Lybeer Travellers' Hostel Reviews

Korte Vuldersstraat 31, Bruges, Belgium

Fantastic location. Staff very helpful. Enjoyed our stay!

• 15th Jul 2014

It was a good stay, the one thing that disappointed was that if you checked-out before reception hours then you lost your key deposit. Which was 10 of my euros gone...

Hi there, thank you for your comment. We would like to add however that nobody "loses" their key deposit. It's clearly mentioned during check-in and on several locations throughout the hostel that if you wish to check out before reception opens, you need to ask for your key deposit back the night before. Kindly e-mail us with your bank account details and we'll be happy to refund you your € 10. Safe travels, welcome back anytime! Take care, Lybeer

staff is nice, kitchen is big and have good facility! many charges in room and common area.

Really amazing hostel and lovely staff.

Hi there, we think you're amazing and lovely too! :-) Greets from sunny Bruges!

Only 1 sink on my floor and no lockers to secure your belongings. Location was great and I highly recommend the free walking tour.

We believe this comment is completely false. First of all, there is clearly more than 1 sink per floor since most dorm rooms have their own sink. There are public sinks as well. Secondly, lockers are installed under the beds, and those few dorms that don't have lockers installed can make use of our secured storage room next to reception. So people, kindly ignore this comment, except the bit on the highly recommended walking tour, that's true! ;-) Cheers!

It was a bit hard to find, tucked behind the main street, but the location was good, 10 min to the train station. The lobby and bar were good, with good happy hour specials. The rooms were comfortable with a vanity in room. The bathrooms on each floor were also really nice with very nice showers.

Very nice hostel in the heart of Brugge. Comfy beds and easy to get to.

Thank you, appreciated! Safe travels

If I'm ever on Bruges, this is where I'm staying. Between the ber tasting, cheap bar in house and the staff, one of my favorite hostels.

Hey! Thank you so much for your great feedback, we'll recommend you as a guest to future hostels! :-) Take care man, always welcome, Lybeer

Good location - 10 minutes from train and 10 minutes from main square. Everything else - terribel: receptionist was rude and didn't give me the sheets and towel I should have gotten, At 23:00 she told everyone to leave the common area because she wants "to go to bed". Reception, kitchen and common area close at 23:00 and only open at 08:30 (!). Not enough toilets per guests and shower was dirty. No elevator and very steep staircaise (3 floors). No young vibe, mainly for families. Go elsewhere

Hi, we're sorry to hear you weren't happy with your stay, most people are very happy, we're the highest rated hostel in Bruges.We would like to add that 80% of our guests are young travelers between 20 and 25 years old, so we do have a very young vibe at our hostel. Families are welcome too. During the week the common room closes at 23.00, Fridays at midnight. We do this mainly for people that want to have a good night's rest. Hope to make it up to you one day, safe travels! Cheers, Lybeer :-)

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. Fantastic facilities, kitchen and bathrooms were awesome! Common area good for meeting people!

We had a great night at the hostel. Everything worked very well. I strongly recomend it!

It's been awesome having you as a guest too, do come back one day! Safe travels, Lybeer staff

Great place, met a lot of nice people, excellent location. Rooms are a bit small and cramped, but that's not really an issue. The staff was really nice and helpful, too.

Very pleasant stay although the stairs were a bit dodgy. Very happy over all.

• 5th Jul 2014

Thanks for your comment. Hostel is located in an old, completely renovated house in the medieval city centre of Bruges. This is how stairs look like here, nothing to be worried about, welcome to beautiful Bruges! :-) Safe travels

Staff seemed to prefer not being bothered by guests. A lot of giggling and laughing behind backs in their local language.

Hi, we're very sorry to hear you felt this way. Could you e-mail us and explain more precisely what happened, so we can work on further improving our services. Most people are very happy with our staff, we do everything to make your stay unforgettable and make you feel welcome from the start! We speak multiple languages here, doesn't mean there's laughing behind your back, you just didn't speak those languages, could that have been the problem? Anyway, safe travels, see you again one day!

Facilities were all right, though some showers didn't have hot water. People tended to block the doorway a lot and sometimes it took a while for someone to be at the front desk. Rooms were nice and clean though.

• 4th Jul 2014

All our facilities are brand new, just like all rooms, kitchen, downstairs area, showers, toilets, etc.. There is always hot water. What do you mean people tended to block the doorway? You mean the people sitting outside socializing? We try to serve everyone's needs so we are not always behind the front desk but all over the place trying to see where we can be of use (kitchen, bar, common room, upstairs, etc..) But thanks for your comment, do come back one day, safe travels!

Very nice hostel with cool rooms and a big bar area on the first floor. Bruges is a tiny town and you're right in the middle of it. They partner with other hostels to provide tours, pub crawls, etc. No lockers and the lock on my room didn't work which made me a bit uncomfortable.

Great hostel, great staff, great atmosphere. The free walking tour was awesome! The communal kitchen and bathrooms were very clean. I thought the price of a private single room was a but steep though, considering you still had to use shared bathrooms, but other than that I had no complaints. I would stay here again.

Perfect stay at this great hostel! It is a beautifully restored house and everythig is new! One of the owners, who was at the reception desk was really nice and helpful (and very handsome I've gotta say) The location is great! Not far from the train station and really close to the main attractions! 100% recommended!

Awesome review, thanks so much! Take care and hope to welcome you again one day! Lybeer

Amazing hostel! Nicely renovated, so clean, great kitchen, awesome common area/bar. I loved it here. Would highly recommend it to anyone. The staff here were very friendly as well

Thanks for your wonderful review! Always welcome, safe travels! Lybeer

Great place, clean, friendly great common room!