MEININGER Berlin Central Station Reviews

Ella-Trebe-Strasse 9, Berlin, Germany

2065 Total Reviews

The location of the hostel was absolutely perfect in terms of access to the train station. As we arrived in the early hours of the morning before our check in the following night the staff were happy to let us sit in the foyer and store our bags until a more reasonable hour.

Thought we would like a bigger company as it would potentially be superior in it's facilities however this did not live up to our expectation. The wifi signal in the room was incredibly poor; the breakfast buffet was sufficient but no-one checked to confirm if we had paid or not which felt like a waste of money. I was also taken aback when I was given attitude by a member of staff after requesting a smaller bike to rent as I felt unsafe on the one they chose. Bigger is not always better.

It was a nice stay and the location of the hostel is simply the best - just beside the main train station! Just a few of comments to make the stay even more enjoyable - to provide towel to the guest. Also, the pillow could have been more comfortable.

• 17th Aug 2014
  • Malaysia

the hostel is located in a good place (beside the Hauptbanhof) and is very clean.

Excellent hostel, felt more like a hotel. Close to many tourist points, but if you're staying more than 1-2 nights, you may want to venture further into E or W Berlin (depending on your night life preferences). Only complaints were that the laundry was broken, the rooftop "bar" was closed/nonexistent, and the wifi was debilitatingly slow. The best wifi is across the street at the train station Starbucks either early in the morning or late at night (when not crowded).

Brilliant hostel in a brilliant city - everything you could want to see in Berlin is on the doorstep of the hostel and with the biggest train station in Europe across the road, anything is only a train ride away. Can't wait to go back to Berlin w/ Meininger!

• 6th Aug 2014

Definitely a hotel rather than the hostel environment that we were expecting but very clean and comfortable. Shame about the non-existent social vibe.

This is the second time I have stayed in a Meininger Hostel, so when I chose to travel to Berlin I didn't even search for another Hostel because I knew that the staff would be friendly , the room's would be clean, the atmosphere would be nice and the Hostel itself conveniently located. This is easily the best Hostel I have ever stayed in and I would recommend it to my Friends.

It's literally right beside Berlin Central Station, and maybe a 15 minute walk to the Brandenburg Gate (I found it walkable to all the main attractions, but it's not super 'central' in that sense). My four person dorm was clean and pretty, with an in suite bathroom. It does feel more like a hotel than a hostel, so it's not the best place for meeting new people. But it's definitely a comfortable, secure, and affordable place to stay.

Great value for money. Great location. Staff very helpful. Highly recommended

Bad aircon in the rooms. Great breakfast.

The staff in reception was unpolite with us. The hostel is good, good location and clean.

우선역에서 나오자마자 오른쪽에 잇어서 엄청 편함. 관광지랑은 거리가좀 있지만 어차피 베를린은 어디있어도 마찬가지라.,. 직원들도 친절하고 방도 깨끗한편.

This is more of a hotel than a hostel so I would expect it is hard to socialise if you're a lone traveller. That is the only negative point though! The rooms are lovely and cosy with the bathrooms being kept up to very high standards. It is a bit of a walk to the main attractions like the Berlin wall and Checkpoint Charlie but the Reichstag is 5 minutes away with the biggest station in Berlin right next door in order to connect you to any part of the city. I'd definitely stay here again!

Right next to the station! Affordable! Nice areas around the hostel! Breakfast wasn't worth the price though!

I booked a double room to stay with my girlfriend. Towels were changed almost every day, everything was very clean. The air conditioning was sluggish to work, though, and wifi in the room was pretty much non-existent, as the signal was very weak. Everything else was great, though!

It was the best place we stayed in Europe. I'd definitely recommend it!

Perfect located. Very close to the main trainstation. But not really a hostel. It looks like a hotel.

Dear guest, thank you very much for rating us. Happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Lokking forward to welcome you again. Best regards, your MEININGER Team

The stuff were not friendly at all. I never felt they want to help you anyway. But the room is very good with private toilet and shower. Also only 4 people in one room and quiiiiiiiiiiiiiite near to the Central Station. Which is not that expensive according to this location.

Dear guest, thank you for rating us, we really agologise for not feeling well with our staff, usually we give our best to make our guest happy. Happy that you liked our rooms and we hope to see you again! Best wishes, your MEININGER Team

Good location next to the central station and very nice facilities with a bathroom in the dorm. But the temperature was extremely hot, get some air condition working!

Dear guest, thank you for your feedback! Finding a solution for more air circulation in room is already in process - looking forward to welcome you again and to offer you a better atmosphere :) Best regards, your MEININGER Team

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5