Lybeer Travellers' Hostel Reviews

Korte Vuldersstraat 31, Bruges, Belgium

This is one of those smaller places that have a ton of character, and small enough that everyone interacts with everyone. This place was amazing, really close to the train station, the belfry and cheap food options. Really easy to meet people downstairs thanks to the effort the receptionist, owners, and tour guide put in every night, and they're always down for a drink, even at 3 in the morning. Definitely recommend Lybeer!!

The location is superb! Everything was clean, the atmosphere was chill, and the lounge was very nice. Wifi a plus, too. It got pretty noisy, though, but that's what you get for staying at a hostel with a bar.

I like this hostel. Location is good (Bruges is small and walkable so I think all locations are good), staff was easy-going, room was pleasantly quaint, good walking tour left from here, and all the measurables were quite nice. The real standout for me was the bar - very good selections of Belgian beers at VERY reasonable prices and there are happy hour specials. Great way to get some Belgians in on a budget. 8/10

this hostel was amazing! the staff are extremely friendly, and make you feel right at home, walking distance to everything in brugge and newly renovated with amazing bathrooms. Highly recommend

Location was good.15mins walk frm the train station and 5 mins walk to the street leading to the main attractions. Friendly staff. Room was small though. There were also lots of mosquitoes in the room that I stayed in! The mosquitoes can be seen hanging at the top wall of the room. Shower facilities were new but there weren't a lot (4 in total for the whole hostel if I'm not wrong).

Hi there, we appreciate your feedback. A few comments however: mosquitoes only occur when hot/humid outside and if you leave the windows open :-) There are a lot more than 4 showers: we have 6 public showers and half our rooms have private facilities. But thank you again, always welcome at Lybeer Hostel!

This is an outstanding hostel. Perfectly clean, friendly staff and atmosphere, perfect location. Everything looks new and immaculate, it is functional and works well. The decoration is tasteful and imaginative. The bar and the lounge verge on the luxurious and dinning tables are real wood. This is a pioneering hostel that sets a new standard for quality service to travellers. It offers all the standard facilities plus extras (free walking tour) at an unprecedented level of quality.

• 15th Oct 2014
  • Greece

Very helpful staff

• 14th Oct 2014

One of the best places I've ever been. Terrific staff and facilities. Would highly recommend. Gold star, lads!

• 14th Oct 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed staying at the Lybeer Hostel. My wife and I stayed in a private room in the classy 1890 house. I especially liked the well furnished common areas that were conducive to conversation with other travelers. We found the staff the be friendly and helpful, and were impressed with the cleanliness of the bathrooms. We also appreciated the free coffee, happy hour beers, and laundry facilities. Of the three places we stayed in Belgium, Lybeer was our favorite.

• 12th Oct 2014

Met some really cool people there. The location is pretty good. Close to city centre. The bathroom for Dorm A and B is really nasty. Very strong smell of mildew and the toilet was clogged pretty much for the length of our stay (4 days). To their credit, they did unclog it, but it's obvs not a very good toilet. Music is really loud in the sitting area, it doesn't really have the right atmosphere for music to be playing so loudly that you can't even chat.

Hi there, thanks for your comment. We would like to ask you how a brand new completely renovated gorgeous looking bathroom could possible be nasty?? This is the first person ever to make a comment like that about our brand new super clean facilities.. About the music, you're saying "you can't even chat", that is not true and is giving future guests false information. Our common room is really nice and a great place to hang out, chat and meet people, everyone can play the type of music they like.

Rooms were very small cramped, with no lockers in rooms. The mattresses, pillows, duvets and duvet covers were horribly stained and in need of desperate replacement. When we approached a staff member about getting just a new duvet cover, he became very defensive and rude, hardly a pleasant introduction. Other facilities were good and location is good.

The location is good because the hostel is within walking distance to the train station and to the downtown area. The staff weren't the best, not very professional and always disappearing from the front desk. But the hostel is nice, decently clean, no free breakfast though.

Generally good. Wish there were lockers in rooms, but no big deal - used my cable lock to secure bag to bed (one can never be overcautious). No wifi upstairs, but that's not a big deal either. Location is great - a few hundred meters from Grote Markt. Also very close to T Brugs Beertje - if you are a beer tourist, you MUST go there.

Hi, thanks for your amazing review! We would like to add something: half our dorms have lockers installed under the beds, you can always request a room with lockers. Safe travels, see you around hopefully!

Pod beds were really cool. Lounge was great to hang out and have a drink in. Would have liked lockers in the rooms though. Overall, great stay, definitely recommend.

Nice and comfortable place to stay. My 4 bed dorm was just a bit too small, but it really meant no problem. I'd stay there again without any doubt.

I absolutely loved this hostel. Out of all my stays so far on my trip, this was by far the best. The staff was super helpful, the hostel was absolutely beautiful inside and the common room was so fun. It was easy to meet people and they had cheap drinks and great music. Would definitely go back and wish I could have stayed longer!

• 5th Oct 2014

Hey there, thank you so much for your great review! We''ll recommend you as a guest to future hostels! :-)

Loved staying here! Great location, very clean modern rooms, super fast wifi, great kitchen facilities and a big lounge area to hang out in. Loved the beer tasting. Definitely recommend!

Hi there! Thanks a lot for your great comment, we'll recommend you back! :-)

really nice place to stay, could have done with more power points in the room and I would have hated to try getting up the stairs while drunk

Great location, clean and friendly.

Thank you, you're friendly too! :-)

Fantastic hostel with perfect location, great atmosphere with all the amenities you could possibly wish for. Really welcoming & accommodating staff.

• 3rd Oct 2014