MEININGER Berlin Alexanderplatz

Fabulous 1223 Total Reviews
Fabulous 1223 Total Reviews

• Colombia, Male, 31-40
13th Apr 2017

my staying was amazing , they have all what you need . the staff is the best , very polite , very kind . this hotel is located near to the best zones and it is located in front of the metro station , Thank you for be part of my best stayings in EUROPE : ) . The staff is the best of the best, well done guys . your service is the most important reason to comeback in 2018 , yeahhhhhh

11th Apr 2017

Every thing was simple, straightforward, and user friendly from check in to check out. All the colleagues were friendly and great help! Big thank you to all of them. Will definitely return if there is a MEININGER hotel around!

• England, Mixed Group, 41+
10th Apr 2017

Great hostel. Clean and modern. Fantastic staff. Very quiet when in your room. Beds very comfortable. Great location, right opposite u-bahn. Easy walk to Alexanderplatz. Popular with school groups - sometimes breakfast could be busy. Suited our 4 day family break perfectly.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
8th Apr 2017
6.3

Great location and nice rooms. However this is not a hostel!!! 6 people crammed into a small hotel sized room that forces some strangers to share a double bed was very uncomfortable and should not be classed as a 'dorm'. No security lockers within the rooms and only one small closet for storage, other than that no room for bags. Felt like we had no space and wasn't enough room to walk freely around room. Really rude staff and absolutely no atmosphere. Wouldn't stay again.

• mhvattum228
  • Norway, Couple, 25-30
8th Apr 2017

Great central place to stay when exploring Berlin. Good facilities, helpful staff and decent price.

• Croatia, Mixed Group, 18-24
7th Apr 2017

The hostel is at a really good location considering its price. The room and the bathroom were 100% clean and comfortable. The service was great and what I especially liked is the luggage storage before check-in and after check out.

6th Apr 2017
7.4

While clean and comfortable, this is not a real hostel experience. People are more business minded no rather unfriendly, not open to chatting with each other. The services are an added cost and rather expensive (eg 10 euro to do a load of laundry). Will not be coming back.

10th Mar 2017
6.3

One staff member was very helpful, the other was extremely rude when I asked for help with my keycard. She said she couldn't help me because there was no proof I was even staying there....despite having my reservation open on the computer. Took multiple tries for her to actually fix my keycard and acted like it was somehow my fault. Rooms are nice and clean. Wish their cancellation policy was more lenient towards things like airport strikes, which happened to me and lost me about 60 euros.

Dear guest, Thank you for your feedback and your open words. We deeply regret your unpleasant experience with us. We always need to double check reservations due to security policies. We regret that you felt treated rough. Nevertheless we would be pleased to welcome you again and kind regards. Your MEININGER team

4th Mar 2017

I've stayed here a few times before and always end up with decent room-mates. The same couldn't be said for some others on the floor though. The noise carried on into the early hours for two nights. They also caused trouble with a local - although the staff dealt with this. They also helped me gain access when I was locked out of my dorm. The only problem was that I wanted to pay the balance in cash on arrival, but was told that it had already been taken from my card. No real explanation either!

Dear guest, Thank you for choosing MEININGER and for your feedback. Great that you always enjoyed staying here and we are looking forward to your next visit. In our terms and conditions and your cancellation policy everything is well explained when charge your credit card before arrival or when you pay with your check in. Kind regards, Your MEININGER team

• Malaysia, All Female Group, 18-24
14th Feb 2017

What I totally impress and like was early check-in. I was supposed to check-in at 14:00 but I arrived in Berlin early in the morning at 7:00, so I was hoping if I could drop my backpack in the lounge locker and use the bathroom to clean up before walking around the city for a bit until the time I could check-in. To my surprise me and my friends could chcrck-in early and go to our room! On our last day we checked out one hour late because we thought checkout was at 12 and we weren't charged!

Dear MEININGER guest, thank you for your great words. We really appreciate your rating. Best wishes & kind regards Your MEININGER team