MEININGER Amsterdam City West Reviews

Orlyplein 1-67, Amsterdam, Netherlands

1986 Total Reviews

Hostel ran like a hotel, i.e. dorm has 2 joined single beds and 1 set of bunk beds. Located quite far from central making going out at night a bit of a hassle.

Staying in a hostel with rooms that didn't reek of the B.O. from the previous few hundred men to have stayed there was a big plus for me. Not only that, but the rooms have on-suite bathrooms with showers and toilets separated into their own private closets, which made staying in the mixed dorm more comfortable. My only complaint was that the wifi kept disconnecting. The speed was perfectly fine, but I think their routers were simply not capable of supporting enough wireless devices.

• 3rd Jun 2015

Good location and far from the touristy area of Amsterdam. It's only 2 minutes walk from the Amsterdam Sloterdijk train station. There's a lot of trains to Amsterdam Central and you can reach there in about 6-7 minutes. The hostel is like a hotel. I was unlucky during my stays there for 3 nights that I need to change my room after one night which I found troublesome. Each room has their own bathroom/shower room. The bed is comfy and clean. The staffs are so friendly and helpful. Recommended!

Really great hostel in good location. Only slight downside was we thought the breakfast was a little expensive for what was on offer but maybe it just wasn't to our taste!

For such a big hostel there's a few negatives. Only one washing machine is definitely not enough for over 500 people.

More like a chain hotel. Very clean. Did the trick, but would choose other options if available.

Fantastic, well run hostel, great staff, great fellow roommates, nice facility

More a hotel than a hostel. I was put in a 2 person hotel room with two randoms and made to sleep on the couch. It was still comfortable, and the two girls in there were good fun, but it wasn't a dorm room. The manager at the time was adamant that it was a dorm room, even though it clearly wasn't, because I saw one of the dorm rooms nearby. He was still helpful in making up my bed, but he wouldn't admit a mistake was made. Location was good, next to train/bus station, one stop from central.

very clean, great staff. but You'll have to take a cab back at night past 1:30 pm ~ 20-25 Euro

• 28th May 2015

Very clean hostel. More like a hotel! Towels and a turn down service. Stayed in a mixed dorm of 7. Great people (except the guy who was a horrendous snorer). Lockers in the room (remember your own padlock) Great location as well. Only downside: around 10pm every night there seemed to be no hot water.

• 27th May 2015
  • Steffers88

Stayed as a solo traveller in a four bed dorm-very small and felt cramped with the windows not being able to be opened. Weird situation with the beds-there are 2 single beds together so if you are travelling solo be prepared to get cosy with someone else. I feel this is unacceptable. Even if you push the beds apart, barely makes a difference. Expensive breakfast in the morning for what it was-cereal didn't taste nice at all. Location good by the train station but expensive to travel everyday

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay in Meininger Amsterdam. The hostel is spotless and the staff were great as well. The location was a bit problematic but it took only 10 minutes to get to the city centre so its not too bad. The bar is pretty good and I met quite a few people there. The rooms are incredibly clean and very comfortable. It was close to the airport too so that suited me perfectly.

More like a hotel. People were generally friendly including the staff. Atmosphere was meh. It's just a place to crash. Wouldn't stay here again though.

We loved Meininger - it was gorgeous and super clean. However, I didn't know it would be so far from central Amsterdam, and we had some trouble finding the entrance based on Google Maps' instructions - it might help if they sent a walking map from the Sloterdijk train station when the reservations were made.

Very nice establishment and very clean. Only bad thing is the location is far from the city center but metro is fairly close.

Clean, big dorms, hair-dryer provided, free WiFi, Hostel is not in the city center, but it is located right next to a big station where trains and buses run regularly, free breakfast (though we found 7,90€ too expensive), nice staff, snack bar

• 22nd May 2015

Dear guest, Thank you for your review, your feedback is much appreciated and we hope to welcome you again in Amsterdam! Your Meininger Hotel Amsterdam

Good to stay here if you're not looking to stay near the nightlife of the city. It's only one train stop away though, which takes maybe 10 minutes. Staff was really nice, we got a free upgrade to a three bed private room instead of five. Very clean/nice rooms and bathroom. More of a hotel than a hostel. I'd stay here again, but I think next time i'll want to be closer to the city center.

Nice, clean hostel. Pleasant helpful staff. Close to public transport. The breakfast is a little over priced, but you can have as much as you like and it's pretty good quality.

• 20th May 2015
  • Scotland

Dear guest, Thank you for your review, your feedback is much appreciated. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were satisfied with the facilities and services that we offer. I will let our staff members know that you appreciated their help. It would be our pleasure to welcome you again in Amsterdam! Your Meininger Hotel Amsterdam

Really nice place, near to the airport, friendly receptionist, clean room more like staying in a hotel in a budget, only nice things to say.. I'll definitely book again here or to their other branches in different countries..

Dear guest, Thank you for your review, your feedback is much appreciated. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were satisfied with the facilities and services that we offer. I will let our staff members know that you appreciated their help. It would be our pleasure to welcome you again in Amsterdam or one of our other hotels in Europe! Your Meininger Hotel Amsterdam

This hostel is a little out of the main city but the value for money certainly makes up for it it you want somewhere clean and nice. It's also located right next to the tram/train/bus station so it's relatively easy to get into town. The wifi was great, staff were really helpful and breakfast was really lovely a bit pricey but certainly worth it.