Lybeer Travellers' Hostel Reviews

Korte Vuldersstraat 31, Bruges, Belgium

Great hostel experience!

• 3rd Dec 2014

Thanks for your amazing comment! Love it!

The bar wasn't crowded at all, but stil it had a nice feel od company. Instruments like the piano and the guitars are an absolute plus! And the receptionist guy was very helpful, as we had some difficulties getting to Bruges due to the protest of railway workers. Big ups!

Great hostel located in the historic town. Felt like I was at home, great kitchen and comfy couches, nice rooms. Only minor surprise was lockers that could not fit a day bag - only odds and ends.

I was meant to stay at Lybeer for two nights, but unfortunately due to a rail strike had to leave after one. The staff were accommodating and refunded me for the night I didn't stay, which was very generous. Rooms were clean, modern and comfortable, location is unbeatable and there is a lovely little bar downstairs with cheap beers. My only gripe was that my room (4 person female dorm) didn't include any lockers, so I just had to leave my luggage on the floor, not great for peace of mind!

clean, great location and very helpful staff members.

• 29th Nov 2014
  • China

No lockers in the room (or cages under the beds). The bathrooms are SMALL, they should clean the showers more often. The stairs are strecht, hard to climb with big lauggage and there's tape on the railing (can fall any minute). The worst was when I was paying, they rounded up the amount (I was paying with credit card) and when I asked for the reason, the guy just said "because I have to and because I can". Would not recommend anyone to go there.

Wow. We're really sorry you weren't happy with your stay. Are you absolutely sure you're talking about our hostel? Cause I remember checking you in and everything went really well. You must be mistaking us for another place surely. Most people are very happy here, cleanliness is one of our main priorities. Lockers under your bed by the way. There's indeed a surcharge if you pay by credit card, that's standard practice. Do not recall at all making a comment like that, that's is so not like us!

Lovely atmosphere in the common area. Rooms look new and clean, and the bathrooms are the best among the hostels I have ever stayed in. You can find everything you need in the kitchen for cooking.

• 28th Nov 2014
  • Hong Kong

I wish that there were lockers in the rooms. One morning I waited for an hour to find an available shower.

Good: Nice hostel,good location,nice staff and nice living room and bar. I like the Happy Hour at the bar and that they provide Free walking Tour. Bad: No lockers in the room,not enough showers and toilets,

The location was good and the hostel itself was lovely - clean and with nice showers etc. They have free walking tours that leave from the hostel and also host beer tasting and pub crawls. They have music playing in the bar/common room and a guitar and piano for the music makers out there. One thing I would have liked to see were lockers in the rooms (there was space for them) and perhaps coat hangers on the walls. The beds also had reading lamps, but they had no light bulbs...

the lybeer has everything one needs and even more - the free walking tours start there, they have the board games, beer parties and so on. It seemed to be a real student capital in a now so student Bruges. All the staff were very nice, the interior is just amazing! In 2 words - highle recommended :)

• 26th Nov 2014
  • Russia

The Wifi is easy to be disconnected... And it could be better if there are some chairs in the room so people in the room can chat more easier.

• 25th Nov 2014
  • Hong Kong

The manager seemed to dislike the guests, but past that, this place was nice and quiet and the beds were very comfortable!

It is a kind of "hotel-hostel" with about four floors. The dorms are very comfortable and quiet. The location is good but Bruges is a small city so you can walk to everywhere. Wifi works perfect in the whole building. There is a kitchen you can use and also a bar with happy hour between 8pm-9pm with beers for 2 euros. For the room key you must deposite 10 euros, so better keep it safe!! I definetly recommend the hostel.

Staff is nice and friendly. Location is just ok but room and atmosphere is impressive. Cleanliness of hostel is good. Recommend !!

First time staying in a hostel, and definitely satisfied! Everything was great and staff so friendly and welcoming!! Definitely the place to stay in Bruges!!

• 21st Nov 2014

The hostel is located very central, it's directly in the old part of the city. Nonetheless it's not too loud or hectic in front of the hostel. The rooms are very clean and newly renovated. One negative thing is the house policy of no drinks and food in the rooms. Another thing is that there was no furniture in the room, except for the bed and there are no hairdryers in the bathrooms.

• 21st Nov 2014

Hi, we are happy to hear you loved your stay. We don't leave the hairdryers in the showers but you can always ask a free hairdryer at the reception, we keep them at the reception desk. Enjoy your travels.

Really great experience, the staff were all SUPER helpful.

• 20th Nov 2014

All good things to say about this hostel. Clean, comfy, cozy. Small and charming. Beautiful common spaces with chandeliers and hardwood furniture. No breakfast, but they have a nightly happy hour with well-priced beers. Wifi in common spaces only.

Hey, thanks for your comment. One remark though, wifi works throughout the whole building, so not only in the common areas. Cheers!

The hostel was perfectly located close to the old city centre and it was clean. I really loved the city and so I would stay here again; however, the bed side lights had no light globes (in any of the beds in the room) which was frustrating once the others had gone to bed- staff wouldn't provide a light globe when asked and in-room security (lockers etc) is non-existant so I recommend being able to lock your bags if you want to keep them with you.