Lybeer Travellers' Hostel Reviews

Korte Vuldersstraat 31, Bruges, Belgium

As promised, a very friendly atmosphere in a cool common room. Good wifi, decent shower. The dorm beds are these odd pod things, which are quite cozy but beware if you're claustrophobic, you'll want to book a private room. Nice kitchen equipment, but they're renovating right now, so only hotplates, no stovetops or ovens. The happy hour is very good value for money, and it's super close to a supermarket and all the sights.

this is the best hostel i have stayed so far. the rooms are great. just two problems, not a good place to meet new people, and because of room cleaning you have to leave the room between 10-11 am and can't get inside until 3 pm. they should change this.

Hi, thanks for your comment. Just one thing: there is no lock-out for cleaning, you must be mistaking us for another hostel. But thanks anyway, safe travels!

Enjoyed our stay here, perfect for what we needed and good value for money.If we were to visit Bruge again we would stay at Lybeer.

• 5th Aug 2014

Location is really good if you want to walk from and to the station.

This was a great clean hotel in a great spot. My issue was that there was no curtain on my window so it was very light in my room.

• 2nd Aug 2014

The hostel was in a great location and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful.

We booked a 4 bed and ended up in an un-renovated room that smelt disgusting. We had to leave the window open, so I got bitten by insects. There were no lockers, so the whole three days I was a little stressed about my things. The room itself was also incredibly tight for 4 people and the sheets had holes in them. The location is good but the room was pretty bad. Maybe if you get the renovated rooms it would have been better but staying in a room that smelt like sewage was bad value.

• 2nd Aug 2014

A nice hostel in a great location. Only 10 mins ish walk from bus station/train station and big undercover carpark, which was only 3.50eurs for 24 hrs. It's also only five mins walk to the main square, and there's a breakfast bar two mins away. The hostel seemed to be having a bit of work done when i was there, and there was probably only two other customers which i saw, hence the average atmosphere mark, but the staff were pleasant enough. Nice little bar, with a nice choice of beer as well.

The two different persons I got to meet in my 1 night stay had a rather lazy attitude. I got there before 15 on the check in day. Got my key for the room and information about how to get into the hostel after reception hours. I mentioned that I would not come back before after the reception had closed. There was no mention of there not being any bedsheets in the room, which resulted in a night without sheets and pillow. I do not feel it is my responsibility to know beforehand.

• 31st Jul 2014
  • Denmark

The hostel is fairly located - 30 minutes walk from train station, 15 minutes walk from major attraction, 5 minutes walk from super market. The sleeping cabins are kind of uniquely designed - prevents you from any unwanted disturbance from rest of people in the room. The hostel is very beautifully done with all modern equipment's mounted in the common area and the room. The staff always had a grumpy face for some reason but never moved away from helping the guests.

Gorgeous old building, and a great location. Had all the right facilities, but not a lot of room in my 6 bed dorm, and I found the rules, and rfaq to be pretty rude.

I stayed at this hostel for 4 nights. It was relatively inexpensive, probably due to the renovations. They offered daily walking tours, beer tastings

One of the staff, a guy, was really rude. He hardly greeted and every question was quitted with eye rolling. When I asked him to open the locker room, he said: 'That was quite a predictable question.' Hey, if you don't like people, maybe you shouldn't work at a hostel, hm? I felt like I'm disturbing him every time I asked something. Tiny 4 beds dorm. Not enough space for backpack. Actually the whole hostel felt like a doll house.

Great common area! Location is great, just minutes from the main square.

• 29th Jul 2014

Great atmosphere and great location.

The room are too small, and the stuff was rude. Actually, everything they write on notes are rude (example, their RFAQ, that means Ridiculous FAQ). Our bed took more time than the predicted to be ready on the check in, like 4 hours more. Only 1 or maximum of 2 bathroom and shower per floor, which is so few.

Hey, we're not trying to be rude on those notes, we're trying to be funny, most people get that they're jokes! :-) So, sorry you thought we were rude, it's pure irony! Also, there are plenty of public showers since more than half our rooms have their own bathroom. Cheers!

Lybeer had the best bathrooms I've ever experienced at a hostel. Mind you I'm not talking about the tiny toilet-only room, but the private toilet/shower/sink/wide window set-up. It made for a really nice showering experience. I also enjoyed the humorous one-sheeter that was passed out and thought the map for "young travellers" was really swell. Only wish there was a bit more ventilation in the rooms that that there was a place to lock-up your stuff. All in all, a great experience.

Super nice place to stay! Very clean and well taken care of and fun Smells a little funky but it's been our favorite hostel so far!!

• 27th Jul 2014

Hey, thanks for your review, appreciated!! Smell was very temporary, due to city construction works (sewage) in the street, it's gone now :-)

The number one thing I felt the hostel lacked (at least in my room) was somewhere to put and secure your belongings. No shelves or dressers or containers of any kind. Also the top bunks (again, at least in room 2) are actually pretty hard to get onto and off of, they need something to grab on to to hoist yourself up. All in all it was a lovely stay!

• 26th Jul 2014

Thank you for your comment. A remark however: there is a secured luggage storage next to reception, plus more than half our dorm rooms have lockers installed under the beds, sorry to hear you missed those. Safe travels, hope to welcome you again one day!

Lovely hostel, staff were friendly and helpful and common area was great for socialising

• 25th Jul 2014