MD House Reviews

18/6 Rajvithee Rd., Amphur Maung, Chiang Mai, Thailand

The two pools are the best part, which you can also pay 100baht to swim at for non-guests. The room was ok, definitely enough space for one traveller, bed was quite good. I had bites on one arm the next day, I wasn't sure if that was from the room or possibly biting ants that were colonized beside my pool lounger. Close to Sunday and night market. Quiet. Breakfast included. Luggage hold storage was an unlocked room, I padlocked my bags, no issue. Would stay again.

• 11th Jan 2015

The breakfast was great and I appreciated the quick turnaround for the laundry services.

• 10th Jan 2015

Friendly staff and clean rooms. Rooms are abit on the dingy side with not much light but it was a place to stay and clean. the pools look nice but didn't get a chance to go in them. Staff are very helpful.

• 3rd Jan 2015

Nice hostel. Nice pool. Breakfast was good and also the location is very nice.

Can put some improvement to water pressure for bath shower

• 29th Dec 2014
  • Malaysia

Good value for money. Good breakfast, good location, the wifi isn't great and there's no safe. P'tang (who arranges the tours) was very helpful with planning our tours

Decent place to stay but nothing special. Get what you pay for. Plus points are great location within Chaing Mai, Easy place to chillout and have your own space, and good breakfast. Downsides are that it's not a very sociable place, limited wifi (not all areas) and fairly basis/dated decor/room facilities.

Great staff. Planned to stay nights, ended up staying 5. Dang (travel booker) at the desk is the best! See her with any questions. Relaxed feel in the Chiang Mai walls. Close to everything, and a short motorbike ride away from the rest. We went golfing about 45 minutes away for 250 baht including clubs, balls, and cart. Leave your door unlocked and they clean your room daily. This place is a 10 in my book. No complaints.

• 12th Nov 2014

Poor facilities. The AC was weak, the shower pressure was worse than the sink's, and there was weak WiFi in the lobby, the only area where there was WiFi. The rooms felt danky and damp. A couple of the staff were nice, but there were rude people too. Would not recommend staying here.

the rooms should be cleaned up a little bit more often during the stay.

• 5th Nov 2014

Really good location, and nice staff. Pretty comfortable bed and pillow. I would recommend to people. Only thing is compare other hostels it's a little bit pricy.

we choose the hostel because it has a swimming pool, but it when we arrived, the water was not very clear and clean..so we were quiet disapointed. the hostel is big, quiet old, and the room have no decoration: white wall and a bed..so not very nice. there is air con, and a fridge, so it was ok, but i would not really recommend this hostel, it doesn't have anything special.

Compared to the other budget hostels the facilites were not that impressive. I was hoping to spend a little more money for one night to have a clean/private room. The room was average, the staff hardly spoke any english, and the wifi was only available in a small part of the lobby. It was an ok experience.

Staff are extremely friendly and always happy to help. Reception is also manned 24hrs. The hostel is very accessible to all locations including all temples in the old city, the night bazaar, Zoe in yellow as well as being a convenient distance from the zoo and Wat Doi Suthep. Tours can also be organised on site, being both quick to organise and very convinent. Rooms are cleaned everyday and washing can also be done on site. Overall a very enjoyable stay and I would highly recommend this hostel.

• 2nd Sep 2014
  • Scotland

Clean, awesome location, friendly staff, and cool chill vibe. Right down the road from "Zoe in Yellow" and a bunch of other bars and restaurants. All that was missing was a bar in the lobby which woulda made it perfect. If you review readers are expecting the ritz as some of these other reviewers clearly were….you probably shouldn't be staying in a hostel in Chiang Mai. Happy trails

• 19th Aug 2014

I am surprised because you have taken 234 euros from my account on 9/8/2014. According to the book, I booked only one night and I have payed on site the amount 1320 BAHT. Can you see the problem and pay back us as soon as possible please ? Thanks for your response. Denis CAVALIER

• 7th Aug 2014

Dear Sir/madam, Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us. First, I'd like to inform you that we cannot charge you with only your card number. We don't have that system of charging in our place. Second, we have got ATM machine in front of our place. Which if you take cash from that machine, it'd show the name MD house on your statement. You can check this with your bank. We're really sorry for the misunderstanding. MD house staff

Pretty expensive and some staff not so friendly. The pool could use some cleaning!