M Montreal Reviews

1245 Rue St-Andre Montreal, QC, Montreal, Canada

Overall I thought this hostel was very good and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay there. It was clean, well-kept, had a nice bar, common area, kitchen etc and the staff were really friendly and helpful. I haven't travelled much on my own or stayed in hostels that frequently, so I thought they were brilliant at making people feel comfortable. They really did make the difference. I was staying in a private room and not a dorm, and it was really quite nice - nicer than some hotels I've stayed at!

• 19th Sep 2014

One of the best hostels I've stayed in! Rooms and bathroom cleaned daily. Easy access to metro and within walking distance to cool neighborhoods. Large grocery store just around the corner. Free breakfast when you're travelling is always welcome. Would definitely stay here again :)

I was only there briefly and arrived late at night and early in the morning. The only problem I encountered was the plug ins for the lamps didn't stay in the electrical sockets. The staff were friendly and knowledgeable and the stay was quiet and clean. I would recommend it to anyone wanting to travel on a budget. The breakfast included was delicious as well.

• 18th Sep 2014

Clean room, friendly staffs and guests, and cool underground pub! Will definitely back someday!

• 17th Sep 2014
  • Japan

Great hostel. Close to the major metro station berry/uqam. Breakfast was ok, wifi worked very well. There is a public bar downstairs, the noise was not hearabke in the rooms. Restaurants and bars are close. The neighbourhood is a but shady but it seems safe. The gay hot spots are close

I first had my doubt due to the very high ratings...it couldn't be that good, but wauw what a nice place to be. Lots off fun people, good breakfast, surrounded by shops and a subway station. It felt like a chique hotel :)

Excellent hostel. One of the best I've ever stayed at. Clean, modern facilities. Friendly staff. Free breakfast and fast, free wifi. Location is OK, but you can easily walk or take the subway to other parts of Montreal. I highly recommend this hostel!

Fantastic stay! The staff (and other guests) were super helpful as I was on crutches and a bit limited with mobility. The bar was great. Blues dancing night and comedy were also worth checking out. Lockers in rooms, clean bathroom, big kitchen - everything you need.

It's a great place, close to the Metro, to the bus that takes you to the airport, the gare d'autocars, Vieux Montréal... definitely recommend it! I could never understand how a huge party was going on in the basement on the building, yet not a sound could be heard inside the rooms... amazing.

M Montreal is a good hostel The staff is ok and the common space is very good and also the breakfast. The room (we get a private room ensuite) was quite poor and overpriced.

Had a great stay at the M Montreal, recommend for anyone who is unfamiliar with Montreal. There was always a friendly face at reception any time of the night and the security of your own locker and an RFID lock for your room was an excellent choice! Close proximity to the subway near a busy street so that you felt safe walking home and night. Always something happening at the bar and awesome breakfast available. Highly recommend! :)

• 8th Sep 2014

Great experience! The hostel is nice, clean, convenient and most of all FUN. In the morning, delicius breakfast (Thanks to Claude for his amazing croissants!) At night, great shows and cheap drinks at the bar! You can no go wrong with this hostel!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy Montreal!!!!!!!

• 5th Sep 2014
  • Argentina

What an Amazing Hostel! honestly one of the best i have stayed in around the world! Staff are Very friendly always happy to help! Very social - lots of events on easy to meet people! Free Walking tour is really good! Really close to transport hubs! Much Much Much better than the HI in Montréal! Cleaner, Cheaper, Safer! I Stayed here for a week and met some pretty amazing people! will be passing through Montréal again soon and look forward to staying here again!

Very comfortable room for the price. The staff were friendly and helpful. We've also stayed at their sister hostel, Montréal Centrale, and it is good value for the money, too.

Perhaps my favourite hostel thusfar- the staff were super friendly, polite and even though could speak English fluently, were happy and patient enough to let me practice my high school French (from 15 years ago! )

Excellent facilities

This is by far the best hostel I have stayed at worldwide! Affordable and modern facilities backed by a fantastic, friendly, and courteous staff. Whenever I return to Montréal, I will stay there!

Couldn't have asked for anything better.

• 28th Aug 2014
  • India

This place was great! If you are young and looking to be near lots of clubs, food, and overall entertainment this is the place to be! Close to transportation as well.

A higher price compared to other hostels but still a superior value-for-money ratio!

• 27th Aug 2014