M&J Hostel Reviews

Via Solferino 9, Rome, Italy

They gave us a room with three beds, there is woman stayed in the room before our arrival. She being annoyed, asked us to keep quiet as she has flight to catch at 3am. We have to take shower, changing clothes and she being rudely scold us being so noise. I scolded her back as i pay to use the facilities and not tolerate with her as she being annoying. What a woman.

Lacks facilities and the cleanliness is poor. Strong odour from the bathrooms

The hostel is on the 2nd floor but dorms are located on 3rd, 4th, 5th & 6th….I was on floor 6! No elevator, no help with baggage, no wifi in room! ~wifi~ is only available on 2nd floor by reception (its the 21st century)…booked an 8br dorm had me in a 10br… (NO HOT WATER IN BATH)..beds have foil on them….bathrooms r tiny & NO HOT WATER!!!! only one wall plug for entire 10br dorm, only plus was location & decent staff that will inform u where 2 go… NEVER AGAIN will i stay there!!! NOT recommend..

Cooking facilities werent as expected! No kettle either! Cold showers also! I only got to have one hot shower in my stay of 4 nights

• 26th May 2015

Helpful staff and great location. Fresh bathroom but a little bit if a problem to get hot water easily and it was running really slow

Nice place to chilling with others, meet a lot of nice people, good location and only 3 minutes walk to termini station, awesome and highly recommended!

Great location and facilities. Wifi doesn't reach to rooms but that was my only complaint!

The location was within walking distance from the metro and train station which was great. However, there was only wifi available in the lobby and all the bathrooms had mold in them and smelled disgusting. You only get a sheet to sleep with but it never gets too cold so I guess that's ok. Most of the staff were very friendly and helpful and their English was great. There is also a cheap restaurant downstairs with a discount and great food so overall, not a bad stay.

• 21st May 2015

Trying to give an honest review here - this place could be amazing, needs improvement in the facilities (wifi, bathrooms and beds). That being said, the atmosphere is great, lots of open people to meet and hang out with, always something going on. The staff are amazing! Mario (x2), Johanes and the rest will tell you what's up and where to go. Location can't be beat. Amazing value for your money, very comfortable. Some people aren't meant for hostels, they should go to hotels. Dave O.

• 20th May 2015
  • Spain

Don't stay here unless you don't have any other options. 40 people to one bathroom (with one toilet and shower). You can only get wifi in the lobby and there are so many people there that it's hard to find an empty outlet. Most of the staff members are nice but one was very rude to me for no reason and seemed to be very homophobic. He saw me with a guy once (and we really were not doing anything inappropriate) and I honestly felt harassed. Stay at the yellow or Alessandro palace.

Nice staff / friendly ! Close termini the centrale station that really convenient. 2 bathrooms for 5 rooms and the toilets are inside ... ! Wifi only in one place in the hostel.

Good hostel and lovely staff that is extremely friendly.

• 18th May 2015
  • Belgium

The best thing in my opinion are the staff (at your service 24/7) and the location of the hostel. Really easy to find it. Also, I like the thing that we got an upgrade from 10 bed dorm room, to a room with 4 beds and a private bathroom. The only thing that actually bothered me is really uncomfortable bed.

• 18th May 2015
  • Croatia

Good value but it is a older facility.

Very decent place. Stayed there two days in a mixed 6 bed ensuite. Linen and beds were clean. The bathroom was fair enough. The staff was nice and the location is excellent, extremely close to Termini. Not the cheapest but in line with Rome prices.

Our door wouldn't lock and wasn't fixed in the 5 days we were there even though we talked to the staff about it multiple times

Hostel isn't really in the best location. It's close to the train station but nothing else. I had made changes to my reservation and they just canceled my entire stay and made me pay double the rate at which I originally was supposed to pay because THEY messed up my reservation.

Awful hostel to begin with arrows rather late at night and guy made me wait for 40mins before checking me in, bunks are so unstable and rock and shake, mattress wrapped in plastic so rustle anytime someone moves, unclean bathrooms, staff are so disorganised & shouting at each other the whole time, tiny lockers only in common area and freezing cold showers the whole time, bit of a walk to main attractions as well

No lockers in room, rooms extremely noisy with no sound proofing, no lifts to help with suitcases up stairs, power was out for 12 hours.

• 13th May 2015
  • New Zealand

The staff was wonderful and very helpful. They were very welcoming and gave great advice on what to see and do in Rome. I was only there for two days and was at a loss on what to see and the staff helped immensely. The location was great and I was able to walk everywhere. It was pretty loud at night. Sounds carried a lot I guess and people Han out in the common spaces until very late. Also there was always club music coming from somewhere on the floor. Otherwise, it was a great hostel!

• 13th May 2015