M&J Hostel Reviews

Via Solferino 9, Rome, Italy

1901 Total Reviews

The staff was so helpful and wonderful to talk to! We had a fantastic time here making some really good friends and partaking in some great nightlife with the pubcrawl that they offered to us. It is VERY loud here though, being earplugs! And fair warning that though it says there's AC, our room was uncomfortably hot and not air conditioned. The showers are pretty rough so shower shoes are a great idea. Overall this is a great place for the money though and it's RIGHT next to termini station!!!

Awesome hostel! It's far enough outside the really busy areas of Rome so as to not be too loud, but close enough that you an go l the time. Loved my stay here, and hopefully I will be able to stay gain some time.

Not worth the money. The only redeeming factor is its proximity to the station. Staff were unwelcoming and the bathroom was absolutley filthy, with mould everywhere, and smelt awful. The lock to our bedroom was broken and there were no lockers in the room meaning it was impossible to secure our belongings! There was no air conditioning as advertised, just a fan that barley worked meaning we spent a night in 30 degree heat in July!

The bathroom was really poorly kept and Im quite sure that there was mold on the walls! There were no lockers in our room which at the price of the Hostel there should have been. Ive been to Hostels in Barcelona, London, Dublin, and Amsterdam that cost less with a whole lot more comfort i.e. a small lamp at each bed in small roomS like ours, breakfast included and cheap dinners. The Staff were very friendly and helpfull :) I would not book this Hostel again!!!

Although its Not clean and amiable in facilitites It's amazing the feeling of comfy and johanes night front man keeping is the best and makes you feel at home Although not a super clean hostel I enjoyed my stay there

This is the worst hostel ever. There was no av as advertised,, the common area was tiny and uncomfortable. The wifi only worked in the common area. There were bed bugs. There was construction going on starting at 530am on the building the hostel was in. The kitchen had no sharp knife for cooking. The kitchen closed at 10pm and u couldn't access your food until 3pm the next day. The staff was rude.

My only complaints are that there was no air conditioning and Rome is very hot! Also the shower was terrible the water was freezing. I don't mind a cold shower but this was excessively cold and it had terrible water pressure so you could barely wash shampoo out of your hair. No wifi in rooms. Positives are it's close and easy to find from train station and it's in a good location

The staff were very helpful - Mario in particular! My wallet was stolen on the first night and he was extremely kind, letting me use the phone to call my bank etc. That was a life-saver. He also showed us a great route through the city. The location of the hostel is great and the rooms are clean and bright. The only drawback was that one cannot use the kitchen during the day until 3 o'clock.

• 17th Jul 2015
  • South Africa

Good! But would appreciate if theres a fan in the room. I went on summer and it was 37c, almost impossible to sleep without a fan. Also theres no wifi in the room you have to go to the lobby.

Stayed here during July very hot. Common area isn't comfortable, too small. Staff was nice and very helpful. Really close to the station.

Just didn't think it was worth the price. It was hot loud & dirty. But only really has the location going for it, other wise wouldn't have stayed there.

Needs aircon. Wifi is decent but only in common room.

BED BUGS!!! My boyfriend and I woke up with horrible little red bumps that are making us super itchy! I found a couple in my backpack when I left, and I am super disgusted.

me and my roommates are dying from bed bug bites. only cold water showers. worst place ever.

The location of the hostel was excellent. I like to walk everywhere instead of public transport - so the colosseum and other ruins where only about 2km walk away. However I had only one shower with hot water during my entire stay over five days. There were bed bugs in the bed and sheets and now I'm covered with bites. There was no fan or air conditioner and we were right in the middle of a heat wave. And the room was right next door to a club, which was very loud.

This was absolutely the worst experience of my entire holiday. My room was 95 degrees, and it smelled bad -- real bad. The staff were some of the rudest individuals i have ever met and even spied on us in our room when we were gone. For example, they asked us to please not drink in our room even though the none of us had been drinking and the wine bottle that was in our room wasn't even ours - not sure how they got into our room and knew that though. This one guy named Johanssen was to blame.

• 7th Jul 2015

We came during an unreasonably hot point in the season, and the lack of elevators and a/c, while fairly common throughout mediter, was a bit of a letdown when they specifically promise a/c. IF you drop the extra money for a private room, I'm told you may or may not get a/c. The friends we met were great, and the location is nice, but it definitely isn't worth the money, or the hassle. Lack of lockers, and a lenient security policy do not help. I suggest looking somewhere other than Termini area.

No WiFi in the rooms.

Very nice hostel and extremely close to the train station. Nice staff who were really helpful. Cooking was challenging due to the poor hobs but there was a reasonable restaurant right next door. Bathrooms were also very nice. No hot shower water but Rome was so hot that it didn't matter when we visited.

Blood stained mattress, really bad security, homeless people sleeping there also, staff were really helpful and pleaent and the location was really good, but just not for me, the whole place needs refurbishment