Lybeer Travellers' Hostel Reviews

Korte Vuldersstraat 31, Bruges, Belgium

It was really cool! Staff was late to work in the morning and not there when we came to check in- but cheap beer at the bar!

I had an extremely pleasant time at the hostel. The staff was very helpful to me, and Seg (a staff member) brought my luggage from my room to the desk when I checked out. My room and the general public areas in the hostel was spotless. I will definitely stay there again should I go back to Bruges.

• 15th Sep 2014

Good hostel, reasonably priced beers in the bar, easy walk to the train station and the city centre. Bathroom situation is a little confusing, showers are scattered throughout the building as well as single-toilet bathrooms, with sinks in the bedrooms.

Great staff, great (cheap) beer, steep stairs! Location is minutes from the centre. Dorms are good. Showers were great. Lots of travellers from all over the world, easy to meet people and go for nights out. Not much to complain about at all, but a warning for bike tourers: no official bike parking for the hostel but I locked mine up outside on a lamppost.

• 14th Sep 2014

Great hostel! Staff was awesome and it was a perfect location.

Very posh atmosphere in the lobby, clean rooms and friendly staff. €2 happy hour at the bar was a bonus, but closing the lounge at midnight seemed a bit early as it basically forces everyone up to their rooms or out into the city.

Good location, walking distance to many cheap food places as well as the main city center attractions such as Markt Square and Burg Square. Only issue is small number of showers that has to be shared among the entire level of residents.

It was overall not bad

Good hostel, conveniently located close to the center of Brugge. The farthest attraction away was only a 10 minute walk from Lybeers. Good measures were taken for security at night since the hostel doesn't have anyone on reception after 11pm. The lounge area is a great place to hang out and meet fellow travelers, especially in the afternoon and early evening when everyone is making dinner or enjoying happy hour.

Clean, secure and good location. Good kitchen and a good atmosphere with the common room and organised walking tours/pub crawls. Staff not always friendly or available but otherwise it was a good stay.

This hostel is so good, great atmosphere with a bar and kitchen with a big common area, great chill vibes to meet others. The beer tasting, pub crawl and walking tours are all excellent, run by Matt each day (beer tasting tues and fri). The bathrooms are pretty good and clean, the 11 bed dorm is great with separate private booths for each bed with a powerpoint and light. The city is so small that everything is walking distance and it's only a few minutes to the centre square.

awesome place. great crowd and great common room to meet people in. best hostel of the 7 so far on this trip, no contest. the facilities were clean and had a lot of history, and the cubby style beds were more private/quiet/dark than most places. plus cheap beer and better than usual hostel WiFi...

Thank you so much again for making me feel so comfortable. You guys were awesome and I hope you the very best. Thanks again, Dikran Ohanian (Santa Barbara, California, USA)

• 6th Sep 2014

Great hostel, beautiful renovation!! Because it's a historical building, there's no elevator and they're not allowed to install one so don't blame them! I enjoyed my stay here and would definitely come back if/when I visit Bruges again. My only suggestions would be that the hostel should provide lockers in the rooms and change the locks on the doors. At one point I thought I had lost my key (but hadn't). Otherwise I would have been locked in the room. Dangerous if there's ever a fire.

Very tidy and pleasant place, rather laid back but not noisy when I stayed. Free wireless and coffee in the morning, good bar, friendly owners and guests. Only thing I didn't quite like were the bizarre rules displayed in each room and threatening €500 fines for disruptive behaviour including eating

• 6th Sep 2014
  • Poland

hey thanks for your great review, appreciated! The "rules" are mostly meant to be funny, don't take them too serious, it's us trying to be ironic :-) Welcome anytime, safe travels!

This was my first time in a hostel and I was really impressed! Gorgeous building with stunning chandeliers, small but well arranged bedrooms, the lady on the front door was lovely and very helpful with facilities and directions, the stairs are very steep but very funky, great free walking tour, all in a great location in a beautiful city!

The nicest building I've ever seen a hostel in. No lockers in the dorm but the building seemed pretty secure. Clean bathroom. Big common area and centrally located.

We stayed in a four person ensuite and really enjoyed our time at Lybeer.

Kitchen was useful and nice lounge space. Loved the complementary coffee in the morning. Overall, very spacious and clean dorms

Me and my brother are traveling around Europe, the staff are extremely friendly and always happy to help, Brugge is one of the best and most charming cities in Europe and this hostel is the perfect starting point to see it from, if you are visiting the city as we did for the food and the drink, the hostel organise beer tastings, walking tours, pub crawls all free, the staff are all extremely knowledgeable. You won't find a better hostel in the area

• 4th Sep 2014