M&J Hostel Reviews

Via Solferino 9, Rome, Italy

The staff wax really helpful and nice! All clean and the location is good, you can walk everywhere

The atmosphere was great, but I would've liked to have a little more security for my belongings. Lockers of some sort would have been nice.

Bed bugs and the place sucked. I moved to the DEM guesthouse around the corner which was excellent.

My stay here was okay. Good location right near the main train station. The staff were relatively helpful, although the general atmosphere was pretty average. The stairs weren't too bad, being on the top floor would have made things a lot worse though. The wifi didn't work in the rooms so you have to sit downstairs in the reception/common area to use the internet but there is limited seating. All in all not the best hostel but also not the worst!

There was no hot water in the shower, traffic outside was really loud, you have to pay deposit for everything and no wifi in the rooms. This hostel is not worth of the money.

No cards only cash.

The hostel was a small distance from the city centre, however in Naples that's not such a bag things. Enjoyable stay and some great nights had in the bar.

Bed Bugs! We stayed for 2 nights, first night was okay, but the second night we started getting bites all over including all over my face! We were in a 8 bed mixed dorm, and one of the guys next to us had gotten eaten alive, bites everywhere. We told the reception about the problem, and they told us they knew about it, but the owner wasnt doing anything to fix it! They gave us a refund for the 2nd night though. Other than that, good location next to Roma Termini and good bar downstairs.

The location is really good as its by the train station and all the metros to get to the tourist spots. If you want a quiet stay this is not for you as its pretty noisy at night with the bar downstairs. Beds are okay but a few people slipped on the ladders as they move so people just gave up and jumped down. Also, the staff are really good (especially the blonde girl) apart from a guy on the night staff and the luggage rooms a bit dodge but it locks so its okay. Overall good stay.

The kitchen Opening time are ridiculous. Only from 3 to 10. So u cant have breakfast Or lunch, And if you come back late from a long day, you might not have the kitchen open. Wifi only works on the first floor, not in rooms. The water from the shower might be cold. People are nice there, but it is very expensive for what it actually is.

• 16th Jun 2014
  • Argentina

The location was very good, close to everything! :))) the hostel by itself its ok... But there is no elevator for the guests!!!! And you need to up four floors with your own luggage! Well...beside it... Its ok.. And also the bathroom...you can not take a shower without making everyrhing wet!!!! But the staff was great!!! Carolina, "Jeonan"...all great people! Faruhk from the kitchen too!! He s soo nice!!! :))))

Actually, when I went there, the atmosphere was very depressive and boring. However, the staffs were very friendly and the location is good but I really didn't like the stairs because the lift didn't working.

It's a pity the lift couldn't be used because when travelling with luggage the stairs are a pain

Every shower I had was ice cold, and the lockers available weren't in the rooms, but tiny ones in the reception. On the plus side I had a really helpful person at the desk that gave me an excellent itinerary for my time spent in Rome.

I stayed in a 8 bed all female dorm. No blankets were provided for our room but other rooms on the floor did have comforters. Our shower did not have hot or even warm water at any point during my three day stay...only ice cold. The luggage room where we could "safely store our belongings while out" was filthy, it literally had trash everywhere and smelled of rotten food. We were told upon arrival that we could not request a receipt for our stay until we checked out three days later.

• 1st Jun 2014

The beds were ok, yet they only came with a sheet-no blanket. no hot water in the room I was in. Staff was pushy and seemed out for the money. no place to lock your suitcase in room-luggage room must have been a recently emptied garbage room. Quality of place depends on which room you stay in.

• 1st Jun 2014

The facility was rundown, beds were rickety and the ladders to the top bunks unsecure and unsafe. The bathrooms smelled of mold. Overall unimpressive and not likely to stay here in the future. The location was good, close to the Termini and multiple bus lines as well as sight-seeing opportunities. Great restaurant just around the corner made it very worthwhile.

One of the most sketchiest hostels I've stayed in. Our room door hardly shut, and anyone could come in and out forget about Locking it. If you are really broke and don't mind not having wifi in your room and dirty showers then it is a place to sleep. I would reccomend checking out one of the dozens of hostels in the same area before this one!

• 1st Jun 2014

This place could be so much better but we did not enjoy our stay here. We payed for a 4 bedroom ensuite room, and we basically got a cupboard space with two sets of bunk beds squished in there. There was only hot water once the 5 nights we were there. The beds are covered with plastic covers and the Dunas are old and need replacing. The staff did not seem to want to help us with any tips or advice. And you can only use the wifi in the common area. Kitchen is unclean also.

BEWARE of BED BUGS!!! we stayed in mixed dormitory for 2 nights. on first day, we saw a few bugs in the our room, and also on the bed!!! we were bitten by bed bugs our whole bodies… Please solve this problem!!!

• 27th May 2014