MEININGER Amsterdam City West Reviews

Orlyplein 1-67, Amsterdam, Netherlands

I stayed in a lot of hostels but this was the best of all

• 15th Oct 2013
  • Turkey

This was a pretty fun hostel. They had a restaurant and bar bar on the top floor. I met a bunch of young travelers and had a blast.

Pretty good hostel. The facilities are great and very clean. The staff is always helpful and welcoming.The only hic ups are the location and the wifi. Taking the train everytime is quite easy and fast but it does get quite tiresome after a while. Also, at peak hours the wifi gets spotty. Overall, it's a nice quiet hostel.

Great Hostel. Too bad is a bit far from the city center (10 minutes by train from Amsterdam Central).

Excellent hostel. The rooms are really new and clean and the beds are super comfortable. The downstairs common area and bar is nice there are always people there. The only downside is the location, you have to catch a train into amsterdam each day but its only a short train ride..just annoying if you need to nip back to the hostel for a rest or something. Otherwise would definitely recommend this hostel

great rooms very clean and tidy. could do with more bar staff at busy period's.

• 11th Oct 2013
  • Scotland

More like a hotel than a hostel, which I didnt really prefer, bit it was a good location. Only 4 minutes away from Amsterdam Centraal with the train.

• 9th Oct 2013
  • Sweden

The hostel staff are helpful and friendly! When I found out the people I was staying with were messy and really untidy, who left things everywhere, I asked to change rooms and the staff kindly arrange it. The location was only average, because you have to take the train from the main station, which costs some travel money each round trip.

Amazing! Amazing! Amazing!! Back packing through Europe this was our favorite hostel. Super close to the train station, easy to find, CLEAN!! Accommodations where wonderful. Love the private bath and private shower in the room. Breakfast was beautiful and delicious!! I cannot say enough great things and would recommend this place 100%. When we return to Amsterdam, we will return here for our place of choice to stay. And you can't beat the price. :O)

Dear Sarah, Thank you very much for your lovely review, you might be our most enthusiastic guest ever:) Hope to see you again soon! Warm regards from Meininger Amsterdam

Nicest stay of my entire 6 weeks in Europe!

the hostel was extremely clean and the facilities were in excellent condition. Very safe as well, no need to worry. On the other hand, even thought it was only one station away from Amsterdam centraal, it was a suburb train so a spend a great deal of money to circulate. Also I should note that it's a very busy hostel, so even thought I booked for a certain dorm for all 5 days I stayed there I was moved from room to room with no explanation because there was no room available.

Dear Argyro, Thank you very much for your review and stay at Meininger Amsterdam! It is true that we had to deal with a lot of busy months and it is therefore not always possible to keep our guests in the same room. As low season is taking off now, please don't hesitate to come back any time soon:) Warm regards from Amsterdam

Excellent room, very clean. Love that you get linen and towels. Shower and bathroom facilities really good and modern.

Dear Robina, Thank you for your lovely review! Warm regards from Amsterdam

Nice hostel if you want to get away from the red light district.

Thank you Francis!

A very good bargain for the price! I really liked the calm and modern environment. The only issue is the location: The hostel is not located in the centre of Amsterdam.

• 3rd Oct 2013

Hi Andor, Thank you very much for your nice comment! We are happy to hear that you liked our hotel and hope to welcome you back here some other time. Kind regards from Meininger Amsterdam

I highly recommend it for anyone going to Amsterdam

• 2nd Oct 2013

Thank you John!

An 8 Minute train ride to Centraal station. Very nice rooms and bathrooms. I would recommend my friends staying here. A little more hotel feel than an interactive hostel feel, but nonetheless I would say stay here!

Dear John, Thank you very much for your nice comment. We would be happy to accommodate you and your friends here some other time! Warm regards from Amsterdam

This hostel is everything it says on the tin and it's pretty good. The one thing I was disappointed with was how they make out the location is 'very central' it's not. You come out of Centraal to discover it's the next station along the line,two taxis I asked didn't recognise the address they have on their website. It's relatively close but not on the doorstep like they made out. The cover on the bed was very small I remember too. Other than that it was ok.

• 1st Oct 2013
  • Malta

Hi R, Thank you for your comment and stay with us! It is true that our hotel is located a little outside of Amsterdam, but luckily all transportation is really convenient. We regret to hear that for that matter, it wasn't what you expected it to be. We wish you a lovely day and would be happy to welcome you here again some other time! Kind regards from Meininger Amsterdam

I really have no complaints. The staff were very friendly and always willing to help with a smile. The breakfast was good considering the price. The bathrooms and rooms were kept incredibly clean and the building is located 3min from the train station to take you anywhere you need to go. I will definitely stay there again the next time I stay in Amsterdam. Many thanks to the awesome staff!!

Hi M, What a nice comment, thank you for that! See you again in the future then:)

If you're looking for a comfortable place to sleep and don't mind a bit of a jaunt into the city center, this is a great place. It's not much of a "hostel," at least in the social sense. It's not convenient for the city center nightlife. BUT it is very clean and very comfortable with a nice bar area downstairs.

Had a great experience at this hostel! Location was ok, but located next to the train station, so easy to get around. Staff were very friendly and rooms were immaculately clean! As a single traveler, I particularly liked this location because it was easy to meet people. Would definitely stay here again!

Thanks J for that nice comment you left us! Looking forward to welcoming you here again:) Warm regards from Amsterdam