Lybeer Travellers' Hostel Reviews

Korte Vuldersstraat 31, Bruges, Belgium

Good hostel overall. Beer tasting was a lot of fun. Hostel didn't have as many solo travelers, but that's understandable. I enjoyed my time in Bruges

The mattress was totally ripped up and the bunk bed was secure with tape. Saw some hair in the bed linen. The bathroom was clean and the shower was good. The kettle for boiling water was full of limestone so we couldn't drink a tea. Nice leaving room with a piano and guitar.

The bathrooms aren't enough for all guests, especially in the morning. But everything else is almost perfect!

The hostel is very nice and has recently been refurbished. Especially the lobby is an amazing place to hang out. There are also some activities in the hostel such as beer tastings and walking tours that depart from the hostel which make it even better.

• Austria

Great hostel, would highly recommend. Close to all the attractions of Bruges as well as the train station. The only reason I rated average for security was the lack of lockers

Besides the DJ's taste of 90ties Music (incl "Titanic" and other assaults) we enjoyed our stay in this nice accomodation

• 29th Jan 2016

The beer tasting was a great way to learn about Belgian beers and hear some great stories :)

• 29th Jan 2016

Room was very nice. Location is perfect. Staff is very friendly and nice, especially in the evening bar and the atmosphere is very good. Only thing is our room was at the third floor, there wasn't a lift and stairs were too steep. It has been almost 4 days past since we came back and I still feel pain in my muscles of the legs..

Clean and so so lovely, the beer tasting night and the hostel bar were awesome. The rooms were comfortable and warm. The bathrooms were like being in a hostel. However, no lockers of any kind in the rooms which was really annoying. And no toaster in the kitchen. However the overall experience and sense of comfort and chill atmosphere made up for that. Would stay here again. There is also a free walking tour and happy hour every day :)

Such a great hostel! Great location, just a few minutes walk from the sites, and super close to the train station. Great recommendations for everything you might need from the staff, fun hostel activities (beer tasting, walking tour), and the bar downstairs was also a great place to meet people, especially for solo travelers. The rooms were nice, clean and spacious. Outlets by each bed, complimentary towels, and quiet during the night. All and all a great stay, would definitely recommend!

my stay at lybeer hostel was topnotch- the atmosphere was cosy and the layout of the common room was perfect for chatting/ meeting new people. bruges itself is gorgeous, and the location of this hostel really helped to make the most of whatever time you get in bruges. i highly recommend the walking tour.

• 22nd Jan 2016
  • New Zealand

Amazing location and lovely staff; gave really great recommendations and we're always ready to help. I was on the top floor and yes the stairs are narrow and high but the view!!! Loved it.

Hostel was confortable, excellent located and cosy decoration, however the staff was barely there, just talk to them on the check out, and were hard to find but overall was not bad for one night

Really friendly and helpful staff. Lovely private room, felt very cosy, clean and safe. Great central location. Would definitely stay again.

• 16th Jan 2016

This was my first stay at a hostel and I was overall pleased with Hostel Lybeer. The staff was not as friendly as I would have hoped, however they did provide the necessary courtesies and services. The location was excellent! I would recommend this hostel to anyone wishing to go to Bruges on a tight budget.

• 15th Jan 2016

Clean, secure hostel - Bruges is one of the coolest cities I have stayed in, regardless how small, and I think that is due to the other travelers staying in this hostel. It is very secure. Stairs are narrow and steep, but that is the style of steps in Bruges. Be prepared for beer tasting nights to go late and loud, but honestly doesn't matter too much in the scheme of things. Will recommend to friends - thanks!

One of the best hostel I've been in! The staff is amazing and so is the location! Thanks so much for everything!

• 9th Jan 2016

Really enjoyed my stay here. Cheap beers, on the houshouse tea/coffee. Nice kitchen, good lounge. Totally worth it. I wish the 4 bed dorms were slightly more spacious. But still I love my 3 day stay here.

• 9th Jan 2016
  • India

Stayed just a a couple days ago. Great and clean environment. Well worth staying here. Only two issues. One was that the bar area was so disproportionately loud because of the music, when compared to the serene city-streets of Bruges. Did the music have to be so loud I have to yell to be heard? The doors lock from the inside and out, but not automatically. So, if a roommate fails to lock your room's door, any other traveler can walk in. Store valuables in the designated storage room.

This place is in the perfect location. I might be biased because the entire city of brugges is amazing but you are right in the city center. Rooms were very nicely decorated and welcoming. Bathrooms/ showers were always clean. Nice happy hour downstairs and free coffee/tea. The stairs are dangerous but overall a great hostel. Would definitely stay here again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7