Lybeer Travellers' Hostel Reviews

Korte Vuldersstraat 31, Bruges, Belgium

First of all, the location can't get any better than this. 5-10 minutes walk from the Grand Markt and most of the places of interest. Staff was very helpful and welcoming. Special thanks to Alina and Adriana for being wonderful hosts. Kai the historian/guide for the walking tours, beer tasting, and pub crawls was witty and hilarious! I would recommend taking all his tours. The beds were very comfortable and clean. I would definitely visit again!

This hostel is the best hostel I've ever been to and its was my 10th hostel on my trip and it was the best. Staff are really nice, clean as fuc* the bathroom and nice little chill area and nice patio

My stay at the hostel was ok. Had the single private which had a sink in the room which was handy. Bed was comfortable but pillow was like an envelope. Atmosphere was quite average in the hostel, a few 50,60+ people getting around and they sure know how to whinge and complain and bring the conversation mood down. I was there over a Friday and would recommend the beer tasting even if it was 80% men. Not a good hostel for meeting women or other party animals to go out with. Staff were very good.

Hi there, thanks for your comment. Every night is different, depending on the crowd there. There's young and old, shy and outgoing. So you really can't say we're not a good hostel for meeting women for example because there just happened to be more men than women that very night :-) We keep stats, on average 60% women here if you really want to know. Anyway, just wanted to get that straight, thanks for your feedback, enjoy the rest of your travels! :-)

Our room was fantastic but the night we were there the guy who does the beer tastings and tours was gone so all those events were cancelled. Otherwise it was very clean and a great value for money with the opportunity to meet a lot of people. More showers/sinks would be nice though

Great hostel! The bar and kitchen make it really great for meeting other travelers, and the happy hour is a sweet deal. Close to everything (Bruges isn't that big either) and the front desk was very welcoming. Only complaint is they don't have your typical big lockers under the bed for your backpack. Overall a great stay and a great experience!

Very friendly, helpful and interesting stuff A good common room for meeting new people Nice kitchen, even provide free hot tea and coffee! Nice bathroom :D No breakfast but they do recommend some restaurants for breakfast (and lunch and dinner) and they are really good! No elevator, quite difficult for travelers with big luggage(like me) to bring the belongings upstairs I had some old bunk beds and they look fragile and will easily broke>< Pillows and blankets are worn out.

• 1st Jun 2015
  • Hong Kong

Good location, town was great to stay in. We stayed in a private room, comfortable and clean. Door into the hallway as thin so you could hear everyone coming and going from other rooms.

The 6 bed room I was in was extremely cramped. Should not have more than four beds! On 3rd floor only shower that had hot water was the one with a toilet which is problematic. At one point I had to go to the first floor to use the bathroom. Beds have lights and outlets which is nice, bar and happy hour are very nice. Adequate kitchen. Pillows need to be better and realistic lockers would be nice. Nobody wants to lay on the floor to access a tiny locker. Staff was nice but new so slow.

No lift! Quite difficult to "climb" with big lugagge. The room for 6 was a bit crowdy... But nice place! Excellent location

The bedroom was big and confortable, with nice beds and linen. We missed some place to put our luggage and maybe some hooks for hanging towels and clothes. The bar was great an we could try some beers at night (there was a tasting beers night). They could offer a optional breakfast too.

Fantastic little hostel in the heart of Bruges. The owners, atmosphere and their happy hour offers added to the beauty of this little town. Well-equipped kitchen, comfortable and unique bar/lounge, and decent bedrooms.

The rooms were really small for 4 people, but overall this was a great hostel in an awesome location.

Location is walkable to/from anywhere in town, including the train station. Unfortunately there was some sewer work taking place in the street right out front, but this isn't the hostel's fault. I had a private room on the top floor. Stairs are steep and the railing felt like it would fall apart if I leaned on it too hard, but the room itself was nice. Bathrooms were fine. I didn't spend much time mingling; too busy exploring Bruges. There is an alternate wifi for the top floor if needed.

Staff really friendly and helpful Single room was adequate bed very comfy and the sink was handy Common room/bar area was great always clean Although construction was being done on the road outside no noise from this was heard from the room in the mornings Very easy to get around from and only a few mins from the centre Shower was always hot Excellent beer tasting

• 27th May 2015

I had a good time here. I went to the other hostel in town for the walking tour and pub crawl and i would have stayed there if there was room. It had a cooler bar area and lounge area. Cant remember the name but whatever.

Lovely place. Street construction was going on directly in front of the hostel, which was obviously quite loud. I have no complaints about the hostel. Nice room. Very clean.

Stayed one night in a 4-bed dorm. Perfect location. Nice and friendly staff. The atmosphere was rather quiet and sleepy, only few people in the bar, not many activities going on. Maybe I just arrived on the wrong day. The building is recently renovated and feels cozy, though some things seemed a bit unfinished. There was a sink in the room, but I didn't find any electrical socket around my bed, only on the opposite wall. In general, it's a very good place to stay.

Wonderful place. Lovely old building, very close to the main parts of Bruges, only a short walk to the square! Staff were very lovely, rooms very clean and bright. Atmosphere great, very relaxed and family-like! Would love to stay here again.

6 bed dorm was very cramped. Top floor needs 2 toilets not just one. very clean and comfortable rooms and bathrooms/sink area. Beautiful lobby area!

Good hostel, pricey though.