MEININGER Berlin Central Station Reviews

Ella-Trebe-Strasse 9, Berlin, Germany

Good one especially for those go to Berlin for the first time. Right next to HBF so don't worry about the early train. Can easily go to anyplace in Berlin (the S and U, bus are awesome!) generally is good except that the room doesn't provide lock. score:8.25/10

i am honest and berlin is so best city and love it.. as well i really like to berlin the hostel was good sleep and comfy too.. and nice meet new friends around at the hostel :)

It will be great to stay if you have an early train next morning. The environment is so far okay and nothing special.

Me and my bf shared a 4 bed room and was a good stay. The breakfast is really good and the staff is helpful. The hostel looks like a hotel than a hostel, if you are intending to make friends easily it's better to look for a smaller hostel. Laundry at the hostel it`s not a good idea once they have only one washing machine and one dryer for the whole hotel/hostel (about 9 floors of apartments).

Dear guest, thank you so much for your honest review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon. Take care and best wishes. Your MEININGER Team

Perfect location. I was able to walk almost anywhere I wanted to go to, or hop on the U/S-Bahn right at the train station. I stayed in one of the 4 bed girls rooms. Even for a 4 bed room, it was on the small side (at least in my experience), but it got the job done. This hostel seems to get lots of families, and groups of students. This isn't a downside, but it made it seem more like a hotel, then a hostel. If you are looking for a "traditional" hostel, you may want to look elsewhere.

• 1st Jan 2015

Dear guest Thank you for your review. We're glad that you could enjoy your stay with us and we're looking forward to welcome you again at MEININGER, maybe in another city... Best regards Your MEININGER-Team

Staff is nice most of the time. But there was a rude guy in the front desk. Otherwise, everything went awesome!

Dear guest Thank you for your review. We're pleased that you could enjoy your trip and the time you stayed with us in Berlin. If you come back, even the "rude guy" will be happy to see you again. Best regards Your MEININGER-Team

Was in a 4 bed dorm. Incredibly small, basically no room to move around. Beds were uncomfortable and the room was very dated - nothing like the images I'd seen prior to booking. Bathroom, although small, was okay. Wifi was atrocious throughout the building, dropping out far too often and requiring the typically complex Meininger method of reconnecting with a series of codes. Positives were it's kitchen and location close to the train station but beyond that I can't think of much more.

Good hostel! Close to transport but a bit far from anything by foot. Staff aren't that friendly (but maybe that's just German people?) and the clothes dryer takes 3 hours to dry your clothes. But good facilities and fun atmosphere!

Incredible

We really liked the hostel!! We made most atractions by foot. And one of the biggests stations is right in front of the hostel, so you have metro, restaurants, pharmacy, supermarket just by your side!

I only stayed here because it was right next to the Hbf and I was traveling with 70 pounds of luggage. However, this place is not optimal for solo travelers looking for a social experience. Very very large hostel, not even a hostel really. More of a hotel.

Nice location, just outside the main station and even closer than inter city hotel. Cheap price and friendly staff.

It was my first time staying at a hostel and I really liked it! Nice and clean bedrooms, friendly and good english speaking staff and perfect location. The only downside is the wifi is not very good in the bedrooms, but it's not a major problem. Would definitely recommend it!

Overall very good, nearly all you could ask for from a budget hotel. The one let down was Ria who worked on the front desk....as miserable a person I have ever met! A change of career is suggested....work alone!

Had a great 2 night stay good location the only trouble we had was the luggage storage,the bags were on the floor upside down and open,nothing missing butt easy for it to happen!!

• 26th Nov 2014
  • Wales

The front of house staff leave a lot to be desired.

The counter staff let the place down badly

I thought that the hostel was excellent in terms of cleanliness and service. My only gripe is that on my 2nd night two Brazilian girls who were in the same room as me decided to come back at gone 2 in the morning and decided to take a shower which woke me up. Along with that they then decided to keep undoing the zips on their bags, slam the draws at the bottom of the beds and talk rather loud. This is not good and when I challenged them they didn't like it. They moved the next day thankfully.

It was great having this right beside the train station. The best part was their walking tour! Mark our guide was amazing! A must do if you want to know the culture of Berlin! Overall a great place to stay.

I like to stay here and once again I think meininger hotel has a great business overall, but there's one thing they need to improve in this location is the WiFi is so terribly hard to connect or use, other than that is fine I like it.

Dear guest, thanks a lot for rating us! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Regarding the WIFI we can assure you usually it is a stable connection but at peak times it tends to be a bit slower. All the best your MEININGER Team

← Back to search results