Lybeer Travellers' Hostel Reviews

Korte Vuldersstraat 31, Bruges, Belgium

Excellent hostel (best in Bruges I tried), very nice atmosphere. The location is perfect, everything worth visiting within walking distance. Staff was really nice and helpful. Rooms and facilities very new and modern. Breakfast was great value for money too. Will stay again next time I'm there.

• 24th Dec 2013

I would strongly recommend this hostel to everyone visiting Bruges. Location couldn't be better right where the city centre starts and only 5 to 10 minutes walking from the train station. Rooms were impeccable and brand new, never seen cleaner bathrooms than at Lybeer's. Staff helped me out a lot during my stay.

• 24th Dec 2013
  • Argentina

Overall, I enjoyed my time here. The bathrooms were under construction while I was there, so I had to walk to another floor to shower or use the toilet. Other than that, I enjoyed it.

• 23rd Dec 2013

Photos on web look better than it is in real life. The stairs up to the rooms are like something out of a history museum, so old and small it feels like they will fall down. But apart from that its good. The location is excellent as it is only around the corner from the main square. I would go back.

Shared showers with almost everyone in the hostel due to the renovations, broken glass window outside of my dorm, heating didn't work as radiators needed bled, breakfast looked awful. Bedroom was small and 4 girls struggled to fit in together due to baggage etc. Staff were pleasant, beer was slightly overpriced but better than the rest of the bars in Bruges, would recommend Kriek from Carrefour.

• 21st Dec 2013
  • Scotland

Thank you for your comment, we're sorry to hear you felt this way. A few remarks though: heating works perfectly fine, we haven't had problems with this, did you turn them on properly? Breakfast is good value for money, only € 4. You booked a "small basic 4bed dorm" which is obviously smaller than all other dorms. Beer is not overpriced, it's the cheapest in the city actually, € 2.5 compared to € 4 anywhere else in town. Hope to make it up to you one day. Safe travels!

For a night or two it's a nice place. During the night it was really loud however. The walls are thin and you can hear every door opening and closing in the hallway. With many people staying there the doors open every few minutes. Earplugs are definitely recommend. The mattresses were quite soft although they seemed quite new. Parts of the place are newly renovated.

Parts of the place?????? All the rooms are finished!!!!!!! The hallway needs only new carpet. Inside the rooms everything is brand new, this comment doesnt reflect the real situation. But thanks anyway.

Bruges is a quiet old city but Lybeers is a good enough hostel to Offset that. Good beds and location, it isn't perfect however. I went during long term renovations which obviously limits my viewpoint of what the hostel will become. I'm confident it will come out alright though. Paid breakfast which isn't great. Beautiful building.

Still some construction going on but it's gonna bee a nice place, when it's finished.

Stay here!!! They are remolding the place so some things are in the middle of being finished, but it's not a problem. The bathrooms are new and clean, and so are the rooms. They lounge is very cozy and a great place to hangout. The location is wonderful. Its very close to everything. The kitchen had not bed remolded yet when we were there (not sure about now). The kitchen was very old and dirty, so if you are cooking that may be a problem. If not, everything was great. No lockers.

Hostel was really good, currently going through some renovations but the room we were in was just finished and was amazing!!! Cant wait to see it all finished properly :)

Was really cold when I first got there, but seemed to warm up at night. The mattresses had huge stains on them & rips on the sides, and some of the blankets had stains which was...disconcerting. Bathrooms were clean, though. Lots of unsafe stairs to get to your rooms. Bruges is small enough that it's easy to get around everywhere so location was fine. Cool free walking tour of the city. Hostel felt deserted most of the time even when people were there - they don't seem to hangout in the lobby.

Very enjoyable stay. Very helpful staff. Cheap beer!

• 15th Dec 2013

The hostel is in the process of being renovated (bathrooms on second floor are being done up, etc) so some of the facilities are missing. I was in a newly renovated room that was missing a few things like curtains or blinds for the window. Also we had lights above our individual beds but no bulbs and the wires were hanging out. Once they finish the renovations this hostel will be very nice and modern. A few things to note - no elevator and lots of steep stairs, no lockers in the rooms.

The hostel was in a good location and the facilities were all fine. The rooms had been renovated so the were new and clean. Their werent very many toilets and showers though and our room didn't have lockers and although we had keys to the rooms, we came back to our room at times and it wasn't even locked so not great on security. There were lots of tours from the hostel which was great and I guess cause it was a quiet time of year there wasn't much going on atmosphere wise...

Didnt realise that there wasnt really a common room area to hang out in as it closed in the evening. when me and my friend wanted to chill for a bit before going to our separate dorms there wasnt really any wind down space. other than that the re furbs made the rooms looks more clean. Was a good location for us as it was close to the car park that we drove into.

Friendly and helpful staff. Renovated parts are really good but as it's unfinished, some guests have to go up/down the stairs to use toilet/shower/sink so it's inconvenient. Clean sheets but mattress was old and stained so looked a bit nasty. There is no locker for secure storage but you can leave case at the reception if you like. Excellent location. Will be quite lovely once the works are finished. Good value for money as Brugge is very expensive.

Going to be amazing hostel once renovations are complete. We stayed in the newer rooms and really had a comfty stay. Kept very clean by hard working staff. Nice hot showers. Breakfast a bit steep for 4 euros. Kitchen is small but will be replaced soon by new and bigger kitchen. highly recommend staying here.

The hostel is currently undergoing huge renovations so there is a lot of dirt,tools and workmen around as one might expect. The renovated rooms are great though. The location is good, the staff friendly and the room was clean.

We had a really nice stay at Lybeer. The staff were friendly and helpful and it's a good hostel to meet other people. It was undergoing renovations at the stage, however, the rooms were finished and were nice and clean. It will be excellent once all the renovations are done.

Great location, super nice room, and quiet. Room, shower and toilet areas were clean and newly remodeled. There is still ongoing construction but it was of minimal impact to our stay. No hot water in kitchen made for less than sanitary cleanup of breakfast dishes. I expect this was temporary due to remaining construction. Staff seemed a bit stressed, probably due to managing business while remaining remodel work is finished. Lybeer will be even more fantastic as remaining work completes.