Lybeer Travellers' Hostel Reviews

Korte Vuldersstraat 31, Bruges, Belgium

Nice hostel. Spacious private single room. Downside was having to carry my suitcase up a narrow spiral staircase to the 3rd floor. The support rails on the stairs aren't that stable, so have to be careful you don't land up like Ken from In Bruges . One of the toilets was the smallest I've ever used. Whilst sitting on the dunny, there would have been no more than 2cm between my knees and the door, was quite hilarious. There was a sign however to let people know in case they were claustrophobic.

Amazing private room for a great price- felt like the honeymoon suite of the hostel. The only flaw with our experience was that we weren't able to get into our room until 6 pm because of renovations being done in the lobby. I would've appreciated being advised of this we arrived, as we would've rearranged our plans (we ended up missing the first half of the USA/Germany game). The cute boy working the front desk was extremely helpful when we arrived, so we weren't too mad, though.

• 26th Jun 2014

Thanks for your amazing review, appreciated! See you again one day, safe journey! Lybeer

No elevator!

• 26th Jun 2014
  • Hong Kong

It was really nice to stay in lybeer. I stay in single room and it was perfect.

Thanks so much, you were perfect too! :-) Hope to welcome you again at Lybeer!

Nice, big airy room! Good value for money and great location! Staff were friendly and checkin was easy. We didn't make use of the kitchen/facilities so can't comment on that. The stairs are a bit rickety but are under construction. We were disappointed we couldn't stay a second night!

• 23rd Jun 2014

Generally acceptable - the standard of the staff was mixed. When I first arrived I was kept waiting for 30 mins for the receptionist to arrive (within normal check in hours) and she didn't really seem to know much about the city. The following day the staff were very helpful though.

There's some noisy in beer party. but can be understand and everything is so great without the stairs. but the building is built 100years ago.

I would definitely stay there again! The place was very clean and location is good.

Wifi works great but no breakfast

Hi, thanks for your comment. We have a fully equipped kitchen for guests to prepare all meals, there is always free coffee and tea, and we have some excellent breakfast places just around the corner! Take care, safe travels!

Good place to stay, well located, clean and the woman at reception was friendly and very helpful. Appreciated. Thank you

The one shower per floor thing isn't the end of the world... I was able to grab a showers. Overall I had a good stay.

Thank you for your comment. There are 2 showers on the ground floor and 2 showers on the top floor. Level 1 and 2 each have a bathroom with shower as well. Hope to see you again one day, safe travels!

Very nice hostel in a historic building close to the centre of the city. Awesome friendly staff, and good atmousphere in the common area/bar. Comfortable accomodations all around.

Nice location, clean and good atmosphere but rooms too small, there were 8 persons shoved in a 3x7 metres room with very few space to move plus there's no breakfast included, I guess for the same price one can find something better!

I really enjoyed my time in Bruges. The staff were excellent. It was all clean. I like the idea of the new kitchen as well.

• 18th Jun 2014

Is an excellent place where you can stay in Brugge, meet cool people and it has a very good service. One of the Best places I ever visit since i'm traveling. Keep Going that way.

Wonderful hostel, in a good location. Highly recommended!

The staff concentrated on FIFA so you hardly find them at front desk while games. If you want to do washing and laundry, you have to ask staff and only could do in the morning. But the interior design of the building is nice and toilet and shower are clean.

Hi, thanks for your comment. We are very excited about the World Cup indeed (all matches are shown), Belgium was playing its first World Cup match in 12 years that night you were staying here, so please forgive us :-) Game was only 1.5 hours, we are always available for all guests and give it a 100% to make your stay in Bruges unforgettable! Hope to welcome you again one day, safe travels!

There are a lot of exposed electrical wires which are a bit random, very hot rooms in the summer season. Cheap and easily accessible from the main car park and bus/rail station. Very good value for money, all very modern. Staff were a bit vague and sometimes reluctant to help. Good place to stay for Brugge.

• 15th Jun 2014

Thanks for your comment. "Electric Wires" this person is talking about are wires where some lamps on the wall still need to be installed. They are not powered so not dangerous at all. Sorry to hear you found the staff vague, we give it a 100% to make your stay in Bruges unforgettable, so do come back then we can make it up to you! Safe travels, Lybeer Hostel

The only challenging part is bringing a suitcase there because climbing the stairs to the dorms is challenging.

kitchen should be clean.

• 14th Jun 2014
  • India

Hi there, our new kitchen opened up last week, there was no kitchen during the time you were staying here... Perhaps you're confused with a different hostel? Our kitchen is brand new and very clean. Safe travels, welcome back anytime! Cheers, Lybeer Hostel