Lybeer Travellers' Hostel Reviews

Korte Vuldersstraat 31, Bruges, Belgium

Nice little hostel conveniently located on a quiet street, within walking distance of the train station and all of the major sights in Bruges. Not a "party hostel". Suitable for all ages. Free towel rental and luggage storage.

Definitely recommend lockers and better availability of showers but otherwise clean, great environment and staff and amazing location!

I LOVED this hostel! It's in a gorgeous old building with high ceilings. The common room/bar is stunning. The staff was very welcoming and it really felt like a home. Do the beer tasting while you're there! Great way to learn about the deliciois Belgian beers and make some friends at the same time! I would absolutely stay here again.

Beautiful hostel in a great location.

Lybeer was a great hostel to stay at. So yes, there were no curtains in the room, and the stairs were a little bit narrow (but this was the case in several European hostels I have stayed at, and this is because it is an old building). However, this hostel is well located, but also near to the train station, the staff were helpful and the large living room & adjoining kitchen gives the hostel a great atmosphere, and the bar is well priced. Breakfast - go to "Hema" for a €1 breakfast!

• 28th Aug 2014

Excellent hostel, the staff could be more kindly but good service (:

• 28th Aug 2014
  • Mexico

Room was decent. Bathrooms were nice. Stairs were very steep and no elevator. Good location. Overall, I would recommend this hostel.

不是太容易H找到 但是位置是不错的 靠近市中心 staff也还好 。 半夜有人在隔壁床做爱把我震醒了 我去

Loved the huge common area and kitchen, i took full advantage of these areas. Washrooms were always kept very clean and beds were extremely comfortable. Reasonably priced beers witch is always a plus. I would definitely recommend this hostel to friends.

I stayed in the private room, but they was no curtains or binds on the window, I hade to put my own towel up as a makeshift curtain

• 26th Aug 2014

its the best hostal ive stayed yet! the staff was great, the atmosphere, they even had a beer tasting (Belgian Beers are the best). it's an old refurbished house that makes you feel like almost in a little palace. everything was always super clean and the bathrooms are the best! felt like home and after 5 month traveling this was incredible!

The best hostel experience! Beautifully renovated hostel, with staff who truly care about your hostel experience. Friendly and relaxed vibe in the common room. Would definitely stay here again. I miss it!

Probably one of my favorite hostels. Very homely, personable, and not too big. Good, well stocked kitchen. The lounge area (with bar) was excellent, and served reasonably priced belgian beers. My room was comfortable. The staff were helpful. There were activities like beer tasting that were a blast and a great way to meet people right in the hostel. VEERY good location, right in the center of Bruges. Would highly recommend.

+ beautiful decoration in common area, more like the ritz, old style house/palace typical of the region, v. clean showers/toilets, all new, more like a hotel with common areas, rooms nicely done - kitchen equipmentent could be better i.ex.: place to store food propperly/shelves, reception and breakfast=coffee starts mostly only at 8:45-9:00, are there lockers in bigger rooms than I had?

I really enjoyed stayed at this hostel, even though it was only one night. I would definitely recomend it. Thanks

The only issue we had was a bad smell caused by the sewer (and perhaps it is not even a hostel's fault because there were road works).

• 24th Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 31-40

You have to dress your room with the hostel sheets because there was no room service. It was disgusting that existed awful odor because there was a problem with the pipes. Attention wasn't very good and the recepcionists were not pleasant.

• 23rd Aug 2014
  • Spain

Hi, we're very sorry to hear you felt this way. A few remarks though: 1) Rooms are being thoroughly cleaned at least once a day 2) Room service is obviously not available in hostels 3) The odor was very temporary and due to some road works just outside the hostel (no longer there) 4) Most people are very satisfied with their stay (see other reviews), we are currently the highest rated hostel in Bruges so hope we can make it up to you one day! Cheers, Lybeer

Cool place, good spot to start from and nice atmosphere

• 23rd Aug 2014

My favourite hostel we visited. Newly renovated so really nice vibe. Beware they don't allow you to have food or drink in your room. Also it's a good idea to bring some ear plugs and an eye mask because it can be noisy with people going up the stairs and (in my room at least) we didn't have curtains. That being said, I'm a light sleeper and slept well both nights we were there.

Railing going upstairs needs to be repaired other than that everything was great and the woman at the front desk was thankfully there to let us in when we arrived after the front desk was closed.