M&J Hostel Reviews

Via Solferino 9, Rome, Italy

At first i where a bit worried about staying in a hostel, but it turned out to be really fine. Great location nearby Termini station and our room was clean. Around the corner there is a shop where you can rent bikes and scooters, i would really recommand to do this! I would certainly recommand this hostel!

• 21st Mar 2015

Very good location. Very nice staff too, especially Johannes on the night shift, can't thank him enough, helped me avoid missing my flight and also very helpful..Thanks alot!

I had a very nice time at the hostel. The faculty was very relaxed, friendly and helpful and as the hostel is close to the train station, I give it a very good recommendation. There are plenty of events they organize to which you can partake such as the best night club and free drinks on friday. Alek, one of the staff members, is a relaxed guy and guided us to a great party in the Italian capital.

• 19th Mar 2015
  • Belgium

There was a drunk guy with the receptionist as we arrived in the night. The building is quite old, there were no blinds to darken the room and furniture was quite old. Beside that, it's super-cheap so, if you are not scared to sleep in a not-so-comfortable bed it's the best choice!

• 7th Mar 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

The staff was amazing! They gave me so many ideas and suggestions to make my trip better! The bar downstairs sucks as a bar, but the breakfast is well worth the value! The rooms are very clean! It's obvious they clean every day and change all the bedding, save the comforter (so use your sheet). It is located near a bus hub, right by the train station, and close to the metro! Overall, I really enjoyed my experience.

• 20th Feb 2015

Overall, fantastic hostel experience. The staff was very welcoming and helpful in any questions and recommendations on what to do in Rome.

• 20th Feb 2015

I was booked for 4 nights but only stayed for 1. The facilities and rooms were not very clean and were by far the worst I have experienced in any hostel

• 5th Feb 2015

helpfull staff, clean rooms. Capps shower that could do with some attention but good stay !!

Nicely located next to the big bus station terminus with link to the metro-lines. Very helpful and friendly staff, warm welcome and nice suggestion for sightseeing tours (by the way: hope you enjoyed the "neapolitaner"-cookies ;) )

Squeakiest beds in the entire world.

The location is good, and the double room I stayed in was fairly clean and nice. The staff were unnecessarily slow to offer help when asked. The kitchen is tiny and does not have an electric jug and one of the hobs doesn't work.

Worst hostel i've ever seen, No Hot water for shower, Room heater not working, wifi is limited to only reception

I received a welcoming email the day before my arrival, wishing me good travels and informing me of a tourist tax not included in my bill of 2€/ day. At check in I was Charged a 3.5€ Tourist tax by night receptionist. Did u falsely inform me or was I overcharged ?

My group was on a 10-day trip around Europe, and M&J Hostel was the most expensive place we stayed. What's worse is that it offered the worst accommodations. Our room's private bathroom did not produce hot water, forcing us to use the public showers on the other floors. They staff apologized but did nothing to make the problem better. Our room also smelled rather foul, making it an unpleasant place to which to return after our long days touring Rome and Vatican City.

• 29th Oct 2014

The toilets were not properly cleaned. Also the wifi facility was not available at the room so it was embarassing.

Cold shower. The Hostelworld page clearly states the the Rome bed tax is 2 euro, but when I arrived I had to pay 3.50 just like other places. I know it seems a small thing but I choose hostels based on the info provided and the info is false. When I told them, they had some excuse in very fast, accented English that I couldn't understand a word of. They did print out my boarding pass though which was very good of them.

M & J Hostel is conveniently located by the Termini train station and the main bus terminal. The rooms are clean and the staff is friendly.

• 21st Oct 2014
  • Couple, 41+

It was nice at the beggining but when we tried to make another booking in the front desk they wanted to sell us the most expensive rooms even though they had cheaper rooms on HW app. When we tried to book via online they refuse to accept our booking by saying (in a very rude way) "if u are here u are not allowed to book online, if u do it we will not respect it even if u make the deposit" and for me thats just bullshit.

• 4th Oct 2014