MEININGER Berlin Airport Reviews

Alexander-Meissner-Strasse 1, Berlin, Germany

Used this hotel whilst riding my motorbike across europe. Arrived late to be greeted by a very enthusiastic and helpful member of stay. Infact all the staff my my short stay a very welcoming and stress free experience. I would definately stay here again and there's every chance i will on my way home

Close the airport but out of town by about 30mins - free transfer from airport which was good!

Power went out during our stay which was really annoying

• 29th Jul 2015

Was very happy with my stay there. Shuttle bus to the airport. Room felt like a hotel room very clean and modern. When I had back to Berlin I will be staying there.

The kitchen here is very amply stocked, which is a plus. I actually got upgraded from a four bed dorm to a two bed private so it's hard to give much insight into value for money, but my room was beautifully appointed and although it's pretty hard to get to and from the city, if I had an awkward time flight into or out of schonefield, staying here the night would be super convenient

Best stay on our whole trip through Europe. The room have the looks of an kozy appartment. Clean, good service. Everything was high standards. Only downeside is that it isn't positioned near the centrum, but the S-Bahn made it work.

• 15th Jul 2015
  • Norway
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Thanks a lot for that great compliment! We feel honored to hear you loved your stay at MEININGER Hotel Berlin Airport and felt very comfortable with your room and our service. We hope to see you back at one of our hotels around Europe soon again! What about a trip to Brussels or London? Take care, your MEININGER Team

Meinninger Berlin Airport is the most luxurious hostel I've ever been, and it charges a standard hostel price. The dorm is spacious and stylish, and there are a TV, a great shower, and a bathroom in the dorm. I felt so spoiled! I had to take an early flight at 7.05, so I took the first shuttle bus from the hostel at 6.05. The driver seemed to take his time, so I was a bit stressed. But it turned out all fine and I made it to the airport in 5 minutes as they promised.

Free shuttle from the airport, train into Berlin centre a 10 minute walk away, really clean, great (paid) breakfast, perfect wifi. Ideal if you need to stay close to the airport, not ideal if you would like to go into town and back everyday.

It is perfect if you want to stay near the airport! Oh my room did not have a locker that was usable, but it's so safe it doesn't really matter.

I arrived late at night so this was great because it brought me from the airport to the hostel. Next morning I checked out and went into Berlin to a new hostel. This is more like a hotel, great location to airport but not for tourist activities. Staff was great, beds were clean.

• 22nd Jun 2015

Great hostel to stay at the night before a flight.

This is a hotel with a few shared rooms, not really a hostel. Clearly you only book this for its proximity to the airport. There is definitely nothing else in the area. As long as that's your intention, you're fine. It's a very clean, neat place, and our group of three had a 4-bed room + bathroom to ourselves.

Excellent location when your flight is very early in the morning or you arrive late at night. Good connection to the city centre, S-bahn station literally down the road. You can reach town in around 30 minutes, no problem.

Overall it was a nice place to say for the weekend, aside from being so far from Berlin. the price was also a bit high for what we got.

• 29th May 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

This place was really nice. There was a really awesome little german restaurant with amazing food right down the street. It was more like a hotel than a hostel, so we didn't really meet anyone. Don't do laubdry here. Dryers apparently just make your wet clothes hot. Staff was ok. Have fun finding your way there if you don't come from the airport, their directions assume you come from the airport, also they are not on the free map. No lockers.

Far from the city, the hostel is very nicely accommodated and if you need a place stay near the airport then it's the best.