Lybeer Travellers' Hostel Reviews

Korte Vuldersstraat 31, Bruges, Belgium

This hostel is so good, great atmosphere with a bar and kitchen with a big common area, great chill vibes to meet others. The beer tasting, pub crawl and walking tours are all excellent, run by Matt each day (beer tasting tues and fri). The bathrooms are pretty good and clean, the 11 bed dorm is great with separate private booths for each bed with a powerpoint and light. The city is so small that everything is walking distance and it's only a few minutes to the centre square.

awesome place. great crowd and great common room to meet people in. best hostel of the 7 so far on this trip, no contest. the facilities were clean and had a lot of history, and the cubby style beds were more private/quiet/dark than most places. plus cheap beer and better than usual hostel WiFi...

Thank you so much again for making me feel so comfortable. You guys were awesome and I hope you the very best. Thanks again, Dikran Ohanian (Santa Barbara, California, USA)

Great hostel, beautiful renovation!! Because it's a historical building, there's no elevator and they're not allowed to install one so don't blame them! I enjoyed my stay here and would definitely come back if/when I visit Bruges again. My only suggestions would be that the hostel should provide lockers in the rooms and change the locks on the doors. At one point I thought I had lost my key (but hadn't). Otherwise I would have been locked in the room. Dangerous if there's ever a fire.

Very tidy and pleasant place, rather laid back but not noisy when I stayed. Free wireless and coffee in the morning, good bar, friendly owners and guests. Only thing I didn't quite like were the bizarre rules displayed in each room and threatening €500 fines for disruptive behaviour including eating

• 6th Sep 2014
  • Poland

hey thanks for your great review, appreciated! The "rules" are mostly meant to be funny, don't take them too serious, it's us trying to be ironic :-) Welcome anytime, safe travels!

This was my first time in a hostel and I was really impressed! Gorgeous building with stunning chandeliers, small but well arranged bedrooms, the lady on the front door was lovely and very helpful with facilities and directions, the stairs are very steep but very funky, great free walking tour, all in a great location in a beautiful city!

The nicest building I've ever seen a hostel in. No lockers in the dorm but the building seemed pretty secure. Clean bathroom. Big common area and centrally located.

The room was a little small... not a lot of space between the beds. No lockers in the room, but a place to put the luggage when you leave in the afternoon. Washroom is very clean. No breakfast. A few beers available downstairs with a nice atmosphere with other travelers. Nice terrace outside, but closing early at night. Not a lot of discussion with staff.

We stayed in a four person ensuite and really enjoyed our time at Lybeer.

Kitchen was useful and nice lounge space. Loved the complementary coffee in the morning. Overall, very spacious and clean dorms

Me and my brother are traveling around Europe, the staff are extremely friendly and always happy to help, Brugge is one of the best and most charming cities in Europe and this hostel is the perfect starting point to see it from, if you are visiting the city as we did for the food and the drink, the hostel organise beer tastings, walking tours, pub crawls all free, the staff are all extremely knowledgeable. You won't find a better hostel in the area

• 4th Sep 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

It's the second time we've stayed here and now the building work is finished the Lybeers really is a great place to stay. You can't beat the location and the facilities are modern and spotlessly clean. A good atmosphere I would not hesitate to recommend to anyone but be aware there are a lot of stairs (64) to the top floor

• 4th Sep 2014

The staff were lovely, friendly and welcoming and made sure that we were making the most of our trip by advising us on all the top spots to go. The beds were comfy and the rooms well kept, as well as the new bathrooms that were nice and modern. would highly recommend this hostel as it is definite value for money.

• 3rd Sep 2014

Excellent location, close to the train station and the city center; the staff was really helpful and nice with a strange sense of humor (strange good), the common area was nice and you get to know different people, their beer was cheap and delicious. Bruges is a city that you really fall in love with.

Price and location of this hostel are unbeatable. Also the environment of the floors, bathrooms and bedrooms is pretty great. Unfortunately the reception only opens at 8:30, so if you plan to check out early there is no way to get back the key deposit. The introduction by the reception staff was quite detailed, though a bit too long. Most things mentioned are a nobrainer. Anyway, I would probably return to this hostel in the future.

Hey, thanks for your awesome review! If you wish to check out earlier, you need to ask your key deposit back the night before, this is mentioned during check-in. Hope to welcome you again one day! Safe travels, Lybeer

Everything was perfect!

• 1st Sep 2014
  • Turkey

By far one of the best hostels I've stayed at!! Very clean! And really friendly staff. I was worried about showing up after reception closed at 11 (train took longer than anticipated), but everything was waiting in an envelope when I arrived on the desk. Good kitchen / cooking facilities. Great outdoor patio area - but weaker wifi signal outside. Great signal in the dorms though. I was in room 2 - with very sturdy bunks that are designed into the walls. Fantastic experience here!

Wow, amazing review, very much appreciated! Do come back! :-)

Staff was friendly and helpful, facilities and location excellent. No complaints.

• 1st Sep 2014

Hey man, thanks for your great comment! We also can't thank you enough for the great piano sessions you did, everyone was having an amazing time! Welcome anytime! :-)

It was close to both the station and the center. The only negative was the dorm was tiny.

Excellent hostel! New facilities, really clean, great location. Bar downstairs makes it really easy to meet people, and the staff are really helpful. Great kitchen facilities, and free coffee is a winner. Would recommend!