MD House Reviews

18/6 Rajvithee Rd., Amphur Maung, Chiang Mai, Thailand

For a small place, the breakfast included was wonderful, beds were adequate, rooms and bathrooms were cleaned daily with replacing fresh towels, never went in the two pools, but only due to time-they looked great, Internet was spotty, we you could get on, overall-it was a good experience and well worth recommending to others!

• 29th Dec 2015

Even though it was over Christmas/ new year and prices were up - I expected far more for what I paid. But the staff was very nice.

Great accommodation for the price I paid...close to all amenities and very close to the Sunday Walking Market. Breakfast was included.

• 27th Dec 2015

My 4 night-stay was a memorable experience. I loved that this place is surrounded by countless international restaurants and massage parlors. I love the pool, the guests but sadly not much of the staff. 1, they provided crispy-thin towels and managed to mistake my friend's bath towel with theirs, 2nd, throughout our stay here they didn't offer housekeeping services at all. The place do not have a lift so prepare to drag your luggage all the way up and water pressure in the bathroom is very weak

The staff were amazing and exceeded our expectations. They were always helpful and had a smile on their faces. Thanks for an extremely enjoyable week!

• 26th Dec 2015

It's not really a hostel but a hotel. No common area and nothing special about the rooms. Location is good but look further then you will find at first because the bars close to the hotel a ** and there are a lot more better places. Not expensive but i would stay somewhere else.

I enjoyed my stay at MD house over Christmas. It was a beautiful change from hostel dorms. The staff are lovely and always willing to help. The security is amazing there. Great pool and location is right on the main road in Old city. My room was spacious and very clean. Nice hot showers too. Even in the most basic single room you get a fridge and a big comfy bed. Would recommend.

the hostel in general is ok, off the main road so not noisy, but the shower is a problem. the shower flow is so weak we cant wash long hair. have to go to the hair saloon near the MD house hotel, even though the hostel staff changed a new shower head for us. The staff were quite friendly and helpful. breakfast is quite good too. u can book a taxi to airport from the reception.

Nice location to night market.

The staff were extremely friendly and so very helpful. The accommodation is quite new and up to date.

• 7th Dec 2015

The air con was not working, we called somebody and they kind of fixed it, but still was not 100%. Beside this, everything ok. :)

• 1st Dec 2015

I loved this place. The first night I had a private room with an AC that didn't work. But the next day they moved me rooms at no charge and everything worked great after that. Loved the bag storage that was available for after checkout, and that they will let you pay to use the pool once you've checked out. Also, free water in the lobby is a great touch.

Really enjoyed our stay here. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Its a relaxing place, the pools are nice, breakfast in the morning is good, the rooms are clean, beds comfortable, showers work well and the air con worked perfectly. I stayed in a private double room. Only annoying thing was the lack of atmosphere in the hostel, but that can change depending on who you get there. The laundry was excellent and staff were great in helping to book trips. Cant praise this place enough. Great.

This is a lovely little hostel and the staff were all helpful. It's a great location too. Only negatives are that the bathroom wasn't cleaned once whilst we were there and the pool looked a bit grubby.

• 17th Nov 2015

We stayed in Chiang Mai for 4 days, our stay was very good since the hostel is in the middle of everything. Breakfast was included and descent, and there was also 2 pools.

Great hostel we loves everything thanks for having us

No real safe ti put your things in. Suitcase storage is open for everybody. Still using keys instead of cards. So you have to carry a big keychain. 2 pools! Amazing! Im comparison how much i paid it was a great deal. Fresh towels every day. Ac in the room. Breakfast is ok. It could be more. I had to get a second breakfast somewhere. I enjoyed staying there! It is a good choice. People working there are really friendly!

Really enjoyed having the pool and being able to watch some films on the tele at night. Had a great stay and loved chiang mai, if you are going definitely do a trek in the jungle.

We enjoy the hostel, because it was near the centre. One of the pools was dirty, one was clean and nice to swim in. The shower gives a poor stream of water; not nice in such a warm country. Breakfast was poor; better go to another place to have it. The people were nice. They planned our visits and ordered a taxi for us.

• 19th Oct 2015

I have enjoyed my stay at MD house so much that I have extended my stay another 2 weeks. I feel right at home. It is centrally located near the East gate in Old Chiang Mai.

• 16th Oct 2015