MEININGER Amsterdam City West Reviews

Orlyplein 1-67, Amsterdam, Netherlands

I have been travelling and studying abroad for the past 4 months and this was the best hostel I have been to. Everything from the room to the service was awesome! I cancelled and rebooked my trip about 4 times and the staff was very patient and helpful to me. They were always attentive and ready with an answer.

• 21st Nov 2013

We had a very good time and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Great location and very very clean. Would definitely recommend and will be visiting again in the near future!

Really unhappy about my card being charged for the whole group on the eve of our arrival in the hotel in Amsterdam. Thanks to that stunt my credit card was maxed out for the duration of my stay in Amsterdam... No email was sent warning this situation... According to the reservation conditions there was no reason for this... Still don't understand also why our group had to be separated when we were told 5m before that we would get a room for all our group...

A clean simple hostel, ofcourse the location isnt that great - you have to catch a train in to the city (which is 2euro per person, and 2euro return). But it was ok for us since we had a rental car, and they had parking for about 10euro per day. It is a very big place, the kitchen was a bit of a mess at times, and the staff have quite average customer service. Not acknowledging waiting customers, etc. I probably would stay here again, but only if I needed cheap parking.

Great Hotel. Great value. a bit out of center but good connections. With breakfastroom and an apen kitchen free to use for everyone. brandnew beds,and a light and a energyplug next to every bed. very clean and nice bar/lobby to stay. really great place.

Very modern and clean, excellent place to stay if a little out of the centre, but transport is good.

I will be stay this hotel next time...it was the best i have ever had.

Gorgeous hotel. Spacious, clean, 'hotel-feel'. Even shampoo and handwash in the bathroom! However, they advertise that they are 5 min from city center because you can take the train two stops. Train each way is 4 eu so It is more economical to buy the transit pass for bus/tram/metro and take that which is about 15-20 min to city center. Just be aware!

The hostel is good but the location is far from everything. Spacious room and the staff are nice. But the overall experience is good.

Very nice place.

Hi, thank you for your kind review :) Greetings from cold Amsterdam!

Hostel is located out of the city centre, but it was just beside the Amsterdam Sloterdijk train station, which is just 1 stop (5-7minutes) from Amsterdam Centraal. Rooms were clean, but the wifi was a little sketchy and didn't work well all the time.

Hi, thank you for your review. We noticed the wifi had some failures so the problem is now being solved. Hope to see you again soon in one of our hotels! Greetings from the Meininger Amsterdam team!

The problem of this Hostel is the location. It is far from all the attractions. Having said that, I have no further complains. My stay was great.

I did really like the hostel and services, staff and so on... i would definetely raccomend it

We stayed here for three days and we hope to return soon! Thanks for your hospitality!

Thank you very much for your feedback!! Warm regards from cold Amsterdam.

카드식의 번거로움. 화장실 입구,세면대 등에 칸막이가있었다면 더 좋을듯. 인터넷의 잦은 로그인.

• 5th Nov 2013
  • South Korea

This hostel is not in the city but a decent 5-10min train ride from the center so I would not recommend staying here if you are wanting to make the most of Amsterdam by night. The trains do run frequently throughout the day and it was easy enough to get a night bus home in the early morning but it is not a walkable distance. The place is modern and clean with professional, helpful staff. It has a hotel atmosphere at hostel prices - Great if you want to sightsee and then go back to sleep.

This was a very nice hostel/hotel. I was placed in a very clean ensuite dorm. The breakfast is plentiful, there is a very nice kitchen on site. The only drawback is the location, which is far from the centre of Amsterdam. It's in a business/industrial type area. There is nothing around. It's not on any of the maps I got. The staff was great, very helpful and knowledgable.

Great, very nice, friendly and helpful staff!

• 31st Oct 2013

One of those "Hotel-like" hostels. Thus like a hotel, the rooms are definitely clean and don't have to share bathroom with everybody, but is not the place to hangout with people. The staff are helpful, but the location is a little away from city center. The train station is just nearby and it would be easy to travel to the city in the day time. But if you are going to hangout late, then the only way to get back is through night bus. There's a P+R nearby, good news for people traveling by car.

it was just the location that i did not find convinient. everything else was perfect. Would stay there again.

• 30th Oct 2013