M&J Hostel Reviews

Via Solferino 9, Rome, Italy

The first night was fine, although there was absolutely no hot water whatsoever - and this in an en suite room for which we paid extra for the separate bathroom. It wasn't very clean but it was tolerable. The lady at reception was very helpful. However, our second night, which we spent at another 6 bed en suite room was horrendous. Four out of the 6 people were bitten by fleas or bedbugs or God knows what, and 2 of us had very bad allergic reaction. Absolutely unacceptable and appalling.

• 4th Jul 2015
  • Bulgaria

Terrible, do not stay here. Awful hostel. Worst I have seen in Europe

Great location, clean rooms, friendly staff I don't spend much time in hostels because I'm too busy sightseeing! So i wasn't bothered that there wasn't air con or wifi in our room I still had a great time :) thanks guys!

Awesome staff, very helpful. Accommodations were exactly what I expected from any hostel!

• 3rd Jul 2015

A fan in the rooms is crucial in the summertime

• 3rd Jul 2015

Worst hostel ever!! The AC didn't work one time through our stay, the wifi was only in the office, regular power outages for the building, kitchen is actually just a mini fridge and a cabinet for the whole hostel, and the common room was a bunch of small tables and rickety chairs in a space too small for it. I would NEVER recommend this hostel to even my enemies. When asked if we could get a discount or talk to the manager the answer was always come back later. Do not stay here!!

The staff was very helpful and kind. no hot water even when left running for awhile like a sign said. Are room had a funny smell but it was decently clean. Bar crawl was a joke and over advertised. The best place to meet people and party is at The Yellow bar which is a hostel really close. No ac, but not many places do have ac. Over all too much money for what it's worth but it's decent and a place to stay

Not the best hostel, but it's Rome and this one is at least cheaper than others. It was really hot and there was no AC in my room (heard rumors there was AC elsewhere). I honestly didn't care as much, but the window had to stay open to allow some air and we were right off some busy street with tons of loud trucks in the morning. Also you could only get wifi downstairs in the lounge area which isn't really set up well with only little tables and uncomfortable chairs.

The staff were super friendly, the rooms were very hot, but it was summer and Rome in general was hot. The rooms were clean but the bathroom wasn't, even after the cleaning staff cleaned it (he spent maybe 3 minutes cleaning it). The location was great, the stairs kinda sucked after walking through Rome all day. I would stay here again if I came back to Rome.

• 30th Jun 2015

We missed our flight to Rome due to circumstances out of our control. We tried to ask them to be considerate of our situation, as we now had a bunch of unexpected expenses. They continued to charge us and neglected to respond to our emails. We understand their cancellation policy, but we did not intend to not visit Rome. We even re-confirmed our reservation with them hours before our flight.

• 30th Jun 2015

Good location!!!! Cleaners and most of the staff friendly. One staff member was a creep and made me feel uncomfortable quite a few times. There's no lockers in the rooms which I thought was bad.

We had booked a private double room, when we arrived the gave us the option of staying in a luxury room around the corner in a separate building from the hostel. It was amazing! Brand new and there was no extra charge.. I was lucky but the location of the hostel is good, right beside termini station and 10-15 minute walk to colosseum and other sights

The location is good, right near the Termini station (main station), the staff are friendly, beer is sold in the vending machine. However there are no lockers in the rooms, you have to give your stuff to the receptionist, which is still safe. The rooms are not impressive but they aren't gross either. I stayed here for one night because it's cheap. The hostelers I met were really nice, and inviting. However, the wifi only works in the lobby, which is irritating, but overall it is worth 1-2 nights

The luxury single suite is wonderful! The best service from the entire staff!

• 27th Jun 2015

The staff not that helpful plus very poor atmosphere

No hot water on the 4th floor and we were there for 4 nights and it didn't get fixed, so for a hot shower had to go down a floor everyday. There is wifi but it can't be accessed in any of the rooms so you will have to go to the lobby area. Apart from that a great hostel.

• 25th Jun 2015

Not one of the greatest ones but really convenient as it's right next to Termini Station. Rooms have no air-conditioning, just a ceiling fan, so can get a bit stuffy. My room door had constant issues with the lock not working properly. Bathrooms were clean though with proper hot water. Wifi was constantly down during my stay there, but that's probably just bad timing. Overall, not a place I'd come back to but otherwise not that bad.

I had a great time but I feel as though i overpaid for my stay.

Location was good. Showers were cold though, and rooms were extremely hot.

It's a party hostel for sure. So if you plan quiet nights sleep don't go there. Very close to Termini.