M&J Hostel Reviews

Via Solferino 9, Rome, Italy

Don't stay here unless you don't have any other options. 40 people to one bathroom (with one toilet and shower). You can only get wifi in the lobby and there are so many people there that it's hard to find an empty outlet. Most of the staff members are nice but one was very rude to me for no reason and seemed to be very homophobic. He saw me with a guy once (and we really were not doing anything inappropriate) and I honestly felt harassed. Stay at the yellow or Alessandro palace.

Nice staff / friendly ! Close termini the centrale station that really convenient. 2 bathrooms for 5 rooms and the toilets are inside ... ! Wifi only in one place in the hostel.

Good hostel and lovely staff that is extremely friendly.

• 18th May 2015
  • Belgium

The best thing in my opinion are the staff (at your service 24/7) and the location of the hostel. Really easy to find it. Also, I like the thing that we got an upgrade from 10 bed dorm room, to a room with 4 beds and a private bathroom. The only thing that actually bothered me is really uncomfortable bed.

• 18th May 2015
  • Croatia

Good value but it is a older facility.

Very decent place. Stayed there two days in a mixed 6 bed ensuite. Linen and beds were clean. The bathroom was fair enough. The staff was nice and the location is excellent, extremely close to Termini. Not the cheapest but in line with Rome prices.

Our door wouldn't lock and wasn't fixed in the 5 days we were there even though we talked to the staff about it multiple times

Hostel isn't really in the best location. It's close to the train station but nothing else. I had made changes to my reservation and they just canceled my entire stay and made me pay double the rate at which I originally was supposed to pay because THEY messed up my reservation.

Awful hostel to begin with arrows rather late at night and guy made me wait for 40mins before checking me in, bunks are so unstable and rock and shake, mattress wrapped in plastic so rustle anytime someone moves, unclean bathrooms, staff are so disorganised & shouting at each other the whole time, tiny lockers only in common area and freezing cold showers the whole time, bit of a walk to main attractions as well

No lockers in room, rooms extremely noisy with no sound proofing, no lifts to help with suitcases up stairs, power was out for 12 hours.

• 13th May 2015
  • New Zealand

The staff was wonderful and very helpful. They were very welcoming and gave great advice on what to see and do in Rome. I was only there for two days and was at a loss on what to see and the staff helped immensely. The location was great and I was able to walk everywhere. It was pretty loud at night. Sounds carried a lot I guess and people Han out in the common spaces until very late. Also there was always club music coming from somewhere on the floor. Otherwise, it was a great hostel!

• 13th May 2015

Very nice hostel staff (Mario) but the facilities arent good enougt. The room is dirty the beds move in all directions and the bathrooms are dirty too. Theres no ventilation in the rooms and the kitchen is not fully equipped as it says on the hostels description. Wifi only works (averagley) in the lobby that doesnt even have a comfortable chair to sit on. Plugs in the room arent enough for the people it can hold. gas is cut at 10 am so you cant use the kitchen and showers are always cold.

Very friendly staff! Gave us tons of info on what to do. Easy to meet people in the rooms and communal area. The beds are quite uncomfortable.

• 11th May 2015

Not a bad hostel to stay in. Security (especially at night is tight which is comforting). Great being right next to the train station, but a 20 minute walk if you want to see the sights, which isn't really a problem. WiFi only in the common area. Fine to stay at though.

Hello, My mattress had his original plastic, so that I couldn't move without doing a lot of noise . Staff told me that all mattres should keep this plastic for better preservation. Only my mattress kept it because the plastic of the other mattress had been already pulled out previously. How is it possible to offer a a bed with plastic on it ? Furthermore, we were near from a night club : not possible to sleep from midnight to 3 pm. Regards, E.Grould

• 10th May 2015

No locker and no wi-fi in the room, quite dirty, problem with electricity

• 10th May 2015
  • Sweden

There were not enough blankets for all the beds in the hostel. We were there for three nights and didn't have a blanket for any of them. There was also no hot water whatsoever and all the showers had not enough pressure to make washing hair possible. The bar downstairs was pounding bass until late into the night and the beds were uncomfortable and squeaky and unstable making sleep difficult The location is the only thing going for this hostel.

This place was a dump. Dirty, unprofessional staff,bed not comfortable, linen dirty,bathrooms dirty.not enough bathrooms on each floor to match amount of people staying.

• 7th May 2015

Awesome Hostel! great location, and the Staff! Mario and Johanes, both from the reception Staff are great guys, showed us where to go on day and night! They also gave us recomendations for skipping the lines to entry in the Coliseum, and other places! Great Stay in Rome.

We had a great stay but mostly because the staff were very friendly and helpful. They went the extra mile to make sure we had a great experience; from suggesting great places to eat in the middle of the night to sorting out our transport back to the hostel after a night out. The hostel itself could have been better for the amount we paid. It didn't have wifi in the rooms, the kitchen was limited and hot water was rare. Overall it's a good hostel, great location and an amazing staff.

• 1st May 2015