Lybeer Travellers' Hostel Reviews

Korte Vuldersstraat 31, Bruges, Belgium

This was the best Hostel I have ever been. Stuff was more than nice, everything was clean and new. They have an own Bar inside which is a great place to sit and talk and have a belgian Beer for a good price. Only thing that could be better was the fact that there was only one toilet in our floor. I would highly recommend this place.

Nice but extremely small rooms, steep and narrow staircase (very very difficult getting luggage up to your rooms!) wifi was on and off, as was the hot water and electricity! But staff were on it, and worked to fix it all very quickly. Nice kitchen and common room.

Rooms are small but the living/common area makes up for it! Great atmosphere in this hostel.

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. I got a private ensuite. The staff are amazing and fun. The common room is friendly and a great place to meet people. I came to Bruges for 1 night but stayed another because of this hostel.

Decent place. Nice beds. Good location and helpful staff. The lounge closes around midnight, sometimes earlier, and that can be annoying if you want to relax. Small lockers under beds so you'll need to leave your backpack in the open. No laundry.

Thanks for your review, we appreciate feedback. However, we would like to correct things: lounge closes when people want it to be closed, could be early, could be late (Fri/Sat for example). Lockers are meant to store your valuables obviously, not backpacks :-) And we DO have laundry facilities (€5) so this comment is not giving future guests the right information.

This is one of those smaller places that have a ton of character, and small enough that everyone interacts with everyone. This place was amazing, really close to the train station, the belfry and cheap food options. Really easy to meet people downstairs thanks to the effort the receptionist, owners, and tour guide put in every night, and they're always down for a drink, even at 3 in the morning. Definitely recommend Lybeer!!

The location is superb! Everything was clean, the atmosphere was chill, and the lounge was very nice. Wifi a plus, too. It got pretty noisy, though, but that's what you get for staying at a hostel with a bar.

• 17th Oct 2014
  • Philippines

this hostel was amazing! the staff are extremely friendly, and make you feel right at home, walking distance to everything in brugge and newly renovated with amazing bathrooms. Highly recommend

Location was good.15mins walk frm the train station and 5 mins walk to the street leading to the main attractions. Friendly staff. Room was small though. There were also lots of mosquitoes in the room that I stayed in! The mosquitoes can be seen hanging at the top wall of the room. Shower facilities were new but there weren't a lot (4 in total for the whole hostel if I'm not wrong).

Hi there, we appreciate your feedback. A few comments however: mosquitoes only occur when hot/humid outside and if you leave the windows open :-) There are a lot more than 4 showers: we have 6 public showers and half our rooms have private facilities. But thank you again, always welcome at Lybeer Hostel!

This is an outstanding hostel. Perfectly clean, friendly staff and atmosphere, perfect location. Everything looks new and immaculate, it is functional and works well. The decoration is tasteful and imaginative. The bar and the lounge verge on the luxurious and dinning tables are real wood. This is a pioneering hostel that sets a new standard for quality service to travellers. It offers all the standard facilities plus extras (free walking tour) at an unprecedented level of quality.

• 15th Oct 2014
  • Greece

One of the best places I've ever been. Terrific staff and facilities. Would highly recommend. Gold star, lads!

• 14th Oct 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed staying at the Lybeer Hostel. My wife and I stayed in a private room in the classy 1890 house. I especially liked the well furnished common areas that were conducive to conversation with other travelers. We found the staff the be friendly and helpful, and were impressed with the cleanliness of the bathrooms. We also appreciated the free coffee, happy hour beers, and laundry facilities. Of the three places we stayed in Belgium, Lybeer was our favorite.

• 12th Oct 2014

Met some really cool people there. The location is pretty good. Close to city centre. The bathroom for Dorm A and B is really nasty. Very strong smell of mildew and the toilet was clogged pretty much for the length of our stay (4 days). To their credit, they did unclog it, but it's obvs not a very good toilet. Music is really loud in the sitting area, it doesn't really have the right atmosphere for music to be playing so loudly that you can't even chat.

Hi there, thanks for your comment. We would like to ask you how a brand new completely renovated gorgeous looking bathroom could possible be nasty?? This is the first person ever to make a comment like that about our brand new super clean facilities.. About the music, you're saying "you can't even chat", that is not true and is giving future guests false information. Our common room is really nice and a great place to hang out, chat and meet people, everyone can play the type of music they like.

Generally good. Wish there were lockers in rooms, but no big deal - used my cable lock to secure bag to bed (one can never be overcautious). No wifi upstairs, but that's not a big deal either. Location is great - a few hundred meters from Grote Markt. Also very close to T Brugs Beertje - if you are a beer tourist, you MUST go there.

Hi, thanks for your amazing review! We would like to add something: half our dorms have lockers installed under the beds, you can always request a room with lockers. Safe travels, see you around hopefully!

Nice and comfortable place to stay. My 4 bed dorm was just a bit too small, but it really meant no problem. I'd stay there again without any doubt.

I absolutely loved this hostel. Out of all my stays so far on my trip, this was by far the best. The staff was super helpful, the hostel was absolutely beautiful inside and the common room was so fun. It was easy to meet people and they had cheap drinks and great music. Would definitely go back and wish I could have stayed longer!

• 5th Oct 2014

Hey there, thank you so much for your great review! We''ll recommend you as a guest to future hostels! :-)

Loved staying here! Great location, very clean modern rooms, super fast wifi, great kitchen facilities and a big lounge area to hang out in. Loved the beer tasting. Definitely recommend!

Hi there! Thanks a lot for your great comment, we'll recommend you back! :-)

really nice place to stay, could have done with more power points in the room and I would have hated to try getting up the stairs while drunk

Great location, clean and friendly.

• 4th Oct 2014

Thank you, you're friendly too! :-)

100%. BRILLIANT hostel. Can't go on about the b'fast enough - waffle maker, juice, espresso machine and hot choc, egg cooker, chocolate spread, tea selection, hot bread.... I could go on and on. Cinema room. CHEAPEST washing facilities - €1.50. Comfy beds.... Just the best hostel ever in all respects. Wins the hostel lottery

Hi there, thanks for your review! However, you must be mistaking us for a different hostel... There is a fully equipped kitchen at your disposal but we do not offer breakfast, nor do we have a waffle maker, espresso machine, cinema room, etc... :-) We are still a brilliant hostel though, that part of the review is absolutely right!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7