M&J Hostel Reviews

Via Solferino 9, Rome, Italy

1998 Total Reviews

It was a good place,comfortable and clean enough.The only thing i was pissed off about is that someone stole my jam from the fridge:(!By the way,my roomamtes also complaine that they found some of their food missing:(

Our stay in your hostel was really good and we feel its value for money

• 5th Dec 2015
  • India
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Cash only when you arrive despite a sign saying they take credit card. No heat. Weird stains on the bedding. No hot water for the shower great location

Everything was great but we didnt get wifi in our rooms and the computer didt work : ( but all was really wonderful!

• 24th Nov 2015

I enjoyed myself. The staff was very nice and I didn't have any problems. Even though it is a little sketchy at night, I felt completely safe walking alone in the streets.

• 21st Nov 2015

It was one of the best hostels I stayed in Italy. I little but too pricey, but overall ok. The staff was most helpful and very nice. All I needed to know, Tomas did tell me at checkin time. Actually, all of them were superb! The rooms were big enough with all the necessary stuff. I'd rather insist more in the bathroomms cleanliness. I would totally recommend this hostel. Next to the central station in Rom.

Excellent location near the main train station. Within 20-30 minutes you can walk to most major landmarks. Decent bar/restaurant on ground floor.

This was a great place The staff was so helpful one of the guys mapped out the whole city for us and circled the best things to do! such a short walk from Termini station which has the metro and buses and honestly takes you everywhere! Or you can even walk around the hostel itself there's so many stores and great places to eat! The rooms were great. There isn't wifi in the rooms but honestly if you stand outside the doors or sit on the stairs and in the lobby there's all the wifi you need!

• 13th Nov 2015
  • Mexico

The room (single room) had one lamp....the lights did not work in the bathroom so i had to carry the lamp in with me like it was 1910. Area is scary. Near train....thats the only benefit. No wifi in rooms.....its 2015. come on!

If you are backpacking trough Europe and expect to have wi fi in the hostel dorm, you have it all wrong! people complain about this so muchl! u are in Rome! travellin! dont spend your time on Facebook! go out there and explore! you can go to the lobby to update your family or upload things! The only bad thing is they charge 3.50 euros for tourist city tax, when in the official Rome webpage says very clear this does not apply to HOSTELS! Towels not given, only sold! No credit card accepted :(

Very bad experience at this place. Rooms were very smelly, common area was not so good, poor shower facility, broken toilet, only one charging place in whole room, noisy bed, can hear outside traffic noise. WiFi worked only in common area. The only advantage is its location, close to Roma Termini.

Bigger lockers under the beds or somewhere in the dorm rooms would be better, but the little lockers were good for important documents. Staff was friendly and helpful. Place was clean and had a nice little lounge with a couple of computers as well.

• 31st Oct 2015
  • Philippines

Really uncleanly hostel

• 30th Oct 2015

great location and the staff was very nice and helpful but the hostel was dirty, smelled, and was not kept up. Our room had paint pealing off the walls, the sheets had stains and hair on them like they hadn't been washed in a while, the bathroom smelt and I would not step in the shower it was so dirty and rundown. It was okay if you are only looking for a place to stay but I wouldn't recommend for a long stay.

• 30th Oct 2015

The community feel of this hostel was really strange. My friend and I were changed from an all female dorm room to a 4 person private room at no cost, so we had a room and bathroom to ourselves. The facilities were okay, the staff was nice, the other people in the hostel kept to themselves completely. The location was fine. Generally, just a good hostel but don't expect extra amenities or a great community atmosphere. Towels are 7 euro to buy, no rentals. We were bummed on that.

Online it says they accept credit cards and they don't. Only cash. The management is also very unorganized and the rooms vary extremely from size. Mine you could barely walk. The rooms have no lockers or anything and there's no wifi except in that small area at check in

• 23rd Oct 2015

Other than reception (Thomas was very helpful ), nothing is good Location was great Mattress was awful and restrooms are dirty No wifi in the rooms and common area is few hard tables And chairs I would not come back here

Good location, outside of the train station. Relatively inexpensive, comparative to Rome. Showers had steady hot water. Super friendly & helpful staff! Great atmosphere. Plus, the reservation area is open 24 hours. The cons were that the wifi only works in the reception area & it's not very efficient. The kitchen opens at 3 & closes at 10. The outlets in the room weren't accessible for every bed & there's only one key to the room, but I heard them ordering more. I highly recommend this hostel!

I saw this place had a lot of bad reviews, but it was incredibly close to the train station so I did it. This whole area is a bit dodgy at night but as soon as I was inside it was good. The staff were really welcoming and friendly, and I got bumped up to a female dorm. I didn't use the kitchen facilities or join in on the pub crawls or anything so can't comment. All in all I would recommend here if you are looking for a reasonably priced room close to the city, and aren't expecting a hotel.

The manager of the hostel came swung open the door and shouted good morning which was strange

• 15th Oct 2015