MEININGER Berlin Central Station Reviews

Ella-Trebe-Strasse 9, Berlin, Germany

2003 Total Reviews

I was very impressed with the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff.

• 13th Jul 2014
  • South Africa

Dear guest, thank you very much for rating us :) Glad to read that you enjoyed your stay ! Try out MEININGERs in Europes vibrant cities :) See you soon, best regards, your MEININGER Team

Booked a 4 bed mixed dorm and they through me in a 2 bed mixed dorm which didn't sound bad at first. Then I get into my room and the "two beds" are combined to make one big bed with a couch on the side. Asked the guy at reception what the deal was with that and he said "oh looks like you'll have to sleep on the couch." Wouldn't recommend this place one bit.

Dear guest, thanks a lot for your feedback and help. The room which you got was a double room, where it is possible to move the beds, we completly understand it feels more comfortable to have his own bed in a mixed dorm. It would be a pleasure to welcome you again and assure you another time. Best wishes, your MEININGER Team

Unfriendly staff. No wifi in dorm room.

Dear guest, thank you for your feedback! Please be sure technical work in already in process. Regarding our staff, we feel very sorry - this is not how it should be! We hope to assure you next time. Take care and best wishes, your MEININGER Team

So close to the train station so really easy to find after a long train journey! A bit out of the centre but only a ten minute walk.

Dear guest, thank you for rating us :) Glad that you enjoyed your stay! Best wishes and see you soon, your MEININGER Team

It is a hostel in a hotel structure. So you will find a lot of people in the hall, stairs... all spaces in the hostel. Because of this the staff needs to work hard and a lot. This will contribute to in the reception someone ask you "what is the problem?" than "May I help you?"... Maybe in the same situation I could do the same... On the other hand, the location is amazing. The room is really small, but clean. So if you need good location this is the place to stay in Berlin. But in other case..

The hostel had such terrible wifi it was effectively useless. It was also inhabited by LOADS of school children who pestered one of my friends, and couldn't believe that we were actually 20 years old not 15. Several times as well we opened our door and there were groups of school children hanging around in the hallway sitting directly outside our door! My friend also received poor service at the bar being told by one member of staff that it was closed and then they went and served someone else.

• 7th Jul 2014

Dear guest, many thanks for your feedback, it helps us to keep improving our product. We apologise for inconvenience at the bar - usually it is 24/7 open as our reception desk. WE hope to assure you another time. Take care and best wishes, your MEININGER Team

Excellent location, right next to Berlin's Hauptbahnhof, Perfect place if you need an affordable place to sleep. Only major criticism is that the dishes for the breakfast, that was paid extra, were unclean. It was hard to find a plate, mug, and silverware that was not covered in food remnants. Would recommend to stay here but avoid the breakfast.

• 5th Jul 2014

Dear guest, thank you very much for helping us with your feedback. Of course this is not our standard of quality, therefore we apologize for the inconvenience. It would be a pleasure to welcome you again und assure you with our all you can eat breakfast buffet :) Best regards, your MEININGER Team

Everything was perfect, except that the toilet was a bit dirty even if we were just 4 People using it, and the Wifi doesn't work in the whole building.

Dear guest, thank you for much for your advice. Pleasure be sure technical work is already in process. We would like to welcome you again at MEININGER Hotels :) Kind regards, your MEININGER Team

Great location (close to shops, trains,tours,buses etc), excellent facilities in the hotel, clean, secure and fantastic value for money! Info was very close to hand and free wifi was an added bonus! Would definitely go back here again, highly recommended

Dear guests, thanks a lot for rating us :) It would be a plaesure to welcome you again ! Best wishes, your MEININGER Team

Dear sir As I spent 4 nights here, I don't like your hotel at all. There are a lot of noisy student who have no respect another peoples. Your staff have poor information, they are so busy all day long. Hope this can help to improve the next coming. Thank you Mimi, Thailand

• 30th Jun 2014
  • Thailand

Excellent location & friendly staff.

Interesting design, nice staff - to cut a long story short, excellent! If I visit Berlin again, surely will choose Meininger!

• 29th Jun 2014
  • Kazakhstan

Location is good to access Berlin Hauptbanhof. Some lady staff was not so friendly.

Great hostel, second time back. I was disappointed the roof top bar was in function while I was there, I am not sure why. The WiFi away from the main area was terrible, we where on 3rd floor and didn't seem to work properly at all but still I love this hostel overall, great location, rooms, value for money etc.

If you're looking for a mainstream hotel feel this is exactly that. It doesn't have the vibes of a hostel because it is to large. For us, there really wasn't too much association outside of the people you met in your room and some individuals here and there. Besides that I can't complain; perfect location right outside of central station, clean and bathroom for each room of 4 individuals, and a good guest kitchen.

• 27th Jun 2014

Except of the noise outside which really can be a problem in the summer, the hostel itself is great, my room was clean, fresh, very comfy. Location is excellent and it's very easy to find.

Can't knock anything by the hostel but don't bother with the 'free walking tours'!

Great hostel but was more like a hotel. Did not have the same atmosphere as a regular hostel. But it was a very clean place and the staff were very helpful. We liked that we could hire bikes from there and that it was near to the main station. Although in the centre, next time we would like to pick a place nearer to Kreuzberg/Friedrichshain where there seems to be more life!

Well-known hostel chain with a nice facilities. I booked 2 bed room but there was a processing error that I stayed at 4 bed room. But since there were no other person except me and my firend, it was much more better choice. Thanks for kind reception.

Great location next to the Hbf, the rooms were clean and there were lockers. I would not stay at a Meininger again though, for a traveller who wants to meet new people it wasn't great. It was full of school children messing around, the bar area had no atmosphere, and we were particularly unfortunate to have roommates who sat on their laptops all day and didn't speak to us!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4