrooms were clean and very nice. No lockers or safes here so prepare for that.

This hostel is perfect: you have everything that you need and more... They organized funny activities (one game of interesting questions). The bar is amazing and good vibe also. 100% recomendable

Great location and good hostel atmosphere- would recommend to those visiting Bruges

Staff on site sorted out deposit problems we had, slept well and had a great stay. would come back here again

• 26th Aug 2015

Would certainly advise o anyone looking for cheap accommodation in Brugge to stay at Hostel Lybeer

• 26th Aug 2015

This is a solid hostel option in Bruges. The rooms are clean and the common area is nice, with a bar stocked with plenty of Belgian beers. The activities organized by this hostel (and a few others in Bruges) are a nice option. The facilities were reasonably clean; one of the showers on my floor never seemed to have hot water, but the other one was better so it was fine. Staff was a mixed bag in terms of attentiveness/helpfulness, but okay. Seems to cater to a younger crowd. Great location.

It's a really nice, intimate hostal. The staff really makes sure you have a good stay. The location of course is excellent and arriving from the train station is also really simple.

I highly recommend the free walking tour and beer tasting; they were definitely the best part of my trip. The staff members were not the friendliest, but were not rude either. The bathroom situation is a little strange; there's only 1-2 bathrooms per floor and most of them don't have everything you need. For example: toilet+shower but no sink or other combinations of the three. This meant I was constantly going up and down floors to find open bathrooms.

fantastic , well done!

Good location and clean bathrooms. Nice communal kitchen and fun atmosphere at night. Dorm room description said ensuite, but it was just a sink (that is not an ensuite). Also missing bed lights/hooks and broken drapery. Additionally the comforters don't appear to get washed between users which is kinda gross.

• 20th Aug 2015

Great location. Staff were excellent, cool rooms. Very clean and lovely surroundings. Lots of helpful info at hand. Free tea and coffee always a bonus.

Whoever selects the music has NO chill... Bumping at all hours. But overall it was ok, good location and my roommates were quiet. No lockers but I locked my suitcase and my door and everything was fine. Weird wet towels everywhere in bathrooms instead of bath mats- bring flops!

Hi, We had a chat about the music here indoors and we acknowledge your comment. Those days the girl overdid it, so we will take this into consideration that in day time everybody wants to chill. Thanks for your opinion. This helps us. Safe travels. Lybeer Staff

This is a lovely hostel, our room was small but nice, and the downstairs lounge has a really nice vibe. Staff were friendly and happy to help. The free walking tour from the hostel was fantastic, Camila our guide was brilliant! Location is perfect walking distance to the old centre and the train station. Showers were hot, only thing was the light goes off after a while which is a bit scary when unexpected!

great kitchen and meeting place

Easily one of the nicest, cleanest hostels I've ever stayed in. I witnessed a very thorough clean of bathrooms and Dorms. Bed was comfortable and WiFi was great throughout hostel. Staff were also very helpful. Maybe the bar could have been better stocked but otherwise I loved this hostel.

• 17th Aug 2015