M&J Hostel Reviews

Via Solferino 9, Rome, Italy

Not only did I leave with bed bugs but I also left having had no hot water, and the worst sleeping experiences I've ever had at a hostel. I will not and would not recommend this place. Bed bugs are in room 117 apparently.

• 23rd Apr 2014

M&J is ok for a few nights, as the room is nice and clean (despite that odd smell, crossing Chanel nr. 5 and muskiness), but the staff are rather incompetent. From the girl that constantly seemed to have bad days and thus a bad attitude, to the guy working night shifts trying to make us check in every night again - annoying. The bar downstairs is amazing, but the hostel's atmosphere is dead, staying elsewhere next time. But no big complaints outside of this.

Just got back from 5 nights here. I have stayed in numerous hostels all over the world and have never written a review before but I felt compelled to here because this place is so awful. See below a list of key things I found during my stay: No hot water in the morning and when there was hot water the shower was an absolute dribble Beds were ancient and very flimsy, any movement on the bottom or the top bunk resulted in very loud creeking so no one could sleep. There is no WIFI in the rooms

• 15th Apr 2014
  • Wales

I booked a 3 night stay online for a friend and I, we lasted 1 night and that was enough to call it quits and demand for our money back. We got there at aproximatley 9pm and didn't get a room till 11:30pm. Both males in reception were rude, unfriendly and very UN-professional. Showers in all areas of the hostel were pathetic and the WIFI only worked downstairs in the main reception area. ALL IN ALL I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND TO STAY AT M&J HOSTEL IN ROME!

• 14th Apr 2014

Convenient location to trains and walking distance I major sighs. Grocery store nearby an a kitchen helped keep the cost of eating down (I was there five days). Very helpful and knowledgable staff. Like most 200year old buildings in Italy the plumbing wasn't perfect but they tried to fix hot water shortages quickly.

The price is way too much for what we get. The place is dirty, the bathrooms are old and dirty. The staff is quite rude. Never coming back to this place.

Ok place to stay seemed like it was a cery old motel. The lift doesnt work and the lightbus very poor in the rooms. They only have wifi in the lobby and there is no where reallly to hang out. Other than that the location was amazing and the staff were super helpful. The reception is open 24/7. There we no lockers to lock important tgings away amd you had to pay extra for towels.

Tiny bathrooms, it's almost impossible to keep the floor and your things from getting wet. No lockers and the security boxes their offer at the reception are only big enough to put your passport in; they keep the valuables people leave them behind the counter, where everybody can see them, and they sometimes have to leave reception for various reasons so anyone could pretty much go and steal them. Kitchen has no microwave and no oven. Wifi only works in the kitchen and in the common room.

The staff at this hostel were really friendly and helpful, however there was very little common space and the shared kitchen did not seem to be working. The bunk beds in the shared dorm were very noisy as was the place in general as there is a restaurant/bar downstairs which never seems to stop. For the cost of accommodation in Rome this is not a bad place, although take note of the party/nosey atmosphere.

extremely nice and helpful staff :) good location, great value for money

共同シャワーが一つは熱湯しかでなくてわざわざ着替えて他の共同トイレのシャワーに移動した。部屋のシャワーは水しか出なくて水流弱すぎ。

Had a pretty good stay at this hostel for 7 nights in a private room. However a few things that were of note were: the kitchen was not well equipped at all (lacking a microwave, oven, kettle and many other simple appliances). Also our room was positioned on the second floor and EVERY night the music from the downstairs club could be heard loudly from 9.30pm until very late at night. Supermarket was close which was great :) Overall was a good stay!

My private room was small & simple, but very clean and well taken care of. Had a safe for valuables. Bar/restaurant wasn't very busy, not great for meeting people, but service was friendly. The only negative was at night someone was smoking in the lobby (I guess normal in Europe), and the smoke came into my room. A towel under the door fixed it for the most part. Just might be a problem for someone very sensitive to cigarette smoke. Overall, it was a great deal and I would stay her again!

We had an amazing time in there, the staff was very kind and helpful and the atmosphere was very happy. I would deffinitely go back.

Staff were friendly and helpful, had clean sheets, fairly clean bathroom, hot water and decent wi fi plus the location was great.

• 3rd Mar 2014