Lybeer Travellers' Hostel Reviews

Korte Vuldersstraat 31, Bruges, Belgium

Very nice hostel, ground floor feels almost like a fancy hotel, you'll understand when you arrive! No elevator, which makes walking up to the 3rd floor (actually 4th by American reckoning) a chore. Location is a little ways from central station, but as a result right next to the action for sightseeing.

this place was my favourite hostel all trip.

• 12th May 2015

Beautiful hostel, great location,the pod beds are amazing! Free coffee and tea. Awesome common room and bar. Great place to meet people and have fun exploring the city. Downsides:no lockers, but staff will hold onto your passport/small valuables if you ask. showers are limited and get crowded at peak times. Overall would definitely stay here again and recommend highly!

Very friendly staff with extensive knowledge. Really nice lounge area with a constant flow of people so easy to meet if you're travelling solo. No lockers in the small room for 8 that we had but I never felt that security was an issue. Having visited some other hostels in bruges I would stay here again.

Our room would hade been better with a bedside table, hooks on the walls for hanging clothes. The window curtains prevents the window from fully opening, which would nice to do. It also smelled like a plumbing trap in our bathroom was malfunctioning, because from time to time it would smell like sewage in the bathroom.

• 10th May 2015
  • Sweden

This was a phenomenal hostel! The family were extremely friendly, and there was a seriously great vibe around the nightly happy hours. The location is right in the middle of Bruges, just 5 minutes walking from the Grand Place and close to inexpensive food. I would happily stay here again.

The location, between the station and the city centre was really good, and there was a cosy bar, so it was reasonably easy to meet people, but some of the facilities I'd expect in a modern hostel (eg. lockers, individual electrical outlets and reading lights) were missing.

Hi there, thank you for your comment. However we believe you're not giving people the right information: lockers under the beds (!), plus we have a secured luggage room next to reception, there are a lot of outlets everywhere throughout the hostel and reading lights attached to your dorm bed. But thanks again, safe travels.

Super nice location with nice bar and friendly stuff. Only towels were out when I arrived and the price is pretty tough, but not very uncommon for hostels in Brugge.

• 8th May 2015

The Hostel is really great. Great pub with very good beer at a great price; Great location; Very clean room and recently modernized (I stayed in a double-bed private ensuite); Friendly and helpful staff. Surely recommend it

The staff was rude to me. When I arrived at 2:30pm, there was no one at the reception. I went in the common area and said to someone that I wanted to check-in. I was rudely told to wait for half an hour (waiting isn't an issue for me, rudeness is.) coz the staff is having lunch. I waited for over an hour and no one had the courtesy to call me when they got back to reception. Finally, I had to go and request for check-in again and then they were out of bed linen. I would not stay again.

This is a nice hostel ! The staff were friendly and helpful, the common area was huuge and really nice. Beer was reasonably priced at the bar and in general there was a pretty solid atmosphere. Only thing I'd suggest was that I wish they had lockers in the room or something to help with security a bit.

The hostel is in a fantastic location and easy to get to from the train station. The hostel runs walking tours and pub crawls, so always lots to do. The facilities are okay, the kitchen quite small. The hostel is in really good condition, except for the staircase which has a very flimsy handrail with tape holding it together in places. Room was quite small, but manageable. Staff were great and always happy to have a beer with you. I would definitely stay here again.

I arrived at this Hostel and the staff wern't too fussed about checking me in. Room was great, facilities were above average for a hostel, and common area was huge. The bar and kitchen top notch for a hostel and rooftop terrace was just ace. But the staff who work there always just seem to rather turn the music up louder than help you out. Everytime anyone asked for something their response was "yeah just in a minute". I suppose it is a hostel after all.

Hi there, really sorry to hear you felt this way. We are considered to be one of the most friendly hostels around, with the highest rating in town, and the vast majority of people truly appreciate our style. So we're surprised to hear you weren't satisfied. When we are super busy (almost every day now), it's possible that you need to wait sometimes a minute or two, but we are always there to help you out no matter what. So take care and hope to make it up to you one day! Safe travels

Great hostel. Excellent location.

Really nice modern hostel in a medevil setting. Staff are friendly and are keen to point out the best places to go in Bruges. Dorms hav pods for beds which I think is SUCH a good idea 😀. No breakfast but kitchen is there if u want it and there's loads of places to go just down the street. Overall a cracking stay.

This is an absolutely ideal place to stay in Bruges!! It is excellent value for money, one of the cleanest places I have ever stayed and the staff are really very friendly : ) I would highly recommend this Hostel!

• 29th Apr 2015

Fantastic hostel! Recently renovated - beautiful, classy interior & very clean yet in a traditional old building. Great common area with a bar that's very social. Staff is the best, especially Siggy at the reception/behind the bar. Have stayed in dozens of hostels around the world & Lybeer was one of my favorites!

• 29th Apr 2015
  • Poland

This hostel was amazing, so much more than what I could ever expect. Thank you so much to everyone that ran the hostel. You guys rocked! Friendly, helpful and always with a smile :) This is by far one of the top hostels I have stayed. Definitely staying there again if I'm back in brugge. Again thank you for everything .. Marcelo

Fantastic place. Location is great and everyone really friendly.

• 28th Apr 2015

You're fantastic too! :-) Thank you very much, welcome back anytime. Safe travels

Reception and the kitchen should open before 8:30AM.

They do open earlier, we open at 8:00AM :-) Bye, safe travels!