M&J Hostel Reviews

Via Solferino 9, Rome, Italy

The location is really good as its by the train station and all the metros to get to the tourist spots. If you want a quiet stay this is not for you as its pretty noisy at night with the bar downstairs. Beds are okay but a few people slipped on the ladders as they move so people just gave up and jumped down. Also, the staff are really good (especially the blonde girl) apart from a guy on the night staff and the luggage rooms a bit dodge but it locks so its okay. Overall good stay.

The kitchen Opening time are ridiculous. Only from 3 to 10. So u cant have breakfast Or lunch, And if you come back late from a long day, you might not have the kitchen open. Wifi only works on the first floor, not in rooms. The water from the shower might be cold. People are nice there, but it is very expensive for what it actually is.

• 16th Jun 2014
  • Argentina

The location was very good, close to everything! :))) the hostel by itself its ok... But there is no elevator for the guests!!!! And you need to up four floors with your own luggage! Well...beside it... Its ok.. And also the bathroom...you can not take a shower without making everyrhing wet!!!! But the staff was great!!! Carolina, "Jeonan"...all great people! Faruhk from the kitchen too!! He s soo nice!!! :))))

It's a pity the lift couldn't be used because when travelling with luggage the stairs are a pain

Every shower I had was ice cold, and the lockers available weren't in the rooms, but tiny ones in the reception. On the plus side I had a really helpful person at the desk that gave me an excellent itinerary for my time spent in Rome.

I stayed in a 8 bed all female dorm. No blankets were provided for our room but other rooms on the floor did have comforters. Our shower did not have hot or even warm water at any point during my three day stay...only ice cold. The luggage room where we could "safely store our belongings while out" was filthy, it literally had trash everywhere and smelled of rotten food. We were told upon arrival that we could not request a receipt for our stay until we checked out three days later.

• 1st Jun 2014

The beds were ok, yet they only came with a sheet-no blanket. no hot water in the room I was in. Staff was pushy and seemed out for the money. no place to lock your suitcase in room-luggage room must have been a recently emptied garbage room. Quality of place depends on which room you stay in.

• 1st Jun 2014

The facility was rundown, beds were rickety and the ladders to the top bunks unsecure and unsafe. The bathrooms smelled of mold. Overall unimpressive and not likely to stay here in the future. The location was good, close to the Termini and multiple bus lines as well as sight-seeing opportunities. Great restaurant just around the corner made it very worthwhile.

One of the most sketchiest hostels I've stayed in. Our room door hardly shut, and anyone could come in and out forget about Locking it. If you are really broke and don't mind not having wifi in your room and dirty showers then it is a place to sleep. I would reccomend checking out one of the dozens of hostels in the same area before this one!

• 1st Jun 2014

This place could be so much better but we did not enjoy our stay here. We payed for a 4 bedroom ensuite room, and we basically got a cupboard space with two sets of bunk beds squished in there. There was only hot water once the 5 nights we were there. The beds are covered with plastic covers and the Dunas are old and need replacing. The staff did not seem to want to help us with any tips or advice. And you can only use the wifi in the common area. Kitchen is unclean also.

BEWARE of BED BUGS!!! we stayed in mixed dormitory for 2 nights. on first day, we saw a few bugs in the our room, and also on the bed!!! we were bitten by bed bugs our whole bodies… Please solve this problem!!!

• 27th May 2014
  • Japan

This hostel was good, but the best part about the hostel was the blonde woman who worked at reception! She has been the best receptionist in my travels! She would help you plan your entire day out, give tips on where to get the best gelato, and also which places to avoid late at night. Otherwise the restaurant downstairs had good food, it's frustrating that wifi only worked in the small reception room. There wasn't really a hostel community here either.

Almost cool except: 1- they have a bar-resto. We ate there, service was ok until the time a party began, lights wend down, music highly loud, and tables off. WE were still eating! So not friendly AT ALL, they did not show any consideration for us. 2- THEY DO NOT CLEAN WELL THE BEDS!!! They have BEDBUGS, and they must be there for a long time! The man at the reception was no help and just change us to another room... we probably transfer the bugs there!! We never slept because of bugs bites...

Wifi sucks can only get it in the one room

The staff were amazing and always did their best to help me out with everything they needed. Mario (there is more than 1 but they are all awesome) helped me out so much woth a trip to the coast and where to go in Rome. But other than that the place is definitely a great location. Super cheap. And I met so many cool people

• 21st May 2014

my roomate was so nice, but when i stayed there i feel a little bit not safe because suddenly during the night there is one girl (who is not from our room) just go inside our room and jump to one of us (jump into a girl) and she tried to take something from the bag. and this was so annoying because we already sleep and because of someone we wake up in the midnight. We got the room key, but the fact is our room can't be locked.

• 16th May 2014
  • Indonesia

Very strategicly located near Termini terminal. I arrive there late at night, and it is very easy to find. The service is good, and the staff is helpful. What is lacking is no wifi inside the rooms, only on the lobby, and locker on the room. It is a bit noisy from the outside, but the security was good.

There wasn't enough hot water for bath. There had not locker in my room. Bads were loudly their ambalages. Location was great

I got bed bugs...

• 14th May 2014

The hostel was really nice and the staff was helpful and friendly. However there were bed bugs, which when told they took care of the problem right away. Another girl was allergic to them and they gave her money to buy medicine. Besides the bed bugs the hostel was okay.