Lybeer Travellers' Hostel Reviews

Korte Vuldersstraat 31, Bruges, Belgium

Top bunk on my room. Had no Powerpoint. Not good. Room disgustingly hot. Barely slept. Wanted to sleep with the dorm door open but was concerned about safety. Lockers are useless. Cut myself trying to open them. Still bruised. No elevator! Insanely difficult to carry three bags up those steep steps. Luckily someone helped me up (not sure if she worked there or not...?)

I really enjoyed my stay here! Great location. It was only one night and my sister and I had our own room which was bright and clean, but the staff were very helpful and helped us to do a lot of fun things in a short amount of time (beer tasting, pub crawl etc). Pretty typical but nice hostel for the price.

• 21st Jul 2014

Nice hostel, easy walking distance from train station and to main attractions. No breakfast included. Staff were quite grumpy and not very helpful

The dorms and bathrooms are very clean. There was some construction work going on next to our dorm, so the showers sometimes didn't work but I think they'll solve that soon. The common room was nice and big. They offer beer tasting and free walking tours as activities. The walking tour was fun and a nice way to meet other travelers. The hostel is in the center of Bruges. The only thing I really didn't like is that there were no lockers in the dorms, so I didn't know where to le

Nice hostel. Great location, 10 min walk from the train station and less than 5 mins to the main square, very clean. Room was a little bit cramped. Would have liked lockers or storage boxes under the bed for my stuff though heard you can leave small valuables at reception. Great common room.

The rooms are tiny and the beds are hard. Otherwise it's a nice hostel

Everything about the hostel was great. However, the mattresses were unacceptable. They are disgusting. Way too old and dirty to still be used. Too big for the beds so the curve up at the edges. Small, simple problem for the owners to fix, and they should.

Great hostel, would definitely recommend it.

Sewerage problem when I stayed - couldn't stay inside for risk of throwing up. Gaping holes in the ground left open linking to the underground sewers, it was revolting. Construction work taking place on terrace, started around 7am every morning right outside the dorms on the first floor. Very aggravating to wake up to. Staff who owned the hostel were nice enough, not the others. Common room closed at night, couldn't even get a glass of water. Nobody on the desk at night - poor security.

One of the best hostels I've been so far. Great atmosphere and very nice staff. The rooms and bathroom are very clean. The are no lockers but there is a luggage room where you can put your stuff. Definitely recommended !!

The beer tasting is fun and a great way to meet people. Nice hostel

Fantastic location. Staff very helpful. Enjoyed our stay!

• 15th Jul 2014

It was a good stay, the one thing that disappointed was that if you checked-out before reception hours then you lost your key deposit. Which was 10 of my euros gone...

Hi there, thank you for your comment. We would like to add however that nobody "loses" their key deposit. It's clearly mentioned during check-in and on several locations throughout the hostel that if you wish to check out before reception opens, you need to ask for your key deposit back the night before. Kindly e-mail us with your bank account details and we'll be happy to refund you your € 10. Safe travels, welcome back anytime! Take care, Lybeer

staff is nice, kitchen is big and have good facility! many charges in room and common area.

Really amazing hostel and lovely staff.

Hi there, we think you're amazing and lovely too! :-) Greets from sunny Bruges!

Only 1 sink on my floor and no lockers to secure your belongings. Location was great and I highly recommend the free walking tour.

We believe this comment is completely false. First of all, there is clearly more than 1 sink per floor since most dorm rooms have their own sink. There are public sinks as well. Secondly, lockers are installed under the beds, and those few dorms that don't have lockers installed can make use of our secured storage room next to reception. So people, kindly ignore this comment, except the bit on the highly recommended walking tour, that's true! ;-) Cheers!

It was a bit hard to find, tucked behind the main street, but the location was good, 10 min to the train station. The lobby and bar were good, with good happy hour specials. The rooms were comfortable with a vanity in room. The bathrooms on each floor were also really nice with very nice showers.

Very nice hostel in the heart of Brugge. Comfy beds and easy to get to.

Thank you, appreciated! Safe travels

If I'm ever on Bruges, this is where I'm staying. Between the ber tasting, cheap bar in house and the staff, one of my favorite hostels.

Hey! Thank you so much for your great feedback, we'll recommend you as a guest to future hostels! :-) Take care man, always welcome, Lybeer

Good location - 10 minutes from train and 10 minutes from main square. Everything else - terribel: receptionist was rude and didn't give me the sheets and towel I should have gotten, At 23:00 she told everyone to leave the common area because she wants "to go to bed". Reception, kitchen and common area close at 23:00 and only open at 08:30 (!). Not enough toilets per guests and shower was dirty. No elevator and very steep staircaise (3 floors). No young vibe, mainly for families. Go elsewhere

Hi, we're sorry to hear you weren't happy with your stay, most people are very happy, we're the highest rated hostel in Bruges.We would like to add that 80% of our guests are young travelers between 20 and 25 years old, so we do have a very young vibe at our hostel. Families are welcome too. During the week the common room closes at 23.00, Fridays at midnight. We do this mainly for people that want to have a good night's rest. Hope to make it up to you one day, safe travels! Cheers, Lybeer :-)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7