Lybeer Travellers' Hostel Reviews

Korte Vuldersstraat 31, Bruges, Belgium

The hostel is in a fantastic location and easy to get to from the train station. The hostel runs walking tours and pub crawls, so always lots to do. The facilities are okay, the kitchen quite small. The hostel is in really good condition, except for the staircase which has a very flimsy handrail with tape holding it together in places. Room was quite small, but manageable. Staff were great and always happy to have a beer with you. I would definitely stay here again.

I arrived at this Hostel and the staff wern't too fussed about checking me in. Room was great, facilities were above average for a hostel, and common area was huge. The bar and kitchen top notch for a hostel and rooftop terrace was just ace. But the staff who work there always just seem to rather turn the music up louder than help you out. Everytime anyone asked for something their response was "yeah just in a minute". I suppose it is a hostel after all.

Hi there, really sorry to hear you felt this way. We are considered to be one of the most friendly hostels around, with the highest rating in town, and the vast majority of people truly appreciate our style. So we're surprised to hear you weren't satisfied. When we are super busy (almost every day now), it's possible that you need to wait sometimes a minute or two, but we are always there to help you out no matter what. So take care and hope to make it up to you one day! Safe travels

Great hostel. Excellent location.

Really nice modern hostel in a medevil setting. Staff are friendly and are keen to point out the best places to go in Bruges. Dorms hav pods for beds which I think is SUCH a good idea 😀. No breakfast but kitchen is there if u want it and there's loads of places to go just down the street. Overall a cracking stay.

This is an absolutely ideal place to stay in Bruges!! It is excellent value for money, one of the cleanest places I have ever stayed and the staff are really very friendly : ) I would highly recommend this Hostel!

• 29th Apr 2015

Fantastic hostel! Recently renovated - beautiful, classy interior & very clean yet in a traditional old building. Great common area with a bar that's very social. Staff is the best, especially Siggy at the reception/behind the bar. Have stayed in dozens of hostels around the world & Lybeer was one of my favorites!

• 29th Apr 2015
  • Poland

This hostel was amazing, so much more than what I could ever expect. Thank you so much to everyone that ran the hostel. You guys rocked! Friendly, helpful and always with a smile :) This is by far one of the top hostels I have stayed. Definitely staying there again if I'm back in brugge. Again thank you for everything .. Marcelo

Fantastic place. Location is great and everyone really friendly.

• 28th Apr 2015

You're fantastic too! :-) Thank you very much, welcome back anytime. Safe travels

It was a very good hostel. Very clean and new furnitures, comfortable beds.. The only negative point I should add that it was quite noisy in the morning. I could not sleep in because of that.

Reception and the kitchen should open before 8:30AM.

They do open earlier, we open at 8:00AM :-) Bye, safe travels!

really liked the hostel - especially happy hour. could maybe dos with better directions to the hostel.

hi there, thanks for your comment, we liked you too! :-) You could have read our excellent directions on our website, hostelworld profile, your booking confirmation, facebook page, etc... Only 10 minutes walking from train station, super easy to find. Cheers!

Absolutely great location in Bruges. Walking distance from train station and from most everywhere you would want to go in Bruges. Great city as a whole. Facilities here are new, clean and nice. Very cool, relaxed meeting area where it is easy to drink/socialize with other guests. The hosts were very nice and accommodating, and I think they are all family, but as with many hostels that have been around and seen a lot of people come and go, they seemed burned out. Overall it was a great experience

Hey, thanks for your comment. We can be busy, we can be tired but never burned out! :-) Enjoy the rest of your travels, do come again one day! Cheers

It was great, I would definitely stay there again.

The spiral stairway is pretty scary when your one hand carry ur cabin luggage and the other hand hold on to the hand rail. As the hand rail is not stable as some part even has taped around the rail. I'm question about the safeness concern for the house guest. And no one tell us about if there is any other way to get up. Thin wall as you can hear the noise of front the next room. The front desk lady very helpful and informative when question raised. The room very clean and cozy.

Stayed for 2 nights and had a good experience overall. Was very clean and good kitchen facilities. Was easy to get around. There was just a weird crowd at the hostel (all school children the first night and second night everyone was 40+) otherwise enjoyed my experience

Hi there, thanks for your comment. We checked the nights you stayed here, first night there was a school group of about 17 teenagers, the other 63 guests didn't belong to that group and were normal backpackers in their 20s. Second night there were only 4 guests over 40, so you're kinda wrong about it. But happy you enjoyed otherwise! Take care, enjoy your travels and do come again one day!

Stayed in a private room with my girlfriend which was great! Very clean, with modern ensuite. The hostel was in a fantastic location, 15min walk from the Train station, 15min walk to Markt square. Local amenities including supermarket 2 min away from the hostel and reasonably priced restaurants just 10min walk away. The staff in the hostel were very accommodating, and the free tour was great! Only downside was that a phone charger was stolen from kitchen on first day, not hostels fault though.

• 21st Apr 2015
  • Northern Ireland

The staff while nice tended to be smoking outside or chatting amongst themselves more than normal hostel staff. Also, all the staff was not local. Maybe it was because I visited in May but the atmosphere was dead.

This was a great place to stay at. I will definitely recommend this place to any of my friends.

Clean and well kept hostel with a fun and relaxed bar in the main room. Full of friendly people and excellent staff who are very knowledgeable and willing to help. We stayed in a twin double; the room was great. The hostel is in a perfect location right in town and is also reasonably priced. The wifi worked very well. Overall a great hostel.

a little walk outside the main square, but seeing as you can walk across the whole town in about 15mins, it's not that far lol. only downside is that there aren't any lockers, that being said I never felt like myself or any of my possessions were in danger. I'd say it's one of the top hostels in Bruges, whatever you do tho don't stay at Charlie Rockets (not good)

Oops, you didn't see the lockers? They were under the bed, most people seem to be able to find them :-) Come again one day, thanks for your review! Cheers