M&J Hostel Reviews

Via Solferino 9, Rome, Italy

Friendly and helpful staff, rooms were comfortable, clean and good facilities. Cheap breakfast downstairs (€3 for croissant, coffee and juice). Close walking distance to everything and right next to train station. Were great to book tours etc through the hostel too. One of the best hostels we stayed in.

Some of the staff was really nice and helpful, a few people didn't really seem to know what was going on.. The location was super convenient, within walking distance of most major attractions and about a three minute walk from the main train station and the metro. Despite its central location it was quite quiet most nights. There was only noise from the bar downstairs one of my four nights and it stopped pretty early. The bar/restaurant below the hostel also had good food and a friendly staff!

The bad Hostel: security, don't have breakfast, The bedroom Very Very hot and don't have fan, don't have elevator. Horrible place!!

• 14th Aug 2015

Bed bugs, no refund given for the stay.

Whilst this was in a fantastic location and the day staff were incredibly helpful, the overall cleanliness was very poor- I saw 3 cases of bed bugs and people covered in bites and the staff tried to deny it. The wi fi only works in the common area and is very poor and their was no a/c or even a fan in our room which in 36 degree Rome weather was ridiculous!

The air conditioner was not working right.

• 8th Aug 2015

The people helping at the hostel were great and other than not being able to sleep because of the intense heat and no airconditioning I enjoyed my stay at this hostel. What I didn't enjoy is how twice I saw the manager, or owner i don't know his title was trying to screw over his guests. He was unbending and rude and while they were not my dealings with the hostel they were enough to make me never book with them again.

The kitchen open at 3 pm. So you can not make your breakfast or lunch. No hot warter in showers. No fan no AC, and in Rome in august you really need one. No wifi in rooms. I won't come back.

• 7th Aug 2015
  • Argentina

The bathrooms were disgusting. They smelled bad and toilets wouldn't flush properly. Showers were working poorly. One day no hot water, next day there was hot water. The hostel overall looked pretty dismal. There was no a/c in the rooms unless you had a private. It was hot in Rome and a/c would have been nice. Also no WiFi in the rooms either. The beds were very uncomfortable to sleep on. Very difficult to sleep in the heat. I would rate this hotel the worst I've ever been to. 2/10

The hot water in the shower did not work. There was a note that said, "let the water run for a few minutes for hot water." After about 10 minutes there still wasn't any hot water. This happened twice. The bathrooms were disgusting and hot. They were not vented properly so the steam from everyone's showers kept building up. The room was not air conditioned like it was described online.

• 4th Aug 2015

Good location, good social atmosphere, the staff were lovely and very helpful

No hot water for 3 days .....

The hostel has a decent location, it wasn't near the sites or in a cool neighborhood but close to the metro. There was no internet in the rooms and when we went to the lobby to connect it was extremely slow or just didn't work since everyone was trying to do the same. The staff did not seem to care when we asked them to help us with tour tickets or what's going on in the hostel. There was an unorganized pub crawl but it was kinda expensive at 20€ each. Worth the money.... Ehh

The staff was so helpful and wonderful to talk to! We had a fantastic time here making some really good friends and partaking in some great nightlife with the pubcrawl that they offered to us. It is VERY loud here though, being earplugs! And fair warning that though it says there's AC, our room was uncomfortably hot and not air conditioned. The showers are pretty rough so shower shoes are a great idea. Overall this is a great place for the money though and it's RIGHT next to termini station!!!

Awesome hostel! It's far enough outside the really busy areas of Rome so as to not be too loud, but close enough that you an go l the time. Loved my stay here, and hopefully I will be able to stay gain some time.

Not worth the money. The only redeeming factor is its proximity to the station. Staff were unwelcoming and the bathroom was absolutley filthy, with mould everywhere, and smelt awful. The lock to our bedroom was broken and there were no lockers in the room meaning it was impossible to secure our belongings! There was no air conditioning as advertised, just a fan that barley worked meaning we spent a night in 30 degree heat in July!

The bathroom was really poorly kept and Im quite sure that there was mold on the walls! There were no lockers in our room which at the price of the Hostel there should have been. Ive been to Hostels in Barcelona, London, Dublin, and Amsterdam that cost less with a whole lot more comfort i.e. a small lamp at each bed in small roomS like ours, breakfast included and cheap dinners. The Staff were very friendly and helpfull :) I would not book this Hostel again!!!

Although its Not clean and amiable in facilitites It's amazing the feeling of comfy and johanes night front man keeping is the best and makes you feel at home Although not a super clean hostel I enjoyed my stay there

This is the worst hostel ever. There was no av as advertised,, the common area was tiny and uncomfortable. The wifi only worked in the common area. There were bed bugs. There was construction going on starting at 530am on the building the hostel was in. The kitchen had no sharp knife for cooking. The kitchen closed at 10pm and u couldn't access your food until 3pm the next day. The staff was rude.

My only complaints are that there was no air conditioning and Rome is very hot! Also the shower was terrible the water was freezing. I don't mind a cold shower but this was excessively cold and it had terrible water pressure so you could barely wash shampoo out of your hair. No wifi in rooms. Positives are it's close and easy to find from train station and it's in a good location

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7