MEININGER Berlin Central Station Reviews

Ella-Trebe-Strasse 9, Berlin, Germany

2084 Total Reviews

Definitely feels more like a hotel than a hostel. May have been just the time of the year, but there were loads of high school kids staying there for field trips.

This is more of a hotel than a hostel but with some shared dorm rooms. The rooms were very nice and clean and it's right next to the train station but there wasn't much of an atmosphere.

Its really next to the train station, rooms are small and the guy at the reception vinczi or sth like that, i was waiting his phone call to finish to be able to checkout and after that eventhough i was first on the queue he ignored me and helped the next guy-even the guy said that I came first- and he said it's OK, i didnt even had a chance to complain since i had a train to catch..

The hotel is good, great location, comfy beds. The only thing I regret, regarding the cleanliness, was that just give us the keys to the room, a trash bin in the bathroom was still in full and there were dirty diapers. You can imagine the smell terrible. In the evening, however, the trash has been emptied.

• 30th Aug 2014

The location of the hostel was absolutely perfect in terms of access to the train station. As we arrived in the early hours of the morning before our check in the following night the staff were happy to let us sit in the foyer and store our bags until a more reasonable hour.

Thought we would like a bigger company as it would potentially be superior in it's facilities however this did not live up to our expectation. The wifi signal in the room was incredibly poor; the breakfast buffet was sufficient but no-one checked to confirm if we had paid or not which felt like a waste of money. I was also taken aback when I was given attitude by a member of staff after requesting a smaller bike to rent as I felt unsafe on the one they chose. Bigger is not always better.

It was a nice stay and the location of the hostel is simply the best - just beside the main train station! Just a few of comments to make the stay even more enjoyable - to provide towel to the guest. Also, the pillow could have been more comfortable.

• 17th Aug 2014
  • Malaysia

the hostel is located in a good place (beside the Hauptbanhof) and is very clean.

Location was perfect, staff very kind and breakfast was very good. Excellent value for money.

Excellent hostel, felt more like a hotel. Close to many tourist points, but if you're staying more than 1-2 nights, you may want to venture further into E or W Berlin (depending on your night life preferences). Only complaints were that the laundry was broken, the rooftop "bar" was closed/nonexistent, and the wifi was debilitatingly slow. The best wifi is across the street at the train station Starbucks either early in the morning or late at night (when not crowded).

Brilliant hostel in a brilliant city - everything you could want to see in Berlin is on the doorstep of the hostel and with the biggest train station in Europe across the road, anything is only a train ride away. Can't wait to go back to Berlin w/ Meininger!

• 6th Aug 2014

This hostel is very nice, clean and comfortable, but it feels more like a Hotel rather than a youth hostel.

Definitely a hotel rather than the hostel environment that we were expecting but very clean and comfortable. Shame about the non-existent social vibe.

This is the second time I have stayed in a Meininger Hostel, so when I chose to travel to Berlin I didn't even search for another Hostel because I knew that the staff would be friendly , the room's would be clean, the atmosphere would be nice and the Hostel itself conveniently located. This is easily the best Hostel I have ever stayed in and I would recommend it to my Friends.

It's literally right beside Berlin Central Station, and maybe a 15 minute walk to the Brandenburg Gate (I found it walkable to all the main attractions, but it's not super 'central' in that sense). My four person dorm was clean and pretty, with an in suite bathroom. It does feel more like a hotel than a hostel, so it's not the best place for meeting new people. But it's definitely a comfortable, secure, and affordable place to stay.

Great value for money. Great location. Staff very helpful. Highly recommended

Bad aircon in the rooms. Great breakfast.

Wifi was tooooo slow!

The staff in reception was unpolite with us. The hostel is good, good location and clean.

우선역에서 나오자마자 오른쪽에 잇어서 엄청 편함. 관광지랑은 거리가좀 있지만 어차피 베를린은 어디있어도 마찬가지라.,. 직원들도 친절하고 방도 깨끗한편.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5