M&J Hostel Reviews

Via Solferino 9, Rome, Italy

The showers don't have hot water. There was a sign that said the water needed to run a few minutes before getting warm. I let it run for more that 10 minutes and had to take the coldest shower in my whole trip

Don't have wifi in the room, also wifi in the lobby is really really slow. The shower in the rooms doesn't have hot water. Can not use hair dry because of electricity problem. Breakfast is very good.

• 25th Apr 2015
  • China

The Bunk beds rock that much that you feel sea sick and the hot water is more like occasional luke warm water, but apart from that a convenient location and very friendly staff. I would stay again

Location and staff, brilliant. There can be noise from the club downstairs is about the only downside. Probably best for a younger crowd but good for us older ones as well, just don't expect much sleep if on the lower floor. Common area is good. I can't speak for dorms, but my rooms was solid hotel standard. Combine that with a proper hostel style comon area, and its just great. Good food nearby; all transport next door; and walkable to some sights as well. Note: wi-fi unavailable in room/dorm.

A lot of reviewers said the showers were cold. While I did not take a shower during my stay here - all the girls in my room said the shower temperature was fine. Perhaps they fixed the shower problem. I don't know why this hostel has such negative reviews. I stayed in a 6 bed room and enjoyed my stay here. The sheets were completely clean and the blanket was warm enough at night which is all you can ask for. The only negative is the fact that wifi is only available in the common room.

Night host was great. met alot of great people

• 17th Apr 2015

The staff was not friendly, made the booking process very confusing, didn't have change. Told us we were being upgraded but actually put us in one of the worst rooms. Told us the showers had hot water, they did for less than 3 minutes. Bathrooms were very dirty. Only positive was decent wifi in the common room and the location.

• 14th Apr 2015

The staff wer absolutely amazing at this hostel. Its proximity to the termini station is also worth mention. However, sadly in my room there was no fan for the shower room so it created a great condition for mould to grow. It was clear that the staff had tried to keep up with this situation, but without a fan its a challenge. Atmosphere was great. I abolustely loved this place, I wound up staying much longer than intended.

The staff is SO GREAT. Mario 1 & 2, Alec - all of them - they were lively, welcoming, warm, and had tons of info about the city. We ended up following Mario 1's directions for our 2+ days to a T, and had an awesome time. My girlfriend and I stayed in a private room that was way nicer than most hostels I've ever seen. The club downstairs where they brought us for 'open bar' was a bad experience - the staff there HATED us, the whole group of us. It put a stink on the night. But M&J rocks!

No hot water after 7pm

Great location!!! It would be the perfect choice for you if you are going to take the shuttle bus to the airport in the early morning. It is literally next to the bus stop. The staffs there were quite friendly and helpful. But the wifi is not good. There was no signal in the room.

At first i where a bit worried about staying in a hostel, but it turned out to be really fine. Great location nearby Termini station and our room was clean. Around the corner there is a shop where you can rent bikes and scooters, i would really recommand to do this! I would certainly recommand this hostel!

• 21st Mar 2015

Very good location. Very nice staff too, especially Johannes on the night shift, can't thank him enough, helped me avoid missing my flight and also very helpful..Thanks alot!

I had a very nice time at the hostel. The faculty was very relaxed, friendly and helpful and as the hostel is close to the train station, I give it a very good recommendation. There are plenty of events they organize to which you can partake such as the best night club and free drinks on friday. Alek, one of the staff members, is a relaxed guy and guided us to a great party in the Italian capital.

• 19th Mar 2015
  • Belgium

There was a drunk guy with the receptionist as we arrived in the night. The building is quite old, there were no blinds to darken the room and furniture was quite old. Beside that, it's super-cheap so, if you are not scared to sleep in a not-so-comfortable bed it's the best choice!

• 7th Mar 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

The staff was amazing! They gave me so many ideas and suggestions to make my trip better! The bar downstairs sucks as a bar, but the breakfast is well worth the value! The rooms are very clean! It's obvious they clean every day and change all the bedding, save the comforter (so use your sheet). It is located near a bus hub, right by the train station, and close to the metro! Overall, I really enjoyed my experience.

• 20th Feb 2015

Overall, fantastic hostel experience. The staff was very welcoming and helpful in any questions and recommendations on what to do in Rome.

I was booked for 4 nights but only stayed for 1. The facilities and rooms were not very clean and were by far the worst I have experienced in any hostel

• 5th Feb 2015

helpfull staff, clean rooms. Capps shower that could do with some attention but good stay !!

Nicely located next to the big bus station terminus with link to the metro-lines. Very helpful and friendly staff, warm welcome and nice suggestion for sightseeing tours (by the way: hope you enjoyed the "neapolitaner"-cookies ;) )