Lybeer Travellers' Hostel Reviews

Korte Vuldersstraat 31, Bruges, Belgium

There was construction outside which made it a bit difficult to sccess. The shower curtain was broken. But I lover the hostel overall and the location is fantastic

Surprisingly clean. All facilities very pretty and very well maintained. Location was great, (Bruges is smaller than it looks). Room was quiet and comfortable. Can't ask for more from a hostel.

• 15th Jun 2015

As a solo female traveler (on my own for the first time), I had an incredibly pleasant time at Lybeer Hostel. The hostel is well-located, just a few minutes walk from Bruges' main square. The rooms and bathrooms are clean and well-maintained, and overall the environment is safe and peaceful. And to top it all off, the staff are some of the friendliest people I have ever met! My stay in the beautiful city of Bruges was made even better by my stay at this hostel! I highly recommend it.

• 12th Jun 2015

hey there! thanks so much for your awesome review, we had a great time with you too, we will recommend you as a guest to future hostels! :-) Hope to welcome you again one day, safe travels, Lybeer staff

Nice little hostel. Rooms are very tight but not too bad. If you can spend the extra money the private rooms seemed very spacious and had their own bathroom facilities. The locker under the bed is only large enough to fit your valuables, but at no point in this hostel (or bruges in general) did I feel like I needed to be concerned with theft. You are allowed you own alcohol in the common areas.

Loved this hostel and loved Bruges! I got a single room with shared bathroom. It was cozy but very comfortable for one person especially since there is a big sink and a window for fresh air. Facilities are extremely clean and the staff is very nice and helpful. Comfy beds! Would definitely stay here again.

Good location. Wifi here is not very good, can never get connected during my stay here.

I had no issues here, great location, great staff, great beds

Some of the staff here were quite unhelpful and seemed to lack knowledge about Bruges. The facilities are pretty good and the common area is great but I found one staff member to be particularly unhelpful and rude on a few occasions. I would appreciate more help in discovering what to do in Bruges. Apart from that the hostel was otherwise good.

• 7th Jun 2015

Hi there, thanks for your feedback and sorry you weren't satisfied with one of our staff members. Would you be so kind to send us an e-mail and explain what happened so we could further optimize our service. Most people seem to be very happy with our staff, hope we can make it up to you one day! Take care

I really enjoyed my stay here, the location of the hostel was excellent and the staff is super friendly. I definitely recommend this hostel and I would stay here again if I return to Bruges one day.

• 5th Jun 2015

One of the most beautiful hostels I've stayed in! Loved the kitchen, loved the terrace, loved the relaxed attitude towards rules and regulations :-)

Probably one of the best hostels I stayed in. They organize free walking tours and a beer tasting event which are great fun. Its right next to the central area so you don't have to worry about travel. The owner also speaks Hindi, so I would strongly recommend to all Indian travelers!!

Hey man, thanks so much for your great comment! It was awesome having you here, welcome anytime! Take care :-)

First of all, the location can't get any better than this. 5-10 minutes walk from the Grand Markt and most of the places of interest. Staff was very helpful and welcoming. Special thanks to Alina and Adriana for being wonderful hosts. Kai the historian/guide for the walking tours, beer tasting, and pub crawls was witty and hilarious! I would recommend taking all his tours. The beds were very comfortable and clean. I would definitely visit again!

This hostel is the best hostel I've ever been to and its was my 10th hostel on my trip and it was the best. Staff are really nice, clean as fuc* the bathroom and nice little chill area and nice patio

My stay at the hostel was ok. Had the single private which had a sink in the room which was handy. Bed was comfortable but pillow was like an envelope. Atmosphere was quite average in the hostel, a few 50,60+ people getting around and they sure know how to whinge and complain and bring the conversation mood down. I was there over a Friday and would recommend the beer tasting even if it was 80% men. Not a good hostel for meeting women or other party animals to go out with. Staff were very good.

Hi there, thanks for your comment. Every night is different, depending on the crowd there. There's young and old, shy and outgoing. So you really can't say we're not a good hostel for meeting women for example because there just happened to be more men than women that very night :-) We keep stats, on average 60% women here if you really want to know. Anyway, just wanted to get that straight, thanks for your feedback, enjoy the rest of your travels! :-)

Our room was fantastic but the night we were there the guy who does the beer tastings and tours was gone so all those events were cancelled. Otherwise it was very clean and a great value for money with the opportunity to meet a lot of people. More showers/sinks would be nice though

Great hostel! The bar and kitchen make it really great for meeting other travelers, and the happy hour is a sweet deal. Close to everything (Bruges isn't that big either) and the front desk was very welcoming. Only complaint is they don't have your typical big lockers under the bed for your backpack. Overall a great stay and a great experience!

Very friendly, helpful and interesting stuff A good common room for meeting new people Nice kitchen, even provide free hot tea and coffee! Nice bathroom :D No breakfast but they do recommend some restaurants for breakfast (and lunch and dinner) and they are really good! No elevator, quite difficult for travelers with big luggage(like me) to bring the belongings upstairs I had some old bunk beds and they look fragile and will easily broke>< Pillows and blankets are worn out.

• 1st Jun 2015
  • Hong Kong

Good location, town was great to stay in. We stayed in a private room, comfortable and clean. Door into the hallway as thin so you could hear everyone coming and going from other rooms.

The 6 bed room I was in was extremely cramped. Should not have more than four beds! On 3rd floor only shower that had hot water was the one with a toilet which is problematic. At one point I had to go to the first floor to use the bathroom. Beds have lights and outlets which is nice, bar and happy hour are very nice. Adequate kitchen. Pillows need to be better and realistic lockers would be nice. Nobody wants to lay on the floor to access a tiny locker. Staff was nice but new so slow.

No lift! Quite difficult to "climb" with big lugagge. The room for 6 was a bit crowdy... But nice place! Excellent location