8.5
Fabulous 1,128 Total Reviews
8.5
Fabulous 1,128 Total Reviews
MEININGER Berlin Alexanderplatz Located at Schönhauser Allee 19, , Berlin.
Germany
Berlin 10435 Schönhauser Allee 19
85% 1128
52.5328141 13.4130835
    Rooms available

• Ireland, Male, 25-30
24th Nov 2016

Great location in East Berlin, with the U2 right outside the door which takes you to Alexanderplatz in a few minutes, Stadtmitte or West Berlin in about 20. Fantastic facilities which seem very new. I stayed in a 4 bed dorm including a lovely en suite with great, powerful shower. The bathroom was better than most hotels I've stayed in over the years. Solid bunks mean no creaks and noises during the night. If you want a nice nights sleep and a hotel feel hostel, this is the one. Highly recommen

• Italy, Male, 18-24
23rd Nov 2016

Really clean, staff kind and helpful, moreover the put us (a group of five) in the same 6 mixed dormitory! Well located and connected trhoug underground! I reccomend it

14th Nov 2016

I stayed there already two times, it's a very good place to sleep for its money.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
8.0

I stayed in a 6 bed mixed dorm. Be aware this is a hotel, so as a solo traveller you only meet people in your dorm. The bed was comfortable. There are small lockers for valuables but these only work with big padlocks. The bathroom was clean however had a strange smell. I really enjoyed the location, right next to a U-station which is very convenient. Staff were pleasant and helpful. I thought value for money was good for a hostel in Berlin.

6.6

Where to start? So I book a room. Get condirmation. Arrive. When I tried opening both groups of door's the doucge behind the counter the whole time hold sup amend key card, like dumbass u need one of these to get in. I spoke thru the glass door,"I have a reservation. I need in first." He then smiles and waves the key in the air. I go to the other set of doors. Their closer to him. He then says the same thing after i repeated I have a room I need to get in and sleep. I have bags at the door btw.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
5.7

The staff are not friendly what-so-ever. Initially towels were for free then all of a sudden they were charging for them. Not a social hostel. Breakfast wasn't worth the extra money

• Canada, Female, 25-30
8th Nov 2016

The place was nice, clean, spacious. The rooms were lovely. Location was easy to get to, a few stops from Alexanderplatz. The staff were not very welcoming. The guy who checked us in barely spoke and just looked at us when we walked up to the desk. I also had a discount for our room and he refused to even look at the email... maybe he was having a bad day. Other wise it was a nice place.

• Italy, Female, 31-40
6th Nov 2016
3.7

I must say I was in doubt before booking my stay at MEININGER Berlin Alexanderplatz, cause I read some bad reviews about stincking and tiny rooms, lacking of storage space, unpleasant stuff, but at the same time I also found good feedbacks which make the average rating of the place quit high...Well I can honestly say now, after booking into 7 nights stay, that this place is definitely overrated and all bad reviews are just right, especially those about unprofessional stuff: never more in life!!!

• Turkey, Female, 25-30
5th Nov 2016
8.0

Location is good. Personel is kind. The only thing ı did not like that when ı first came to the room, ı lay a bed myself. It was low point, sorry. But price is good, breakfast is good. I suggest Meinengers Hotel.

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
4th Nov 2016
8.0

This place is more like a hotel, definitely not an easy place to meet other travelers. They seem to host big school groups often. If you are a solo traveler, I would look into another place to stay. If you are looking for a nice clean room then this is the place. Rooms VERY clean. No lockers. Bathrooms ensuite and clean as well. Kitchen is small but its fully equipped. The Ubahn stop is literally in front of the hotel and you can pretty much getting around anywhere. Grocery is down the street.