M&J Hostel Reviews

Via Solferino 9, Rome, Italy

Worst hostel ever!! The AC didn't work one time through our stay, the wifi was only in the office, regular power outages for the building, kitchen is actually just a mini fridge and a cabinet for the whole hostel, and the common room was a bunch of small tables and rickety chairs in a space too small for it. I would NEVER recommend this hostel to even my enemies. When asked if we could get a discount or talk to the manager the answer was always come back later. Do not stay here!!

The staff was very helpful and kind. no hot water even when left running for awhile like a sign said. Are room had a funny smell but it was decently clean. Bar crawl was a joke and over advertised. The best place to meet people and party is at The Yellow bar which is a hostel really close. No ac, but not many places do have ac. Over all too much money for what it's worth but it's decent and a place to stay

Not the best hostel, but it's Rome and this one is at least cheaper than others. It was really hot and there was no AC in my room (heard rumors there was AC elsewhere). I honestly didn't care as much, but the window had to stay open to allow some air and we were right off some busy street with tons of loud trucks in the morning. Also you could only get wifi downstairs in the lounge area which isn't really set up well with only little tables and uncomfortable chairs.

The staff were super friendly, the rooms were very hot, but it was summer and Rome in general was hot. The rooms were clean but the bathroom wasn't, even after the cleaning staff cleaned it (he spent maybe 3 minutes cleaning it). The location was great, the stairs kinda sucked after walking through Rome all day. I would stay here again if I came back to Rome.

We missed our flight to Rome due to circumstances out of our control. We tried to ask them to be considerate of our situation, as we now had a bunch of unexpected expenses. They continued to charge us and neglected to respond to our emails. We understand their cancellation policy, but we did not intend to not visit Rome. We even re-confirmed our reservation with them hours before our flight.

• 30th Jun 2015

Good location!!!! Cleaners and most of the staff friendly. One staff member was a creep and made me feel uncomfortable quite a few times. There's no lockers in the rooms which I thought was bad.

We had booked a private double room, when we arrived the gave us the option of staying in a luxury room around the corner in a separate building from the hostel. It was amazing! Brand new and there was no extra charge.. I was lucky but the location of the hostel is good, right beside termini station and 10-15 minute walk to colosseum and other sights

The location is good, right near the Termini station (main station), the staff are friendly, beer is sold in the vending machine. However there are no lockers in the rooms, you have to give your stuff to the receptionist, which is still safe. The rooms are not impressive but they aren't gross either. I stayed here for one night because it's cheap. The hostelers I met were really nice, and inviting. However, the wifi only works in the lobby, which is irritating, but overall it is worth 1-2 nights

The luxury single suite is wonderful! The best service from the entire staff!

• 27th Jun 2015

The staff not that helpful plus very poor atmosphere

No hot water on the 4th floor and we were there for 4 nights and it didn't get fixed, so for a hot shower had to go down a floor everyday. There is wifi but it can't be accessed in any of the rooms so you will have to go to the lobby area. Apart from that a great hostel.

• 25th Jun 2015

Not one of the greatest ones but really convenient as it's right next to Termini Station. Rooms have no air-conditioning, just a ceiling fan, so can get a bit stuffy. My room door had constant issues with the lock not working properly. Bathrooms were clean though with proper hot water. Wifi was constantly down during my stay there, but that's probably just bad timing. Overall, not a place I'd come back to but otherwise not that bad.

I had a great time but I feel as though i overpaid for my stay.

Location was good. Showers were cold though, and rooms were extremely hot.

It's a party hostel for sure. So if you plan quiet nights sleep don't go there. Very close to Termini.

It was hot and dirty. The loud music from the nearby dance club was extremely loud (nightly).

Mario Is very kind. Staff is helpful. LOCATION IS VERY GOOD. Computer did not work for two nights! The Kitchen needs new items a fry pan with a HANDLE & a cover ! Also several other items are NEEDED in the Kitchen .

Really cool hostel. The staff are very knowledgeable, help plan your day, and are fun to hang out with. There where many young travelers, like myself, who where staying there so meeting people was very easy at M&J. Its located right in the heart of town so its close to all the sights and restaurants.The 6 person rooms where OK not great, but the 4 person rooms where very good. Definitely would recommend.

• 20th Jun 2015

Three people had belongings stolen during our stay. The wifi only works in reception and the showers take a while to warm up. The staff were very helpful with giving us tips for cheap plaxes to eat and how to get arouns. I suppose you get what you pay for in terms of facilities.

The loud music from the nightclub next door made it difficult to fall asleep. The single key method for getting into the rooms is very inconvenient,

• 20th Jun 2015