M&J Hostel Reviews

Via Solferino 9, Rome, Italy

Almost cool except: 1- they have a bar-resto. We ate there, service was ok until the time a party began, lights wend down, music highly loud, and tables off. WE were still eating! So not friendly AT ALL, they did not show any consideration for us. 2- THEY DO NOT CLEAN WELL THE BEDS!!! They have BEDBUGS, and they must be there for a long time! The man at the reception was no help and just change us to another room... we probably transfer the bugs there!! We never slept because of bugs bites...

Wifi sucks can only get it in the one room

The staff were amazing and always did their best to help me out with everything they needed. Mario (there is more than 1 but they are all awesome) helped me out so much woth a trip to the coast and where to go in Rome. But other than that the place is definitely a great location. Super cheap. And I met so many cool people

• 21st May 2014

my roomate was so nice, but when i stayed there i feel a little bit not safe because suddenly during the night there is one girl (who is not from our room) just go inside our room and jump to one of us (jump into a girl) and she tried to take something from the bag. and this was so annoying because we already sleep and because of someone we wake up in the midnight. We got the room key, but the fact is our room can't be locked.

• 16th May 2014
  • Indonesia

Very strategicly located near Termini terminal. I arrive there late at night, and it is very easy to find. The service is good, and the staff is helpful. What is lacking is no wifi inside the rooms, only on the lobby, and locker on the room. It is a bit noisy from the outside, but the security was good.

There wasn't enough hot water for bath. There had not locker in my room. Bads were loudly their ambalages. Location was great

I got bed bugs...

• 14th May 2014

The hostel was really nice and the staff was helpful and friendly. However there were bed bugs, which when told they took care of the problem right away. Another girl was allergic to them and they gave her money to buy medicine. Besides the bed bugs the hostel was okay.

5 min walk from Roma Termini. Welcoming staff x

first day we had no hot water on our level. second day, we had no water at all. third day it was fine. wifi only in common area. kitchen hours from 3pm-11pm - ordinary. no lockers in rooms even though plenty of space for them and a simple/necessary addition to any hostel! bathrooms were clean and staff ok.

A very convenient place to stay to the railway (150 metres) A little costly when I went (early may ) but Rome is expensive

Great location, staff with great recommendations on what to see. However, no lockers available for dorm rooms. No hot water in the ensuite bathroom, kind of defeating the purpose of booking the ensuite room in the first place. Please check your system - one night there was an overbooking in our room and the new person just planted his stuff on a bed (happened to be mine), then came back the next day huffing about how I "stole" his bed after I removed his things. No apology from staff.

Really awesome location right next to the main train station ( and metro). For those, like us, arrive hungry, there is a resteaunt/bar downstairs that gives discount to those staying in the hostel. Cons: there os afair bit of stairs but nothing deadly, wifi only in lobby so you have to listen to listen to everyone else's ridiculous Skype conversations while you book your next night. Overall would stay here again.

First of all I have to stay that the only good point of the hostel is the location. All the other things are quite poor. You haven't got warm water. The dorm of 6 people is very small and the beds are uncomfortable. The bathroom is very dirty so its hard for you to put things on any kind of found. There work two persons on the reception who only chat on Facebook and want to have there money. Therefore they do nothing at all.

• 1st May 2014

Friendly front desk staff - helpful with creating an itinerary to see the best parts of Rome. Close to Termini station which is great. Kitchen is only open from 3pm-10pm...very inconvenient. Cold-ass showers.

The staff, especially the boss "Mario", is the best staff I've ever met in hostels.

I wish there was an option above "excellent" to describe the wonderful staff at M&J! Not only did they have countless suggestions for things to do, they even essentially mapped out an itinerary for me with maps and drawings. I was traveling alone and didn't have any major plans so this certainly improved my voyage! I forgot my plug for the charger and only had the USB cord but luckily for me, the staff was kind enough to let it charge on the computer at reception for the night! These guys rock!

Be really carefull with luggage room in that hostel, there is dangerous old lock. I injured my finger with it. There aren't hooks in bathroom. Good location, staff is OK.

• 26th Apr 2014
  • Russia

Friendly staff and good location next to termini station. But they had bed bugs and no hot water in the shower, besides hardly any commutiy room, kitchen is only opeed from 3.00 pm till the late evening.

lots of steps to carry suitcase to get to the dorm. we were not permitted to use the elevator. dark paint in rooms makes it appear dungy and cleanliness questionable. kichen had limited hours. no lockers. however great location, staff were very helpful and beds were comfortable. breakfast deal at cafe downstairs was good.