Lybeer Travellers' Hostel Reviews

Korte Vuldersstraat 31, Bruges, Belgium

Clean, cosy and close to town! Thanks for adding to my amazing experience in Brugges!!

Perfect location - 10 minute walk from the station and 5-10 minutes to the centre of Bruges. We stayed in a private double room with en-suite which was immaculate; lovely new décor and bathroom and there were no problems whatsoever with the shower. The only downside was that there was no breakfast or food available, although there was a standard kitchen which would be good for travellers. Great hostel, although next time would go for somewhere with food as we were spending 20 euros each morning.

• 2nd Jan 2015

The facilities were really excellant, as was the location. Careful on the staircase though, I slipped the first night and bruised my spine a bit. I've read other reviews about the staff but I thought they were very helpful. I highly recommend the free walking tour-best way to figure out where everything is. My only complaint was that I was placed right above the bar and it was hard to sleep with the loud music from below. Overall, I really enjoyed my stay in Brugge!

Really nice atmosphere and excellent kitchen and bathrooms. Location was perfect, really close to the centre and easy to get to from the train station. Highly recommended!

Definitely the nicest hostel i have stayed in. The room was clean (we had a private double), the en-suite bathroom was new and the shower was hot & powerful. The common area was really nice and the staff were very helpful when we checked in, letting us know where to go for New Years Eve. It wasn't cheap, however the standard of the room was equivalent to a hotel and we were there on NYE. Overall a great stay!

• 31st Dec 2014

Lybeer is an awesome hostel; one of the best I've ever stayed in! Ignore the older, negative reviews: they were written before the excellent new management made their lovely renovations. The common area is delightful: warm light, comfortable chairs and couches, a great bar selling cheap and delicious Belgian beers, and board games. The showers are luxurious, way better than most hostels! The staff are cool and very helpful. The location is sweet too: basically central Bruges, and only a ten minu

• 31st Dec 2014

Good location. Not extremely helpful/friendly staff. Good atmosphere is common room.

• 28th Dec 2014

soso, too expensive

Hi, thank you for your comment. You stayed with us in the week between Christmas and New Year's, traditionally the most expensive week of the year. Prices with us were exactly the same as in the other 3 hostels in the center and a lot cheaper than hotels. So "too expensive" is a wrong statement. We just wanted to correct this review. Cheers!

Cleanest hostel I ever stayed, but the worst staff I EVER met. First, the key for the room was broken, so 4 ppl in the room had to stayed in the room without lock the door. And, t the reception was the worst receptionist I've ever met. Even they say they are open till 23:30, she closed the cashier at 21:30 and didn't accept me to pay the fee! also she asked me to pay wrong amount of money and didn't give me a recipe and right amount of change in the next morning. Never stay there again.

• 28th Dec 2014
  • Japan

Pretty standard bedrooms with kind of fun cubicle beds that provide good privacy for a dorm. You get two flat sheets to put on your mattress (of questionable cleanliness) and a blanket. Nice kitchen with tea and coffee in the morning, very pretty common room. Touchy wifi- fast, but drops frequently. There aren't any lockers - but we didn't have a problem with security. Overall good stay.

The hostel was quite neat and had some good guests so ups for that. But having stayed in multiple hostels across Europe, we were very surprised at the behaviour of the staff, which was not very friendly. I have to agree with some of the others who have had similar experiences - the staff was reluctantly helpful and sometimes even rude. The service (esp at reception) really left a bad taste in our mouth in what was otherwise a decent hostel to stay in. Misses the festive spirit by a long mile.

• 27th Dec 2014
  • India

Great hostel with friendly staff in the centre of the city. Good beds and facilities. Also the walking tour that is offered is great value. Would recommend for future travellers.

The location was great and the hostel itself is super cleanly. We had a really poor experience with the staff...they seemed bothered by our presence and questions. We even overheard one of the staff talking about how something was stolen from the front desk the week prior...sketchy!!

• 26th Dec 2014

Great location and atmosphere. Very nice and helpful staff. Clean shared bathrooms. Highly recommend. Stayed a night in 4 female room. There was just two negative thing about that hostel: no lift in hostel (because it's an old building) and no hanger/locker in rooms. If you have a huge luggage like me you can leave it in the storage room, no need to drag upstairs. Totally staying lybeer was great. Thanks

Excellent hostel! The shower is great!!! I would stay again!

I had a very good time at Christmas at Lybeers hostel, it was comfortable, clean, and I really enjoyed the decoration!

• 23rd Dec 2014

I love this hostel. The staff are friendly and they have a bar in the common area to encourage people to mingle. The 2 euro beer at happy hours is a plus. The hostel appears to be quite new and the bathrooms and rooms are very clean. Location is excellent as well. It is within walking distance to the train station and the main attractions of the city. And yes, the stairs can be quite brutal (I stayed on the top floor) but hey, look at it as a good workout! Wifi and laundry are bonuses!

Night staff disorganised- didn't inform of entry code to get back into hostel when checking-in late at night and knowing I was in a rush to go out. Got back to locked, quiet hostel at 1am in freezing cold without ability to make phone calls to emergency numbers (no roaming etc). Next door bar doesn't know code in case of thse emergencies either. Luckily, 30mins later passers-by were staying in hostel and helped me. NOT impressed!! Otherwise, clean and you get what you pay for :)

• 20th Dec 2014
  • South Korea

Great hostel - rooms are spacious, bathrooms are clean and decent. The bar was conveniently located downstairs with the cheapest beers in town! Great walking tour and beer tasting tour - must dos in Brugge!! Met some great people here!

Lybeer hostel was a great hostel! For each traveller a must go!

• 19th Dec 2014