Lybeer Travellers' Hostel Reviews

Korte Vuldersstraat 31, Bruges, Belgium

The building is really nice and the beer tasting was fun. Rooms were lovely, small but lovely. The showers are really nice however the hot water is spontaneous which is not a quality you want in hot water. Great location. Lots of shops and beautiful buildings around there. Would definitely recommend Oyya for waffles. Very close and very delicious.

• 12th Nov 2015

Lybeer is one of the most beautiful hostels I've ever stayed in - huge common room complete with actual chandeliers. The happy hour is great, best value beers in Bruges!

Frankly amazed at the quality of the twin room. Bathrooms were modern and clean too. We had a good stay.

The nicest owners ever! My friend and I had a great time hanging out even in their slow season. Super clean and in a perfect location. I definitely recommend staying here whether you're looking for a quiet spot to relax or solo and looking for a cool place to meet people. Thanks Lybeer!

Great location even though old town is small, easily able to walk to all the sights, bars and other important things like chocolate shops. Staff were lovely and helpful, in particular our tour guide who was probably the best we've ever had. Rooms were a little crammed but the hot shower was the best I've had since home. Really comfy common room with a bar, good atmosphere. All in all a fantastic place to stay.

Rooms and bathrooms were alright,beds were uncomfortable ! Stairways are very small, so be prepared for that. I found the staff very hard to reach when we checked in, and wanted to check out. Incredibly loud in the lounge in the evening because of other travellers taking control of the volume of the speakers.

The hostel is over 100 years old, so don't get too harsh with the space itself - in a town like Bruges, there isn't much they can do. That being said, they do a great job of trying to update what they can and our dorm room had been recently redone. The staff are friendly, and the common areas are very pretty. The real gem is the location to the sights themselves. Right up the road is the main square. Highly recommended.

Didn't spend much time here, just slept really but everything was super clean and quite new. The staff were friendly and helpful, free coffee and tea. Great location (though everything is close in Bruges). The bar seemed pretty cool. Everything is expensive in Belgium, so not bad value for money. Wifi works great too!

About a ten minute walk to the main square, very small rooms (I was in a 6 person dorm and it was VERY crammed. Staff was very nice. There was no hot water either time I showered, huge disappointment as when you're traveling showers are supposed to be relaxing.

I was very confortable, even I passed the whole day waking around. Many thanks for te place, and I hope to return once more

• 5th Nov 2015
  • Argentina

very friendly and helpful staff, location within the old town very close to the most important sights

• 5th Nov 2015
  • Poland

Awesome location, good staff. Cheap breakfast right around the corner (Hema €2 for an egg sandwich, croissant, orange juice and coffee from 9am-10am Monday through Saturday). Suggestion though: if you're going to have a beer tasting maybe serve the beers in the glasses they are meant to be served in?

Newly renovated, it's clean and inexpensive. Great option for travelers coming from train station with heavy bags.

It was lovely. Everyone was very kind. The facilities were clean, and well organized.

• 31st Oct 2015

Great place close to the centre and attractions. Nice comfy bar with cheap happy hour beer and fun beer tasting. Free walking tour. Easy to meet people. Staff friendly and helpful. Free coffee and tea. Overall would recommend.

The recycle bin and garbage handled. The refrigerator was filthy and unorganized. The kitchen did not open until on a morning and on Sunday

The place was nice and the facilities were modern but unfortunately there were no lockers in the dorms. If not for this oversight it would be a great hostel.

*FIY: lockers were under your bed :-)

It gets the job done for one night. Clean, nice staff, you shouldn't spend much time at the hostel though, Brugge is beautiful.

I enjoyed my stay at this hostel. The owner is very friendly and has poured his heart into the business. It's incredibly clean and one of the cutest hostels I've stayed in. My biggest problem was with the staff. I couldn't identify who the staff members were and there often would be no one at reception. When I needed help with a few simple things it seemed like I was putting them out.

• 29th Oct 2015

Nice little hostel, stairs to get to the other floors are awkward but nothing to be scared of! lovely old building, nice kitchen and bar area. Good location, bruge is small anyway so its close to everything.