M&J Hostel Reviews

Via Solferino 9, Rome, Lazio, Italy

The price is way too much for what we get. The place is dirty, the bathrooms are old and dirty. The staff is quite rude. Never coming back to this place.

• 11th Apr 2014
  • Mexico

Ok place to stay seemed like it was a cery old motel. The lift doesnt work and the lightbus very poor in the rooms. They only have wifi in the lobby and there is no where reallly to hang out. Other than that the location was amazing and the staff were super helpful. The reception is open 24/7. There we no lockers to lock important tgings away amd you had to pay extra for towels.

Tiny bathrooms, it's almost impossible to keep the floor and your things from getting wet. No lockers and the security boxes their offer at the reception are only big enough to put your passport in; they keep the valuables people leave them behind the counter, where everybody can see them, and they sometimes have to leave reception for various reasons so anyone could pretty much go and steal them. Kitchen has no microwave and no oven. Wifi only works in the kitchen and in the common room.

The staff at this hostel were really friendly and helpful, however there was very little common space and the shared kitchen did not seem to be working. The bunk beds in the shared dorm were very noisy as was the place in general as there is a restaurant/bar downstairs which never seems to stop. For the cost of accommodation in Rome this is not a bad place, although take note of the party/nosey atmosphere.

共同シャワーが一つは熱湯しかでなくてわざわざ着替えて他の共同トイレのシャワーに移動した。部屋のシャワーは水しか出なくて水流弱すぎ。

Had a pretty good stay at this hostel for 7 nights in a private room. However a few things that were of note were: the kitchen was not well equipped at all (lacking a microwave, oven, kettle and many other simple appliances). Also our room was positioned on the second floor and EVERY night the music from the downstairs club could be heard loudly from 9.30pm until very late at night. Supermarket was close which was great :) Overall was a good stay!

My private room was small & simple, but very clean and well taken care of. Had a safe for valuables. Bar/restaurant wasn't very busy, not great for meeting people, but service was friendly. The only negative was at night someone was smoking in the lobby (I guess normal in Europe), and the smoke came into my room. A towel under the door fixed it for the most part. Just might be a problem for someone very sensitive to cigarette smoke. Overall, it was a great deal and I would stay her again!

We had an amazing time in there, the staff was very kind and helpful and the atmosphere was very happy. I would deffinitely go back.

Staff were friendly and helpful, had clean sheets, fairly clean bathroom, hot water and decent wi fi plus the location was great.

• 3rd Mar 2014

Good account between price and location. near termini station. :) good

The door to our dorm didn't lock and there were no lockers. We asked to be moved to a room that locked and they were very apologetic and happy to move us. Super nice staff and pretty good location.

Near the station where both metro lines and buses for airport pass but not very secure at night with weird men standing in every corner. The hostel:there is no lockers in the rooms, I paid 2extra€/night for taxes and 10€ deposit for linen. The free luggage room after check out is handy but it was "self-service":the key is given to everyone without supervision. Also, there is no veritable common room apart from the kitchen. Everything else was ok. All in all, it is not so bad and I would go back.

This hostel was terrible. They have a hidden 2 Euro "city-tax" that some of the other hostels have too, but the other hostels tell you about it on hostelworld. They don't take card, so hopefully you have cash. Our room was 115 but was on the fourth floor. If you are on a budget and trying not to spend a lot, this might seem like a good option, but my advice would be to spend a couple extra euros and get something way better.

I did not like the M&J hostel at all. It was very dirty, there were no lockers or closets so all the stuff you had to keep on the floor. The blankets were dirty and not thick enough for winter, it was very cold. There was not always warm water to get a shower, you had to be very fast. There was also no WI-Fi in the rooms, which was very annoying!

Great place, great staff I just forgot there were no towels included :( That was a bump in my stay.

This was my second time staying at this hostel and I would (and have) stayed there again. The staff is friendly, it's a great location, and the people you meet are awesome.

M&J staff member gave us a map with different routes mapped out for each day that we were in Rome. We got to see everything, including things that we didn't know about! They were very helpful with everything and very nice!

It's not nice to not have abilitiy to use kitchen before 3pm (if you don't pay for extra breakfast,which is very poor and don't worth it's price). And there were some problems with water in toilet-bathroom. And with card to doors that wasn't working too fast. Apart from that hostel it's fine. Nice big room. Very near to the place where buses from and to airporet stops, and to metro, so very good localisation.

Old rundown Hostel, cleanliness need improvement, no lift service, big problem with heavy bags especially staying on higher floor

My room's lock was broken and there aren't lockers in the rooms, so there was basically no security as far as I was concerned. It's a great location is you're needing to be close to the Termini station, but it's a bit of a walk to any of the sites. The wifi, while free, is not available in the rooms, so you can only use it down in the common room which was never overly crowded during my stay, but isn't very big, so on a busy night could pose some problems.