Lybeer Travellers' Hostel Reviews

Korte Vuldersstraat 31, Bruges, Belgium

Very nice Hostel. We arrive when they were painting and some places where closed but beside that everything was really nice.! perfect clean and great location!

• 26th Mar 2014

Nice place with great accommodations!!!! I loved it.

Very friendly staff members, my room looked clean and comfy, fantastic location as it only requires a really really short walk to the main attractions.

Hostel is under renovation but the living areas are brand new.

I was SO impressed with this hostel. Hands down the nicest one I've stayed at, even with the remodeling that was occurring during my stay. The bathrooms were nicer than my bathroom at home! I was very impressed with how modern and nice the rooms were.

The hostel is under remodelation so you stay with painters and other workers. There is some things for a sort of kitchen that you can use. The common area is close from 23 to 8:30 so you don´t have to place to stay in case you don´t want to return to your room. The room where I get had no personal light or electrical plug to charge cell phone or batterie. Also It has not curtain so the sun enter from dawn to dusk. There is no locker to left your personal things.

Our room and the sanitary facilities were freshly renovated, very clean and really nice. BUT: Kitchen was closed, what's disastrous in an city expensive like bruge. Due to renovation works the staircase and social area were a mess and uncomfortable (why not lowering price??). Only 4 showers working! Walls are like paper so it was quite noisy at night. The owner's metality fits more to barracks than to a hostel: Everywhere sheets with harsh commands and bans. Better go to Snuffles / Charly Rock!

• 21st Mar 2014

Hi, thanks for your comment, but we would like to sidecomment it. There are 6 showers in the building for 40 persons. The receptionist points always out where to find them. Yes social area was a bit of a mess, sorry for that. There are every where sheets, all saying the same thing. No smoking inside and no beer in the rooms ( Every hostel puts that up! ), we believe both conditions are not harsh . But 58% for these kind of rooms is ridiculous. You stated very clean and really nice.... so 58% ???

We stayed there last weekend, in the double room deluxe ensuite, which had no wardrobes, bed side tables or any furniture other than the bed (not what we paid for). We had to put our clothes on the floor. The windows, were full of condensation and over night leaked water down onto our clothes. Some unnecessary rules also e.g no food in room, no drink in room except water, and a lot of threats of fines, if we broke certain rules. Other than that staff were quite pleasant generally. Ha

Kitchen is not available at the moment and no locker available in rooms. But otherwise a clean and private showers are a big plus.

We loved this Hostel, our 2 bed female dorm was of adequate size, clean and modern decorated - the sink in the room was a nice touch. We loved the rustic feel of the social area. great location and the lady at reception was very friendly and helpful with regards of places to see and pubs to visit.

Loved the hostel and the never ending tea and coffee! It was also very nice to have a walking tour that left from the hostel and beer tasting right in the common room. I'm sure the hostel will be beautiful once all the renovations inside are complete however it was quite unfortunate that there was so much work going on during my stay.

I loved my stay at the Lybeer in Bruges! I found it very easy to meet people while it was still quiet and good for sleeping. The location is very easy to get to, and close to all the main attractions. I definitely recommend this place, and would stay here again!

Really beautiful hostel, undergoing renovations and I have no doubt it will be the most gorgeous building once its done. In a really great location, a 5 minute walk to the centre square. A great atmosphere, with helpful staff who organise walking and beer tasting tours. The bunk beds in the dorms were pretty cool too. Would definitely recommend, one of our favourite hostels :)

Great location, 5 minute walk to the Belfry and main square. The walking tour from the Hostel was great, highly recommend it. Good atmosphere, cheap beer at the hostel, and very friendly staff.

The hostel's being redone so the rooms are brand new and very clean in general. The showers on the 3rd floor didn't have hot water, but I think it was temporary due to the work that was being done. Very helpful staff, everything went well, I would definitely recommend it to anyone.

There is no staff after 11pm which means you have to enter some code to open the door. However the door is very difficult to open. I tried to check out at 7am. Again there is no staff so I have to come back at 10am to do the check out. Otherwise the hostel is good.

The hostel is undergoing renovation, hence why some of the facilities were lacking. For example, there were no kitchen facilities, not even plates or cutlery to eat any food on and no access to a tap in the downstairs area. The rooms itself were very nice with the basin, although there were no lights by the beds. I also found that the ladder for the bunk beds was not long enough and I often had to jump down, although I am 5'6''.

Nice hostel( new rooms and bathrooms),nice people,good location.

• 28th Feb 2014
  • Romania

Beautifull rooms and bathrooms. Everything is very clean.The staffs are friendly and they explain you everything. I recomand this hostel.

• 28th Feb 2014
  • Romania

Lybeer is hidden just off the main road when you first get to town from the train station & about 10-15mins from the Belfry. They are doing some renovations, so the common room is a bit of a mess, but no inconvenience otherwise. The place was clean, staff was friendly & wifi was good. Only complaints: lots of long narrow stairs to top floor (would suck if you had luggage) and too few bathrooms for too many people! 3rd floor had 1 toilet, 2 showers, 2 sinks for all of us (probably 20+ people).