MEININGER Berlin Alexanderplatz

Fabulous 1319 Total Reviews

• Australia, Female, 25-30
11th Jul 2017
4.9

For the price of the dorms here you would expect it to be in a better location. There are other hostels in the same price range that have a much better location. Also the hostel tried to overcharge me €16 than what had been confirmed at time of booking. Make sure you know how much you are supposed to pay!

• Australia, Mixed Group, 18-24
10th Jul 2017
6.9

We did run into some issues with our initial checkin where my brother and I were put into a female dorm instead of a mixed dorm. After trying to tell staff that night there seemed to be an issue they insisted we were in the right place. The following morning we received a knock at the door where a rude staff burst in insisting it was our fault and we made a mistake on the booking. I double checked and this wasn't the case. The morning staff we found to be quite rude and unhelpful.

• England, Male, 18-24
9th Jul 2017
7.1

Feels more like a hotel chain than a hostel, but modern and clean with comfy beds. Atmosphere is a bit dead but the people in my room made it a great time. Easy to get around as the underground is literally outside which is really convenient. Overall a pretty decent stay

• England, All Male Group, 18-24
8th Jul 2017
7.1

There's very little great about this place except from the location, it's right outside the U-Bahn, which is a big plus. The place wasn't fantastically clean but it wasn't filthy either. That pattern follows with pretty much everything about this hostel, it's just very average. We had just come from the Meininger hostel in Amsterdam which was amazing so our expectations may have been too high but you would expect consistency amongst the same company. Would probably stay again purely for location

• Ireland, Couple, 18-24
8th Jul 2017

Really good hostel, lovely place to stay. Free luggage room. Nice staff. Would stay again very clean. Safe area. Lidl beside it but doesn't open Sundays

• Hong Kong, Male, 18-24
6th Jul 2017

Good facilities and and nice design of the hostel. I stayed in a 6 beds dormitory and the bathroom inside is equipped with a hairdryer, which is a big plus. I would assume that the hostel is good in terms of cleanliness, though other people sharing the room had made a mess.

• Finland, All Male Group, 18-24
5th Jul 2017
8.0

Very hotel-like atmosphere, so your experience depends on whether you enjoy that kind of accomodation or not. I personally didn't find the atmosphere particularly enjoyable. Cleanliness 5/5, we stayed at a 4-bed dorm and had our own bathroom and everything was spotless. All in all, very clean and modern but if you're into more social and homemade vibe, this might not be your best bet.

30th Jun 2017

Very helpful staff. If you are traveling alone and are trying to meet fellow travelers, I don't recommend staying here. It doesn't have the cozy "family style" vibe that many other hostels tend to have. Very clean, modern, easy to get to. More like a small hotel. I gave security a low rating only because the drawers for your stuff wouldn't close/lock properly, even with a padlock. And it wasn't just my locker, but multiple ones. Overall good experience though!

• Ecuador, Male, 41+
19th Jun 2017

My first time in Meininger Hotels. Very good experience. The staff very friendly and supportive. Special thanks to Fabian. I can recommend the Hotel to my friends without any doubt.

• USA, Male, 25-30
16th Jun 2017

Loved it! Staff great, room as expected, location convenient, price cheap