MEININGER Berlin Central Station Reviews

Ella-Trebe-Strasse 9, Berlin, Germany

We really liked the hostel!! We made most atractions by foot. And one of the biggests stations is right in front of the hostel, so you have metro, restaurants, pharmacy, supermarket just by your side!

I only stayed here because it was right next to the Hbf and I was traveling with 70 pounds of luggage. However, this place is not optimal for solo travelers looking for a social experience. Very very large hostel, not even a hostel really. More of a hotel.

Nice location, just outside the main station and even closer than inter city hotel. Cheap price and friendly staff.

It was my first time staying at a hostel and I really liked it! Nice and clean bedrooms, friendly and good english speaking staff and perfect location. The only downside is the wifi is not very good in the bedrooms, but it's not a major problem. Would definitely recommend it!

Overall very good, nearly all you could ask for from a budget hotel. The one let down was Ria who worked on the front desk....as miserable a person I have ever met! A change of career is suggested....work alone!

Had a great 2 night stay good location the only trouble we had was the luggage storage,the bags were on the floor upside down and open,nothing missing butt easy for it to happen!!

• 26th Nov 2014
  • Wales

The front of house staff leave a lot to be desired.

The counter staff let the place down badly

I thought that the hostel was excellent in terms of cleanliness and service. My only gripe is that on my 2nd night two Brazilian girls who were in the same room as me decided to come back at gone 2 in the morning and decided to take a shower which woke me up. Along with that they then decided to keep undoing the zips on their bags, slam the draws at the bottom of the beds and talk rather loud. This is not good and when I challenged them they didn't like it. They moved the next day thankfully.

It was great having this right beside the train station. The best part was their walking tour! Mark our guide was amazing! A must do if you want to know the culture of Berlin! Overall a great place to stay.

I like to stay here and once again I think meininger hotel has a great business overall, but there's one thing they need to improve in this location is the WiFi is so terribly hard to connect or use, other than that is fine I like it.

Dear guest, thanks a lot for rating us! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Regarding the WIFI we can assure you usually it is a stable connection but at peak times it tends to be a bit slower. All the best your MEININGER Team

Stayed in a 4 person dorm 2 nights. Cheap if were to think as a hostel. And great bar downstairs, very helpful staff. Atmosphere good but affected by poor wifi in rooms, meaning people hang out in lobby by bar. Location super, shows EPL too. Its a Daycent spot

Great location, very close to the main station. And a short walk from the Bundestag, Reichstag, Brandenburg Tor, Potsdamer Platz, etc. Loved it!!

Dear guest, we appreciate your rating very much and thank you for pointing out our very central location :) All the best from Berlin your MEININGER Team

The cleaner took or threw away my carrier bag of toiletries and changed my sheets the last day before I left. Up to that point the stay had been great

Dear guest, thank you for your rating and feedback! We apologize that your personal belongings got lost and assure you that this is not common. We would be happy to welcome you again at one of our MEININGER Hotels in the future. Best regards your M-Team

Great location when you need to catch an early train or the early TXL bus to the airport. Literally across the street from the hauptbahnhof. Great facilities, very clean, towel provided. Wifi doesn't work in room so I had to hang out in the hallway outside my room for a bit to get some things done. There is no vibe though. Definitely a hotel with some dorm beds, but I knew this from my stay at Meininger in Brussels. Clean and convenient. That's what it's got going for it.

very nice

It is a nice place. Excellent location for whoever need to catch a train or arriving from the main station. Also nearby to some points of interest. Clean and efficient, perfect for my needs this time, would stay again.

Dear guest, thank you so much for taking the time to rate us! We are happy to hear that you had a good time in Berlin and look forward to welcome you again :) Best regards your MEININGER-Team

The location is a few seconds (!) walk from the Hauptbahnhof (main train station), so that's really convenient! A short walk from the Bundestag, Reichstag, Brandenburg Tor, Potsdamer Platz, etc. The bar doesn't serve Berliner Weisse, but does serve a lot of other drinks and some interesting cocktails. If you want to extend your stay, do it via hostelworld, as it can be cheaper than via the front desk.

The hostel is great great location to main station, only gripe was the shower was a bit blocked and the shower well filled up making me take a short shower or it would have over flowed

• 19th Oct 2014

My cousin and I stayed in a 4 person dorm for 3 nights. Thoughts: -Small room, its hard to walk around. Our lockers weren't working -Location isn't very central, but the train station was across the street, which would take you anywhere -Staff was very nice and helpful to me, but I noticed they were rude to others. -AYCE breakfast for 5.90 Euro was OK, but I expected hot foods (bacon, eggs, etc.). We only got it once. -There were a lot of school groups. -Poor wifi connection in the room

Dear guest, thank you very much for rating us, this always helps us to improve our service.Please note that we cater to all different kind of travellers which results in the typical 'MEININGER Guest Mix' and always try to satisfy everbody's needs. We are looking forward to see you again in one of our MEININGER Hotels. Best regards, your MEININGER Team

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4