MEININGER Berlin Central Station

• jbushon1
  • USA, Female, 41+
20th Jun 2017
6.6

We stopped here for one night. I wanted to clean our clothes. To use the laundry facilities, it was 5 Euros. This I paid for the convenience of washing at the hostel. The problem was that the dryer was broken and the staff claimed that it was not. That morning I took a cab (24 Euros) to and from a washsalon to dry my clothes for 2.80 Euro. That load of wash cost me, 31.80 euros. Not happy!!!

17th Jun 2017
6.3

Staff was unfriendly, chain hotel feel.

15th Jun 2017

Overall, the hostel is decent, but the rooms are tiny and there's very little space for luggage or moving between the beds. There are mini lockers (good for passports/money/etc.) available in reception, but there's nothing in the rooms. The beds are comfortable and the dedicated reading lights/power outlets are handy. The rooms get hot in the summer, especially if your roommates keep the window shut. The location is great for walking to all the main sites & it's right next to the train station.

14th Jun 2017

The room alloted to me was very small. One bed but bed was very narrow mattress, if you turn when sleepingmay fall on the floor !, and euro 116 with NO breakfast. Kiran OZA Bhavnagar INDIA

• Australia, Male, 25-30
13th Jun 2017
6.0

Far too hot in the dorms. It feels like trying to get to sleep in a sauna. No real vibe in the Hostel either. Staff are friendly location is good, but that's about all I can say that's positive about this place.

• jack_hampton481
  • England, Couple, 18-24
10th Jun 2017

This is an amazing hostel, located right next to the Central train station. Most sights/attractions are only a 15-20min walk away. Very friendly & helpful receptionists. We were upgraded to a twin room for free as the hostel was overbooked (we'd booked a 4-bed mixed). It felt more like a hotel than a hostel! The free walking tour advertised by the hostel was great! The rooftop terrace has stunning views. Just one small point but our rooms sometimes got a little hot/stuffy. Overall, excellent!!

• Australia, Male, 25-30
9th Jun 2017

Great hostel with excellent, clean facilities and excellent location right next to Berlin Hbf. Very helpful staff and overall very good value for money. Would definitely stay here again.

• jussiala-olla9220
  • Finland, Couple, 18-24
9th Jun 2017

I stayed here for 2 nights while interrailed with my 11yrs-old daughter. The location was great to us; just a few steps from Berlin Hbf, just main doors out and the hotel lies in the right. The central was near enough also. We also rented bikes for second day from hotel, that was fun too. Staff was helpful and polite. The room was clean with all needed facilities and at reception there was also washing machine with dryer. Only good feedback, I will definitely recommend this hotel truly

8th Jun 2017

Great place, more of a hotenthen a hostel. Not much of a social experience if that's what you are looking for. Other than that it was great

7th Jun 2017

Typically the most important factors for me choosing a hostel is the laundry facilities and location. Location was amazing... laundry facilities were a joke. You'll spend all day trying to do one load... Why do you have such a bad dryer? I wasted my last morning in Germany waiting on it to slowly slowly slowly dry. That said, the room was GREAT. Better than some hotels I've stayed in. Recommended to anyone that doesn't need laundry facilities.