MEININGER Amsterdam City West Reviews

Orlyplein 1-67, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Really impressed with the standard of this hostel, more like a hotel. Only slight downside was the location as you have to get a bus into Amsterdam City centre which is around 15-20 minutes ride, however the buses run regularly and through the night which was helpful.

Great place to crash; not your typical hostel. The staff were great , helpful and proactive to our needs. Overall great experience. Thanks.

• 3rd Aug 2015

I didn't get to stay there due to my delayed arrival. Without a way to call, I got into Amsterdam later than the checkin time so I did not stay here. I wished the hostel did not have a check in time as it is not fair that I arrived into town later in the day.

This place is the bees knees if bees had knees

• 3rd Aug 2015

Over all a fine hotel/hostel, easy to get to from the train station and airport. Friendly staff and nice clean rooms. Beds with own lamp and plug. Seperate bath and toilet in the room, was super + air con. Lockers were too small(can't fit a 40L backpack) and too far from the centrum.

I was overcharged for a female dorm since the price listed here for it is the same as a single room aka book directly. Also they didn't deduct the deposit cost from the total price. in short a waste of money but otherwise a nice Hostel/hotel.

• 3rd Aug 2015

Wonderful hostel we just wished it was closer to the main part of the city. 7 min train ride into the central station but it was annoying to have to pay every day for the train. Staff was friendly and helpful. The walking tour was awesome! Bar downstairs was very cool. Rooms were very clean and comfortable. Highly recommended!

was good but the location was the only problem really. when staying in Amsterdam you want to stay close to the city and this just wasn't great for a late night as the trains stop at 1 and you have to either get a late bus or a taxi. taxi costs 25 euro. I would rather that 25 be put towards somewhere closer to the city. other than that nice hostel

Excellent place to stay. Great location as its just one stop away from central and a 1 minute walk to the hotel.

• 2nd Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

It was one of the best hostels we stayed in on our trip. My only fault is that the windows wouldn't open.

Really close to station which has trains every ten mins to Amsterdam. Excellent bar and seating area outside.

Pros; Cleanliness - Extremely clean, cleaners are constantly on the level providing fresh towels, etc... Staff - Staff was helpful, smiling, and effective. Rooms are very comfortable. Cons; Far from city, family orientated & hard to meet people if you are solo since it is so big. Atmosphere was pretty dull, even on a Friday and Saturday night, the bar downstairs was nearly empty. It was overly expensive, most probably because of the Europride that weekend, but still expensive during an event.

It was the best hotel I've ever stayed. I stayed in too many different hostels in different countries but Meininger Hotel is the best hostel far away. Hotel is too clean and also cafeteria and leisure time area are also well-designed and lovely.

EVery thing was awesome and we were upgraded to a better room! Only downside was the location - a 15 to 20 minute bus ride to the city centre and these buses didn't run past 12 am.

• 30th Jul 2015

Staff seemed a little spacy, however, I cannot argue as the staff will give you free upgrades upon availability for top comfort. This makes your dollar go further, and is great. I was a solo traveler however, and due to the size of the hostel, I didn't find it too easy to make friends and meet others. Overall. I would stay as a group, but may seek somewhere closer to city center if I return to Amsterdam!

It feels like hotel although it's dormitory. Easy to find, kind staffs, nice facilities..! Everything was good! But When I go to the central station, train was best but I could not use my 24hour ticket for bus, metro, tram.. In that case. That was only thing that I felt uncomfortable!

Cool hotel, stayed for 2 nights but unfortunately due to overbooking experienced problems. Checked in at 11pm was sent to a dorm that was already completely full. After approaching reception was sent to another room but told to return at 11am and they would given a new room due to overbooking. This is already annoying, but after going to reception at 11am (as instructed) was told to wait till 3PM!! to get a room, so inconveniently had to wait and leave suitcase in storage.

• 29th Jul 2015

Very clean and modern hostel. Staff was very helpful and they offered plenty of information and recommendations of what to do in Amsterdam. As a solo traveller I would just say it's a bit too big to meet people as easily as a smaller hostel. But that being said there's a waking tour and pub crawl available to meet people. Location is a train stop about 7 minutes to city centre. Which didn't bother me but if you want to be right down in it I'd say stay around centraal.

Although not in centre city the hostel is located beside one of the main transit stations . This was great as we would head into and and escape and head home to a quiet area. the facilities were very clean and new ! The staff was friendly and were able to answer and help us with any questions or concerns we had.

• 28th Jul 2015

Feels more like a high volume hotel than the other hostels I experienced across Europe. The place is huge. Because of this, staff was highly stressed and led to them being generally unhelpful. The facility itself is very nice - great modern, clean rooms. More families than college students. Certainly not a party hostel. One train stop from downtown wasn't bad, but keep in mind trains stop at 1am if you are trying to club in Amsterdam.