M&J Hostel Reviews

Via Solferino 9, Rome, Italy

2001 Total Reviews

This hostel was not what we expected. Owner(?) (Man with curls) was constantly apologizing to customers about room rearrangements, and loomed over me when I asked to have some space. Owner should take lessons on social skills ad not raise voice. Other staff, including trainees, were excellent. Hot showers really nice. Felt a lack of security due to the ability to only lock small items in lockers but not our backpacks. This is not a handicap-accessible hostel, but, as a plus, is close to Termini.

• 28th Jan 2016

The hostel is 2min far from Termini station. Super location and welcoming staff. I met beautiful people there as there was a great atmosphere around. We hanged out together and our days and nights were awesome:) The only thing I have to say is that I got stolen a coat, earplugs and some hygienic stuff. I know it wasn't any of my roommates as they were all men and we were always together, so watch out with the cleaning staff...

• 24th Jan 2016
  • Spain

Really great for the budget traveler, especially given how close it is to the train station. It can be kind of hard to find because it's in an apartment building and there's a small plaque on the outside of the building. And also its right next to a nightclub.

The staff is really nice, but the hostel itself is a little bit old and the heater wasn't working, so it was really cold during the night.

We booked into a dorm room, but on arriving into the dorm room discovered that the room was freezing, with no heating at all. Staff were very helpful and upgraded us into a room with heating, although i do feel as though you shouldn't need to ask to be warm enough to sleep!

Such a great hostel! The staff was incredible and I would have probably missed out on half of Rome without them! It was clean and plenty of space. One of the better hostels I've stayed in. Hope to return someday!

• 18th Jan 2016

The managing team is so nice! They'll tell you where to go, will introduce you to other people of the hostel and are really nice to hang out with! I had a great moment, thank you guys! Best value for money hostel I've been to so far :)

• 16th Jan 2016

I really liked the staff! Extremely nice people, they make the hostel for me :) Didn't like my room though, bed was extremely noisy and quite dangerous (i was top bunk, far from the wall and nothing to protect you from falling on any side). There was a lot of random furniture inside which was taped and not used. But liked the electronic keycards, private toilet for the dorm as well. And it is SO cheap, so I wouldn't complain. I really wished wi-fi would work in all the building though.

I loved this hostel. Much better than lot of hotels that I stayed before. The staff are amazing, high speed internet inside the rooms, the bedrooms are really cleaned, perfect view of the Acropolis and the shower is amazing! My only advise is to provide storage space with lockers inside the rooms. The rest was perfect!

The location is the best in the city , also so easy to find the hostel that will save your energy . You can go to anywhere to the city as all the transportation are within 5 minutes . The stuffs are very friendly , gives you tips any questions . Specially travelers are all cool , I don't like party hostel so for that you feel home and can relax at this hostel . The owner has a passion to improve the things and provide the more comfortable situations . I d definitely come back next time .

Excellent on all levels: courteousness, cleanliness, and fairness.

this is a really good hostel. Although you are only able to get WIFI in the common room i feel it is a good way to meet people as everyone is pretty much always in that area, the vibe is really good relaxed, rooms are clean. the location is really good right near the train station and near the city and staff are really helpful. I would stay here again

M & J staff is wonderful. They go out of their way to ensure a stay and experience that suits your needs. They were happy and welcoming as soon as we walked in the door, and continued to be so our whole stay. We booked a tour of the Vatican with them, they offer many discounted tours of Rome, and they were great. There was a mix up at the tour of Vatican and M & J staff, dropped what they were doing to settle the issue. They really wanted it right, I'm thankful to stay with them!

The shower in our room had no hot water at this time, but they have bathroom outside the room. Is my first time to stay at a hostel and everything is more than expected.

• 31st Dec 2015
  • China

This hostel does not have a single locker inside their room, only some tiny safe boxes (which you can only fit your fist) inside at the lobby. There is no Wi-Fi at the room, Wi-Fi is only available at the lobby and the signal is exceptionally weak. I don't really like the hostel owner, he's kind of like a perv. He kept talk to the girl in my group and laid his hand on her, which my friend didn't really like. And no elevator, prepare to drag your suitcase for 4 floors, It's just a weird hostel.

Just stayed one night. Beds are ok and Termini station just 2min walking. Building rather old, small common spaces and no lockers in dormitories (but there is a safe room downstairs). If you need to stay more and visit this wonderful city I guess you can find better.

The showers were quite cold, apart from that it was excellent

• 25th Dec 2015

well, the reception is kind of stupid. When we switched to a double room, the reception charged us twice for the deposit but I have paid online. I argued with him for around 20 minutes, he still insisted that I was supposed to pay again. Therefore, this hostel is not worthy the trip.

The hostel was very close to the train station, and the rooms were very nice, especially for the low price. Also, the person working the font desk was extremely helpful, and he made my stay there go very smoothly as well as entertaining.

• 16th Dec 2015

When we checked in we were told our room was ready, very dirty. Visable stains on the bed spread, streaks in the toilet, dirty shells. Paint job in room was really bad and splotchy. Beds also varies in comfortablilty from bad to worse. When we were hanging out in the reception area (the only place with wifi) waiting on our train the staff was no where to be found for about an hour. We answered other guests questions and helped them find the luggage room.

« first « Prev 1 2 3