M&J Hostel Reviews

Via Solferino 9, Rome, Italy

I was bitten in the night by some kind of insects that are infesting the rooms,I think I can forgive any discomfort except this.

• 17th Jul 2014

This hostel was just ok. Overall, average. The positives- It is right by the train station so it's convenient to come and go between cities and they put together a pub crawl every night which allows you to meet other travelers. The negatives- the staff mostly seemed somewhat bothered and just answered your questions without proactively suggesting other ideas. The night shift guy was great though. I was woken up every morning at about 7am to them cleaning and clanking bottles outside my door

Close to station and easy to find are the postive points for this hostel. However, overall the hostel feels overcrowded, with no wifi in the rooms, in addition, a lock out from the common area (where wifi access is) at 11pm. In addition, cold showers!!! And lots of stairs as the elevator is for private use only. The breakfast included actually costs some euros.

• 16th Jul 2014

There seems to be a lot of unfarily harsh reviews of this place. it was much better than I expected. The beds are pretty terrible to be honest (loose springs and soft mattresses) but it's generally clean and the staff are really friendly. It's fine if you want to stay central and meet

very good location

• 12th Jul 2014
  • Greece

Was very good everyone very friendly good atmosphere only ting was got bit by bedbugs staff was apologetic and refunded me a nite !

• 11th Jul 2014

It was great staying at M&J. Everything was tops!

Some of the staff were very nice and they made sure they provided me with all the information I needed regarding the city of Rome and anything else, thank you! However, the sink in our room was clogged up and it stank really bad. I told the girl at the desk about it and she said that she would send someone to fix it however for the entirety of the stay nothing was done about it. It stank of sewerage the entire time.

• 10th Jul 2014

Really good hostel to stay in! Staff were all very helpful and knew a lot about the city! Literally down the road to Rome Termini - made life easy Would recommend to everyone

It was in a good location close to the train station. I suggest the Hostel do something about air quality in the rooms. The room window was left open for fresh air and in the morning I woke up with bites all over my exposed skin. The staff was friendly and helpful, except for the Brazilian that was upset about the World Cup score against Germany!

• 7th Jul 2014

The staff wax really helpful and nice! All clean and the location is good, you can walk everywhere

The atmosphere was great, but I would've liked to have a little more security for my belongings. Lockers of some sort would have been nice.

Bed bugs and the place sucked. I moved to the DEM guesthouse around the corner which was excellent.

My stay here was okay. Good location right near the main train station. The staff were relatively helpful, although the general atmosphere was pretty average. The stairs weren't too bad, being on the top floor would have made things a lot worse though. The wifi didn't work in the rooms so you have to sit downstairs in the reception/common area to use the internet but there is limited seating. All in all not the best hostel but also not the worst!

There was no hot water in the shower, traffic outside was really loud, you have to pay deposit for everything and no wifi in the rooms. This hostel is not worth of the money.

No cards only cash.

The hostel was a small distance from the city centre, however in Naples that's not such a bag things. Enjoyable stay and some great nights had in the bar.

Bed Bugs! We stayed for 2 nights, first night was okay, but the second night we started getting bites all over including all over my face! We were in a 8 bed mixed dorm, and one of the guys next to us had gotten eaten alive, bites everywhere. We told the reception about the problem, and they told us they knew about it, but the owner wasnt doing anything to fix it! They gave us a refund for the 2nd night though. Other than that, good location next to Roma Termini and good bar downstairs.

The location is really good as its by the train station and all the metros to get to the tourist spots. If you want a quiet stay this is not for you as its pretty noisy at night with the bar downstairs. Beds are okay but a few people slipped on the ladders as they move so people just gave up and jumped down. Also, the staff are really good (especially the blonde girl) apart from a guy on the night staff and the luggage rooms a bit dodge but it locks so its okay. Overall good stay.

The kitchen Opening time are ridiculous. Only from 3 to 10. So u cant have breakfast Or lunch, And if you come back late from a long day, you might not have the kitchen open. Wifi only works on the first floor, not in rooms. The water from the shower might be cold. People are nice there, but it is very expensive for what it actually is.

• 16th Jun 2014