MEININGER Amsterdam City West
We are located right at the second most important urban transport hub in Amsterdam: Sloterdijk station. From here it is just a 5-minute ride with the urban railway to Centraal Station at the heart of the Old Town and ten minutes to Schiphol Airport. A game of beach volleyball is a short ride away at nearby Strand West and the Westerpark is within easy walking distance.
We have a breath of Amsterdam flair in store for you here, with Old Master-style art in the lobby and giant clogs before the door. In addition to interesting conversation, our bar also offers a cool Heineken and other local specialities. Snacks are also available here, should you feel peckish.
Sometimes you're simply spoilt for choice. If you cannot decide which of the numerous Amsterdam restaurants to choose, you can rustle up something tasty for you and your friends in the guest kitchen. By the way: this also has a washing machine and dryer.
In our games room pool and table football await, either for internationals against other guests or a game amongst friends. The cosy alternative: you put your feet up in our comfortable lobby and chat with friends from home. Free W-Lan is provided in all public areas and rooms.
Beds are located in either single, double, multi-bed rooms or the dormitory. Bed linen is included. All rooms have an own bathroom with shower and toilet, as well as a television.
Our young, multilingual team is on hand for you 24 hours a day. We look forward to seeing you!
Credit cards accepted
- 3-star standards
- Hostel has its own parking spaces (subject to fees)
- WI-FI is for free in all rooms and areas of the hostel
- Free luggage room and safe deposit boxes
- Washing machine and dryer
- Rooms have shower/WC and TV
- Room access with key card system
- Bed linen included
- Towels available against a deposit from the reception
- Guest kitchen
A few important rules:
- Check In from 3pm
- Check Out by 11 am
- We operate a no-smoking policy throughout the building
- Maximum stay in dorms is 14 days
- You must be 18 or over to stay in a dormitory
- All taxes are inclusive
Earliest check in time is 3pm on arrival date for all Meininger properties. Of course guests can arrive before 3pm and leave their bags in our luggage room if required.
Our young and multilingual team is there for you 24 hours a day with help and advice. Under such circumstances, there is really nothing stopping you from having an unforgettable stay!
Booking for individual travellers
Cancellation policy is 24 hrs in advance
Special Cancellation & Payment Conditions:
27.12.2013 to 01.01.2014
04.02.2014 to 06.02.2014
25.04.2014 to 28.04.2014
05.05.2014 to 09.05.2014
26.12.2014 to 01.01.2015
0 to 21 days prior to arrival or in case of No Show we will charge you 100 % of the total booking amount. We require payment in advance for the whole booking amount (bank transfer or credit card payment), in order to guarantee your reservation.
In case of cancellation from 0-21 days prior arrival we do also charge the credit card with 100 % of the whole amount. The credit card will be charged 20 prior arrival and the amount is not refundable.
BOOKING FOR GROUPS OF 12 OR MORE
1. Bookings for groups of 12 or more: cancellations made by the guest respectively on the part of the intermediary person or organisation are free of charge up to 60 days before expected arrival. For cancellations made within 60 days prior to arrival, the following cancellation fees apply; these fees also apply for bookings made within 60 days of expected arrival:
a) For cancellations made 59 to 30 days before expected arrival, 30 per cent of the agreed-upon total price will be due.
b) For cancellations made 29 to 10 days before expected arrival, 50 per cent of the agreed-upon total price will be due.
c) For cancellations made 9 to 1 day(s) before expected arrival, 90 per cent of the agreed-upon total price will be due.
d) Guests who either cancel on the day of their expected arrival or simply do not show up will be charged the agreed-upon
total price in full.
Above cancellation conditions also apply if the number of persons is reduced at least 10 per cent within this period of time. A
reduction of less than 10 per cent is free of charge until 1 day prior to arrival.
2. Booked meals can be cancelled free of charge until 8 days prior to arrival. Thereafter, a cancellation fee of 100 per cent of the agreed-upon total price applies.
Parking spaces are subject to availability.